Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984060 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:16:57 AM

NEM: Cryptocurrency 2.5

http://www.cryptoland.info/new-economy-movement-nem-cryptocurrency-2-5/

EDIT: just a little too slow!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
haggis

Activity: 984

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:19:43 AM

Another issue. If I click on "Send NEM" I get a window to enter recipient address and message.

So I started to type the message and after hitting [enter] for multiline, the transaction was executed immediately without any confirmation window. After clicking on "Send NEM" again the form was prefilled with my previous entered data. Pressing [Enter] just sends the transaction again Smiley
The transaction theirself are not visible in the wallet ui (and the amount also doesn't change) but the transactions get logged into the terminal:
Code:
Jun 26, 2014 2:16:54 AM org.nem.ncc.controller.l P
INFORMATION: parameter <{"amount":1337000000,"wallet":"haggis","encrypt":0,"recipient":"A","message":"Just received the coins, thank you!\n\n\n\n\n","account":"TDB54B5GMSKOQWDZFOBPJZIGNDM3WVQDNQAJAWZR"}>
haggis

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:23:06 AM

Did you start NIS and let it load before starting NCC?
I guess, yes. At least I was able to receive coins. The errors also don't look like they are related to the NCC connection imho.
googlesearch

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:25:40 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 12:37:42 AM by googlesearch

Personally I thought the nem logo with the little box in the top corner was really good! Why not just use that? The box could be that ticker symbol

You mean loi's logo, right? this one:

https://i.imgur.com/i30q55h.png
https://i.imgur.com/J3tyuKq.png

It's neat!

I like that one the most!
the cube is minimalistic and and still has enough character!
same goes for the font.
& of course the angle fits nicely between both.

I like Loi's designs and have a lot of respect for him as a designer/UX guy. He's really good.

I like the text in this logo, but the box doesn't really seem to mean anything to me or represent a symbol relating to an economy based on financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity.

So we went back and thought about what does NEM mean and what kind of new economy we want to build. We want an economy where the three ideals of NEM are held together in perfect balance. An economy united in solidarity by those three ideals. From that I proposed using the tomoe as a base symbol, and then trying to build from there. Tomoe is an ancient symbol, which rather than being a bad thing, I believe this is really good for us; symbols like this resonate deeply with humans, which is why they have been around for so long. Offset boxes/triangles don't really resonate, in my opinion (there is a place for them, just not as a fit for the symbology of NEM).

Loi: You are a great designer and we all love you. We wish you would be more active in our movement and help us create a new economy based on financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity. I think Tomoe represents these ideals. Do you think you could try to (it doesn't have to be today or this week, just when you have the time) use tomoe as a base for a logo and build something? One of the comments that repeatedly came up in the logo committee was that rather than just using text (i.e., NEM) as a base for a logo, it might be better to use something else. Therefore, I propose using tomoe as the base (it is okay to have something like NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT underneath or something), rather than text; not everyone speaks english or uses latin characters, so I would prefer to not have text be a main part of a logo/symbol.

For now, some people like the logo, some people don't, but let's keep the discussion productive and try to reach a consensus as a community as to what represents our movement and try to focus the design from there. I think tomoe (3 parts united in balance) is the way to go, though there are many variations we can do with that.

Guys (and our few female nemsters--we need more of you!), enjoy the alpha. The is just the beginning!
August 6th marks the 69th anniversary of the dropping of the atomic bomb on hiroshima.When NEM launch?
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:25:45 AM

Personally I thought the nem logo with the little box in the top corner was really good! Why not just use that? The box could be that ticker symbol

It's neat!

same goes for the font.

I like Loi's designs and have a lot of respect for him as a designer/UX guy. He's really good.

I like the text in this logo, but the box doesn't really seem to mean anything to me or represent a symbol relating to an economy based on financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity.

So we went back and thought about what does NEM mean and what kind of new economy we want to build. We want an economy where the three ideals of NEM are held together in perfect balance. An economy united in solidarity by those three ideals. From that I proposed using the tomoe as a base symbol, and then trying to build from there. Tomoe is an ancient symbol, which rather than being a bad thing, I believe this is really good for us; symbols like this resonate deeply with humans, which is why they have been around for so long. Offset boxes/triangles don't really resonate, in my opinion (there is a place for them, just not as a fit for the symbology of NEM).

Loi: You are a great designer and we all love you. We wish you would be more active in our movement and help us create a new economy based on financial freedom, decentralization, and equality of opportunity. I think Tomoe represents these ideals. Do you think you could try to (it doesn't have to be today or this week, just when you have the time) use tomoe as a base for a logo and build something? One of the comments that repeatedly came up in the logo committee was that rather than just using text (i.e., NEM) as a base for a logo, it might be better to use something else. Therefore, I propose using tomoe as the base (it is okay to have something like NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT underneath or something), rather than text; not everyone speaks english or uses latin characters, so I would prefer to not have text be a main part of a logo/symbol.

For now, some people like the logo, some people don't, but let's keep the discussion productive and try to reach a consensus as a community as to what represents our movement and try to focus the design from there. I think tomoe (3 parts united in balance) is the way to go, though there are many variations we can do with that.

Guys (and our few female nemsters--we need more of you!), enjoy the alpha. The is just the beginning!

How about you write the text requirements for a 99 design/ design crowd contest so that many designers can join and present his works? IMO imposing the Tomoe shape on the designers is too limiting and not every designers, especially artistic (and very good) ones would not want to work under these limiting conditions.

Ideally you write the texts expressing the ideas you want the symbol to convey and let the artist/ designer do the works. Letting the cook pick the ingredients seems smarter to me.

This is reasonable, but rather than outsourcing to 99 design, we should try to get designers to join our movement and stay with us for the long run. Loi is a good designer, but not sure how much interest he has in crypto/economic systems/shaping the future of the world (hopefully he is interested!).

Logo is a specific component that is ideally being done by a very competent designer. What do you mean by "get designers to join our movement and stay with us for the long run" ?

Are you on the logo committee? If not, please join!

No disrespect ! I like your ideas a lot but there is a bridge between great ideas/ writing to a great logo representation that needs to be crossed.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:28:50 AM

must not have had your weatabix in the morning?

Wink

Great. The writer sounds like a Nemster !

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
haggis

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:33:39 AM

One more Smiley

If I start NCC and click on "Send NEM" the first time it says I need to "Boot local node" first - even when I already did. So I click on that button a 2nd time, opening the window to enter a node name. Click on "Boot" gives a "NIS validation error" with the following in the terminal:

Code:
Jun 26, 2014 2:25:45 AM org.nem.ncc.controller.e a
INFORMATION: org.nem.ncc.utils.NccException: null, fault id: 307, message: network boot was already attempted

"Send NEM" is working afterwards. I gues it's because I restarted NCC only. So that it lost connection to the local nocde (in NIS) and then tried to start the same node again from the interface.

Better behavior would be to first lookup if there's already a node running (and if, using that one) before triying to start a second one.
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 12:34:47 AM

must not have had your weatabix in the morning?

Wink

Great. The writer sounds like a Nemster !

I agree, this is a very nice article on NEM.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 12:42:31 AM

already posted on fb
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:18:40 AM

It's neat!

same goes for the font.

The "box" is not an actual box, it just looks similar.
It is a combination of the letters N, E and M. All together, with twisted left and right sides Smiley

Now there can also be seen other figures but that is the "power" of simple symbols.
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:20:57 AM

What we have is blockchain (we also have probably thread-related bug, that we're trying to nail before open alpha). It's really unhealthy.

bug? 
I guess it is corrected as nobody is complaining / writing about it Smiley ?

it's not corrected yet, we haven't nailed it. Nobody's complaining, as it's almost impossible to spot for users, we just know WHAT to look at.

How is the software running? 
Almost a day now ... any statistics about errors or smthg?
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:29:50 AM

It's neat!

same goes for the font.

It is a combination of the letters N, E and M. All together, with twisted left and right sides Smiley

Now there can also be seen other figures but that is the "power" of simple symbols.

I like Makoto's design. Our symbol should not just be a "logo", which I feel the boxish design represents. The difference between a logo and a symbol is that a symbol has meaning. The product NEM offers represents a large change (maybe a new monetary paradigm), and a philosophy. It is up to our symbol to represent our philosophy. The previous logo did not. Makoto created a design that is not only stylish, but wholly represents us as a community.

To quote him, "So we went back and thought about what does NEM mean and what kind of new economy we want to build. We want an economy where the three ideals of NEM are held together in perfect balance. An economy united in solidarity by those three ideals. From that I proposed using the tomoe as a base symbol, and then trying to build from there. Tomoe is an ancient symbol, which rather than being a bad thing, I believe this is really good for us; symbols like this resonate deeply with humans, which is why they have been around for so long. Offset boxes/triangles don't really resonate, in my opinion (there is a place for them, just not as a fit for the symbology of NEM)."

This is why we should support our new symbol.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
jkoil

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:39:43 AM

It's neat!

same goes for the font.

I like Makoto's design. Our symbol should not just be a "logo", which I feel the boxish design represents. The difference between a logo and a symbol is that a symbol has meaning. The product NEM offers represents a large change (maybe a new monetary paradigm), and a philosophy. It is up to our symbol to represent our philosophy. The previous logo did not. Makoto created a design that is not only stylish, but wholly represents us as a community.

To quote him, "So we went back and thought about what does NEM mean and what kind of new economy we want to build. We want an economy where the three ideals of NEM are held together in perfect balance. An economy united in solidarity by those three ideals. From that I proposed using the tomoe as a base symbol, and then trying to build from there. Tomoe is an ancient symbol, which rather than being a bad thing, I believe this is really good for us; symbols like this resonate deeply with humans, which is why they have been around for so long. Offset boxes/triangles don't really resonate, in my opinion (there is a place for them, just not as a fit for the symbology of NEM)."

This is why we should support our new symbol.

Those ideals can be made to fit almost to whatever logo.
And also logos can be questionable, eg. "how the 3 ideals are similar or have the same sizes - isn't ideal X more important or more critical to this movement?"  Smiley

The logo should be simple (as it must be possible to be printed on different materials or even sculpted to stone). If there will be used that ancient shape, then it should be without those side arcs - at least now I don't get them Smiley

At this time of the day "should support" does not sound egalitarian  Wink

Edit: about that ancient shape: I have not seen that earlier ... so, I can see there many shapes, which I cannot affiliate to cryptocurrencies. As I have not seen it before, I do not have any emotions with it. The case must be different with people, who have seen it and know that it has been used for XXXX years for several good meanings.
Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:43:34 AM

Taking a close look at transacions, I noticed something "strange".

Can I receive 1 nem and who sent me the money pay 10 k nem?

TRansaction details:

Thanks

gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:47:25 AM

send me some pls. hook it up I wanna try sending and receiving
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:50:36 AM

I sent you some awhile ago, did you get them?
Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:51:10 AM

Sent 500 k nem =)

mrvegad

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:52:02 AM

Taking a close look at transacions, I noticed something "strange".

Can I receive 1 nem and who sent me the money pay 10 k nem?

TRansaction details:

Thanks

You can set your own transaction fee, someone must have been testing the system.
mrvegad

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:02:16 AM

im only getting "no suitable peers found to sync with" ?

just got it too, someone else had this earlier tonight
jadedjack

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:05:20 AM

im only getting "no suitable peers found to sync with" ?

Im getting the same error. Is nem centralized?

BadaBing
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: