Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:57:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032140 times)
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:19:03 AM

Dyslexia confirmed

Beware the power of the butthurt.

I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism.

Turns into

He also thinks we need to HARD fork bitcoin to enable (direct? ...implied) "decentralized" full node compensation?

So... what's the incentive?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:33:35 AM

Looks like Blockstream mean business. I think first Gavin and Mike will be sued for messing with there business plan and software.  Huh Shocked not that they have a public businesses plan it's probably a class action on behalf of the community.

I bet that Yong kid theymos got a letter telling him he's an accomplice or something.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:39:47 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1154540.msg12160410#msg12160410

"   
Worked our ASSES off to promote Bitcoin 16 hours/ day for 2 years. Today, banned"

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:42:20 AM

Looks like Blockstream mean business. I think first Gavin and Mike will be sued for messing with there business plan and software.  Huh Shocked not that they have a public businesses plan it's probably a class action on behalf of the community.

I bet that Yong kid theymos got a letter telling him he's an accomplice or something.

Another Gavinista who can't read  Huh

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypothetical

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:50:04 AM

Voice of reason.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 06:56:49 AM

Im just here observing your desperation curve, wondering where it will intersect the bitcoinXT adoption curve.

Good luck observing the "bitcoinXT adoption curve."  You're going to need it.   Wink

We have entered the fog of war, with version stamp weaponization ensuing exactly as I predicted.

This is a special fork for those who do not agree with the blocksize scheduled increase as proposed by Gavin and Mike in their divisive altcoin fork, "Bitcoin XT".

This version can be used to protect the status quo until real technical consensus is formed about the blocksize.

This version is indistinguishable from Bitcoin XT 0.11A except that it will not actually hard fork to BIP101, yet appears on the p2p network as Bitcoin XT 0.11A replete with features, yet at a consensus level behaves just like Bitcoin Core 0.11. If it is used to mine, it will produce XT block versions without actually supporting >1MB blocks.

Running this version and/or mining with XT block versions will make it impossible for the Bitcoin XT network to detect the correct switchover and cause a premature fork of anyone foolish enough to support BIP101 without wide consensus from the technical community.

It prevents correct detection of Bitcoin XT adoption in the wild since usage will be known to have been tampered with and thus all statistical data gathered by getnodes can only be considered unreliable.

https://github.com/xtbit/notbitcoinxt#not-bitcoin-xt

Your move, hearn@sigint.google.mil.   Cool

Wait a second…the small block supporters are going to sybil attack the network in favour of BitcoinXT?  So your plan is to increase the momentum behind XT, helping to convince miners, exchanges, payment processors and web wallets that larger blocks are inevitable, thereby compelling them to add support for larger blocks sooner than they otherwise would have?

Carry on then...

Haha this is going to be fun. We are back to a situation where a miner can not know that his largeblock will be accepted or rejected. This adds the risk cost element to the first largeblock that we have talked about. The version of nodes can no longer be trusted, and there was never a situation where it could be trusted anyway. It makes the whole thing more entertaining. Antifragility slowly creeping in.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 07:10:25 AM

Our window over this weekend into what the true uncensored opinion is in/r/bitcoin shows just how much in favor the economic majority is for larger blocks.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

comedy gold confirmed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:16:57 AM

Unbelievable. Did anyone in this environment ever destroy himself even faster than that Thermos?

Sorry, I've lost count.  Which has been declared destroyed/dooomed/dead more times, Thermos or Bitcoin?

If you don't like Thermos, why don't you fuck off his forum and sub, and go some place more welcoming of contentious/hostile/malicious/parasitic hard forks?

I hear https://voat.co/v/bitcoinxt is nice this time of year.  It's not crowded either!   Grin

I just couldn't imagine how a former libertarian in this environment is able to destroy himself and his cheerleaders in such a short timespan.
brg444

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:24:38 AM

I don't know if you guys been on reddit today but it's amazing the level of sensible and reasonable discussion that can be had when we cut out the "censorship" and "xtears" crap.

If I'd care enough to use changtip I'd buy theymos a beer right about now.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:28:14 AM

I don't know if you guys been on reddit today but it's amazing the level of sensible and reasonable discussion that can be had when we cut out the "censorship" and "xt-ears" crap.

What are you talking about read the second top pined post, he is sleeping and coming in with an axe befor you wake up tomorrow.

The guy's thinking he's creating a time out - he's lost it.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:33:42 AM

Go on smoothie.  Go on evoorhees.  Fuck off to greener, censorship-free pastures where may you attempt to attack Bitcoin all you want.

Don't let me stop you.  You're free now...move into the light...   Cheesy

iCEBLOW throwing his weapons.  or, blowing his weapons.

or, in medical terms, engaging in "projectile vomiting".

You are also welcome to fuck to https://voat.co/v/bitcoinxt, where your XT junta will not be "suppressed" by moderators enforcing rules.

Why are you supporting theymos' "epitome of authoritarianism" and "censorship" by gracing his forum with your presence?

What are you so afraid of, that you agree with all this censorship ?

The pseudo libertarians unmask themselves in record time as soon as they see their livelihoods in jeopardy.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:33:54 AM

I don't know if you guys been on reddit today but it's amazing the level of sensible and reasonable discussion that can be had when we cut out the "censorship" and "xtears" crap.

I see now you aren't Napoleon at all, that's ice. You are Winston.

I wonder at what point will you start to question your role at Minitrue?

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
brg444

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:35:08 AM

I don't know if you guys been on reddit today but it's amazing the level of sensible and reasonable discussion that can be had when we cut out the "censorship" and "xt-ears" crap.

What are you talking about read the second top pined post, he is sleeping and coming in with an axe befor you wake up tomorrow.

The guy's thinking he's creating a time out - he's lost it.

If you have arguments against his post https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h7eei/greg_luke_adam_if_xt_takes_over_and_wins_the/cu53eq3 then I suggest you share them with us.

This, to me, seems like the workings of a sane, rational mind... but what do I know?

At least what this thread shows is some people share the sentiment. Enough that you would stop thinking this is a "blockstream & theymos" conspiracy.

brg444

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:37:10 AM

Oh sorry, I guess your prefer a r/Bitcoin frontpage full of "WHERE IS MY BLOCKSIZE INCREASE? I WANT IT NOW. STOP CENSORSHIP"

Very, very healthy grounds for "discussion"

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 07:53:19 AM

If thermos's forum and sub are such Orwellian epitomes of authoritarianism, why do you visit and legitimize them by participating?

Perhaps https://voat.co/v/bitcoinxt is more to your liking and more in keeping with your stated (but not yet demonstrated) noble ideals?

Go on, scramble your password and show us what first-mover defection from Bitcoin Core's socioeconomic majority actually looks like.

Running an XT node doesn't count anymore, ever since NotBitcoinXT + PseudoNode became a thing...   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
brg444

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:55:42 AM

iwilcox 9 points
If people decide to take their toys and go home because they didn't get their way...

Mike didn't get his way on various PRs. Some wish he had gone home, but instead he decided to wait for a divisive debate he could take advantage of to attempt a coup.

You're part of a group on a plane which is being remodelled mid-flight, with Mike, and out of concern for all on board you refuse him several changes with ill-considered side-effects. He gets up, declares himself pilot and starts swinging a sledgehammer about, crying "Growth at any cost! We're redirecting towards PayPal HQ." Who'd stay on that plane, with the sledgehammer-swinger as the new pilot?

such reason

very truth

Zarathustra
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:57:54 AM

..and all pro XT and angry censorship postings are removed from the front of /r/bitcoin. Disgraceful.

Indeed. They will be making "A List' next....

I was told that "book burnings" would be next.   Huh

Can you please get your Theymos Is Literally Hitler narrative sorted out?  It's getting confusing.

And why are you still here in the land of oppression, instead of running free and wild at https://voat.co/v/bitcoinxt ?

And why are you still here, in cypher's world of free speech, instead of running with your soulmates, the supressors and illiberals?
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:59:31 AM

point is this forum and r/bitcoin are called after bitcoin. not bitcoinxt.
hence i suggest people stfu with this pathetic whining and altcoin shilling.
brg444

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:04:51 AM

..and all pro XT and angry censorship postings are removed from the front of /r/bitcoin. Disgraceful.

Indeed. They will be making "A List' next....

I was told that "book burnings" would be next.   Huh

Can you please get your Theymos Is Literally Hitler narrative sorted out?  It's getting confusing.

And why are you still here in the land of oppression, instead of running free and wild at https://voat.co/v/bitcoinxt ?

And why are you still here, in cypher's world of free speech, instead of running with your soulmates, the supressors and illiberals?

I guess we'll stay here as long as the thread title is not Gold collapsing, Bitcoin-XT UP collapsing  Wink

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:05:42 AM

I guess your prefer a r/Bitcoin frontpage full of "WHERE IS MY BLOCKSIZE INCREASE? I WANT IT NOW. STOP CENSORSHIP"

That's what it's looked like all summer.   Grin

Time to swing the mighty banhammer and clean house.

The sooner the Gavinistas are herded into /v/bitcoinxt to circlejerk themselves the better.

This is theymos's world of free speech.  Like us, Frap.doc is a guest here, even though he usually acts like he owns the place and gets to decide what's on the stereo, what we're eating for supper, and what color to paint the garage.

You'd think someone as old and with as many BTC as him would be a Donator, but no...   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: