Bitcoin Forum
December 06, 2016, 08:31:54 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 ... 1560 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 1804931 times)
kazuki49

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:29:18 AM

fiat is king. btw the hate bitcoiners have against fiat is far stronger than the political skirmish some moneranoj have against bitcoin (me included, I dont see reasons to use bitcoin anymore), seeing how bitcoin needs fiat to survive its quite a paradox it is hated so much, monero on other hand doesnt need bitcoin to survive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 06:54:57 AM

Code:
Gavin in May 2015: "increasing the max block size is urgent"
Gavin in July 2015: "The sky will not fall if the block size stays at 1MB"

Urgency begins before the sky is falling. Only limited brains would wait until the sky is falling.

I just quoted you Gavin saying "The sky will not fall."  How fucking thick are you?

He's right. The sky would not fall.

"Staat nenne ich's, wo alle Gifttrinker sind, Gute und Schlimme: Staat, wo alle sich selber verlieren, Gute und Schlimme:
Staat, wo der langsame Selbstmord aller – »das Leben« heisst."
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 07:16:00 AM

fiat is king. btw the hate bitcoiners have against fiat is far stronger than the political skirmish some moneranoj have against bitcoin (me included, I dont see reasons to use bitcoin anymore), seeing how bitcoin needs fiat to survive its quite a paradox it is hated so much, monero on other hand doesnt need bitcoin to survive.

That's so true. Agree with you wholeheartedly. Bitcoin is nothing in a real life without fiat.

Earn money when BTC crashes - join BTC-E PAMM
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:51:19 AM

Peter's problem, if you call it a problem at all, is that I've only seen one person have the confidence or ability to step up and discuss the math with him. That's pretty damn  impressive.

Instead, all we get is a childish scolding by a hand waving armchair logic dev also by the name of Peter.

That's why I think this will not be solved with more debate.

More debate won't solve this *in the way you prefer.*

But more debate prolongs the stalemate,

Why monero matters
- Adaptive limits. Doesn't suffer from the 1MB block limits

https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters

"Staat nenne ich's, wo alle Gifttrinker sind, Gute und Schlimme: Staat, wo alle sich selber verlieren, Gute und Schlimme:
Staat, wo der langsame Selbstmord aller – »das Leben« heisst."
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:24:53 AM

How anything can be a mystery to someone of such overwhelming intelligence is the real puzzle here. Sidestepped again, oh woe is me. It's not my job to explain your own view to you. Only you can bring yourself to your senses, you've proved countless times that you won't hear reason from anyone else.

The thrust of the Rome Burning metaphor is not the fact that Rome burns, but that you are Nero meddling fiddling whilst it happens. You missed that point though, so eager to to try and deny that there is any risk https://medium.com/@octskyward/crash-landing-f5cc19908e32

...and gavin said what now?

There is a very good blog post by David Hudson at hashingit.com analyzing what will happen on the network as we approach 100% full blocks. Please visit that link for full details, but basically he points out there is a mismatch between when transactions are created and when blocks are found– and that mismatch means very bad things start to happen on the network as the one megabyte limit is reached.

The only mystery here is how you could possibly extrapolate "moral bankruptcy" and well being coming "at the expense of others" from Davout's explicit "everyone gets to benefit" specification.  I suspect you are assigning moral solvency exclusively to equality of outcome, like a typical Free Shit Army Marxist.

And for the coup de grace, here is what Gavin said last month about your Sky Falling/Rome Burning/Red Zone/QUICK LET'S ALL PANIC-based attempts to ram through ill-considered hard forks using fear and mass hysteria:

Keep in mind this is the same Gavin who declared "increasing the max block size is urgent" back in early May.  Gavin must be using some exotic radial definition of "urgent" with which I am not familiar, because despite his FUD nothing bad happened, and as a result of 'meddling by doing nothing' we now enjoy the benefits of better node/pool/mine configurations, smarter wallet software, RBF, fee market incubation, and pressure on SC/LN development.

Code:

#REKT

The problem with calling people 'fucking morons' is it really bites you in the ass when you say something stupid yourself.

Your "coup de grace" only serves to illustrate the point I have made several times here, that whatever anyone says, you will find some way to spin it to suit your own agenda.

Here is your last post, without the fancy words:

I don't understand why its fair for everyone to be able to use the blockchain, I'm afraid that somehow I won't be able to get more benefit than everyone else, so I'll call you names.

I don't really care about facts or reason, I just like arguing on the internet because I feel safe protected by anonymity and the lack of accountability it affords me. Look how I can misconstrue this quote to support my argument.

Hey everyone look at me I am super cool because I can make text red and I know what a hashtag is.

Yeah its ad hom. sue me.

http://haschinabannedbitcoin.com
Full Node: http://46.51.193.129 (BU)
"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 10:50:44 AM

How anything can be a mystery to someone of such overwhelming intelligence is the real puzzle here. Sidestepped again, oh woe is me. It's not my job to explain your own view to you. Only you can bring yourself to your senses, you've proved countless times that you won't hear reason from anyone else.

The thrust of the Rome Burning metaphor is not the fact that Rome burns, but that you are Nero meddling fiddling whilst it happens. You missed that point though, so eager to to try and deny that there is any risk https://medium.com/@octskyward/crash-landing-f5cc19908e32

...and gavin said what now?

There is a very good blog post by David Hudson at hashingit.com analyzing what will happen on the network as we approach 100% full blocks. Please visit that link for full details, but basically he points out there is a mismatch between when transactions are created and when blocks are found– and that mismatch means very bad things start to happen on the network as the one megabyte limit is reached.

The only mystery here is how you could possibly extrapolate "moral bankruptcy" and well being coming "at the expense of others" from Davout's explicit "everyone gets to benefit" specification.  I suspect you are assigning moral solvency exclusively to equality of outcome, like a typical Free Shit Army Marxist.

And for the coup de grace, here is what Gavin said last month about your Sky Falling/Rome Burning/Red Zone/QUICK LET'S ALL PANIC-based attempts to ram through ill-considered hard forks using fear and mass hysteria:

Keep in mind this is the same Gavin who declared "increasing the max block size is urgent" back in early May.  Gavin must be using some exotic radial definition of "urgent" with which I am not familiar, because despite his FUD nothing bad happened, and as a result of 'meddling by doing nothing' we now enjoy the benefits of better node/pool/mine configurations, smarter wallet software, RBF, fee market incubation, and pressure on SC/LN development.

Code:

#REKT

The problem with calling people 'fucking morons' is it really bites you in the ass when you say something stupid yourself.

Your "coup de grace" only serves to illustrate the point I have made several times here, that whatever anyone says, you will find some way to spin it to suit your own agenda.

I don't understand why its fair for everyone to be able to use the blockchain, I'm afraid that somehow I won't be able to get more benefit than everyone else, so I'll call you names.

I don't really care about facts or reason, I just like arguing on the internet because I feel safe protected by anonymity and the lack of accountability it affords me. Look how I can misconstrue this quote to support my argument.

Hey everyone look at me I am super cool because I can make text red and I know what a hashtag is.

Yeah its ad hom. sue me.
Nicely done.  Smiley

I decided that decentralised internet ego's have a tendency to disappear up ones own arse, eventually. Really boring process to watch, actually. 
lunarboy

Activity: 544

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:46:14 AM

Yeah its ad hom. sue me.

class dismissed.  Grin
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:05:07 PM

Peter's problem, if you call it a problem at all, is that I've only seen one person have the confidence or ability to step up and discuss the math with him. That's pretty damn  impressive.

Instead, all we get is a childish scolding by a hand waving armchair logic dev also by the name of Peter.

That's why I think this will not be solved with more debate.

More debate won't solve this *in the way you prefer.*

But more debate prolongs the stalemate,

Why monero matters
- Adaptive limits. Doesn't suffer from the 1MB block limits

https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters

Exactly
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:11:18 PM

Yeah its ad hom. sue me.

class dismissed.  Grin

Clearly sgbett is better than me at this  Cheesy
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 12:58:24 PM

So says the Monero pimp.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:13:24 PM

PT is getting trashed in the rest of the comment section those who seem sick of him are getting very highly upvoted

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3fuz2s/peter_todd_against_gavin_on_the_bitcoindev/

I think this whole blocksize "debate" has opened a lot of people's eyes.

the pro-bigger block upvotes on Reddit, IN GENERAL, are increasing in intensity and pitch and trashing Cripplecoiner's.  the whole lot of Blockstream core dev has been "in absentia" for weeks now and even the personal attacks against me are subsiding in intensity.

poor Cripplecoiner's.  the day of reckoning is nearing.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:19:42 PM

so if I understand correctly Peter's "landmark paper" rise to the top was.."short like leprechaun".

http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-August/009916.html

a valiant effort I guess. getting some more peer-review probably would've been of better judgment?

ps. I'm not against you "crowd-sourcing" your grammar but I thought the whole exercise on reddit made your thread unreadable.

if it was short, which it wasn't, it was only b/c guys like you didn't understand the math and b/c of your myopia.

so if that wasn't enough, perhaps today's Gavin quote stuck to the top of Reddit with over 500 upvotes is good enough for you?:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3fxvn8/gavin_andresen_on_his_vision_for_bitcoin_i_think/
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:46:22 PM

$DJI getting ready to set a new short term low.  i love this;

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:54:13 PM

oh my, Cripplecoiner's need to watch this from Andreas if you don't want to "lose all your money".  also, keep going to the end b/c it's clear that Andreas gets it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jqpKEHYGE0&feature=youtu.be&t=40m11s
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:10:40 PM

what's a fair price for oil at this point?  $25?:

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:17:53 PM

here's my theory.

the Fed might continue to threaten to raise interest rates all day long for months on end, which i don't think they will, but what is happening behind closed doors?  is their PPT division continually printing to perform stick saves all along this sideways pattern trying to prevent a selloff?:

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:35:45 PM

only 14 more pts to go...
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 1498

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 03:36:43 PM

PT is getting trashed in the rest of the comment section those who seem sick of him are getting very highly upvoted

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3fuz2s/peter_todd_against_gavin_on_the_bitcoindev/

the pro-bigger block upvotes on Reddit, IN GENERAL, are increasing in intensity and pitch and trashing Cripplecoiner's.  the whole lot of Blockstream core dev has been "in absentia" for weeks now and even the personal attacks against me are subsiding in intensity.

Reddit has made their decision, now let them enforce it.  Remind me, how many divisions does Chairman Pao command?   Grin

The max block size isn't changing anytime Soon®; you are wasting your energy pounding sand here.

Trash PT and iB all you like, it makes no difference to the Honey Badger of Money.   Cool

Remember the day your beloved overhyped 20mb Gavinblocks' got #REKT like Germanwings Flight 9525?  In case you forgot:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114481/chinese-exchanges-reject-gavin-andresens-20-mb-block-size-increase

Hah, that was good times!   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy.  David Chaum 1996
Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect.  Adam Back 2014
"Monero" : { Private - Auditable - 100% Fungible - Flexible Blocksize - Wild & Free® - Intro - Wallets - Podcats - Roadmap - Dice - Blackjack - Github - Android }

Bitcoin is intentionally designed to be ungovernable and governance-free.  luke-jr 2016
Blocks must necessarily be full for the Bitcoin network to be able to pay for its own security.  davout 2015
Blocksize is an intentionally limited resource, like the 21e6 BTC limit.  Changing it degrades the surrounding economics, creating negative incentives.  Jeff Garzik 2013

"I believed @Dashpay instamine was a bug & not a feature but then read: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg13017231#msg13017231
I'm not against people making money, but can't support questionable origins."
https://twitter.com/Tone_LLT/status/717822927908024320

The raison d'être of bitcoin is trustlessness. - Eric Lombrozo 2015
It is an Engineering Requirement that Bitcoin be “Above the Law”  Paul Sztorc 2015
Resiliency, not efficiency, is the paramount goal of decentralized, non-state sanctioned currency -Jon Matonis 2015

Bitcoin is intentionally designed to be ungovernable and governance-free.  luke-jr 2016

Technology tends to move in the direction of making surveillance easier, and the ability of computers to track us doubles every eighteen months. - Phil Zimmerman 2013

The only way to make software secure, reliable, and fast is to make it small. Fight Features. - Andy Tanenbaum 2004

"Hard forks cannot be co
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 03:39:52 PM

Reddit has made their decision, now let them enforce it.  Remind me, how many divisions does Chairman Pao command?   Grin

The max block size isn't changing anytime Soon®; you are wasting your energy pounding sand here.

Trash PT and iB all you like, it makes no difference to the Honey Badger of Money.   Cool

Remember the day your beloved overhyped 20mb Gavinblocks' got #REKT like Germanwings Flight 9525?  In case you forgot:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114481/chinese-exchanges-reject-gavin-andresens-20-mb-block-size-increase

Hah, that was good times!   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

as Andreas says, "prepare to lose all your money!" 
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:01:09 PM

only 14 more pts to go...

whoops.  breach in the hull...

sell, sell, sell.
Pages: « 1 ... 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 ... 1560 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.