Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:51:15 AM

But nevertheless, some shifting from gold into BTC could boost the price.

This has most likely already happened to some extent. A lot of the goldbugs "woke up" to Bitcoin last year. Not sure how many of them actually had the balls to put in so much that it required them to sell metal, though, but it's quite possible it was a few of them considering the metal markets hadn't been as much fun as they used to.

Selling some gold to buy Bitcoin...

*raises his hand*

You are not alone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMilJzD3pL0#t=1282 (listen for 60 seconds or so).

"Family offices" are moving some of their gold portfolio into Bitcoin.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 09:55:14 AM

Thought this was relevant:

deustche bank pulls out of rigging

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:47:26 AM

Yep, looks like the germanic branch of the cartel has taken umbrage at not getting it's gold back from the yanks in a timely manner ... we are v. close to the full-blown family bust up ...

I believe old Queen Lizzie poking her nose around in basement of Bank of England last year was no accident and more than merely symbolic, something's up ...

Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 01:49:12 PM

This has most likely already happened to some extent. A lot of the goldbugs "woke up" to Bitcoin last year. Not sure how many of them actually had the balls to put in so much that it required them to sell metal, though, but it's quite possible it was a few of them considering the metal markets hadn't been as much fun as they used to.

*raises his hand*

I have the feeling that Bitcoin is NOW, while it may take a bit more time for gold and silver. The main reason for that is the heavy manipulation of the PMs, which is (hopefully) not the case for BTC, and of course the small market saturation/market cap of BTC is just an enormous opportunity.

The PMs time will come big time once the manipulation can no longer be held up.

JPM is the biggest culprit and alreadt getting sued left and right they are getting out of pms last I heard.. ofcourse after the damage is already done. I suspect both gold and btc to rise together to some extent after stock market peaks.

They are still not brought to justice in any suitable form - it's like paying a fine of $100 for a crime with which you made $1000. Makes no sense.

They haven't really be getting out of PMs. Also, the rigging is illegal and takes place behind closed curtains with acceptance of the Fed (plus, JP Morgan is earning a shitload of money with it too).
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:04:18 PM

*raises his hand*

You are not alone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMilJzD3pL0#t=1282 (listen for 60 seconds or so).

"Family offices" are moving some of their gold portfolio into Bitcoin.

Yeah, this is interesting, I read this in another interview yesterday, I think some CEO of some BTC fund was interviewed. He was also talking about family offices, and he said people were either selling gold for it OR high-risk assets - which, of curse, is a very curious mixture! But it makes perfect sense...
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:08:05 PM

Yep, looks like the germanic branch of the cartel has taken umbrage at not getting it's gold back from the yanks in a timely manner ... we are v. close to the full-blown family bust up ...

I believe old Queen Lizzie poking her nose around in basement of Bank of England last year was no accident and more than merely symbolic, something's up ...

There is certainly something in the cooking, it feels like the end of this is incredibly close...

However, not sure why DB did that.

John Embry's view:

But I find it fascinating that Deutsche Bank left the gold price fixing in London.  I remember vividly what happened 10 years ago when the Rothschilds left the London fix.  At that point the gold market was still laboring around $400, and everybody said, ‘Oh my God, the Rothschilds are leaving the London fix, this must mean there is no future whatsoever for the gold market.’

I took a different view.  I said they (the Rothschilds) were going ‘underground’ because they wanted to participate in the massive upside they knew was coming, and over the next 7 years the gold price went up over $1,500!  This is why I think Deutsche Bank leaving the London gold fix is so huge, along with that German revelation.

Link:
http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2014/1/20_The_Rothschilds%2C_Deutsche_Bank_%26_The_Final_End_Game.html

bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 02:14:39 PM

There is certainly something in the cooking, it feels like the end of this is incredibly close...

John Embry's view:

But I find it fascinating that Deutsche Bank left the gold price fixing in London.  I remember vividly what happened 10 years ago when the Rothschilds left the London fix.  At that point the gold market was still laboring around $400, and everybody said, ‘Oh my God, the Rothschilds are leaving the London fix, this must mean there is no future whatsoever for the gold market.’

I took a different view.  I said they (the Rothschilds) were going ‘underground’ because they wanted to participate in the massive upside they knew was coming, and over the next 7 years the gold price went up over $1,500!  This is why I think Deutsche Bank leaving the London gold fix is so huge, along with that German revelation.

Link:
http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/KWN_DailyWeb/Entries/2014/1/20_The_Rothschilds%2C_Deutsche_Bank_%26_The_Final_End_Game.html

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2014/1/17/Buy-physical-gold-and-avoid-paper-CME-Trader.aspx

follow the money !

"there may not be enough gold to go around if everyone with a futures contract insists on taking delivery of physical bullion ... Knippa warns that if 1 entity asks for delivery of a position-limit-size long in gold, it will absorb 81% of COMEX's inventory... and if 2 entities were to do so... COMEX has a problem..."

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:39:26 PM

Nobody asks for delivery....

knarzo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:16:03 PM

Nobody has the intention of building a wall..

Sic parvis magna
Ducky1

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:25:20 PM

I'm sure you are right..

http://www.24hgold.com/english/interactive_chart.aspx?title=COMEX+WAREHOUSES+REGISTERED+GOLD&etfcode=COMEX+WAREHOUSES+REGISTERED&etfcodecom=gold

COMEX will be empty before the end of february the latest if this graph is anything to go by.

.█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
.CARTESI.📱.LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS.
                               .█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:09:45 PM

Did you mean to say that more ask for it, than get it?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:24:03 PM

John Embry's view:

But I find it fascinating that Deutsche Bank left the gold price fixing in London.  I remember vividly what happened 10 years ago when the Rothschilds left the London fix.  At that point the gold market was still laboring around $400, and everybody said, ‘Oh my God, the Rothschilds are leaving the London fix, this must mean there is no future whatsoever for the gold market.’

I took a different view.  I said they (the Rothschilds) were going ‘underground’ because they wanted to participate in the massive upside they knew was coming, and over the next 7 years the gold price went up over $1,500!  This is why I think Deutsche Bank leaving the London gold fix is so huge, along with that German revelation.

Link:

http://www.bnn.ca/News/2014/1/17/Buy-physical-gold-and-avoid-paper-CME-Trader.aspx

follow the money !

"there may not be enough gold to go around if everyone with a futures contract insists on taking delivery of physical bullion ... Knippa warns that if 1 entity asks for delivery of a position-limit-size long in gold, it will absorb 81% of COMEX's inventory... and if 2 entities were to do so... COMEX has a problem..."

WHOA, look at that - nothing we didn't know, but is this mainstream media? How mainstream is this TV station?

All the info is suddenly coming out at once into the public (Glen Beck, sources from Germany, etc...). This NEVER happened up until December. We are witnessing something picking up speed there, some acceleration. I have been waiting for this for at least 7 months, but February/March could indeed be THE MONTH. I haven't been as excited about this since July.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:43:34 PM

John Embry's view:

Link:

follow the money !

WHOA, look at that - nothing we didn't know, but is this mainstream media? How mainstream is this TV station?

All the info is suddenly coming out at once into the public (Glen Beck, sources from Germany, etc...). This NEVER happened up until December. We are witnessing something picking up speed there, some acceleration. I have been waiting for this for at least 7 months, but February/March could indeed be THE MONTH. I haven't been as excited about this since July.

yep, china just announced they more than doubled their gold reserves to something like 2700 tons from 1000 tons when they last counted in 2009. everyone posturing I would imagine

Anyone think Au appreciation will ever at any point outpace Bitcoin appreciation? I'm still trying to figure out if their rate ofs future % gains will ever converge or if Bitcoin will just continue moving up and away
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

yep, china just announced they more than doubled their gold reserves to something like 2700 tons from 1000 tons when they last counted in 2009. everyone posturing I would imagine

Anyone think Au appreciation will ever at any point outpace Bitcoin appreciation? I'm still trying to figure out if their future % gains will ever converge or if Bitcoin will just continue moving up and away

For sure they have more than 2700 tons now, that number is just a ridiculous understatement.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 07:06:09 PM

I had missed that

...interesting, to say the least

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:05:12 PM

...and returns with gold.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:51:23 PM

...and doesn't cry themselves to sleep.
Ducky1

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 08:58:57 PM

Anyone think Au appreciation will ever at any point outpace Bitcoin appreciation? I'm still trying to figure out if their rate ofs future % gains will ever converge or if Bitcoin will just continue moving up and away

I'm thinking the same thing, maybe diversify a little bit into Gold now, but how? Is it even safe to buy gold funds if there is next to no gold left?

.█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
.CARTESI.📱.LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS.
                               .█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 09:07:23 PM

I'm thinking the same thing, maybe diversify a little bit into Gold now, but how? Is it even safe to buy gold funds if there is next to no gold left?

Are you kidding? Of course it's not safe.

How about just buying physical?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 09:16:17 PM

I had missed that

...interesting, to say the least

shes looking at those bars thinking what % she will sell for bitcoin.

look at her face its OBVIOUS!

Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: