Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032135 times)
Dr Bloggood

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:14:51 PM

So those imbeciles from the FED did in fact taper. Wow, I did not expect that!

Now we will see if the markets fall apart at the seams - looks like they are starting to, with emerging market currencies and stock markets falling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:58:49 PM

Bernankes term ends. Probably they'll wait until shit starts to fall apart and then that new chick will come out saying: "See, we have to <make up new word for QE> to save the world!"

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:21:14 PM

Bernankes term ends. Probably they'll wait until shit starts to fall apart and then that new chick will come out saying: "See, we have to <make up new word for QE> to save the world!"

Exactly!

Look out for QE to be raised in 2014 for sure!

Also, it seems extra dumb to me to do this exactly "in between" two terms of two Chairmen. Adds extra uncertainty for the markets - and for poor Yellen.

I always thought the FED was a bit evil, but maybe it's just pure stupidity and nothing else, what do you think?
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:01:49 PM

Also, it seems extra dumb to me to do this exactly "in between" two terms of two Chairmen. Adds extra uncertainty for the markets - and for poor Yellen.

I always thought the FED was a bit evil, but maybe it's just pure stupidity and nothing else, what do you think?

A little bit of evil, a whole lotta stupidity. Not a good combination.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:37:58 PM

Now we will see if the markets fall apart at the seams - looks like they are starting to, with emerging market currencies and stock markets falling.

This is how the FED / bankers maintain political control over the US.

The next US presidential election is up in 2.5 years. By taking the gas off the money printing petal today, we are garenteed to have an other financial crisis in 2 years. The blame will go to Obama and the democrats, and the bankers can put new R puppets in charge for awhile.

This is exactly what happened in 2008. The FED printed like crazy up until 2005 / 2006 when they stopped M2 money growth. Then in 2008 everything when to shit, and they could put a new party in control.

How people don't see this is beyond me.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:46:13 PM

And so is actually using it...if you keep your paper wallet in your leather wallet...
as a matter of fact, i do.

it's called a privkey QR code and it's BIP38 encrypted via bitaddress.org.  if i wanted to pay you this minute, i'd whip it out, scan it with the cold storage function from Mycelium into my android's RAM, unencrypt it with my simple 8 character pwd, and send you the coin.  the privkey is wiped from RAM immediately when i close the program.  

hey, cypher, I made this cool app for android that quotes gold vs. bitcoin stats (silverbox style?) in realtime.

go install it at https://darkweb.0x0000.de/auvsxbt.apk

Greatest app EVER!  You ROCK dude!

I cannot figure out why it need so many privileges when I install it, but a lot of apps seem to and I never understood that shit anyway.  <shrug>

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:52:47 PM

The next US presidential election is up in 2.5 years. By taking the gas off the money printing petal today, we are garenteed to have an other financial crisis in 2 years. The blame will go to Obama and the democrats, and the bankers can put new R puppets in charge for awhile.

This is exactly what happened in 2008. The FED printed like crazy up until 2005 / 2006 when they stopped M2 money growth. Then in 2008 everything when to shit, and they could put a new party in control.

How do they know the next financial crisis will wait 2 years to happen? Things are even more precarious now than they were in 05/06...
Pruden

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:17:10 PM

Exactly!

QE is not raising ever again. This is a deflation to strengthen the dollar, just like Volcker did in 1980, and of course it will throw the emerging markets into turmoil, it's the logical effect.

Sorry, doomsayers, but reading this subforum you should know what happens when most agree on something and can't even imagine being wrong.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:05:59 PM

Exactly!

QE is not raising ever again. This is a deflation to strengthen the dollar, just like Volcker did in 1980, and of course it will throw the emerging markets into turmoil, it's the logical effect.

Sorry, doomsayers, but reading this subforum you should know what happens when most agree on something and can't even imagine being wrong.

deflation is the last thing the fed wants

you really think they're going to let the stock market and real estate prices collapse? they've reduce QE by 20bn and look at what's happened in the stock market already
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:09:33 PM

Gold adoption rates saturated ... that's it's biggest problem right now.

Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:39:01 PM

Exactly!

you really think they're going to let the stock market and real estate prices collapse? they've reduce QE by 20bn and look at what's happened in the stock market already

We are in a currency war and China has us by the balls. The Fed might be taking orders from China and not really giving a fuck about the domestic situation.

China wants the USA to have a strong dollar.

it's definitely possible. i don't think it's very likely, but possible.

if it happens, i think btc will still grow because it's a growing technology. but definitely not as fast as it would if we get QE infinity.
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:44:40 PM

We are in a currency war and China has us by the balls. The Fed might be taking orders from China and not really giving a fuck about the domestic situation.

Everyone wants the USA to have a strong dollar to enable exports, not just China. But I completely disagree that China has us by the balls, if at the same time they want a strong dollar.

The US has already exported manufacturing and borrowed to the hilt, so there is only one direction for the US dollar and that is down. What we are seeing now are competitive devaluations by every central bank around the world. Japan is printing like crazy, China has tons and tons of debt that will have to be bailed out, and now the US gov has decided there has been enough mercantilism by China and they will print like never before to stop it.

All currencies are on a downward path now, and central banks are fighting to keep up with the others. This is a first for humanity and will not end pretty.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:56:40 PM

Everyone wants the USA to have a strong dollar to enable exports, not just China. But I completely disagree that China has us by the balls, if at the same time they want a strong dollar.

The US has already exported manufacturing and borrowed to the hilt, so there is only one direction for the US dollar and that is down. What we are seeing now are competitive devaluations by every central bank around the world. Japan is printing like crazy, China has tons and tons of debt that will have to be bailed out, and now the US gov has decided there has been enough mercantilism by China and they will print like never before to stop it.

All currencies are on a downward path now, and central banks are fighting to keep up with the others. This is a first for humanity and will not end pretty.

Every nation wants to devalue their currency, to soften their self-inflicted economic blows.

Only the Bitcoin supra-national currency can handle the kind of deflation that is needed by the capital markets to begin functioning healthily again ....

tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:58:35 PM

Exactly!

it's definitely possible. i don't think it's very likely, but possible.

if it happens, i think btc will still grow because it's a growing technology. but definitely not as fast as it would if we get QE infinity.

AFAIK, the yuan is pegged to the $US so it will maintain a lower value. The EUR is 'kept' above the US /Yuan, so there is a little pendulum effect happening. Emerging markets out there are forced to devalue to stay competitive, (eg YEN, WON.). And they get screwed by resultant imported inflation.
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:51:51 PM

How do they know the next financial crisis will wait 2 years to happen? Things are even more precarious now than they were in 05/06...

I have a feeling too it isn't gonna take two more years.

Let's wait and see.
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:54:35 PM

Exactly!

Nobody outside this forum agrees on QE being raised. We are just a tiny community of against-the-grain thinkers here.

"QE raised in 2014" is an extremely bold call in the real world. Let's wait and see who is right.
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 03:03:55 PM

Newbie question: how can we trust the Fed to issue each month 10, 75, 100 or 1000 billions since the Fed is not auditable?

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
Dr Bloggood

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:25:12 PM

Newbie question: how can we trust the Fed to issue each month 10, 75, 100 or 1000 billions since the Fed is not auditable?

I don't understand your question - do you mean "how can we trust the Fed is doing the right thing"?

There are probably very few people in this thread who trust the Fed...
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 04:29:20 PM

I don't understand your question - do you mean "how can we trust the Fed is doing the right thing"?
No, certainly not, nobody sane would suggest that the Fed is doing the "right" thing, me first Smiley

I would like to understand how it's possible to _verify_ how much the Fed is lending and how, since the movement "audit the Fed" had not much luck..

BTW, I profit to signal this one that is good for a laugh:
Hedge-Fund Manager Paul Singer ‘Shocked’ by Bitcoin Popularity

Instead, Mr. Singer encouraged investors to consider gold, which he wrote was “currently available at a good price.” As The Wall Street Journal reported earlier this month, some hedge fund investors have been taking advantage of gold’s largest annual decline in 32 years to increase their bullish gold wagers.

“Gold is out of fashion, but we think the explanation for why it has been drifting down is not compelling. The economy seems stuck in the doldrums, but most so-called ‘experts’ have been changing their minds almost weekly about when they think the economy will finally begin a long-term acceleration to the upside,” Mr. Singer wrote in the letter.

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:15:42 PM

Every nation wants to devalue their currency, to soften their self-inflicted economic blows.

Only the Bitcoin supra-national currency can handle the kind of deflation that is needed by the capital markets to begin functioning healthily again ....

I think when the BRICS signed up for plaza accord they didnt know what that the US had them
by the balls in 1986 right there.

Let your currency appreciate against usd? Sure! strongest currency wins! like having gold! Now cycle is over and new accord will be written about probably weakening BriCs and appreciating usd long term...

Hiwever we are on the path to war.. first step is always blaming and currency war before the real one starts... I think US has upper hand on world though and it sucks because theu are the biggest criminals.
Pages: « 1 ... 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 [379] 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: