Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:31:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170585 times)
Irontiga

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:11:26 AM

Has anyone had troubles with transactions not being confirmed? I sent some funds a day ago and the two transactions still have 0 confirmations, is there a way to give it a nudge or something to try and reprocess? They have the default fees, not something really low.

No nudge possible, the tx.'s are probably stuffed stuffed, and will soon just disappear. Try again. Actually, compare the thingy on the right of ur dashboard, where it shows blocks to the blocks on wallet.burstcoin.io

Ur blockchain may be stuck.

Oh, and 1 burst  fee is always fine, it doesn't prioritize based on fee or whatever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pinballdude

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:12:41 AM

take a look at coinmarketcap today.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/market-cap-by-total-supply/

bitcoin is not any longer by far the marketcap leader of crypto currencies.

This might set the stage for a whole new way of crypto valuation, where firstcomer is not given a very large value, but quality (which can be defined as anything else than time since coin was released) will be factored in way higher.

If valuation and marketcap changes from being almost only how old the coin is, to being what coin has the most features, etc.  then burst might attain a marketcap closer to bitcoin than now.

suppose crypto investors change their mindset from "buy the oldest ones"  to "buy the ones with a bright future" , looking at capabilities and potential....

bitcoin being challenged at the top-1 spot might make many btc investors consider hedging their bets by looking for coins loaded with features...

longtime investors will look for coins with no in-built inflation

burst might go up more than 100 times in value from current levels, from mktcap of 200K to a mkt.cap of 20M

Developers,traders and others getting involved with burst now might profit from that decision beyound their wildest dreams

so here's my outrageous predictions for 2015

- dollar and t-bond collapse sends people into alternative investments in droves, just like the bonds skyrocketed in 2008s, crypto and lots of other alternative investments go crazy in 2015.

- bitcoin is seriously challenged as the crypto with the highest marketcap, appearance of multiwallets with many kinds of coins levels the playing field and the most effective coins win (burst is one of them) out big time

- AT's in burst are invented which solve many problems and needs that other coins can't handle. BURST is highly adopted in many niche fields

- the large base of NXT developers and service suppliers start moving over to BURST to hedge their bets

- nation stats start basing their currencies and reserves off crypto instead of usd, further boosting and validating the concept in general

- early BURST investors and miners and developers gets filthy rich, fending off job offers seems to be their biggest problem

- it is perfectly normal that a pension fund allocates a part of its investments to crypto, just like it does to comodities. This insane influx of new money further boosts all crypto quite a bit
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:04:23 AM

hello

I still have problems finding a miner with win7 that works..

this is error I get with Blago's miner

http://imgur.com/lBzCivQ

anyone else have solution to this problem?? it seems no miner works on win7 for more than 24h before crashing.

Also sometimes my 2TB drive gets FILE XXX LOCKED.. what to do about that? I have ~400Gb plot files on it

After reading some on burstforum.com im thinking maybe I need more ram, any recommendations for how much I should have when plot totals ~5Tb or say 10Tb?
Blago

Activity: 416

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:20:28 PM

hello

anyone else have solution to this problem?? it seems no miner works on win7 for more than 24h before crashing.
works fine more then 4 days

update 1.150106 (added check for vectors)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ah0se62uvz1n8t/miner.exe?dl=0

Quote from: newuser01
Also sometimes my 2TB drive gets FILE XXX LOCKED.. what to do about that? I have ~400Gb plot files on it

After reading some on burstforum.com im thinking maybe I need more ram, any recommendations for how much I should have when plot totals ~5Tb or say 10Tb?

split your plots by 100-200 Gb & merge plots

16 Gb RAM enough for 12.3+Tb (6 cores)

8 Gb RAM enough for 7.7+Tb  (4 cores)

3 Gb RAM enough for 1.3+Tb  (2 cores)

Relax, I’m russian!...
BURST-B2LU-SGCZ-NYVS-HZEPK
Merick

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:03:30 PM

hello

I gave up on Win 7, the page-file caching is a nightmare.  I ended up switching to Kubuntu 14.04 using Uray's and DCCT miner and have no issues.  DCCT miner handles 5TB worth of plots with only about 2MB RAM usage (yes, 2MB I just looked).  Uray's was using about 500MB I believe.

Not an answer to your question but this caching issue and up-time problem is why I ditched Win 7.  I went away on vacation for the holidays and left the Linux miner running, 10 days up-time and mining the entire time with no issues.

Good-Luck
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 01:35:37 PM

This might set the stage for a whole new way of crypto valuation, where firstcomer is not given a very large value, but quality (which can be defined as anything else than time since coin was released) will be factored in way higher.

If valuation and marketcap changes from being almost only how old the coin is, to being what coin has the most features, etc.  then burst might attain a marketcap closer to bitcoin than now.

suppose crypto investors change their mindset from "buy the oldest ones"  to "buy the ones with a bright future" , looking at capabilities and potential....

bitcoin being challenged at the top-1 spot might make many btc investors consider hedging their bets by looking for coins loaded with features...

burst might go up more than 100 times in value from current levels, from mktcap of 200K to a mkt.cap of 20M

Developers,traders and others getting involved with burst now might profit from that decision beyound their wildest dreams

- dollar and t-bond collapse sends people into alternative investments in droves, just like the bonds skyrocketed in 2008s, crypto and lots of other alternative investments go crazy in 2015.

- bitcoin is seriously challenged as the crypto with the highest marketcap, appearance of multiwallets with many kinds of coins levels the playing field and the most effective coins win (burst is one of them) out big time

- AT's in burst are invented which solve many problems and needs that other coins can't handle. BURST is highly adopted in many niche fields

- the large base of NXT developers and service suppliers start moving over to BURST to hedge their bets

- nation stats start basing their currencies and reserves off crypto instead of usd, further boosting and validating the concept in general

- early BURST investors and miners and developers gets filthy rich, fending off job offers seems to be their biggest problem

- it is perfectly normal that a pension fund allocates a part of its investments to crypto, just like it does to comodities. This insane influx of new money further boosts all crypto quite a bit

This is crazy....But I like it
Pilotseye

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:04:51 PM

Posted a miner, that performs well without RAM issues, some time ago.
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:14:42 PM

Coindesk did a crypto 2.0 review

http://www.coindesk.com/19-crypto-2-0-projects-watch-2015/

Did we try contacting them about BURST? Would be awesome for them to cover it.

What would be even more awesome if we had a running test case of AT. Perhaps a lottery or something relatively simple we could use to pitch BURST with.

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 03:32:49 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 03:56:04 PM by newuser01

hello

works fine more then 4 days

update 1.150106 (added check for vectors)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ah0se62uvz1n8t/miner.exe?dl=0

Quote from: newuser01

split your plots by 100-200 Gb & merge plots

16 Gb RAM enough for 12.3+Tb (6 cores)

8 Gb RAM enough for 7.7+Tb  (4 cores)

3 Gb RAM enough for 1.3+Tb  (2 cores)

I will try the miner.exe you posted, I see this error sometimes also: https://i.imgur.com/QPVi6c3.jpg
dont know if it helps..

"split your plots by 100-200 Gb & merge plots"

is there a program that can split the plots? or do you mean replot?
I guessing you meant to type & optimize plots.. just found one for windows so I will try that.

most of my plots now are around 160 0000-200 0000 nounces and 8000 stagger.. I have 4Gb ram and 4 cores (old i5 750, only SSE4 support) for 4,1Tb but looking to add more soon

Also do you have Windows 7? or XP or Win 8? I heard it is only Win 7 that has the memory issue maybe I should just switch instead of looking for a fix

hello

I gave up on Win 7, the page-file caching is a nightmare.  I ended up switching to Kubuntu 14.04 using Uray's and DCCT miner and have no issues.  DCCT miner handles 5TB worth of plots with only about 2MB RAM usage (yes, 2MB I just looked).  Uray's was using about 500MB I believe.

Not an answer to your question but this caching issue and up-time problem is why I ditched Win 7.  I went away on vacation for the holidays and left the Linux miner running, 10 days up-time and mining the entire time with no issues.

Good-Luck

yes it seems only problem with windows 7 maybe I will try Linux instead.
Chesteer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 03:58:29 PM

Coindesk did a crypto 2.0 review

http://www.coindesk.com/19-crypto-2-0-projects-watch-2015/

Did we try contacting them about BURST? Would be awesome for them to cover it.

What would be even more awesome if we had a running test case of AT. Perhaps a lottery or something relatively simple we could use to pitch BURST with.

Yeah, i think we should. That's our chance to pay attention on BURST.
We should work also on user-friendly schemas, roadmap etc.
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 06:39:40 PM

Love it, and I agree. lol.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Patek

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:15:56 PM

any miner out there with support of x32 windows?
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:28:08 PM

Unfortunately not that I am aware of. That is why I had to use a newer laptop. You could use the original miner but its pretty dated (that was what I used before switching).
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:46:53 PM

the POC miner (original one) is java and should work fine on 32bit windows - but you might find it difficult to mine a lot of TB without running into memory problems due to bugs in the windows file caching system.  I have heard that windows 8.1 (and 10) is much better than 7 in that respect.
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:14:03 PM

the dcct one should work in 32bit if ported to / compiled for windows.
not sure if there exists a binary download anywhere.
after changing the contained shabal.s file for arm it runs under 32 bit linux perfectly.

crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:46:33 PM

Just an idea for plotter maybe to have feature added into it so have some sort of GUI and that you can select total plots across drives and select size and it auto creates them in segment of x ammount of plots and continues do create them to and from auto and once done its filled all space up in segments of say 100 to 200 gb etc.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:06:31 PM

Just an idea for plotter maybe to have feature added into it so have some sort of GUI and that you can select total plots across drives and select size and it auto creates them in segment of x ammount of plots and continues do create them to and from auto and once done its filled all space up in segments of say 100 to 200 gb etc.

I'd say a good gui would be very nice, even needed for a more widespread adoption. Burst isn't exactly the easiest of coins to set up properly

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
Tommo_Aus

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:06:25 AM

Has anyone had troubles with transactions not being confirmed? I sent some funds a day ago and the two transactions still have 0 confirmations, is there a way to give it a nudge or something to try and reprocess? They have the default fees, not something really low.

No nudge possible, the tx.'s are probably stuffed stuffed, and will soon just disappear. Try again. Actually, compare the thingy on the right of ur dashboard, where it shows blocks to the blocks on wallet.burstcoin.io

Oh, and 1 burst  fee is always fine, it doesn't prioritize based on fee or whatever.

Ah yes the coins have returned now! I'll try sending again Smiley

Tompool - http://tompool.org - a 2% fee SHA256/Scrypt/BURST/Groestl multipool supporting ANC, ASC, DGC, EZC, FLO, GLD, GME, MNC, RYC, TGC, TRC, XNC, ZET & more
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:21:42 AM

Ah yes the coins have returned now! I'll try sending again Smiley

Isn't that a wonderful thing? I had the same thing happen to me and then they came back and did not disappear into the Interweb. I love where this coin/community is going. I am shocked that the market cap is still so low though. People are buying into a PayCoin scam for millions yet BURST is golden but has not broken out. Hardly seems fair.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:47:31 AM

I might just try mining some BURST.

Hello to the BURST Community. Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 [831] 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: