Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:13:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 [892] 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
daWallet

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 11:42:33 PM

With the update do you have to download the entire blockchain again?  If so, I'm not doing it, I'm saying goodbye to this coin, sorry.

You can copy the old "burst_db" folder to the new wallet folder - same location.
Then start the new wallet.  And coinits is right Wink

@bensam123

The optimizer is not only for speeding up the reading process, also to optimize how the hdd reading method. Low stagger equals more seeks.
I have some plots with really low stagger like 1000 and the fastest read is about 10MB/s. With stagger between 8000 to 12000 I have usb 3.0 speed of 120 MB/s. I optimized one plot and it eats more ram that unoptimized with the old java miner.

github/dawallet   Burst Client for Win & Burstcoin.biz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:43:06 PM

I should say good-buy. This coin is very promising and a really good investment...

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
bmgbmg

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:43:40 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2015, 12:04:39 AM by bmgbmg

How is this an investment, what does the coin do?  It would be great if there was online harddrive space you could use with more coins that you buy or mine.  

What are people going to use this coin for that the other 700 altcoins or BTC or LTC don't offer?

I'm holding a few million BURST and I'm wondering where it's all going.

I should say good-buy. This coin is very promising and a really good investment...
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:43:50 PM

With the update do you have to download the entire blockchain again?  If so, I'm not doing it, I'm saying goodbye to this coin, sorry.

lol no you certainly don't have to download again.  It would be absurd to think we have AT, but no way to preserve blockchain throughout updates. Smiley  Take the "burst_db" folder from the old version folder, and cut/paste it into the update that you've downloaded.  And that's it.  You can run your wallet using the new run.bat, and will only need to download the few blocks that you're behind on.

Edit: from the op: "After running wallet, access it through a web browser at http://localhost:8125 When upgrading wallet, move burst_db folder into new wallet folder to avoid re-downloading the blockchain. For detailed instructions, see Guides below."

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:22:31 AM

How is this an investment, what does the coin do?  It would be great if there was online harddrive space you could use with more coins that you buy or mine.  

What are people going to use this coin for that the other 700 altcoins or BTC or LTC don't offer?

I guess you missed the news. Burst is the first and, currently, the only coin to offer Automated Transactions aka Smart Contracts.

Something we are waiting for 15mil ICO Ethereum project to deliver you can have now by using Burst. All that powered by burstdev, ciyam and vbcs, not ICO $.

If this is not convincing enough for you, feel free to send me your millions. I'll gladly take them

EDIT: Cloud storage is planned for the future, though it will take some time to work it out.
If still willing, send Burst here BURST-K84W-LWVZ-B727-67WUL Smiley

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
bmgbmg

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:43:32 AM

I'm up no the news still don't see what this offers long term.  Yeah yeah send me your coins, good one, never heard it before. 

I guess you missed the news. Burst is the first and, currently, the only coin to offer Automated Transactions aka Smart Contracts.

Something we are waiting for 15mil ICO Ethereum project to deliver you can have now by using Burst. All that powered by burstdev, ciyam and vbcs, not ICO $.

If this is not convincing enough for you, feel free to send me your millions. I'll gladly take them

EDIT: Cloud storage is planned for the future, though it will take some time to work it out.
xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:50:14 AM

I'm up no the news still don't see what this offers long term.  Yeah yeah send me your coins, good one, never heard it before. 

Was not trying to be original there, I think it is a legitimate option to hand your stuff away if you're through with something.

While I am familiar with many criticisms of smart contracts, they indeed could pose a major development going long term.

Basically, you could trustlessly do many of the things that require intermediaries and their fees. Such as lawyers for example.

You can start off your reading here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_contract

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:16:14 AM

Because it has done what others say they will do but have been unable to do with Market caps much larger.
Of course I am referring to Automated Transactions and Smart Contracts.

This coin is so undervalued its scary.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:19:28 AM

I have a question (perhaps for the PR team?). Why burst still not listed in more major exchange like bter and crypsty ? Trade volume have increase over the months. Many scam coins got added to bter and crypsty i wonder why legit coin like burst don't get listed after so many months. Maybe we should set a target to get listed on those exchange and more exchange after that to increase exposure. Remember bitcoin started off with only 1 major exchange (mt gox) and slowly grow with more exchange. If bitcoin were to remain with only 1 exchange (mt gox) it will be in the history book. We need more exchange for burst, especially the bigger one.
Merick

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:04:19 AM

I have a question (perhaps for the PR team?). Why burst still not listed in more major exchange like bter and crypsty ? Trade volume have increase over the months. Many scam coins got added to bter and crypsty i wonder why legit coin like burst don't get listed after so many months. Maybe we should set a target to get listed on those exchange and more exchange after that to increase exposure. Remember bitcoin started off with only 1 major exchange (mt gox) and slowly grow with more exchange. If bitcoin were to remain with only 1 exchange (mt gox) it will be in the history book. We need more exchange for burst, especially the bigger one.

Since I have started with BURST I have not gone back to Cryptsy,  even if BURST was listed there, why choose Cryptsy over Poloniex?  Poloniex's interface and deposits are so much smoother. But ya, more exchanges are always good.

And on a side note, what other alt coin offers home mining with standard consumer hardware that doesn't pollute your home with noise and heat.  If a home miner wanted to expand into a semi-large or large scale mining operation he/she could easily do so with items purchased from major retailers and endure not much more than the calming click of hard-drive seek every ~4min.  Why choose a GPU or ASIC coin to mine from home when you can choose BURST.  I'm sure a few data centers may get involved in this coin but what different is that when compared to the large mining farms BTC has.  When the BURST mining software evolves enough to make the setup process smoother, a large community adoption can easily offset any threat data-centers may pose to the BURST network.

Litecoin was once the working-class coin, Silver to BTC Gold, the ASIC industry killed that.  I don't see why BURST will not be in a position to dethrone LTC from that position in 1-2 years and with all of the growth and benefits offered by crypto 2.0 who knows how far this technology will go once it has matured.  This coin is only ~6months old,  I wonder what things will be like this time next year.  No longer will you be tied to the predatory practices of pre-orders or relying on one or two companies to improve mining technology.  As storage technologies naturally improve so will the BURST network.

This is why I have chosen BURST as my mining hobby. And if it all collapses, at least I have some nice storage drives for my home movie collection Wink

GO BURST!!
yellowduck2

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 02:27:05 AM

Since I have started with BURST I have not gone back to Cryptsy,  even if BURST was listed there, why choose Cryptsy over Poloniex?  Poloniex's interface and deposits are so much smoother. But ya, more exchanges are always good.

And on a side note, what other alt coin offers home mining with standard consumer hardware that doesn't pollute your home with noise and heat.  If a home miner wanted to expand into a semi-large or large scale mining operation he/she could easily do so with items purchased from major retailers and endure not much more than the calming click of hard-drive seek every ~4min.  Why choose a GPU or ASIC coin to mine from home when you can choose BURST.  I'm sure a few data centers may get involved in this coin but what different is that when compared to the large mining farms BTC has.  When the BURST mining software evolves enough to make the setup process smoother, a large community adoption can easily offset any threat data-centers may pose to the BURST network.

Litecoin was once the working-class coin, Silver to BTC Gold, the ASIC industry killed that.  I don't see why BURST will not be in a position to dethrone LTC from that position in 1-2 years and with all of the growth and benefits offered by crypto 2.0 who knows how far this technology will go once it has matured.  This coin is only ~6months old,  I wonder what things will be like this time next year.  No longer will you be tied to the predatory practices of pre-orders or relying on one or two companies to improve mining technology.  As storage technologies naturally improve so will the BURST network.

This is why I have chosen BURST as my mining hobby. And if it all collapses, at least I have some nice storage drives for my home movie collection Wink

GO BURST!!

More exchange = More choice

Different people have different circumstances which leads them to choose different exchange (which explain why all those exchange survive till now even though they are not as good as other). By having more exchange , we allow more choice which in turn allow wide variety of investor. Existing investor will most probably not change to trade at new exchange but new exchange will definitely bring in new investor. Even 1 new investor is good. We never know that 1 new investor could be a giant whale who only trade on cryptsy / bter due to whatever reason. We should take every chance we got to improve burst exposure.
mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 03:23:30 AM

It's up to everyone to do the PR/voing to get listed elsewhere - see OP.

mmmaybe

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 04:12:30 AM

BURST's uptrend from early November continues Smiley

If you would like to want to get easy access to news and updates, bit and small, please follow our Twitter at

Also, to make sure you are informed of the big BURST news, our semi-brand-new email Newsletter at [url]http://burstcoin.info/
is an excellent choice Smiley

bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 07:08:55 AM

@bensam123

The optimizer is not only for speeding up the reading process, also to optimize how the hdd reading method. Low stagger equals more seeks.
I have some plots with really low stagger like 1000 and the fastest read is about 10MB/s. With stagger between 8000 to 12000 I have usb 3.0 speed of 120 MB/s. I optimized one plot and it eats more ram that unoptimized with the old java miner.

Yeah, I got that it saves on memory usage. It also appears that maybe I wasn't part of the 'you need to optimize generation' because you have a super low stagger. I didn't start mining burst with lower then a 8192 stagger. I may try higher staggers and see where that goes, but right now it seems like the most limiting factor is my CPU. I've never gotten anywhere close to my drives max sequential read speeds or even random read speeds so far. The GPU plotter is actually a good indicator of how fast your drives can randomly read (since writes are pretty close to the same thing). Plotting for me had about 4x as much throughput.

Also I agree, after moving to alt coins I basically have not touched Cryptsy in a really long time and I don't really miss it honestly.
Mergesort

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:02:43 AM

There are some other coins that want to offer online storage like dropbox does. Storj and maidsafe are the ones that i know about. But you have to consider that not one of them have anything running. Only BURST right now lets you farm coins, even though the farming does nothing. The other had a presale and now everyone is wating(also their coins are expensive). Burst really has a chance if it implements online storage first and maybe other services! What makes me really angry is that so many altcoins start with a idea or concept and want funding and backing and start deving afterwards instead of delivering a first product even if it's not perfect. If that's how this works i could start my own coin.
bensam123

Activity: 423

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

@whoever runs http://burstcoin.eu/

Do you think you could add the ability to sort average block time on a weekly and daily basis? Also please add the ability to break down blocktimes into smaller increments. More tools for analysis, the better.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:56:14 PM

can this affect burst?
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2v5ibq/altcoins_susceptibility_to_openssl101k_attack/

This is my signature...
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:28:27 PM

Solution is simple. Switch to Windows OS Smiley

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:32:55 PM

Some people dumped 6.7mln coins(11 BTC worth)  on polo to lower the price to buy more and more cheaper...

mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 01:36:54 PM

it's not complex solution

This is my signature...
Pages: « 1 ... 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 [892] 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: