Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:22:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 [895] 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170574 times)
jamoes

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 10:38:31 PM

Would it be possible for you to provide some detailed instructions on how exactly you go from the assembly code to a published AT? I'm aware of the Scala AT assembler, but I'm not sure exactly what steps to take to actually use the assembler and publish the AT to the Burst network with all the right parameters. Also, is there any test environment for ATs? Thanks!
That assembler is currently the best way to compile ATs to bytecode. A precompiled jar of it probably should be made, but if you compile it you just need to pass a filename of assembly code to it and it'll dump the bytecode.

For publishing, in the wallet go to transactions -> ATs, then click Create AT. Set any name and description, paste the bytecode into the code field. If your at expects any data to be already set when it starts you can use the the data field, otherwise leave it blank. data pages * 256 is the number of bytes of space your at has. all variable are 64bit, so you get 32 variables per data page, so pick an appropriate number. call stack pages is only needed if you use call/ret opcodes for subroutines, but same idea as data pages, except its how deep you can nest calls. user stack is only needed for push/pop opcodes, and same idea as call stack. Min activation amount is the minimum amount which must be sent to an at to wake it back up to avoid dust transaction from wasting all its funds on step fees. The fee is the number of pages total(code pages is calculated automatically). if you set it too low it'll say in an error what the min fee for those settings is, so you might as well just submit it with 1, and see what it says and set that. Nothing will run until you send your at some funds for step fees, so after it has confirmed check the list of your ats in the wallet(transactions -> ats) and send it some coins.

There is no dedicated test environment(yet), so for now what we've been doing is taking the wallet source, editing Constants.java and setting DIGITAL_GOODS_STORE_BLOCK, AUTOMATED_TRANSACTION_BLOCK, AT_FIX_BLOCK_2 all to 0, and setting INITIAL_BASE_TARGET higher(add at least 2 0s to the end), edit the config file to remove the seed nodes, and recompile and you'll have a wallet you can instamine on and supports ATs.

Thanks, this is very helpful!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:14:05 AM

My first 3TB Burst HDD started mining 24.08.14.
ROI was 5 days. (~120$).
Oh... That was a time... Smiley

Shit, I was late  Embarrassed
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 12:49:44 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 01:01:45 AM by q327K091

koko doubled his investment just now kind of waited all day long, someone unrolled 250K from mining ops again at 200 satoshi, swallowed it... immediate

let's see.. next bigger lot is 156,960.10747000  he/she wants 202 sat... thinking thinking...
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:02:16 AM

koko doubled his investment just now kind of waited all day long, someone unrolled 250K from mining ops again at 200 satoshi, swallowed it... immediate

Dumpers will dump and hate on it. Am here for the long run and dont intend to dump my stash of more than that. So can only wait and see what the future holds.

And an update regarding guide got a fair bit of it updated and will be hopefully rapping up next weekend and eventually getting the new and improved guide up for everyone and the new starters to get started out Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:05:17 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 01:25:24 AM by q327K091

Dumpers will dump and hate on it. Am here for the long run and dont intend to dump my stash of more than that. So can only wait and see what the future holds.

And an update regarding guide got a fair bit of it updated and will be hopefully rapping up next weekend and eventually getting the new and improved guide up for everyone and the new starters to get started out Smiley

legendary.. do you know how hard is to mine this coin and how expensive it is.. so we have BTC at super low , for one BTC one can purchase a semi ok drive of not even high capacity I don't care who is selling but they aint making much profit and off of me they make pennies on the dollar right now

preparing to pick up 213000.00000000 at 202 satoshi , he /she even added 50K to the sell order, 199 sat.. waiting a bit but not too long

damn... can't do exceed a limit.. would have chunked up to 1 million BURST.. got close though.. not selling even 1 , see you soon
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:20:31 AM

legendary.. do you know how hard is to mine this coin and how expensive it is.. so we have BTC at super low , for one BTC one can purchase a semi ok drive of not even high capacity I don't care who is selling but they aint making much profit and off of me they make pennies on the dollar right now

preparing to pick up 213000.00000000 at 202 satoshi , he /she even added 50K to the sell order

It is tough to get started but once you got the simple steps in order like wallet files plotting and so forth it gets simple on the way the ncan go to exchange and buy. Its way under prriced in my option but holding some reserves right now and keeping rest in offline wallet stored on back up hard drive.

Little insight to new guide.

Should soon have the rest done on it have  the first 2 sections done and dusted now working though plotting and mining and a few other bits. Once this is all done then going to go over it for spelling at the min its just rough Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:48:56 AM

OMG look @diff Sad

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
yellowduck2

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:52:16 AM

preparing to pick up 213000.00000000 at 202 satoshi , he /she even added 50K to the sell order

way under prriced in my option but holding some reserves right now and keeping rest in offline wallet stored on back up hard drive.

There is no need for backup wallet. U don't even need to back up anything if u remember your pass phase. That's the magic of burst. U can access your burst anywhere , anytime , any platform as long as u remember your pass phase. There is no .wallet file to backup. U don't have to import anything. Type in your pass phase and u are good to go. This is not bitcoin. This is burst !
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:54:19 AM

way under prriced in my option but holding some reserves right now and keeping rest in offline wallet stored on back up hard drive.

There is no need for backup wallet. U don't even need to back up anything if u remember your pass phase. That's the magic of burst. U can access your burst anywhere , anytime , any platform as long as u remember your pass phase. There is no .wallet file to backup.

I know that was keeping passphrase secure etc. But am looking into paper wallet and looking on how to create one and store coins on paper as offline hard paper wallet. Once got guide down think will look into creating paper wallet for bust if I get the time to Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
yellowduck2

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:56:34 AM

There is no need for backup wallet. U don't even need to back up anything if u remember your pass phase. That's the magic of burst. U can access your burst anywhere , anytime , any platform as long as u remember your pass phase. There is no .wallet file to backup.

I know that was keeping passphrase secure etc. But am looking into paper wallet and looking on how to create one and store coins on paper as offline hard paper wallet. Once got guide down think will look into creating paper wallet for bust if I get the time to Smiley

How about creating a secure pass phase u can remember easily ? That's the safest way because people need to hack your brain to gain access. They cant even find any physical print out of your pass.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:04:11 AM

How about creating a secure pass phase u can remember easily ? That's the safest way because people need to hack your brain to gain access. They cant even find any physical print out of your pass.

Well my password is 40 digits long mixture of letters, numbers special digits and does not make any words up. I know it is secure enough but I would prefer cold storage just like my bitcoin on paper wallets and stored in a secure location.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:11:56 AM

New section added into guide.

Mining Pools list with most current and up to date pools to keep miners happy Smiley Also going to be adding a few other sections into it too that will be a little surprise to people using the guide Smiley

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:37:35 AM

I am now a Burstcoin Millionair Wink

crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:11:55 AM

So you own over 1 million Burst? Nice to see you holding so much. Dont be hating any time soon and dumping Tongue

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:15:29 AM

That is a lots of Burst.
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:36:43 AM

That is a lots of Burst.

I will hit that in time i hope Cheesy
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:06:20 AM

Such diff going to the bloody moon.

Network Difficulty

Is it worth me grabbing some more TB drives for this given the amount of diff its just gone to

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Irontiga

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:13:23 AM

Network Difficulty

Is it worth me grabbing some more TB drives for this given the amount of diff its just gone to
its just gone to
too high?
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:19:22 AM

Network Difficulty

its just gone to
too high?

is only gonna get higher lol might as well buy some contracts than buying more space but 50/50 on contract vs own equipment lol

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
yellowduck2

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 05:52:28 AM

Network Difficulty

Buying burst is a smarter choice now. U can sell all the burst u buy now when it hit 1000 sat and use that money to buy HDD to mine. Mining when price are high is a smarter choice. Buying instead of mining when price are low is a smarter choice. U can never mine the same amount of burst using the same amount of money buying HDD now because of low burst and BTC price. "Maybe" u will get equal amount in 1 year but price are so low now buying is way better to earn more BTC after u sell it at higher price and use it to buy HDD later
Pages: « 1 ... 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 [895] 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: