Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:14:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 [1138] 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 05:36:39 AM

I'd like to add my comments to the discussion on burst.

I've not been very active on here so I'll start by saying a little about myself.

I have been mining burst for quite a while. Not from the very beginning but from a few weeks after it started. I am only mining with disks that were laying around unused at home. I have not sold any coins since October last year so I am holding a decent amount. I am mining solo but I have mined on devs v1 and v2 pools. My miners are all running on fedora but I have mined in the past on XP and w7. I am a professional sw engineer and I have been writing code since the sixties.

OK, that is me, this is what I have to say:

We should not change the way in which block rewards are allocated. We all knew what the rewards were when we started out and we accepted that but there is a stronger reason than just that. If an outsider looks at the coin, what will they think if the elite few running the coin feel that it is OK to change something that basic just one year in? It does not look like the trustworthy foundation that is needed. The same goes for the idea of a dev fund. The coin's elite just arbitrarily saying that they will have ten percent off the top because they want it? What might they do next? This will deter newcomers to the coin whether they are miners, investors or developers.

We should not be looking for some fairy godmother lead developer. First of all as crowetic discovered, somebody like that is hard to find. Furthermore, the coin would then be hostage to that new lead dev's personal situation and wishes. The existing team should work to build a group of devs who can all put in a little time and the core team should work hard to attract and encourage such people.

Some months ago, I made a post on here about using burst as a storage network. Burst is better than the other coins that are trying to do this. We have miners with lots of storage who could repurpose their disk space between plots and storage as the market required. We also have a coin with ATs which could be used to govern the storage contracts. We could use them to make sure not only that clients can pay for storage and that disk farmers can be rewarded but also to ensure that neither party can carry out a "nothing at stake" attack. In my earlier post, I offered to pitch in with development effort to help set that up but none of the coin's core team responded. My offer is still open and I would suggest to the core team that they should consider that and any other offers.

@Irontiga: I believe that you are in godzone. If you are in Ak, perhaps we could meet and chat and if you think that I can help out, you can talk to the rest of the core team.

I would propose the following as action items for the short term:

1) Try to recruit developers who will commit a few hours of their time as and when they can. Create some kind of on-boarding process for these volunteers such as getting the sources off github, making some trivial change and rebuilding all of the files that would make up a release. Just to check that they have the basic technical ability to contribute. Then establish a set of procedures for code reviews before changes to the burst software are accepted. Document that whole process.

2) Build a set of unit tests. We need these if we are going to have a number of devs working on different parts of the code. Any dev who wants to get involved should start there. It's not going to add features but it will make it a lot easier and safer to roll out new features in the future.

3) Setup a group to thrash out a roadmap of new features that will be implemented by the new dev-team over the next 12 months.

4) Perform a review of burst's POC algorithms. I understand that the security of these has been questioned so we should address that. I have a fair understanding of cryptography and I have access to people who work at the bleeding edge in that field so I can help there.

5) Lighten up on the abuse. Name calling and the use of disrespectful miss-spellings of folk's usernames should stop. It does not make the coin any better and it does not make people look any better if they do it.

I have not written anything about PR or white-papers but if we got through the five points above we would have lots to tell the world about and most of what we would need for a white-paper would have been sorted out.

That's it.

Fully agree with You.

I am against to change total supply and against to change reward per block. We don't need inflation. Ivestors will not trust in coin with this kind of changes. If you want add new things then ok but don't touch core features.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:53:00 AM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 08:35:27 AM by newuser01

I haven't posted here for a few months now but what is this talk about taking block reward to devfund? this has to be a joke right? there is no way thats gonna work.

Also raising the block reward won't attract new miners. It will only turn on the cloud-mining that was shutdown when burst hit ~30-40 satoshi, now it's not worth mining so they shut it down. If you want an even lower price of burstcoin then yes increase the block reward because it will cause more dumping - because then cloudmining will be profitable again.

edit: grammar
tonycamp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:45:04 AM

burst coin its like no much profitable but fun to mine i dont see as a 10 dollars month income but as a block time to serch and some rewards into pools i like my 5TB to mine just for fun and what i dont like its the 30 satoshis now prefered like 70 to 80 to 200 of course but if not happens well i might keep mining still

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● REGISTER NOW and GET 1000 DOGE for FREE!  >>
bobafett

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:53:26 AM

I haven't posted here for a few months now but what is this talk about taking block reward to devfund? this has to be a joke right? there is no way thats gonna work.

Also raising the block reward won't attract new miners. It will only turn on the cloud-mining that was shutdown when burst hit ~30-40 satoshi, now it's not worth mining so they shut it down. If you want an even lower price of burstcoin then yes increase the block reward because it will cause more dumping - because now cloudmining is profitable again.

i dont know anybody who has a useful working cloud mining szenario. exept perhaps bin.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 07:56:23 AM

Also raising the block reward won't attract new miners. It will only turn on the cloud-mining that was shutdown when burst hit ~30-40 satoshi, now it's not worth mining so they shut it down. If you want an even lower price of burstcoin then yes increase the block reward because it will cause more dumping - because now cloudmining is profitable again.

+1
hi guys..
i don't understand...
there is a new block reward algo?
or dev are just talking about the possibility to change it?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:34:49 AM

there is just a discussion about that.

our dev is gone and not reachable for months now.

the only one atm perhaps who could at least release a new version with the from himself proposed changes is bitladen, but it is not clear, if the community will follow.

so atm nothing will change until bin concretizes his plans. hes talking for month now about this changes, but also nothing happens....
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 08:41:05 AM

there is just a discussion about that.

our dev is gone and not reachable for months now.

the only one atm perhaps who could at least release a new version with the from himself proposed changes is bitladen, but it is not clear, if the community will follow.

so atm nothing will change until bin concretize his plans. hes talking for month now about this changes, but also nothing happens....

i really don't understand why the dev is gone...
i see his last post was on: June 16, 2015, 02:35:26 AM.

a long time ago!!!

but there is a official reason for his leave?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Elmit

Activity: 785

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 08:43:37 AM

I like the company idea, but wouldn't we end up in pretty close to the same situation with the need for investors?

You need to convince investors that the company will make money down the line.
If the investors can buy BTC and not really have to fiddle with BURST, you have a somewhat larger audience, however their asset holdings should probably be registered in the BURST chain,so an investor would need help to have a wallet established with a secure password that has not been leaked. ( or a thief could move the assets off the account )

The great thing about the company is that the company is seperate from the core dev group. The core dev group can still make sure BURST is stable and true to whatever the larger group of users want. The company owners can speed up development of services and whatever BURST stuff is needed to establish such services, and make money off the products. Company could also run mining pools or websites related to burst, if the company thinks such websites could be profitable, or somehow raise the burst price enough to warrant development.

Suppose the company developed file storage in burstcoin.  The dev team would then still have the final say about if and when the file storage stuff is relased in burstcoin, but the feature is done, and the company will be first in line to profit off such a feature, as the company has the best tech insight, and have had time to develop ways to profit from the new infrastructure. The company might release a file storage mining pool close to day 1, and offer to lease the source for the pool to other people who want to own a file storage pool. revenues from FS pool and lease to others could then over time generate a nice ROI of the company money spent on software development.

Suppose the company developed coin anonymization support in BURST.  as soon as the new version was released, the company would have a website ready and be marketing it to users. Company would have a head start with the stuff it sponsors, as it has the knowledge and of course it might have had influence on the feature set so that the capabilities match well with company needs.

With a good story, and with marketing both inside and outside burst community, you might have an easy sell.

Basically, funding a company that will drive development of services and products that utilize BURST, a company dedicated to grow and make money by being first mover in new technologies. Opportunity for shareholders to get in at a low price, in a company that could be a major player in select areas like encrypted anonymouse file storage, areas like crypto finance, areas like automated transactions - bleeding edge stuff..

The more I think about it, the more I like it, and I would very much enjoy setting up and running something like this. There would be need for initial investment for promotion and I could do as much twitter and forum promotion in various areas of this forum to promote it.

Do you think this would have to be another separate company completely? Or could I wrap it together as part of my existing company something like I did with ByteEnterprises?

The whole thing I keep thinking about though, is the idea that we'd still be in need of investors, however, it shouldn't be THAT hard to find people who'd be more willing to invest in a company than a particular coin, even if that company is working almost solely for that particular coin's technology. The company wouldn't necessarily be fully limited to that coin either. If there WERE a clone that came out, said company would be most likely interested in that as well, as the technology would be available there as well.

very interesting. I wonder if this could be something I could make happen.

One thing though, is that the stuff we're working with is open source, so what would keep others from just ripping off the ideas we paid to have developed and doing it themselves? Not quite the same as the company you formed for the idea you mentioned.

Looking for external funding, a version of this has been the search for seed money from angel investors and early stages venture capital firms and establish contact over Twitter that Karl Perkins and I have been working on for a while, and I informed you, crowe, about. Recently something new started to happened: "they" have started to find us too, and not just the other around.

But as I said: investors want something. Seed money does necessarily need to be in the form of money, as when they leave the process, the company is really small (and luckily replaced by more established VCs), but they want some in return for that initial investment: shares, representatives, advisers, etc.

This area of funding attract a great deal of crowdfunding companies too.

You can have a look at my Karl resp. my Twitter (we have also worked with anonymous accounts which I wont name here):

https://twitter.com/YepOnlyOne

https://twitter.com/karl_perkin

Click on Followers and Following.

I cannot see how this could work.
A company would include REAL persons, but here are only anonymous.
Investor would deal with real company only, but there is nothing, but marketing people. No developer. I see no chance that somebody would invest in such a construct.
The investor would also demand some profit in return, however, the tech guys are not there and without the marketing guys are story tellers.
The money would go to the marketing guys and how would it end up in the opensource community?

Look at Bitcoin, now there are real people, ...

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:12:54 AM

Okay, what if we make the following modifications...

1. The cap stays, but coins are added to its total.

2. Rewards are still raised, and decline in reward is lowered. Reward goes to 15k/block now, and reward decline changes to match bitcoin's halving times, by going to 1.455% per month.

3. Transaction fees go up too, minimum goes to 2 or more BURST per transaction, until we believe we can lower it again when there are many more transactions in the network.

This gives incentive for miners to jump back in now and make network bigger again, during this we work our asses off and get the market mods done, mixer AT integrated, etc. Make the market browser better with categories and searchable, etc. Hire a PR company to promote the decentralized market, and get many more users to it.

Get more assets up and running, and work hard to get investors at the same time.
WHAT? Can you tell me, how "up Reward goes to 15k/block" will be help to up the price ? Miners come again... mine and dump it by lower price. This is stupid plan!
duncan_idaho

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:18:20 AM

2. Rewards are still raised, and decline in reward is lowered. Reward goes to 15k/block now, and reward decline changes to match bitcoin's halving times, by going to 1.455% per month.

3. Transaction fees go up too, minimum goes to 2 or more BURST per transaction, until we believe we can lower it again when there are many more transactions in the network.

This gives incentive for miners to jump back in now and make network bigger again, during this we work our asses off and get the market mods done, mixer AT integrated, etc. Make the market browser better with categories and searchable, etc. Hire a PR company to promote the decentralized market, and get many more users to it.

Get more assets up and running, and work hard to get investors at the same time.
WHAT? Can you tell me, how "up Reward goes to 15k/block" will be help to up the price ? Miners come again... mine and dump it by lower price. This is stupid plan!

Agree with You. Everyone see that, but we have here 1-2 person with lot off hashpower who wants to dump it and make more profit.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:19:27 AM

Noo, this is unfair to initial investors and miners. The only fair way to do it is to leave it at current reward or change the decrease to 1% or whatever, or leave it as it is. It's not fair to raise the reward from where it is now, as then the miners mining for the past few months have got a raw deal. Total cap can be increased i suppose. Just hard with how price has moved downwards....I really think we should focus not on burst's poc core, but rather on file sharing and an awesome wallet.

More or less the coin is dead and we can change whatever is useful.
I agree with the changes!

The coin is nowhere near dead, there are lots of transactions and way too much hash power compared to the price.. it's the price that is the problem, and the low price is mainly miners that sell as soon as they get their coins. This puts too much pressure on the coin at the moment, because we don't have enough people buying and holding, not enough people buying for use later on. As price go lower, more miners will quit, and the remaining will get more coins. Hopefully - but we frankly do not know - the quitting miners are those that sell whatever they mine right away. If we REDUCED coins per block, then we would reduce the selling pressure the same amount and start having higher prices. however, i strongly advice against changing the payout structure - it is unfair to those already in the coin that made desicions based on the original setup. If the coin gets a reputation that we change the rules on such important things as reward and inflation - then the coin will not be used by people to hold , and the price will crash towards zero.

But the coin is not dead. I see transactions, and i see a baseTarget (difficulty) aroind 1.6 million, that is quite a huge network by any means, especially considering the market cap currently.

In an inflationary environment, by printing more money, you take from everyone and give to the ones who get the new money - they get to spend these money before the inflation works through the system. If a miner don't believe in the longterm value of the coin, he will mine and sell immediatly to get the most advantage of his newly printed money.   We have to have inflation while we print the 2B burstcoins, but we should certanly not have more than that, and we must try to make the BURST future seem bright enough so that miners won't sell more than the market can bear. If you look at transactions, a lot of the selling is from miners.

At some point the coins generated will be less than the buying pressure on the markets. From that point on, the price will rise. (assuming we get enough features in, and enough marketing out, that the world wants to use the coin at all)
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 09:29:31 AM

At some point the coins generated will be less than the buying pressure on the markets. From that point on, the price will rise. (assuming we get enough features in, and enough marketing out, that the world wants to use the coin at all)

That is poor baseless dreaming. What makes you sure that such a point will exist, what would create such point to increase the price?
What are the features, you are believing would make the world wanting the coin at all?Huh

We do have great features, and still nobody wants the coin! AT, crowdfunding, lottery, assets, escrow, ...

I believe only a targeted marketing could bring us to such a point. For this more than two people on Twitter are necessary!

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
pinballdude

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:40:17 AM

Investor would deal with real company only, but there is nothing, but marketing people. No developer. I see no chance that somebody would invest in such a construct.
The investor would also demand some profit in return, however, the tech guys are not there and without the marketing guys are story tellers.
The money would go to the marketing guys and how would it end up in the opensource community?

A burstcoin company has accounts as owners, mostly, people control the accounts.
investors will have documented ownership via the burstcoin blockchain. The proof is on lots of computers around the world. Much more safe than a word document company register at a lawyer or an auditor.

the company formation is something like this

0) management decides how they will compensate themselves, smart move would be compensation via company shares, and of course $$ payback of any outlays there might be
1) describe the idea, determine how much mkt. cap the initial offering should raise
2) contact investors, sell shares, put in existing assets from management to get shares to management
3) now you have money and income generating assets, so time to figure how to hire developers to do new stuff, as cheaply as possible.

Investors know they own the income generating assets, and they know the company has a lot of money to make things happen quicker than individuals or people who first need to find money.
I'm sure you can find some people if you are well connected. I would aim for $1M marketcap and i would put in the bylaws that at most 1% of the marketcap can be spent every month, so investors know the
money stays and they can sell again at a reasonable price. Company should also agree to do monthly informal accounting, so investors and traders know what happened, what is the current NAV, what is in the budget.

Company is clearly for-profit, and it is just a lucky side-effect that the company will also grow BURST with services and features - and when needed, help the community with organizing stuff.
Coin is clearly open source, voluntary and decentralized. company should not dictate anything coin-tech wise unless it can gain almost universal acceptance. even non-company shareholders should love the company for what it do and the valuable services it provides.
pinballdude

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:47:49 AM

That is poor baseless dreaming. What makes you sure that such a point will exist, what would create such point to increase the price?
What are the features, you are believing would make the world wanting the coin at all?Huh

We do have great features, and still nobody wants the coin! AT, crowdfunding, lottery, assets, escrow, ...

I believe only a targeted marketing could bring us to such a point. For this more than two people on Twitter are necessary!

I want the coin. I mine and hold bc i see value.
i am not alone, not at all alone.
even with only the feature set today, the coin could be worth a lot more, if services were built up around it.
Also, it is evident that there ARE buyers on the exchanges, so i would assume that lower selling pressure will translate into rising prices at some point. Before bitladen had his 2tb and dumped them, we were above 100 sat.  That might be because the miners back then mostly mined and held. Perhaps bitladen is planning to sell his 2TB and buy a lot of burst on the cheap, that is almost the only thing that makes sense reg. what he has done over time. He could not drive the price down much more effectively than he has done.

duncan_idaho

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:53:58 AM

even with only the feature set today, the coin could be worth a lot more, if services were built up around it.
Also, it is evident that there ARE buyers on the exchanges, so i would assume that lower selling pressure will translate into rising prices at some point. Before bitladen had his 2tb and dumped them, we were above 100 sat.  That might be because the miners back then mostly mined and held. Perhaps bitladen is planning to sell his 2TB and buy a lot of burst on the cheap, that is almost the only thing that makes sense reg. what he has done over time. He could not drive the price down much more effectively than he has done.

Exactly. He is trying to brainwash us. I understand why Elmit support him. Obvoius troll is obvious, but crowetic? Wake up guys. Don't touch burstcoin fundaments.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:07:51 AM

Exactly. He is trying to brainwash us. I understand why Elmit support him. Obvoius troll is obvious, but crowetic? Wake up guys. Don't touch burstcoin fundaments.

Exactly this.

He(and most likely many more) are cloudmining and because low price it is now unprofitable so he(they) wants to increase reward so he(they) can start cloudmining again and dump for easy money.. increasing reward doesn't attract new miners - whoever said that is just plain dumb.
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 10:08:02 AM

A burstcoin company has accounts as owners, mostly, people control the accounts.
investors will have documented ownership via the burstcoin blockchain. The proof is on lots of computers around the world. Much more safe than a word document company register at a lawyer or an auditor.

the company formation is something like this

0) management decides how they will compensate themselves, smart move would be compensation via company shares, and of course $$ payback of any outlays there might be
1) describe the idea, determine how much mkt. cap the initial offering should raise
2) contact investors, sell shares, put in existing assets from management to get shares to management
3) now you have money and income generating assets, so time to figure how to hire developers to do new stuff, as cheaply as possible.

Investors know they own the income generating assets, and they know the company has a lot of money to make things happen quicker than individuals or people who first need to find money.
I'm sure you can find some people if you are well connected. I would aim for $1M marketcap and i would put in the bylaws that at most 1% of the marketcap can be spent every month, so investors know the
money stays and they can sell again at a reasonable price. Company should also agree to do monthly informal accounting, so investors and traders know what happened, what is the current NAV, what is in the budget.

Company is clearly for-profit, and it is just a lucky side-effect that the company will also grow BURST with services and features - and when needed, help the community with organizing stuff.
Coin is clearly open source, voluntary and decentralized. company should not dictate anything coin-tech wise unless it can gain almost universal acceptance. even non-company shareholders should love the company for what it do and the valuable services it provides.

If I would be an investor, then your words did not open my wallet ;-)

Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 10:15:49 AM

I am not convinced ;-)
Why do you want the coin? The price is dropping, you cannot buy many things with it, you cannot use it - So why do you want it NOW?
If I look at the exchanges, there is an order book for buying of 1.68 BTC on Bittrex and 4.35 BTC on Poloniex, BUT there are sell orders of 1108 and 64 BTC.
I see that not as a great buying.
I can not see a proof of your argument that BinLaden moved the price down. Can you?
Miners are not investors, they need to pay the bill and will always do that with the mined coins!

Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 10:18:27 AM

Agree with You. Everyone see that, but we have here 1-2 person with lot off hashpower who wants to dump it and make more profit.

You need to start to think out of the box. Where are we now with the coin? What do we want? How can we achieve it. It is way too easy to say: I don't agree.
Bring your suggestions to the table and tell us why!

Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 10:21:07 AM

Get something more to the table than just: I don't want that.
Use your brain/imagination, color it if you want, but tell us why you cannot or do not want understand what crow proposes.
It makes sense to me what he said, but absolutely no sense what you said.

Pages: « 1 ... 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 [1138] 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: