Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:31:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170603 times)
Elmit

Activity: 785
Merit: 500

BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 10:25:45 AM

At some point the coins generated will be less than the buying pressure on the markets. From that point on, the price will rise. (assuming we get enough features in, and enough marketing out, that the world wants to use the coin at all)

That is poor baseless dreaming. What makes you sure that such a point will exist, what would create such point to increase the price?
What are the features, you are believing would make the world wanting the coin at all?Huh

We do have great features, and still nobody wants the coin! AT, crowdfunding, lottery, assets, escrow, ...

I believe only a targeted marketing could bring us to such a point. For this more than two people on Twitter are necessary!

I want the coin. I mine and hold bc i see value.
i am not alone, not at all alone.
even with only the feature set today, the coin could be worth a lot more, if services were built up around it.
Also, it is evident that there ARE buyers on the exchanges, so i would assume that lower selling pressure will translate into rising prices at some point. Before bitladen had his 2tb and dumped them, we were above 100 sat.  That might be because the miners back then mostly mined and held. Perhaps bitladen is planning to sell his 2TB and buy a lot of burst on the cheap, that is almost the only thing that makes sense reg. what he has done over time. He could not drive the price down much more effectively than he has done.

Exactly. He is trying to brainwash us. I understand why Elmit support him. Obvoius troll is obvious, but crowetic? Wake up guys. Don't touch burstcoin fundaments.

Exactly this.

He(and most likely many more) are cloudmining and because low price it is now unprofitable so he(they) wants to increase reward so he(they) can start cloudmining again and dump for easy money.. increasing reward doesn't attract new miners - whoever said that is just plain dumb.

You should start to read your own answers. Didn't you argue, that the price would go more down with a higher reward? So what now? Flip the coin and make up your mind.

Fact is that we have no developer, no USED features, no PROMOTED features, a couple of thinkers who are not able to think beyond their breakfast. GET UP OF YOUR CHAIR and do something.

Price gone down to 26, while we speak.

Pool Statistics
Current time: 2015-09-11 10:24:48 UTC
Block: 141,565
Difficulty: 7,750
Est. Networksize (PB): 8.1260931326383

BURST.MiningHere.com
Pool balance: 61,495
Registered Miners: 281

burst.ninja
Pool balance: 18,944
Registered Miners: 405

burst.poolto.be
Pool balance: 4,625
Registered Miners: 255

cryptomining.farm
Pool balance: 189,407
Registered Miners: 1,863

DevPool v2
Pool balance: 590,803
Registered Miners: 556

mining.tompool.org
Pool balance: 277
Registered Miners: 56

pool.blago
Pool balance: 0
Registered Miners: 114

pool.burstcoin.de
Pool balance: 25,689
Registered Miners: 121

pool.burstcoin.it
Pool balance: 38
Registered Miners: 55

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:30:21 AM

At some point the coins generated will be less than the buying pressure on the markets. From that point on, the price will rise. (assuming we get enough features in, and enough marketing out, that the world wants to use the coin at all)

That is poor baseless dreaming. What makes you sure that such a point will exist, what would create such point to increase the price?
What are the features, you are believing would make the world wanting the coin at all?Huh

We do have great features, and still nobody wants the coin! AT, crowdfunding, lottery, assets, escrow, ...

I believe only a targeted marketing could bring us to such a point. For this more than two people on Twitter are necessary!

even with only the feature set today, the coin could be worth a lot more, if services were built up around it.
Also, it is evident that there ARE buyers on the exchanges, so i would assume that lower selling pressure will translate into rising prices at some point. Before bitladen had his 2tb and dumped them, we were above 100 sat.  That might be because the miners back then mostly mined and held. Perhaps bitladen is planning to sell his 2TB and buy a lot of burst on the cheap, that is almost the only thing that makes sense reg. what he has done over time. He could not drive the price down much more effectively than he has done.

Exactly. He is trying to brainwash us. I understand why Elmit support him. Obvoius troll is obvious, but crowetic? Wake up guys. Don't touch burstcoin fundaments.

Exactly this.

He(and most likely many more) are cloudmining and because low price it is now unprofitable so he(they) wants to increase reward so he(they) can start cloudmining again and dump for easy money.. increasing reward doesn't attract new miners - whoever said that is just plain dumb.

You should start to read your own answers. Didn't you argue, that the price would go more down with a higher reward? So what now? Flip the coin and make up your mind.

Yes I did, twice. Do you need help understanding why?
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 10:39:37 AM

Also, it is evident that there ARE buyers on the exchanges, so i would assume that lower selling pressure will translate into rising prices at some point. Before bitladen had his 2tb and dumped them, we were above 100 sat.  That might be because the miners back then mostly mined and held. Perhaps bitladen is planning to sell his 2TB and buy a lot of burst on the cheap, that is almost the only thing that makes sense reg. what he has done over time. He could not drive the price down much more effectively than he has done.

Get something more to the table than just: I don't want that.
Use your brain/imagination, color it if you want, but tell us why you cannot or do not want understand what crow proposes.
It makes sense to me what he said, but absolutely no sense what you said.

Elmit i don't have to prove you anything. You can write here whatever you want, but my troll detector blocking you right now Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 10:47:34 AM

Also, it is evident that there ARE buyers on the exchanges, so i would assume that lower selling pressure will translate into rising prices at some point. Before bitladen had his 2tb and dumped them, we were above 100 sat.  That might be because the miners back then mostly mined and held. Perhaps bitladen is planning to sell his 2TB and buy a lot of burst on the cheap, that is almost the only thing that makes sense reg. what he has done over time. He could not drive the price down much more effectively than he has done.

Use your brain/imagination, color it if you want, but tell us why you cannot or do not want understand what crow proposes.

Elmit i don't have to prove you anything. You can write here whatever you want, but my troll detector blocking you right now Smiley

You are right, YOU cannot proof to me anything. Yes, I write here whatever I want.
There is an old saying: Don't point finger against somebody, because 3 fingers are always pointing back at you. ;-)

Ing. Ronald Wiplinger (@ ELMIT)   Blog and pools: http://mininghere.com  CAT info at: https://cat.elmit.com  Tel.: (O) +886 (0)2--2623-3117, (M) +886 (0) 988--70-77-42, Telegram: @RonaldPhone
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:01:23 AM

You are right, YOU cannot proof to me anything. Yes, I write here whatever I want.
There is an old saying: Don't point finger against somebody, because 3 fingers are always pointing back at you. ;-)
Elmit How much burst coins you are holding ?
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 11:53:13 AM

Elmit How much burst coins you are holding ?

Not many, why?
What does it matter in this thread?
Why should I keep them?
How many do you have?

Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:13:10 PM

Even if BitLaden and Elmit are right, why fixing burstcoin on force?
I am against it.

Why dont you make your own coin and promote it and preosper on it, I will join for sure.

This is soooo suspicious when you force that hard to change something in the name of community.

BitLaden, you have a knowledge and hashpower, do it, and invite us to join you, not forcing others to change.

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
ivanf

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:19:04 PM

Check the last posts of burstcoin dev, he did not like the idea of changing the block reward: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=364787;sa=showPosts

I still haven't got an answer, why do you guys think that tinkering with the block reward would bring more miners? The price will drop even more. The trust will be lost as well because the basic parameters are so easily changed. Developing coin features and keeping the development steady matters more, imho.

This sounds far more reasonable to me:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg12385695#msg12385695
Maybe the author of that post could lead the development?
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 12:19:31 PM

The last days this thread includes proposals, and counter proposals.
One side says the others are idiots.

In the meantime the coin price is going further down.

You are dreaming of an investor, but you have nothing to convince a potential investor.
If you tell an investor that you have the best product, then he will tell you, that you need a marketing guy.
If you tell an investor that you want to develop some more features, then he will tell you, you should a marketing forecast. If convinced, he might invest.
If you tell an investor about BURST, he might answer what is that?
If you tell an investor about low cost mining, then he might ask and what can you do with the coins?

All what we have is a dream! Investors are not dreamers!
You need to prepare some documents, some convincing forecasts.

We hear, BURST is great! - How great? (in numbers, in US$ and why?)
We hear, BURST has features! - Which one? (How do they compare to other coin's features?)
We hear, the value WILL go up, therefore I hold on the coin. Investor gives a damn what the coin is doing in a year, how is it performing in the next two months, what is the plan, ...

If you think in investments of 100 US$, then keep on dreaming. If you think in investments in 100,000s or millions, then you need to prepare GOOD documents, excel sheets and PROOF each number!
It needs also a document how you want to run the funding, how you give them controls over their investment. Why they can trust you.
To put Crow into the front line and say, that his "Trust" on Bitcointalk is higher than others would not be taken serious.
The investor wants to know why he can trust you, as company, as person, as manager, as developer. Do you have a past record to show?

For one of my previous company I got 6 million US$ investment. It needed a half year writing the documents, two different sets of CPAs were involved. Endless meetings. Further you need to be able to answer the future planning, the exit strategy, ...

What do we have? Just insults to each other of not understanding "what I said".

Crow made a start with his document, but not many constructive answers came to his proposal.

Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 12:23:12 PM

Even if BitLaden and Elmit are right, why fixing burstcoin on force?
I am against it.

Why dont you make your own coin and promote it and preosper on it, I will join for sure.

This is soooo suspicious when you force that hard to change something in the name of community.

BitLaden, you have a knowledge and hashpower, do it, and invite us to join you, not forcing others to change.

There is no force included.

Sure it is possible to make another coin. However, if this coin is successful, then BURST is definitely dead.
It's up to you if you want to discuss or do something.

ivanf

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 12:25:25 PM

In fact I like bitladen's idea of a coin based on CryptoNote+PoC+floating rewards, but imho any of these are too radical changes for burst. It would be interesting as a new coin.
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 12:29:49 PM

See for yourself, do you think we should just wait:

Pool Statistics

Pool Statistics
Current time: 2015-09-11 12:27:44 UTC
Block: 141,594
Difficulty: 7,052
Est. Networksize (PB): 7.3944100609821

haitch

Activity: 539

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:05:58 PM

Pool Statistics

Pool Statistics

Current time: 2015-09-11 14:00:00 UTC
Block: 141,613
Difficulty: 12,973
Est. Networksize (PB): 9.787

Did you have a point, or are you doing your best chicken Little impersonation ?

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
█████████████████████████
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 01:17:15 PM

Pool Statistics

Pool Statistics

It is always amazing, that people who always say they block me, are the first who have something to criticise, ...
Good job!
Now go back to your room and play with your toys.

BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:18:16 PM

Yes we need to push back the network size to the 4 months ago levels of 16 TB

http://burstcoin.biz/charts/estimated-network-size

I see that both network size drop , and the BURST price drop has stopped. This might be good news for BURST.

Also the INCOME asset has really taken off lately, the spread shrunk to 1 BURST, and the daily volume just exploded.

I feel that the tides turn for BURST and everything will be resolved soon!  Smiley
Elmit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 01:21:59 PM

Pool Statistics

Pool Statistics

Please note your time of writing and what you quote.

newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:26:30 PM

Pool Statistics

Pool Statistics

Did u just compare the difficulty two hours apart to prove a point?

You have got to be trolling.. Have you never heard of difficulty retargetting?

stop acting like you know everything when so much that comes out of your mouth is just bullshit.
pinballdude

Activity: 286

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:36:02 PM

If I would be an investor, then your words did not open my wallet ;-)

That is no problem. Usually there are several ways to do things, and thus you cannot get all investors on board. If you have a story that will work with another group or investors, then it would be very good for burst to have more than one company based on trying to make money off burst tech. and creating burst tech. The companies will each attract investors. some investors will invest in all companies, some will invest in only some of them.   Suppose your company aims to beat ebay with a decent crypto similar thing, and crowetic's company want to establish the crypto equivalent to a brokerage service.. i'd like both ideas and perhaps buy shares in both companies. I can put more money in the two than in a single one of them, as being in two companies reduces risk.  I also know that both companies are doing a lot to be as beautiful as possible, as they know the investors have an alternative if they get sloppy.

pinballdude

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:40:16 PM

i do not agree with the nobody, but i agree a lot with the last sentence,  targeted marketing...  We are both businessmen, and we both know that we can't land a customer unless he knows about our product. Hardly anyone knows about burst, even though the marketing team has been doing a very, very, very good job. We have gotten the miner's attention alright with petabytes of hashes, but we have had a bit more trouble reaching the end users of the coin, as well as the investors. They don't scan the scene as thoroughly as miners do.
pinballdude

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:54:12 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2015, 02:08:22 PM by pinballdude

I am not convinced ;-)
Why do you want the coin? The price is dropping, you cannot buy many things with it, you cannot use it - So why do you want it NOW?
If I look at the exchanges, there is an order book for buying of 1.68 BTC on Bittrex and 4.35 BTC on Poloniex, BUT there are sell orders of 1108 and 64 BTC.
I see that not as a great buying.
I can not see a proof of your argument that BinLaden moved the price down. Can you?
Miners are not investors, they need to pay the bill and will always do that with the mined coins!

These are the main reasons why i want the coin :

• no premine, everyone was on equal footing from the beginning, no pot of PM gold that devs and community is constantly figthing over
  • finite amount of coins - makes it a good store of value , you don't even need to have an online wallet to store your wealth
  • decentralized asset exchange - this can evolve into totally taking over a lot of brokerage and lawyer stuff :
    a) storing ownership in the burst chain is a lot safer than in a safe in a lawyer or accountants office
    b) getting your company traded on an exchange is way cheaper with burst than the old fashioned systems
    c) and ownership is pseudonomus and worldwide and outside threats from governements
  • marketplace - we can make selling stuff really easy, based on burst. potential for webshops etc.
  • non-power-intensive mining  -  for now, this has meant that we have quite a decentralized mining situation, many many miners. You can mine with spare space and get free money that way
  • quick response time - blocks every 4 minutes make things go relatively quickly compared to BTC
  • potential for file storage later on, potential for lots of crazy shit, and due to java, development can be a lot faster than c/c++

edit : i am a markup language mongol

These are my personal thoughts, and other people can have other thoughts about this

my main concern, which is major, is that we don't have a solid software development process documented,  it was not that important when burstcoin did the coordination in a dictatorial way, but it will be needed if we decentralize development and reduce risk by having a core group of developers / testers /guardians, and then a lot more developers that fix individual issues, and add individual features as per pull requests and core group acceptance.

On top of the sw dev process, i also miss a battery of unit tests, and documentation and guidelines for testing, we'll need that, but the core team will probably put that as a priority once they are established, so it will get done.
Pages: « 1 ... 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: