Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:21:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... 523 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientific proof that God exists?  (Read 845435 times)
lolingera

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

ZUFLO and only ZUFLO

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 07:18:45 PM

i think that atheism is just feeling unjust that some religious groups are usurping god (G) to put it on top of the peoples consciousness and mind as almighty god (AG) .... in my definition and theory atheists know what word "god" means and they admit existence of the presumed secular born god (SG) .... they understand almighty god too .... but they refuse and reject any submission to pretended agents of the assumed AG which are in turn formalized traditional religions ....!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:16:39 PM

I do not know what, but I am very concerned pleased about the directions of atheism in humanity. Blasphemy Religion is a very great sin delusion and it seems to me that today the whole most of the planet suffers from this disease.

FTFY
If you answer in essence, you must first answer the question, to whom does religion interfere or that a person believes in something? It seems to me that this cult of atheism has already got everyone and apparently there are reasons to blaspheme.

Terrorist attacks.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 11:47:16 PM

I do not know what, but I am very concerned pleased about the directions of atheism in humanity. Blasphemy Religion is a very great sin delusion and it seems to me that today the whole most of the planet suffers from this disease.

FTFY
If you answer in essence, you must first answer the question, to whom does religion interfere or that a person believes in something? It seems to me that this cult of atheism has already got everyone and apparently there are reasons to blaspheme.

Terrorist attacks.

You know the first terrorists were atheist anarchists right ?

Islamists are just copy cat, they barely know anything about the coran, and their behavior can be rationally explained in better maner than just stupid superstition about magic power of religions.

But thinking rationally seems to be above your capacity.

Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:05:08 AM

I think we don't need any scientific proof because He is not be seen or any remarks from him we only know bible and his presence can be only felt .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Al Pacino Jr

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:25:07 AM

If god exist, he need put some text under this line  Grin Grin Grin
---------------------------------------------------------
welcome to hell
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:11:54 AM

The human mind cannot readily comprehend GOD, who is self-existing.
Self-existence is a mystery at the center of any and every origin hypothesis.

What is not quite as mysterious is the hard data indicating that mind is being "transmitted through a medium", it is NOT being "produced" by the brain. In this thread I have pointed out 52 points of scientific research and some very strong survival cases, more than 100 data points total. Anyone who wants to see the scientific evidence can study these strong cases and start to think about these data points, just like the eminent researchers who made similar observations and analyses.

The first cause is one that is self-existing and cannot be known in any way, this is called an Ultimate Religious Idea and it is marked Unknowable. Even though the answer is unknown, GOD has some actualities that validate his existence. On the other hand, there is ZERO evidence of a self-existing universe or any other self-existing thing!

not only that no current hypothesis is tenable, but also that no tenable hypothesis can be framed.

§11. Respecting the origin of the Universe three verbally intelligible suppositions may be made. We may assert that it is self-existent; or that it is self-created; or that it is created by an external agency. Which of these suppositions is most credible it is not needful here to inquire. The deeper question, into which this finally merges, is, whether any one of them is even conceivable in the true sense of the word. Let us successively test them...

http://www.constitution.org/hs/first_prin.htm
qwik2learn

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:37:11 AM

Debunking the most common atheist arguments with the records of the Phoenix Project:

We would be justified in believing that an inexplicable event is the work of god only if we were justified in believing that a natural explanation of it would never be found. But we can never be justified in believing that, because we can't predict what the future will bring. We can't rule out the possibility that a natural explanation will be found, no matter how incredible the event. When faced with an inexplicable event, it is always more rational to look for a natural cause than to attribute it to something supernatural. Appealing to the supernatural does not increase our understanding. It simply masks the fact that we do not yet understand.

What's more, any supposed miracle could be the result of a superadvanced technology rather than a supernatural being. Arthur C. Clarke once said that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. So the seemingly inexplicable events that many attribute to god could simply be the work of advanced aliens. Erik von Däniken argues as much in his book Chariots of the Gods, where he claims that the wheel that Ezekiel saw in the sky was really a UFO. Explanations that appeal to advanced aliens are actually superior to explanations that appeal to supernatural beings because they are simpler and more conservative -- they do not postulate any nonphysical substances and they do not presuppose the falsity of any natural laws. If astronomers feel the need to join a church, they would do better to join the First Church of Space Aliens than the First Church of Christ of the Big Bang.

I recommend studying Phoenix Journals to find out the natural explanation for what really happened and clarification on many subjects--the fact is that this Grandmother managed to write a 200-page book EVERY 3 WEEKS FOR YEARS, hundreds of books in total.  How was this prodigious output, covering such a wide range of topics, possible?  Please do not be too quick to reject the truthful answer, that she scribed DIRECTLY for our Heavenly Father, exactly as stated.  There probably has NEVER been a scribe so well connected — including all of the great ones acknowledged in all of the holy books.
This site is the official source of the written records of the evolution of God’s Plan for the New Millennium, from the beginning of the new calendar count in 1987 to the present.
http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com
Your “enemy” as to “space aliens” are now all landlocked to your orbiting system.  YOU HAVE NO ENEMIES AMONG THE BROTHERHOOD IN SPACE (COSMOS).  YOU DO HAVE ENEMIES IN YOUR “SPACES” BUT THEY ARE VERY EARTH-ORIENTED AND ORIGINATED.  All of this is explained in depth in the writings—this message is for identification of myself and my coworkers who bring information and assistance at this time of evolution.
The evidence supporting TK, ESP, mediumship, survival/rebirth, ETs, and GOD is all available, these resources will give you a starting point:
http://www.rivier.edu/faculty/pcunningham/Publications/CunninghamJP_Fall-2012-Vol-76-(2)-295-319.pdf
http://www.rivier.edu/faculty/pcunningham/Research/Problem_of_Seths_Origin.pdf

Some background information can be found by a search for "other speakers" on the Phoenix Project website.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 02:51:10 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 03:26:31 AM by IadixDev

https://books.google.fr/books?id=3AnLCQAAQBAJ&lpg=PT32&ots=opVsM7POi6&dq=pribram%20brain%20god&pg=PT35#v=onepage&q&f=false

God's Blueprint: Scientific evidence that Earth was created for humans

https://www.academia.edu/27842747/THE_PRIBRAM_BOHM_HYPOTHESIS_Part_I_The_Cosmology_of_Consciousness

The Pribram–Bohm Hypothesis
 Part I: The Cosmology of Consciousness

qwik2learn

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:03:42 AM

Phoenix Journal #35 describes meditation as the origin of the creative process.
A google search for "creativity and sensory deprivation" thoroughly validates this information.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 03:12:20 AM

Phoenix Journal #35 describes meditation as the origin of the creative process.
A google search for "creativity and sensory deprivation" thoroughly validates this information.

That's quite a blow to materialism / empirism no ?  Cheesy

Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:27:11 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 09:42:57 AM by Przemax

There is one single proof of the Genesis in the bible. Its sonulominescence:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence

Its the creation of light from the sound. Everything is a form of vibration - voice. Everything. You, me, the electronic device infront of you - etc etc.

And everything is light and as light. But the voice is prior to that.

I don't understand anything other than - animals are better than humans because they are less conciouss. If they are less conciouss they are more conciouss. Is it only me, or someone else is seeing absurd in this?

I would say that animals could be agitated, but agitation is far from being conciouss. I have an agitation in the stomach sometimes- gut feelings. Its far from conciousness - its actually the opposite to conciousness.

What are you implying? Btw thats not a science. Its scientism at best. Someone is saying we had discovered. How? When? What methods you have used? How to verify it?
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:47:25 AM

Debunking the most common atheist arguments with the records of the Phoenix Project:

We would be justified in believing that an inexplicable event is the work of god only if we were justified in believing that a natural explanation of it would never be found. But we can never be justified in believing that, because we can't predict what the future will bring. We can't rule out the possibility that a natural explanation will be found, no matter how incredible the event. When faced with an inexplicable event, it is always more rational to look for a natural cause than to attribute it to something supernatural. Appealing to the supernatural does not increase our understanding. It simply masks the fact that we do not yet understand.

What's more, any supposed miracle could be the result of a superadvanced technology rather than a supernatural being. Arthur C. Clarke once said that any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. So the seemingly inexplicable events that many attribute to god could simply be the work of advanced aliens. Erik von Däniken argues as much in his book Chariots of the Gods, where he claims that the wheel that Ezekiel saw in the sky was really a UFO. Explanations that appeal to advanced aliens are actually superior to explanations that appeal to supernatural beings because they are simpler and more conservative -- they do not postulate any nonphysical substances and they do not presuppose the falsity of any natural laws. If astronomers feel the need to join a church, they would do better to join the First Church of Space Aliens than the First Church of Christ of the Big Bang.

I recommend studying Phoenix Journals to find out the natural explanation for what really happened and clarification on many subjects--the fact is that this Grandmother managed to write a 200-page book EVERY 3 WEEKS FOR YEARS, hundreds of books in total.  How was this prodigious output, covering such a wide range of topics, possible?  Please do not be too quick to reject the truthful answer, that she scribed DIRECTLY for our Heavenly Father, exactly as stated.  There probably has NEVER been a scribe so well connected — including all of the great ones acknowledged in all of the holy books.
This site is the official source of the written records of the evolution of God’s Plan for the New Millennium, from the beginning of the new calendar count in 1987 to the present.
http://www.phoenixsourcedistributors.com
Your “enemy” as to “space aliens” are now all landlocked to your orbiting system.  YOU HAVE NO ENEMIES AMONG THE BROTHERHOOD IN SPACE (COSMOS).  YOU DO HAVE ENEMIES IN YOUR “SPACES” BUT THEY ARE VERY EARTH-ORIENTED AND ORIGINATED.  All of this is explained in depth in the writings—this message is for identification of myself and my coworkers who bring information and assistance at this time of evolution.
The evidence supporting TK, ESP, mediumship, survival/rebirth, ETs, and GOD is all available, these resources will give you a starting point:
http://www.rivier.edu/faculty/pcunningham/Publications/CunninghamJP_Fall-2012-Vol-76-(2)-295-319.pdf
http://www.rivier.edu/faculty/pcunningham/Research/Problem_of_Seths_Origin.pdf

Some background information can be found by a search for "other speakers" on the Phoenix Project website.

Well someone who believes in telekinesis and other supernatural stuff like that can't be really taken too serious. The atheist argument is that there is insufficient evidence for god, that's it, nothing more. None of your links provide any evidence at all.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 04:14:25 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 04:38:12 PM by IadixDev

Its the creation of light from the sound. Everything is a form of vibration - voice. Everything. You, me, the electronic device infront of you - etc etc.

I don't understand anything other than - animals are better than humans because they are less conciouss. If they are less conciouss they are more conciouss. Is it only me, or someone else is seeing absurd in this?

I would say that animals could be agitated, but agitation is far from being conciouss. I have an agitation in the stomach sometimes- gut feelings. Its far from conciousness - its actually the opposite to conciousness.

What are you implying? Btw thats not a science. Its scientism at best. Someone is saying we had discovered. How? When? What methods you have used? How to verify it?

The book takes on theory from pribram and Bohm, both famous scientist, who studied consciousness a bit deeper than 3rd grade science.

Look at all the experiments made by pribram on consciousness, you ll see it's far less simple than what they teach at 3rd grade school science class Smiley

The thing with earth quake and animal has been noticed many times. Its not exactly proven, but there are still research and documented cases, specially in japan, It's not easy to replicate without destroying a city though lol

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S147470651500023

As well as how we can become more "tuned" to events and future with certain practice like meditation or sensorial deprivation.

Those technics are know to all cultures in budhism or other who dont spend their life hypnotized by tv or facebook thinking science is limited to micro wave ovens and iphone.

Having more noise or active thought in the brain is not necessarily being "more conscious" Wink

Przemax

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:35:16 PM

The book takes on theory from pribram and Bohm, both famous scientist, who studied consciousness a bit deeper than 3rd grade science.

Look at all the experiments made by pribram on consciousness, you ll see it's far less simple than what they teach at 3rd grade school science class Smiley

The thing with earth quake and animal has been noticed many times. Its not exactly proven, but there are still research and cases, It's not easy to replicate without destroying a city though lol

As well as how we can become more "tuned" to events and future with certain practice like meditation or sensoriel deprivation.

Those technics are know to all cultures in budhism or other who dont spend their life hypnotized by tv or facebook thinking science is limited to micro wave ovens and iphone.

Having more noise or active thought in the brain is not necessarily being "more conscious" Wink

Sorry... but as a guy who believes that the Bible is the word of God, your babbling about meditation bringing higher brain capacity I have to say you are talking about the demons here. And its surely not a higher brain capacity but a demon possesion.

I would think twice if I were you before getting yourself be guided by the evil spirits.

In my opinion Hinduism is the closest religion to the Babylonian religion of the king Nimrod. I do not have a good opinion about Hinduism and what you want to imply here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/meditation-is-touted-as-a-cure-for-mental-instability-but-can-it-actually-be-bad-for-you-10268291.html

At first every experience with demons is fine. But then it gets worse, and worse, and worse, until you can not sense how bad it is. Like every addiction, meditation is bad if you rely on it do something for you.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 04:40:37 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 04:52:11 PM by IadixDev

Science study more & more the benefits of meditation and sensorial deprivation, it has nothing to do with demons or hinduism, even prayer is close to this, even it's why churches are kept very silent because it known it trigger special state of consciousness.

http://www.soulshepherding.org/2011/02/shhhh-silent-prayer-church/

The prophet urges us, “The Lord is in his holy temple; let all the earth be silent before him” (Habakkuk 1:13).  The Psalmist invites us to “Be still and know” the Lord, to worship the holy God with him (Psalm 46:10). The Lord showed Elijah and us that to sense his presence and hear his message we need to be quiet and listen for the “still, small voice” of the Holy Spirit (1 Kings 19:12).

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/carlmccolman/2016/02/seven-blessings-of-silent-prayer/

The veda is still interesting Smiley budhism is different from hinduism.

Przemax

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:42:52 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 04:54:44 PM by Przemax

Science study more and more dangers of meditation my friend.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/meditation-is-touted-as-a-cure-for-mental-instability-but-can-it-actually-be-bad-for-you-10268291.html

I know its not a science yournal, but you get the picture. If you are not let by God, you are let by demons its simple as that... not some higher possibilities of yours.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

I do not command the lord when he should speak. He just does.

Those spirits that lie to you that are at your service are those spirits of lie and deceit. You can not command any spirit - do not be lied those who speak otherwise.

If you think you can summon some "higher being" by your "prayer" or meditation however you call it, you are being decieved, and know you will have to pay for its "obedience". Ofcourse spirits does not obey i just wanted to point out its a decievery.

P.S. you had queoted the scriptures. Know that its the servants of the Lord who answers to the Lord, not a guy who meditates. They are quite and humble. They are not empty headed ok? They wait and wait and wait. They do not, meditate, meditate and meditate. Mind you.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 04:54:00 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 05:05:26 PM by IadixDev

I dont try to summon anything lol  Roll Eyes

It's said in the bible god is within us Smiley

Can be seen as silent prayer Smiley

Many Monks spend time in isolation, make vow of silence etc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monastic_silence

Monastic silence is a spiritual practice recommended in a variety of religious traditions for purposes including facilitation of approaching deity, and achieving elevated states of spiritual purity.[1] It may be in accordance with a monk's formal vow of silence, but can also engage laity who have not taken vows, or novices who are preparing to take vows. Monastic silence is more highly developed in the Roman Catholic faith than in Protestantism, but it is not limited to Catholicism. The practice has a corresponding manifestation in the Orthodox church, which teaches that silence is a means to access the deity, to develop self-knowledge,[2] or to live more harmoniously.[3] Theophilus, patriarch of Alexandria, placed the virtue of silence on par with the faith itself in a synodal letter from AD 400. "Monks—if they wish to be what they are called—will love silence and the Catholic faith, for nothing at all is more important than these two things." [4]

In the book Silence, The Still Small Voice of God, Andrew March establishes the roots of silence doctrine in the Psalms attributed to David. "Benedict and his monastics would know from chanting the Psalter every week the verse that follows: “I was silent and still; I held my peace to no avail; my distress grew worse, my heart became hot within me. While I mused, the fire burned; then I spoke with my tongue” (Psalm 39: 3).

St. Norbet's Arts Center[6] also anchors its views on silence in the Old Testament: "For God alone my soul waits in silence; from him comes my salvation." (Psalm 62)

Przemax

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:57:27 PM

You had queoted the scriptures. Know that its the servants of the Lord who answers to the Lord, not a guy who meditates. They are quite and humble. They are not empty headed ok? They wait and wait and wait. They do not, meditate, meditate and meditate. Mind you.

There is a difference between emptying your head by making a trance, with being quiet and humble ok? Do not mix those two concepts please.

By making yourself hollow you might be emptying yourself from God. That my opinion on meditation.

What I know is that silencing yourself is not emptying yourself ok? Maybe I have wrong impression of meditation. But thats what I was told meditation is.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 04:59:18 PM

You had queoted the scriptures. Know that its the servants of the Lord who answers to the Lord, not a guy who meditates. They are quite and humble. They are not empty headed ok? They wait and wait and wait. They do not, meditate, meditate and meditate. Mind you.

There is a difference between emptying your head by making a trance, with being quiet and humble ok? Do not mix those two concepts please.

By making yourself hollow you might be emptying yourself from God. That my opinion on meditation.

Emptying your mind is not making yourself hollow , on the contrary.

God is within us, not on the things of earth.

Przemax

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:02:19 PM

Emptying your mind is not making yourself hollow , on the contrary.

You are emptying yourself forcefully. That is enough to say that its not Godly. I know how meditation suppose to work. You suppose to become trancelike. You make yourself empty by possibly forcing the God out if he is in.

Don't mix being silent with meditation. Being silent is to listen. Being in a meditation in my opinion is screaming a trancelike nonsense.

Maybe I have a wrong impression but thats what I had read how to "empty" your mind.

P.S Don't try to imply that if monks do something - its good. I have a very bad opinion about the monasteries.
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... 523 »
  Print  

Jump to: