Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:59:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:27:33 PM

Almost a thousand moneroj for 1 btc. We'll be looking back on this with remorse gents...

That hurts as I spent much more on my 1.4k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rias

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:44:40 PM

@Rias, I am curious, how would you improve the website? I think it is fairly OK at the moment.

Well, fairly OK is not the best for conversion funnel. I was talking about broader public and from that perspective it's easier to say what is not worth improving.

Just a couple of thoughts from the top of the head:

1. Who is actually the target audience? What people the site should pursue and convince to download the software? As of now it seems that the site is targeted at those who already know about Monero. Too geeky for a layman, too feature-focused for not-sophisticated bitcoiners. It doesn't represent benefits for the user, it focuses on how the tech works inside.

Currently the site is a project for those who know about Monero/CryptoNote. It assumes an average user to know what he's doing there. In reality, an average user doesn't know and doesn't wish to try to get to know.

I'd say it's better to identify those who might be visiting the site (where are the adjacent market niches?) and try convincing them with their language.

2. The whole Getting Started section is inadequate. Lots of reading, pure text. No screenshots for GUI Wallet (well, why not, I might want to see what I'm about to download), no descriptions. This one should be very descriptive and intuitive. Show me what I'm dealing with, convince me of the benefits, lead me towards target action (download?).

3. A number of text-only pages. People hate reading. Structure, visualize, simplify. It's too easy to lose a visitor because of making him read.
What's more, it's quite complicated to navigate across the site if I don't know anything and would like to start somewhere. There's no easy point of entrance.

4. Lots of stuff and tech slang nobody knows or cares about. Design & development goals look nice, but can I have a taste of what it actually implies to me as a user?

5. Blog/News/Diaries are outdated. "Is this project abandoned?"

6. And actually, pretty much every page looks amateurish. It might be ok depending on the target auditnce, but in general it may send polar messages to users. A more polished style could help I guess.

7. Finally, https://getmonero.org/ is just lol (select language, choose wisely!). Come on, index page is crucial.

8. And yeah, SEO.
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:07:51 PM

8. And yeah, SEO.

Good points on a lot of stuff, but SEO is just fine if people have heard of "Monero" and are looking for more info about it. It shows up as the top hit on both Google and Bing for me. I guess that will vary though. On the other hand, if you are looking for some generic phrase like "private currency" then it doesn't.

It will have nothing to do with the price, but it may increase new users conversion.

That seems inconsistent. If something increases new users conversion then it should lead to more demand which would also affect the price, unless the former effect is absolutely insignificant in magnitude (and then why bother?).

Thanks for the feedback overall.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 10:56:34 PM

Almost a thousand moneroj for 1 btc. We'll be looking back on this with remorse gents...

It should feel good, as you may now lower your average cost.

I'd love to buy MOAR at 1000:1, but that would raise my average.   Cry

Somebody please dump to 0.0005!   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 12:10:47 AM

@Rias, I am curious, how would you improve the website? I think it is fairly OK at the moment.

Well, fairly OK is not the best for conversion funnel. I was talking about broader public and from that perspective it's easier to say what is not worth improving.

Just a couple of thoughts from the top of the head:

1. Who is actually the target audience? What people the site should pursue and convince to download the software? As of now it seems that the site is targeted at those who already know about Monero. Too geeky for a layman, too feature-focused for not-sophisticated bitcoiners. It doesn't represent benefits for the user, it focuses on how the tech works inside.

Currently the site is a project for those who know about Monero/CryptoNote. It assumes an average user to know what he's doing there. In reality, an average user doesn't know and doesn't wish to try to get to know.

I'd say it's better to identify those who might be visiting the site (where are the adjacent market niches?) and try convincing them with their language.

2. The whole Getting Started section is inadequate. Lots of reading, pure text. No screenshots for GUI Wallet (well, why not, I might want to see what I'm about to download), no descriptions. This one should be very descriptive and intuitive. Show me what I'm dealing with, convince me of the benefits, lead me towards target action (download?).

3. A number of text-only pages. People hate reading. Structure, visualize, simplify. It's too easy to lose a visitor because of making him read.
What's more, it's quite complicated to navigate across the site if I don't know anything and would like to start somewhere. There's no easy point of entrance.

4. Lots of stuff and tech slang nobody knows or cares about. Design & development goals look nice, but can I have a taste of what it actually implies to me as a user?

5. Blog/News/Diaries are outdated. "Is this project abandoned?"

6. And actually, pretty much every page looks amateurish. It might be ok depending on the target auditnce, but in general it may send polar messages to users. A more polished style could help I guess.

7. Finally, https://getmonero.org/ is just lol (select language, choose wisely!). Come on, index page is crucial.

8. And yeah, SEO.

I agree with 1,2,3,4,5. Can you make a new website? Or maybe lay out some slides of how it should look? And then maybe someone could hack it together with the github thing. All I can do on the github is text, and throwing some images in there.

regarding 6, how polished do you want? My favorite polishing is this: https://bytecoin.org/ , and this communicate why I don't like the polished look. It looks like its trying too hard. Where's that image of a Ferrari shell on an accord when you need it.

I mean, should we just clone https://bitcoin.org/en/  ?

I'm sure things will look more better when we hit, i dunno, 30$ and some folks can decide to "retire" a little earlier from their day job.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:55:26 AM

Sadly not as struggling just to put food on the table for my family at the moment. Some fucking Christmas Sad

Just getting farther behind each month.

January could be food bank month. No dignity left anyway.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 10:37:05 AM

Sadly not as struggling just to put food on the table for my family at the moment. Some fucking Christmas Sad

Just getting farther behind each month.

January could be food bank month. No dignity left anyway.

Fine, I will buy your 1.4k XMR for 1.4 BTC.  $600 buys a lot of food, gas, and books from Santa.

Better dump soon, not many bids left at 0.001.  See you on Poloniex!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:08:30 AM

stuff like this does not help, most of us are deep in the red.

average below 0.001?  Cheesy
maybe for small fishes..

ALL big holders are down.  look how warz was crying in polo chat the last few days. many got themselfs more than just one blue eye. or ask risto how many euros he is down, 100K? 200k?500k?

better be carefull what you wish for, we only need one whale to capitulate and you will see prices very fast below 0.0005

XMR Monero
dloghwak

Activity: 290

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:19:23 AM

maybe for small fishes..

ALL big holders are down.  look how warz was crying in polo chat the last few days. many got themselfs more than just one blue eye. or ask risto how many euros he is down, 100K? 200k?500k?

better be carefull what you wish for, we only need one whale to capitulate and you will see prices very fast below 0.0005

Are they? 0.43 USD currently, there were a lot of opportunities to buy below.
Rias

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:39:58 AM

It will have nothing to do with the price, but it may increase new users conversion.

That seems inconsistent. If something increases new users conversion then it should lead to more demand which would also affect the price, unless the former effect is absolutely insignificant in magnitude (and then why bother?).

I implied that the release of the official GUI won't affect price per se (there might be a short term spike), but it will create the opportunity for more users to board in a given time period. I assume that these people won't buy a significant amount of Monero, but their existence will capitalize over time and may help an additional upward trend emerge over time.

I agree with 1,2,3,4,5. Can you make a new website? Or maybe lay out some slides of how it should look? And then maybe someone could hack it together with the github thing. All I can do on the github is text, and throwing some images in there.

First of all, I'm not sure there's urgency in site redesign. It should be done for sure before the official GUI is released. Maybe the faster the better, but it's related to the first question I asked in my list. Monero community (or dev team, IDK) has to agree upon user acquisition and growth strategy.

Who is the most lucrative visitor for the website? Who's likely to get convinced by what Monero has to offer today and who can be convinced by it's short- and long-term plans? Which audience is naturally more prone to join Monero community? Is it a tech savvy, an alternative financier/trader, a more general cryptocurrency user, somewhat broader hipster audience?

And what is the most desirable action? Get this user to download software? Make him join the discussion here? Let him get his first XMR easily?

It's important to get at least a form of vision on these questions (public discussion maybe?), as they shape the site and the message it states. In any case, I believe there's still time before LMDB hits the official release. It will be a great usability/accessibility improvement apart from official GUI. Any estimates on that, btw?
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 12:11:21 PM

What a waste of time for the whole Monero community this would be! At that shady times we should show some support for the devs. I've just sent 20 XMR more to the dev wallet. Donate here: -> Monero Community Hall of Fame <-

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:18:58 PM

maybe for small fishes..

I'm not sure abut Euros, but in USD Monero is doing just fine. Current price 44c.  Remember this troll thread from almost a year ago???

Monero under 25 cents? What the hell are you waiting for?
medusa13

Activity: 453
Merit: 500

hello world

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:42:15 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 04:48:20 PM by medusa13

yes my portfolio is also keeping its usd value. and usd is performing good against my national currency.

BUT i am talking about XMRBTC. Not holding (enough) BTC and holding XMR instead caused me a huge loss in fiat terms. you can now say those losses (and gains) arent real and just hypothetical.
still, the current situation worries me. maybe its my fault and i am just overinvested, who knows.

sorry guys i am just frustrated today. had a very simple goal and if would've stayed in btc i would have already reached this goal.
i hate the system i live in and i need money to exit. i'm a trapped slave, even if i have a high salary. and yes i have time pressure because living inside the system is very unhealthy for me.

i just want to do the same like some of you guys...the times i was able to do so were happy times..enough money to live, still have money to invest/trade and have time to deal with stuff i am interested in (monero for example)

edit: i want to share, there are some numbers that do make me happy: http://moneroblocks.eu/stats

very good to see the 0 mixing trx count go down

XMR Monero
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 01:40:32 PM

That was then, this is now:

Monero under 50 cents? What the hell are you waiting for?

Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:32:28 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 03:32:38 PM by dnaleor

yes my portfolio is also keeping its usd value. and usd is performing good against my national currency.

BUT i am talking about XMRBTC. Not holding (enough) BTC and holding XMR instead caused me a huge loss in fiat terms. you can now say those losses (and gains) arent real and just hypothetical.
still, the current situation worries me. maybe its my fault and i am just overinvested, who knows.

sorry guys i am just frustrated today. had a very simple goal and if would've stayed in btc i would have already reached this goal.
i hate the system i live in and i need money to exit. i'm a trapped slave, even if i have a high salary. and yes i have time pressure because living inside the system is very unhealthy for me.

i just want to do the same like some of you guys...the times i was able to do so where happy times..enough money to live, still have money to invest/trade and have time to deal with stuff i am interested in (monero for example)

I know how you feel bro. Although I think as long as XMR keeps moving forward, we have a decent chance of gaining in BTC terms.

edit: I thought (and I'm guessing you to) that XMR wasn't just a random altcoin and therefor would have be less  "altcoin behavior".
If you look at the price though, it really looks like a pump and dump, and that is something I really hate. I really thought we would have more long term holders by now, but it seems some people decided to take their profit in BTC.

Maybe I overestimated the demand for a real privacy coin. But I'm pretty sure that fungibility issues will surface more in the coming months and years. If we as a community manage to get this project his rightful place under the spotlights, XMR still has a lot of potential. Monero isn't a pump&dump and has a community of people believing in this coin.

(for comparison, show me people in LTC who are long term holders. I'm guessing the vast majority is in it for BTC gains)
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:42:35 PM

It is just a matter of time when Monero stabilizes below 0.001.
Some months from now we might be happy to even get a rally all the way to 0.001.
Right now the future looks pretty dark.

However I am not encouraging anyone to play with leverage. It could be painful experience as the community might be able to maintain the current levels for some time. However, the patience will eventually pay off and the price start to decline.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:09:13 PM

the patience will eventually pay off and the price start to decline.

Thanks for being so explicit about your current position, that puts things you say into context for all those who don't know you.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:16:11 PM

That was then, this is now:

Monero under 50 cents? What the hell are you waiting for?

Cheesy

You're right maybe its time....
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:17:10 PM

Have a plan. Stick to it.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:12:18 AM

Have a plan. Stick to it.

yeah well... The thing is the big holders are "trapped" in a sense. I mean, cashing out even a few k now doesn't really make sense. If anything, this downtrend makes me a stronger holder and will probably sell LESS when it goes back to 0.004+ BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: