Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:30:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312371 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:09:48 PM

It sure looks that way  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:11:06 PM

Breakout?

Grin

Asks are down to 160k and bids up to 540 btc. I hope we can gain some momentum! Do you guys think it will break the previous tops @ 0.0058? Personally I think we first need some good news or update about the wallet before we can break that..

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:15:46 PM

Breakout?

Grin

Asks are down to 160k and bids up to 540 btc. I hope we can gain some momentum! Do you guys think it will break the previous tops @ 0.0058? Personally I think we first need some good news or update about the wallet before we can break that..

don't know,

could be a false break out. If not, we will probably touch 5.7-5.8 region and a pullback to 5.0-4.9 region maybe?
Just my "gut feeling"

I could be wrong, do your own analysis  Wink
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:53:37 PM

Well I lied again.  I bought more Monero today at 1% above the recent bottom if indeed it is a bottom.  Also bought at 3% above the last bottom.  I have no feel for tops as I only buy Grin  Now that I have finished buying, no I mean it this time, I will start looking for tops.

I don't think we will moon until Moneo is ready for prime time.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:58:14 PM

Well I lied again.  I bought more Monero today at 1% above the recent bottom if indeed it is a bottom.  Also bought at 3% above the last bottom.  I have no feel for tops as I only buy Grin  Now that I have finished buying, no I mean it this time, I will start looking for tops.

I don't think we will moon until Moneo is ready for prime time.

It's addictive. Soon you'll have all the Moneros. (And you are the one that makes the price go up at the bottoms, you make your own strategy work Tongue)
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:02:31 AM

Yes it is addictive but I'm not big enough to have much of an effect on price.  I've been buying brick by brick for a couple of months.  This hasn't built a castle but the third little pig would be proud.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:13:14 AM

Looks like we still have time to take off.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:15:49 AM

Monero is quite the addiction, lately I don't care much about my BTC stash. just collecting as much XMR as i can before it's too late!  

Sorry for posting what might be construed as a shill post, but I am genuinely enthusiastic.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:44:41 AM

Yes it is addictive but I'm not big enough to have much of an effect on price.  I've been buying brick by brick for a couple of months.  This hasn't built a castle but the third little pig would be proud.

Now that is the T-shirt I would use for XMR:  The third little pig.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:35:15 AM

Monero is quite the addiction, lately I don't care much about my BTC stash. just collecting as much XMR as i can before it's too late!  

Sorry for posting what might be construed as a shill post, but I am genuinely enthusiastic.

As a purely speculative instrument, I see Monero as a sure winner at this point, at least in the short-medium term.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:48:53 AM

It is strange to me how much hostility is volleyed between bbr and xmr speculators. 
The human compulsion to form mutually hostile camps has deluded them.
bbr and xmr correlate.  Any gain in xmr is a boon for bbr, and vv.

Right now. BBR is enjoying a gain in market cap nearly as great as XMR, leading to some impressive % gains.
I had to cover my last short and barely got out +ve.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
drawingthemoon

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:58:25 AM

It is strange to me how much hostility is volleyed between bbr and xmr speculators.  
bbr and xmr correlate.  Any gain in xmr is a boon for bbr, and vv.

Right now. BBR is enjoying a gain in market cap nearly as great as XMR, leading to some impressive % gains.

Who better to understand that hostility than you. Risto and you have been against BBR for months now, spreading false propaganda and FUD amongst the trollboxes/forum threads and tried to defame zoidberg, dismiss the technical advancements that is being done in BBR amongst a range of other hostilities about anyone and everything being done with Boolberry.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit with this hypocrisy.

The problem is that amongst all this, it is the little guy that is going to lose out. For weeks forces have been trying to financially kill Boolberry while the little guy was going all in with his 5-6 BTC in XMR because legends were telling them we are all going to the moon via endless shilling. And here we are, bragging about %gains, always the smart trader, oh the LIQUIDITY  Roll Eyes

Am I spamming? Report me!
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:53:47 AM

Who better to understand that hostility than you. Risto and you have been against BBR for months now, spreading false propaganda and FUD amongst the trollboxes/forum threads and tried to defame zoidberg, dismiss the technical advancements that is being done in BBR amongst a range of other hostilities about anyone and everything being done with Boolberry.

The problem is that amongst all this, it is the little guy that is going to lose out. For weeks forces have been trying to financially kill Boolberry while the little guy was going all in with his 5-6 BTC in XMR because legends were telling them we are all going to the moon via endless shilling. And here we are, bragging about %gains, always the smart trader, oh the LIQUIDITY  Roll Eyes

What are you talking about? I'd hardly call their actions as being against BBR. I would describe them as for XMR and most here spoke pretty highly of Zoidberg. The only negative I've seen mentioned is that he is a one man team. And this is a Monero thread so I don't even get your complaint.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
drawingthemoon

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:31:42 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 11:07:01 AM by drawingthemoon

The problem is that amongst all this, it is the little guy that is going to lose out. For weeks forces have been trying to financially kill Boolberry while the little guy was going all in with his 5-6 BTC in XMR because legends were telling them we are all going to the moon via endless shilling. And here we are, bragging about %gains, always the smart trader, oh the LIQUIDITY  Roll Eyes

What are you talking about? I'd hardly call their actions as being against BBR. I would describe them as for XMR and most here spoke pretty highly of Zoidberg. The only negative I've seen mentioned is that he is a one man team. And this is a Monero thread so I don't even get your complaint.

Wow another worshipper. This was not addressed to you. aminorex is capable of answering for himself.

And you are a low level peon. I could ask you to take a look at their post history, but you already knew that. And here is a QED from 2 hours ago

I got also in touch with HitBtc, urging them to stop withdrawals and trading. Further, I offered my time to help the Monero devs. I also decided to keep the options markets open so you can still hedge (although I am afk for the next 6 hours mostly).

This thread and poloniex trollbox are very full of otherwise not so prominent or active people that are now speaking doom concerning XMR. If they don't short it themselves (difficult), they either get paid for the FUD, or want the price to tank to buy back lower. Otherwise it does not make sense.

It has even been mentioned that BBR should increase in price as a result from an attack towards XMR code (which BBR itself also uses). This proposal is ridiculous, because either it has the same vulnerability and the attack was just directed to the more prominent coin, or BBR will suffer the same attack soon or be already suffering it without even noticing, OR that BBR insider(s) are behind the attack.

Note to newcomers: BBR is the only (non-XMR) cryptonote coin that is not conclusively proven to be lead by the original CN scamteam Wink

Any way I got in touch with XMR devs, result:
- no rollback necessary
- everything is asked to be halted because a non-standard block got to the blockchain and reason needs to be figured out
- When I asked "what exactly makes this a problem from a client side?", he said "because it appears to have caused a fork thereafter - we're busy investigating"

All of this when James was trying to get CZ to see if he could assist the XMR issue....

Keep on brown nosing. Riches are just down the road for your taking ...

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:16:25 AM

Please quote my newer post about taking back anything that can even be understood as being an attack against BBR/dev.

Or else your post may be found a little misleading.. Roll Eyes

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
drawingthemoon

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:28:39 AM

Please quote my newer post about taking back anything that can even be understood as being an attack against BBR/dev.

Your newer post offering a correction is misleading as it masks the train of thought that you have been engaged in for the past couple of months and perpetuated via brown nosing minions. Sure what you said couple of hours can be "taken back" as it might have been a heat of the moment thing, but the thought process is left for interpretation.

Anyways, smooth recommended we do not engage in coin vs coin debates. I agree with him. I just wish your minions do not force themselves into conversation. I had a legitimate set of questions for aminorex and would have preferred to have the dialogue with him, but just like we have seen for the last few months, a minion has to stick his leg and create a scene in order to prove his minionness.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:39:59 AM

Your newer post offering a correction is misleading as it masks the train of thought that you have been engaged in for the past couple of months and perpetuated via brown nosing minions. Sure what you said couple of hours can be "taken back" as it might have been a heat of the moment thing, but the thought process is left for interpretation.

Anyways, smooth recommended we do not engage in coin vs coin debates. I agree with him. I just wish your minions do not force themselves into conversation. I had a legitimate set of questions for aminorex and would have preferred to have the dialogue with him, but just like we have seen for the last few months, a minion has to stick his leg and create a scene in order to prove his minionness.

Your whole existence is dependent on the per post payment, you were created after the latest high to give an appearance that there is a host of people wishing XMR to nonexist, yet simultaneously trying to give an impression that it is insignificant.

I don't know anyone who enjoys your posting, except the Cheesus-Hexah sockpuppet line that like each other's posts as quickly as it is possible to log out and in.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
smooth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:46:32 AM

I haven't done any moderation yet but I'm going to start deleting these coin-vs-coin posts. Discussion of the price impact of the chain problem is on-topic. Discussion of the attack itself and especially coin-vs-coin politics is 100% off topic. Clean it up please.
drawingthemoon

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:48:41 AM

Your whole existence is dependent on the per post payment, you were created after the latest high to give an appearance that there is a host of people wishing XMR to nonexist, yet simultaneously trying to give an impression that it is insignificant.

I don't know anyone who enjoys your posting, except the Cheesus-Hexah sockpuppet line that like each other's posts as quickly as it is possible to log out and in.

Ok I am not in any way related to any of the Hexah sockpuppetry and I wish I could get paid to post, but I cannot be bought. There aren't enough money in any form to buy me, not in digital currencies or govt fiat. I couldn't let aminorex get away with that hypocrisy while I have watched him make fun of zoidberg (he calls him Andrey, the botnet op in this forum and on Polo) as well as ridicule the technical whitepaper he authored and be generally dismissive of BBR.

I understand that there is tension at the moment because of the blockchain attacks and it's ramifications, so I will let this one go.

drawingthemoon

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:50:02 AM

I haven't done any moderation yet but I'm going to start deleting these coin-vs-coin posts. Discussion of the price impact of the chain problem is on-topic. Discussion of the attack itself and especially coin-vs-coin politics is 100% off topic. Clean it up please.

I am done with my responses. Please accept my apology and kindly do not remove my comments. It is important that aminorex gets it, even though I have done a poor job of bringing out what I wanted to articulate.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: