Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 482 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining USA/DE 255 blocks solved!  (Read 1514107 times)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 04:32:10 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 05:45:57 AM by -ck

Will be restarting the pool shortly to reset the pool's best share values and incorporate a minor bugfix. Your best diff values will be reset along with this. It turns out that it resets the shares after a block is found but because of DE's remote shares being sent after the block solve data, the remote share may be seen after the blocksolve setting the best share again. This happened since I sped up the block propagation code between the pools dramatically. This means I may have to manually reset it when a DE block occurs again in the future, but I've built provision for manually resetting best shares to be able to do it without restarting now.

EDIT: All complete.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 10:18:41 PM

If -- no WHEN I solve a block, will the good news appear in my stats at http://solo.ckpool.org/users/? Other than monitoring cgminer, is there anyway to know that I hit the jackpot? Or do 12.5 BTC just magically appear in my wallet?
The money will magically appear in your wallet before any other notification since you get it as soon as it's solved directly to your wallet address.

I wonder if there'd be a demand for a no-frills pool like this one for regular miners that does ordinary PPLNS payments? There seems to be little demand for new pools these days but perhaps there is a need for something people can set and forget like this solo pool that will take miners of any size and create coinbase payments like the solo pool does with a baseline ckpool code fee like 0.5%. I'd rather not take any hashrate away from the existing small pools but perhaps it might encourage more people to not automatically choose large pools if they have small hashrates, and might go some more way towards helping activate bitcoin core changes. What do miners think?

-ck
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:47:39 PM

If -- no WHEN I solve a block, will the good news appear in my stats at http://solo.ckpool.org/users/? Other than monitoring cgminer, is there anyway to know that I hit the jackpot? Or do 12.5 BTC just magically appear in my wallet?
The money will magically appear in your wallet before any other notification since you get it as soon as it's solved directly to your wallet address.

I wonder if there'd be a demand for a no-frills pool like this one for regular miners that does ordinary PPLNS payments? There seems to be little demand for new pools these days but perhaps there is a need for something people can set and forget like this solo pool that will take miners of any size and create coinbase payments like the solo pool does with a baseline ckpool code fee like 0.5%. I'd rather not take any hashrate away from the existing small pools but perhaps it might encourage more people to not automatically choose large pools if they have small hashrates, and might go some more way towards helping activate bitcoin core changes. What do miners think?

you are basically talking about kanos pool lol

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 10:49:14 PM

you are basically talking about kanos pool lol

No I'm not. His pool is not a no-frills pool, having full featured statistics and a proper web GUI front end, nor is it signalling segwit, and is higher fee and does not pay out minuscule miners. Would it be competing? Yes and no, since they'd be offering something different.

-ck
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 11:21:00 PM

What do miners think?
For all the reasons you gave I say go for it.
Yes is nice pointing my Sidehack sticks at the solo lottery but -- I can see low hash rate folks wanting a shot at pool earnings.
As you said, Kano loves my multi-THs s7, 9, A741's, etc., but forget pointing sticks at it.

Actually, not sure if KanoPool would even still like s1's or Sidehacks's upcoming Pod (>150GHs). Does it?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 11:26:25 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 02:03:20 AM by -ck

Actually, not sure if it would even still like s1's or Sidehacks's upcoming Pod (>150GHs). Does it?
There would be no lower limit to hashrate, but it means some miners may end up with extremely small payouts. There would be no reserve whatsoever and no transactions for payouts with everything being paid out proportionately with each block find as a generation transaction - kind of like an extended version of what happens with this current solo pool. Of course if it only attracts small miners it may never get large enough to have consistent block finds but at least if/when a block is found everyone will get their share. It would have similar no-frills statistics as per the solo pool but with the extra information of expected reward.

-ck
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 11:31:57 PM

heh! Wadda ya know. Just checked and one of the blocks found on KanoPool today was from a user with 0.89TH/s! I guess the pool does still take maybe even as low as s1/3's?
But talk about a small % of payout...

How would you handle Whales dropping in to the pool and swamping out the small fry?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
PublicP2poolNode

Activity: 347
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:36:35 AM

I'd like to see a hybrid solomining pool, where you get your fee for running the pool, the block finder gets 50% and the rest is distributed to the other miners.

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:14:08 AM

I'd like to see a hybrid solomining pool, where you get your fee for running the pool, the block finder gets 50% and the rest is distributed to the other miners.

Im with P2P on that, 50% to block finder and distribute rest, plus your .5% plus the usual donation from block finder lol. 
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 02:54:16 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 04:05:06 AM by -ck

Im with P2P on that, 50% to block finder and distribute rest, plus your .5% plus the usual donation from block finder lol.  
If you put half your hashrate in a solo pool and half in a pplns pool then over the (very) long term you achieve the same thing and I suspect the vast majority of miners wouldn't want that scheme you're requesting (though I could be wrong.)

-ck
chillfactr

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:29:23 AM

If you put half your hashrate in a solo pool and half in a pplns pool then over the (very) long term you achieve the same thing and I suspect the vast majority of miners wouldn't want that scheme you're requesting (though I could be wrong.)

But if most of the miners are not big riggers like myself, wanna chance it on a pool that is basically solo, but will have some kind of reward if a block is hit would keep me mining on it.   lets just say the pool block finder gets 50% of block and rest is split by hashrate of course, im totally cool with that,  if a miner does not want to share his pool then he/she can stay on solo pool and chance it. 

Sounds good but is it doable? is the main question, and what would xtra cost be on top of dedicating the server to such a pool?
usernamehere

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:34:38 AM

heh! Wadda ya know. Just checked and one of the blocks found on KanoPool today was from a user with 0.89TH/s! I guess the pool does still take maybe even as low as s1/3's?
But talk about a small % of payout...

How would you handle Whales dropping in to the pool and swamping out the small fry?

I don't see how this would be any different if the whales were mining on any other pool.

Home Miner - Block #456763 on Kano.is
Eagleone

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:47:04 AM

Solo = cheap / free / commercial power
pool = expensive power / residential situation

Pick one

There is no try...

Only Do or Do not!
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 04:56:55 AM

Sounds good but is it doable? is the main question, and what would xtra cost be on top of dedicating the server to such a pool?

Cost to whom, me? Code time. I wouldn't have time to start on it for a few weeks anyway but I wanted the idea to get out there and get aired. I'm happy to shelve the idea if interest is low (there are plenty of other ideas I've thought up but never tackled.)

-ck
chillfactr

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:04:59 AM

Cost to whom, me? Code time. I wouldn't have time to start on it for a few weeks anyway but I wanted the idea to get out there and get aired

But wont you have to dedicate a server for such a pool,  and bandwidth?

I'm happy to shelve the idea if interest is low (there are plenty of other ideas I've thought up but never tackled.)

shoot out some other ideas lets get them on the shelf
PublicP2poolNode

Activity: 347
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:20:13 PM

true, but the pool you're talking about making is pplns with coinbase payouts, which I really like, but I also like solomining.

The only pool I know of that gives an extra reward to the block finder is p2pool which also pays via coinbase transactions but the block reward is only 0.5%

After sleeping on it a bit I'm now thinking that I would like to recommend the hybrid pool I mentioned but with the block finder receiving 10% rather than 50%

No other pool offers this so it would stand out amongst the other pools.

Also, for those of us who like to rent hashpower to solomine, it would reduce our variance quite a bit and let us stay in the game longer during periods of bad luck.

It'd be similar to the solo groups that have been popular on this site periodically over the last couple of years.

I could see someone with a low hashrate who would rather have a little of something rather than a lot of nothing but who wouldn't mind earning on average ten percent less than they would on a traditional pplns pool with the excitement of knowing that if they find the block they'd recieve a really fun payout.

Personally I think it's a great idea and would love to see it made Smiley

The tricky part would be that the block finder should get ten percent on top of pplns shares. That way if the block finder had 90% of the hashrate it wouldn't be fair if he only got 10% of the rewards.

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
SA Bitcoin Brothers

Activity: 112
Merit: 18

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:11:07 PM

How many hashpower do you need to go solo and make it worth your while?
moe7865

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:30:04 PM

How many hashpower do you need to go solo and make it worth your while?

I'd say around 2PH+ would be a good amount. Otherwise, if you looking for bigger payouts mine on a smaller pool Smiley
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 09:46:56 PM

true, but the pool you're talking about making is pplns with coinbase payouts, which I really like, but I also like solomining.

If I make a coinbase payout pplns pool you can split your hashrate however you like between my 2 pools Wink

-ck
chillfactr

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:10:05 AM

If I make a coinbase payout pplns pool you can split your hashrate however you like between my 2 pools Wink

if you do decide to make the pplns pool, around when would it be up and running?
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 482 »
  Print  

Jump to: