Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 482 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [∞ YH] solo.ckpool.org 2% fee solo mining USA/DE 255 blocks solved!  (Read 1514104 times)
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:29:13 PM

Thanks, that likely explains it.
I do not know how long (sad but true), I just bought some miners for my kids and pointed them here while I was setting up all our miners on Kano so it might be a month but I would believe it may only be two weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 06:36:49 AM

I do not know how long (sad but true), I just bought some miners for my kids and pointed them here while I was setting up all our miners on Kano so it might be a month but I would believe it may only be two weeks.

Getting your kiddos into an expensive hobby.   atleast they getting a foot in the door and not coming in blind
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:20:38 PM

Getting your kiddos into an expensive hobby.   atleast they getting a foot in the door and not coming in blind

It is not a hobby.  Bear with me Con (I know it is off topic but I will only post once).  Bitcoin has far better tax consequences than the crooked 529 plans most people use for college savings.
In the USA, you can gift your kids up to $14,000 per year.   So, when you do your 2016 taxes (assuming you have filed an extension), you would record the day of the year in 2016 you gave them XX BTC (worth $14,000 or less).    You would file the return and print and retain a copy for later.

My kids are 11 and 13.  Their fidelity 529 "grows tax free" but returns almost nothing (nowhere near market).   When they get to college, they can use that money tax free.

What is BETTER (and has worked out better SO FAR), is that I gift each one of them $14,000 worth of bitcoin and they own it at the price of the gift.   The 2016 gift was around $450 per coin.   Now when they get to college (or if they choose to do something else), they can sell the coins and only pay capital gains taxes.

Capital Gains taxes are currently ZERO percent as long as your income is under $37,950.   That means they can sell enough coins to havea $37,950 gain each year at college and pay NO TAX on it.   This is a great college savings plan.

This year the miners pointed at SOLO will be part of the gift and if they hit a block, all the better.

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:59:10 AM

By the way, if you've all only been remotely watching the scaling debate from a distance, segwit2x appears to truly gaining enough traction to bring segwit activation to the fore.

The pools that signed the agreement just started signalling for it and it is taking off faster than any other scaling signalling. See:
https://coin.dance/blocks

Unlike the original proposal, it includes BIP91 meaning it is compatible with core's segwit now. The rapid adoption of segwit2x, which with the addition of BIP91 means that miner activated segwit is now likely on the horizon at last, and since there is overwhelming support for it and the associated 2MB hardfork in the future, that may also follow.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
CardShare

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 12:47:48 PM

By the way, if you've all only been remotely watching the scaling debate from a distance, segwit2x appears to truly gaining enough traction to bring segwit activation to the fore.

The pools that signed the agreement just started signalling for it and it is taking off faster than any other scaling signalling. See:

Unlike the original proposal, it includes BIP91 meaning it is compatible with core's segwit now. The rapid adoption of segwit2x, which with the addition of BIP91 means that miner activated segwit is now likely on the horizon at last, and since there is overwhelming support for it and the associated 2MB hardfork in the future, that may also follow.

CK,  From what you have seen over the years what do you think the activation of this would bring for the network?

Some are saying that we could possibly see a revert to 2014 / ish year difficulty drop if bitmain follow through with there "intended" plans?

What is you view on it and how do you see it being played out?

Thanks

https://Investex.Pro  - Green Mining Operations & Mining Store...
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:55:02 PM

What does this mean for current ASIC miners?

-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 01:22:21 PM

CK,  From what you have seen over the years what do you think the activation of this would bring for the network?

Some are saying that we could possibly see a revert to 2014 / ish year difficulty drop if bitmain follow through with there "intended" plans?

Thanks
What I see happening is BIP148 user activated soft fork will be a miserable failure but it won't matter. By that stage most pools will be signalling segwit thanks to segwit2x. Segwit will get activated and then fees will remain low, blockstream will not commandeer the blockchain, lightning network will not centralise transactions, nothing bad will happen and everyone will wonder what the fuck all the fuss was about. There will be no need for antpool with Jihan at the helm to create an aggressive hard fork against UASF; that was always a bullshit powerplay "I want my lollipop back" from Jihan as a counterthreat to UASF which hasn't got anywhere near enough traction to be relevant anyway. So nothing will happen to diff, there will be no fork, there will be no change of PoW. Forget the talk of diff drop to 2014 levels; that's off the cards entirely. The confidence that consensus will instil in the market will be reflected by yet more BTC value increases... till the next phase. The fun part is now that most of the pools are agreeing on what to signal next, transaction fees have suddenly plummeted due to total transactions plummeting - which means it's almost certain that someone amongst the pool groups was the architect behind the transaction flood which made it look like there was a transaction block space crisis. There's no economic reason for the total number of transactions to crash the way they have over the last week with BTC value being so strong right now.

After that people will be left scratching their heads wondering if we even need a 2MB block size increase at this time, but because all the pools made such a fuss about it, we'll have our next debate, but the pools have already insisted they want a block size increase and signed the NYA. I'm not sure how core will respond at that stage because that will be the true test of whether the miners can effect a change in consensus - but despite all the anti-core rhetoric, core dev has always overwhelmingly said they would do a block size increase but with a much slower time frame than that proposed by segwit2x simply because the regression testing required to confirm a hard fork is safe is substantial. I predict we'll get a 2MB base blocksize increase as well, though how and when I can't tell at this stage.

By the way, the current segwit2x "signalling" is just a show of support in their coinbase signature and doesn't change the way anything operates. However what it is saying is that they will be actively signalling from mid-July for segwit.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 01:25:37 PM

What does this mean for current ASIC miners?
Absolutely no change in any way. The only thing it means is if you are on a pool that isn't signalling segwit after mid July, and more than 80% of the network is signalling segwit by then, your pool's blocks will all be invalidated.

-ck
CardShare

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 01:28:27 PM

CK,  From what you have seen over the years what do you think the activation of this would bring for the network?

Thanks
What I see happening is BIP148 user activated soft fork will be a miserable failure but it won't matter. By that stage most pools will be signalling segwit thanks to segwit2x. Segwit will get activated and then fees will remain low, blockstream will not commandeer the blockchain, lightning network will not centralise transactions, nothing bad will happen and everyone will wonder what the fuck all the fuss was about. There will be no need for antpool with Jihan at the helm to create an aggressive hard fork against UASF; that was always a bullshit powerplay "I want my lollipop back" from Jihan as a counterthreat to UASF which hasn't got anywhere near enough traction to be relevant anyway. So nothing will happen to diff, there will be no fork, there will be no change of PoW. Forget the talk of diff drop to 2014 levels; that's off the cards entirely. The confidence that consensus will instil in the market will be reflected by yet more BTC value increases... till the next phase. The fun part is now that most of the pools are agreeing on what to signal next, transaction fees have suddenly plummeted due to total transactions plummeting - which means it's almost certain that someone amongst the pool groups was the architect behind the transaction flood which made it look like there was a transaction block space crisis. There's no economic reason for the total number of transactions to crash the way they have over the last week with BTC value being so strong right now.

After that people will be left scratching their heads wondering if we even need a 2MB block size increase at this time, but because all the pools made such a fuss about it, we'll have our next debate, but the pools have already insisted they want a block size increase and signed the NYA. I'm not sure how core will respond at that stage because that will be the true test of whether the miners can effect a change in consensus - but despite all the anti-core rhetoric, core dev has always overwhelmingly said they would do a block size increase but with a much slower time frame than that proposed by segwit2x simply because the regression testing required to confirm a hard fork is safe is substantial. I predict we'll get a 2MB base blocksize increase as well, though how and when I can't tell at this stage.

By the way, the current segwit2x "signalling" is just a show of support in their coinbase signature and doesn't change the way anything operates. However what it is saying is that they will be actively signalling from mid-July for segwit.

Said like a true champ!

Thanks.

Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:37:18 PM

What I see happening is BIP148 user activated soft fork will be a miserable failure but it won't matter.

I feel that if SegWit is activated, no matter the method, UASF BIP148 is success.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:04:02 PM

There is no "if SegWit is activated"; the only questions have ever been "When?" and "What next?"

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 06:49:44 AM

What I see happening is BIP148 user activated soft fork will be a miserable failure but it won't matter.

I feel that if SegWit is activated, no matter the method, UASF BIP148 is success.
Indeed it has achieved its aim which is to threaten miners into submission. To that end it has been successful and must continue to exist and appear to have support until segwit really does get activated.

-ck
CardShare

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 07:00:15 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2017, 01:23:56 AM by CardShare

Came home saw this on the miners screen FoundBlocks 1 - Got very excited!

Can't seem to see any payout though?

Also this is a old S3 which was even more of a surprise!

ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:11:27 PM

That shows a best share of less than 6.2 million; if you found a block, it wasn't a Bitcoin block (which has a diff of over 711 million). An error in the Antminer firmware, maybe?

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
CardShare

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 07:13:55 PM

That shows a best share of less than 6.2 million; if you found a block, it wasn't a Bitcoin block (which has a diff of 711,697,198,173). An error in the Antminer firmware, maybe?

Just a little off then the mark then lol.

I was thinking that as there seems to be a lot of HW errors also.  Dam... Was well excited when I saw that.

I also flashed the firmware about a week ago it seems to be better since then. Ill keep her rolling Smiley

Jannu703

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 07:26:41 PM

In the first post you said "All you need to confirm you are mining to your own address is to examine the coinbase and template sent to you over stratum."

How would one go about viewing the data sent to a miner over stratum?
Start cgminer in debug mode and dump the output to a log. Adding the options: -D -P -T 2>log.txt
Cgminer gives a hex dump of all the stratum fields, you can examine the coinbase fields. The part of the coinbase that determines which wallet you are mining to doesn't change for the life of a stratum connection.

I'm beginner with solo mining and using blackarrow prospere x1 for this..
How i should config my device for "All you need to confirm you are mining to your own address is to examine the coinbase and template sent to you over stratum."  Huh
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 10:16:52 PM

Bitmain's cgminer fork is quite broken with respect to block finding detection.

-ck
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 10:19:08 PM

I'm beginner with solo mining and using blackarrow prospere x1 for this..
How i should config my device for "All you need to confirm you are mining to your own address is to examine the coinbase and template sent to you over stratum."  Huh
You can't do it with your hardware, you need software that can do it for you. If you build the latest cgminer from git you can use the --decode option (which needs bitcoind running as well as the first pool). Otherwise you have to extract the coinbase from stratum through some other means and feed it into bitcoind to decode the hex.

-ck
Stonereth

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 05:14:28 AM

@-ck I have an s7 running;   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Thu Dec 3 16:07:54 CST 2015
Cgminer Version   4.8.0

is this possible to crack a block or do I need to update? Thank you much...
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2017, 05:16:37 AM

@-ck I have an s7 running;   Linux 3.8.13 #22 SMP Tue Dec 2 15:26:11 CST 2014
File System Version   Thu Dec 3 16:07:54 CST 2015
Cgminer Version   4.8.0

is this possible to crack a block or do I need to update? Thank you much...
It is still possible. Extremely unlikely but still possible. Updating won't increase your chances of finding a block unless you get more powerful hardware.

-ck
Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 482 »
  Print  

Jump to: