Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:38:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 261 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRW] CROWN (MN-PoS) | Platform | NFT framework | Governance | Masternodes  (Read 316607 times)
TheHiveMind

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:00:23 PM

We see a lot has been going on. Price is still cheap for getting on board with a good number of nodes.

We are excited for future progress.

~ The Hive ~
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sitonmythrone

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:12:53 PM

what happen here

see whale hive come back

whale hive stupid talk plural

me think crw super moon come soon wallet website

Send SPR Dev Jail NOW
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 04:04:06 PM

I think we can end the poll, looks like Crown Satoshi (cSat) takes it with 66%
We will also use Lucd88 suggestion for all the other denominations.

Thanks for everyone's input!
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 08:36:27 AM

I'm having a bit of a bromance moment watching our slack Dev channel.

Infernoman is a freaking bug squashing machine! He never sleeps, and just churns out the fixes. I have huge respect for his skills.

I thought we were a little short in some areas of Dev expertise on his project but I'm not so sure now. At least the gaps are getting smaller.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:27:11 PM

I'm just building the Linux QT.  Or at least I will be soon.

Which repository should I be using?
infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:31:45 PM

Currently we're on the dash-merge-0.12.0.x branch. Later this week we'll be moving everything into the master repo.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 04:47:04 PM

Currently we're on the dash-merge-0.12.0.x branch. Later this week we'll be moving everything into the master repo.

Ta.  Compiling
bigmo

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 09:48:50 PM

Today the team had a skype meeting and decided to choose the date for release of the new Client/Qt/Website/OP/Sig

This will be the
30/01/2017

This should give everyone time to prepare for the updates.

I've put together a small list of media outlets that we can send our announcement out to (Please add any I missed)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MxiFEm1gLI03baGmC7qXRhfRJYSoUtiAjftdr9pe8u8/edit?usp=sharing

I should be able to get your press release directly to a few good bitcoin journalists - just to name a few - Jamie Redman, news.bitcon , Kyle Torpey - bitcoinmagazine , Bitcoin Rush - Youtube show and few others.

In the first phase we can use my/our contact resources and afterwards you can consider some paid press release submission. - Coindesk, CCN etc.

If you are interested I´m able to contribute some time and efforts towards the press release distribution to the right hands..

Hey man, you promised you will help list Crown on a decentralized exchange - We have not heard from you since then, I am not sure if you mean this seriously  Wink
Well, I´m definitely ready to move this forward. As I mentioned I´m just waiting for the new code and website to be released.
Also the submission to wallet-generator is waiting just for the new code and website release - I will need the logo.

You can send me Slack invitation where we can discuss more details about everything where I can be heplful.
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2017, 11:13:42 PM

Today the team had a skype meeting and decided to choose the date for release of the new Client/Qt/Website/OP/Sig

This will be the
30/01/2017

I've put together a small list of media outlets that we can send our announcement out to (Please add any I missed)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MxiFEm1gLI03baGmC7qXRhfRJYSoUtiAjftdr9pe8u8/edit?usp=sharing

I should be able to get your press release directly to a few good bitcoin journalists - just to name a few - Jamie Redman, news.bitcon , Kyle Torpey - bitcoinmagazine , Bitcoin Rush - Youtube show and few others.

In the first phase we can use my/our contact resources and afterwards you can consider some paid press release submission. - Coindesk, CCN etc.

If you are interested I´m able to contribute some time and efforts towards the press release distribution to the right hands..

Hey man, you promised you will help list Crown on a decentralized exchange - We have not heard from you since then, I am not sure if you mean this seriously  Wink
Well, I´m definitely ready to move this forward. As I mentioned I´m just waiting for the new code and website to be released.
Also the submission to wallet-generator is waiting just for the new code and website release - I will need the logo.

You can send me Slack invitation where we can discuss more details about everything where I can be heplful.

Well thanks for your effort, you seem to want to help us out Smiley

Can you send me your email, i'll get you added asap.

We do try to direct the conversation here rather than slack, slack is just too easy.
bigmo

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 26, 2017, 01:47:50 PM

This will be the
30/01/2017

Well thanks for your effort, you seem to want to help us out Smiley

Can you send me your email, i'll get you added asap.

We do try to direct the conversation here rather than slack, slack is just too easy.

Yes, there are definitely few areas where I can be helpful.

Sent you a PM with my email.

I understand and also it is good to keep the thread growing and show there is some action going on behind the scenes:-)

urban_idler

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:36:41 PM

okay, just a general data ethics question I have been thinking about in the context of how one might want to approach and engage the techno-surveillance state which has emerged in the developed world.

my gut is that an underlying principle should be that no data should be collected if it's existence poses an a-symmetric risk -- without reference to theoretical benefit.

the problem with the ethics of collecting data on people isn't the potential daily efficiencies -- but the periodic catastrophic risk.  the risk of the information being used in mass behavioral experiments with unwitting participants (facebook), the risk a foreign power will hack in and steal the data using it to undermine a domestic state (what all major governments seem to enjoy doing to each other), etc, etc.  This is before getting to the individual and personal risks.

this is an ethical problem which should be considered in the design phase of every software project.  the low cost of logging and storage has resulted in the retention of enormous amounts of data -- much of which is best forgotten -- for both the subjects as well as the entity holding the data. 

now some folks from MIT and other places have proposals for how we should be able to monetize ourselves and own our data and profit from the manipulation of our choices and lives.  it's a strange sort of idea which books have been written about (pentland) without stepping back to consider the ethics of this techno-indentured-servitude. 

I guess that is a future that we could build for ourselves -- but it seems like it would be more useful to step back and start thinking about how we would put together the amazing pieces of technology which we have, if we were to do it knowing what we know now -- with clear ethical principles which value humans, individuals and their freedom and creativity above all else.

I think that in terms of data collected you end up with a sort of "data architect's Hippocratic oath" which states that you will not design a system where the loss of it's data results in an asymmetric risk for anyone.... and then when you start to pencil this out it starts to feel like Kerckhoff's principle or Shannon's maxim... because what you have to assume at the design level is that whatever data you might collect will be hacked -- and then it may as well be open... You assume that the enemy knows you design and any data that you collect -- and you may collect less data on yourself and others... you collect just enough data to maintain stability, and nothing more.

urban_idler

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 10:44:04 PM

this logic also means you want to run less, not more through the blockchain -- while enabling the p2p protocols and encryption services in a bitcoin or crypto node to do more -- but just not keep it on the permanent record of the blockchain.

worth thinking about -- because it starts to make ideas like a DAO look silly... my beginning data/computing ethics assumption has to be that it will be hacked -- and if it is then what happens?  well it's a permanent entity so the logical consequence is, well, what we already have an example of.  we have a logical proof of why the #2 crypto system isn't logically sound because it uses bad assumptions...

but I understand why folks get excited about that... it is the creation of the machine as a god, and this appeals to a lot of folks for whom machines have been more trustworthy than people.

and there is nothing wrong with the idea -- it's just logically impossible to implement reliably -- you have to make assumptions and abstractions that leak in a system that needs to be water tight.

sitonmythrone

Activity: 180

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:27:57 PM

coin name worm yet?

Send SPR Dev Jail NOW
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2017, 11:51:28 PM

coin name worm yet?

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/12652/crown-core-update-release  Smiley
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 01:07:39 PM

this logic also means you want to run less, not more through the blockchain -- while enabling the p2p protocols and encryption services in a bitcoin or crypto node to do more -- but just not keep it on the permanent record of the blockchain.

worth thinking about -- because it starts to make ideas like a DAO look silly... my beginning data/computing ethics assumption has to be that it will be hacked -- and if it is then what happens?  well it's a permanent entity so the logical consequence is, well, what we already have an example of.  we have a logical proof of why the #2 crypto system isn't logically sound because it uses bad assumptions...

but I understand why folks get excited about that... it is the creation of the machine as a god, and this appeals to a lot of folks for whom machines have been more trustworthy than people.

and there is nothing wrong with the idea -- it's just logically impossible to implement reliably -- you have to make assumptions and abstractions that leak in a system that needs to be water tight.

Some interesting points in your ideas urban_idler. As protectionism and nationalism rises in the real world, the open economy will move to the code. This is already happening, just look at our team. This is the biggest opportunity for crypto. It will become a place where people will be able to do business and exchange the created values under an open, fair, efficient and free system making this possible for them.

We will hold strong and not back down on our moral ideals. The code is a good servant but a bad master as seen in the Robocop or Tron movies.  Smiley

entropycoin

Activity: 171

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:00:06 PM

My interest is peaked wit this project as I have a lot of respect for members of this community. Which exchange has the most liquidity?

DRK: Xi2c97ZMtfU2nMeJkY1kD1Ry3tmRnnQfHP
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 10:03:20 PM

My interest is peaked wit this project as I have a lot of respect for members of this community. Which exchange has the most liquidity?

Thanks for the kind words. C-Cex is basically the only choice. Hoping to change that soon.
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2017, 10:13:35 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2017, 07:10:32 AM by crowncoin_knight

I a so happy with the identity of the new website, everything getting ready for Monday, almost there. I hope we can get our crown.services domain holding get into business soon too! The question is, what is the future service for crypto? Ideas exchange, fair play domain exchange, moral values exchange or what do people need to exchange in order to get real value back and trade? Very hard question guys, no cyrpto project found the answer yet...

Any smart guys around here?  Wink

urban_idler

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 12:56:27 AM

Some interesting points in your ideas urban_idler. As protectionism and nationalism rises in the real world, the open economy will move to the code. This is already happening, just look at our team. This is the biggest opportunity for crypto. It will become a place where people will be able to do business and exchange the created values under an open, fair, efficient and free system making this possible for them.

We will hold strong and not back down on our moral ideals. The code is a good servant but a bad master as seen in the Robocop or Tron movies.  Smiley

The simple formulation would be that if we want a system to be humane, we have to inject some humanity into it.

The key problem with many governance structures, and one can argue a key issue with many trade policies - is that they lack any concept of humanity or compassion -- but are motivated by a cold economic calculus, which is portrayed as a sort of competitive inevitability.  But we know this isn't true because the economic arguments tend to shift like sand in front of a brisk wind blown to benefit those in power.  

So we are all very familiar with the lack of humanity -- and this lack of humanity is much easier for us to imagine than anything else, because it has defined much of our history.  As Yuval Noah Harari points out -- we were not only the most imaginative -- but also the most murderous of the human subspecies and that was a key reason we are the only one left from the multiple species which existed 50,000 - 100,000 years ago.  

But the challenge is if we can step back and imagine something different -- not machines in control -- not anyone in control... but a system.. so not chaos either.  

My guess is that a segment of the population will go with the Facebook/VR model and collapse into code or virtual worlds -- and the virtual worlds will be cool, but the machines in virtual worlds will always be ahead of the human -- the human in virtual reality is effectively the mouse and the code or machines are the cat.  This is the structure of the thing -- and sci-fi has kind of glossed over the speed differentials between neurons and circuits, because it screws up the stories.

But another segment of the population will embrace solutions which cause the code to effectively disappear -- this is the model of the code not owning us and enveloping us -- but of the code enabling humans.  If we need a corporate exemplar following this strategy it is Amazon -- the Alexa interaction model is moving toward how we interact with each other, not forcing us to move into another reality...

Crown is functionally agnostic about this divide although I personally prefer the latter model.  But Crown would play a role either way -- as VR comes of age, you may not entirely trust Facebook's or Microsoft's servers, or some people may want to create their own worlds.  And if they live where it is difficult to have a bank account, but easy to have an imagination -- they could create that world in Crown.  From a purely business perspective -- this is the arbitrage opportunity -- to lower the cost of entry into the cloud, both as a provider and as a participant.

And not in a narrow way - but with a general toolset, and a few simple guiding principles.

Another key is that platforms are great businesses -- but what if you introduced a general purpose platform but didn't run the platform as the point at which to try to extract profit?  What if you built the platform and just let the benefits flow through to the nodes?  Then you let the competition happen in how services where provided at the network end points -- not by charging tolls along the way.  Now, traditional businesses can't do this -- they are actually legally required to produce a return on capital for their investors... but open source projects can run this experiment.  And the way the experiment should work -- is that the same business which doesn't have to pay a "platform tax" or several platform taxes (Visa, Oracle, Microsoft, Apple, etc) will be more profitable while being able to charge lower prices -- so everyone benefits.  And the benefit comes from the absence of a need for the platform to produce a return.

What puzzles me about the Bitcoins folks is that Visa now owns large parts of that ecosystem.  And then the mining is in China and concentrated in a totalitarian state.  The currency has been captured on both ends -- mining and consumer... and captured by two of the largest platform tax entities in existence -- so it will be difficult for it to wriggle free.  In response to this issue there is a sort of cry, sounding almost like Golem chasing a golden ring... that the bitcoin blockchain is somehow sacred.  The one true chain.  

But if we look at evolution, nature iterates and so it's probably reasonable for the coin ecosystem to do the same -- iterate and experiment.  So that's what we're doing.

According to privacytools.io, the Czech Republic is one of the places where they can't make you cough up your keys -- that and Poland, which is where the CCEX guys are I believe.  I may be that the eastern European states, as a result of having been caught between great powers, have a better understanding of freedom than American or the UK, who may have gotten to comfortable with the advantages economic might has given them.  We see what may have been an obvious structural error in American creating a massive surveillance state which reports only to the president -- just as a logical exercise, this institutional structure then means that American freedom is then only as strong as the president wants it to be -- and any first grader could do that institutional analysis.

All different sorts of threads to pull together...

and more ways to screw up than there are to succeed -- but Crown will be an interesting experiment and we welcome everyone with a stubbornness of purpose, a willingness to work and anything more than modest ability to join the community and the effort.

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2017, 08:44:07 AM

According to privacytools.io, the Czech Republic is one of the places where they can't make you cough up your keys -- that and Poland, which is where the CCEX guys are I believe.  I may be that the eastern European states, as a result of having been caught between great powers, have a better understanding of freedom than American or the UK, who may have gotten to comfortable with the advantages economic might has given them.  

https://www.privacytools.io/#kdl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_disclosure_law#Czech_Republic

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 261 »
  Print  

Jump to: