Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115841 times)
TaShoKi

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 01:57:57 AM

One of the best blog-posts I've seen so far about Factom:

Factom Review - Blockchains in Suits
https://steemit.com/blockchain/@iainc/factom-review-blockchains-in-suits

Everybody who is new to this: Very good overview/summary about this project!
cleverly written everything. it was interesting to read

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:35:56 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2016, 03:13:12 AM by tempus

Interesting speculation on reddit:

Pretty obvious... Ernst & Young / Factom partnership will be announced in a couple of hours
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/5470pa/pretty_obvious_ernst_young_factom_partnership/

I'm not so sure, but maybe he has a point, because Ernst & Young really is very interested in Blockchain.

And what is also interesting: Host of the "2nd Blockchain Summit" is the Wanxiang Group which is already connected to Factom because of DataYes:

About DataYes
DataYes is China’s first open and big data information platform, curating both structured and unstructured data from across the globe covering key economic metrics as well as industry, company, e-commerce, search and social media data. It is a treasure box full of raw materials for artificial intelligence and quantitative investment research. DataYes is China’s leading edge financial technology company founded by a group of experts in the fields of finance and internet technology. It is invested by Wanxiang Group, one of China’s largest non-state-owned conglomerate. DataYes’ headquarter is located in Shanghai Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone, and has an office in Silicon Valley. For more information on DataYes, visit datayes.com.

https://www.factom.com/blog/datayes-factom-announce-collaboration

At least this rumor is enough to get the price a little bit up because there is a lot of talking about it on Polo. ;-)
Pap0u

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:12:41 AM

Factom is so incredibly price supressed it's sickening. They are trying real hard to shake weak hands. I absolutely adore the dumps, never thought my low ball buy orders would be filled.

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 07:24:46 AM

Pretty obvious... Ernst & Young / Factom partnership will be announced in a couple of hours
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/5470pa/pretty_obvious_ernst_young_factom_partnership/

I'm not so sure, but maybe he has a point, because Ernst & Young really is very interested in Blockchain.

And what is also interesting: Host of the "2nd Blockchain Summit" is the Wanxiang Group which is already connected to Factom because of DataYes:

About DataYes
DataYes is China’s first open and big data information platform, curating both structured and unstructured data from across the globe covering key economic metrics as well as industry, company, e-commerce, search and social media data. It is a treasure box full of raw materials for artificial intelligence and quantitative investment research. DataYes is China’s leading edge financial technology company founded by a group of experts in the fields of finance and internet technology. It is invested by Wanxiang Group, one of China’s largest non-state-owned conglomerate. DataYes’ headquarter is located in Shanghai Lujiazui Financial and Trade Zone, and has an office in Silicon Valley. For more information on DataYes, visit datayes.com.

At least this rumor is enough to get the price a little bit up because there is a lot of talking about it on Polo. ;-)

Yes, yes, but we really do not need another pump just to be followed by the dump. We need M2, burning of Factoid and real usage of entry credits in order for the price to grow.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
schnib

Activity: 270

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:08:13 PM

my factomd synchronisation stopped at block height 39999 and doesnt sync further even after several restarts.

I tried so many different options to get the wallet running , even installed ubuntu on virtual box etc. but i can't find any solution yet.

It is really annoying imo.

Has anyone any idea how to get factom wallet running on windows or ubuntu ? Sad

flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 02:58:54 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2016, 03:45:38 PM by flashbit

Factom's Intro to Blockchain Development talk
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzBbxWVAMkHdI-jbYKZD4fA

Build a Factom Blockchain App workshop -- Austin tech live event!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3OegPnrBwM
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:50:06 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/54adfo/blockchain_summit_report_day_2_final_report_for/

Factom Blockchain Technology tools for next gen asset systems

Hold crap Factom has a way of now tracking documents on the blockchain.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:52:00 PM

Factom's Intro to Blockchain Development talk
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCzBbxWVAMkHdI-jbYKZD4fA

Build a Factom Blockchain App workshop -- Austin tech live event!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H3OegPnrBwM

Oh, nice! I didn't know that this is today.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 03:53:36 PM

About DataYes

Yes, yes, but we really do not need another pump just to be followed by the dump. We need M2, burning of Factoid and real usage of entry credits in order for the price to grow.

I agree and disagree at the same time. ;-) Markets are always a gamble and rumors are part of the game and dumpers will play their game in all scenarios (dumping on release for example).

ardia

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 06:52:58 PM

Whats the rationale for dumping on release?
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 07:14:45 PM

Go back in history and look whoever or whatever is dumping and running it back has been playing this game for a while. No fundamental rhyme or reason ? Profit ?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 07:18:56 PM

It's more a problem in smaller projects and markets. Somebody or a group accumulates a lot while price and volume is "low" - knowing that there will be a release in x weeks or so. In small markets they accumulate so much that they couldn't even sell it because of a lack of buy-support. But: Then there is the release, price and volume goes up, and they unload it all. Because if they would hold too much, there could be the risk that buy-support will decrease after the hype. And the longer they wait, maybe because of the hope that the price will go up more, the higher the risk.

It's not that much of a concern in Factom. There are some who have a lot. That's visible on Poloniex. And there are also some who like it to dump. But Factom has steady volume and support and whoever dumps into it will make the experience most of the time that the price recovers very quick.

But: It was done in the past. It's at least what I believe. Factom had certain good news about partnerships and the price always reacted but fell back. If you take their blog and look what they published the first 4 or 5 months and compare that with the chart you'll find out: There always was reaction but there also was dumping.

But I don't expect that for the future, because Factom has more attention and more volume and there is a lot of suspense. The rumor about Ernest & Young 24 hours ago - I was sure that it's bullshit. It's not enough that one speaks after the other on a conference Cheesy ...but: The price reacted, because there is so much anticipation... like "soon...something will happen...they never were quiet for a long time" and so on. ;-)  

D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 08:05:40 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2016, 08:16:12 PM by D-Lux

It's more a problem in smaller projects and markets. Somebody or a group accumulates a lot while price and volume is "low" - knowing that there will be a release in x weeks or so. In small markets they accumulate so much that they couldn't even sell it because of a lack of buy-support. But: Then there is the release, price and volume goes up, and they unload it all. Because if they would hold too much, there could be the risk that buy-support will decrease after the hype. And the longer they wait, maybe because of the hope that the price will go up more, the higher the risk.

It's not that much of a concern in Factom. There are some who have a lot. That's visible on Poloniex. And there are also some who like it to dump. But Factom has steady volume and support and whoever dumps into it will make the experience most of the time that the price recovers very quick.

But: It was done in the past. It's at least what I believe. Factom had certain good news about partnerships and the price always reacted but fell back. If you take their blog and look what they published the first 4 or 5 months and compare that with the chart you'll find out: There always was reaction but there also was dumping.

But I don't expect that for the future, because Factom has more attention and more volume and there is a lot of suspense. The rumor about Ernest & Young 24 hours ago - I was sure that it's bullshit. It's not enough that one speaks after the other on a conference Cheesy ...but: The price reacted, because there is so much anticipation... like "soon...something will happen...they never were quiet for a long time" and so on. ;-)  

Yep, I totally agree. Though I think it's also important to realize that M2 isn't "just another" crypto release. Paul Snow has called it the capstone for Factom for this year and many others to come. A lot of times "buy the rumor, sell the news" makes sense b/c "the news" frankly doesn't have much meat on the bone. Often the news is predominantly symbolic, without a lot of real-world consequence. My understand is that M2 is genuinely substantial in a way that's rare for crypto projects today, and I think that substance will do a lot to buttress against a major dump.

Of course there will be people who see the price rise, and sell b/c they don't understand the tech or value proposition that well, just as people sold ETH when it sky-rocketed past $1. But my personal belief is that the more you know about Factom, the longer you'll be likely to hold FCT.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 08:13:10 PM

Yep, I totally agree. Though I think it's also important to realize that M2 isn't "just another" crypto release. Paul Snow has called it the capstone for Factom for this year and many others to come. A lot of times "buy the rumor, sell the news" makes sense b/c "the news" frankly doesn't have much meat on the bone. Often the news is predominantly symbolic, without a lot of real-world consequence. My understand is that M2 is genuinely substantial in a way that's rare for crypto projects today, and I think that substance will do a lot to buttress against a major dump.

Of course there will be people who see the price rise, and sell b/c they don't understand the tech or value proposition that well, just as people sold ETH when it sky-rocketed past $1. But my personal belief is that the more you know about Factom, the longer you'll be likely to hold FCT.

Yes, absolutely right. I didn't mention M2 but using the words "suspense" and "anticipation" I meant related to M2. I mean, if there is something good in delays it's that, right?  ;-)

M2 is like a long awaited album of a great Band! Cheesy
D-Lux

Activity: 385

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 08:41:00 PM

M2 is like a long awaited album of a great Band! Cheesy

+1
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:02:25 PM

We re at the verge of 4 million entries. Another small but nice milestone.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
ardia

Activity: 94
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:33:50 PM

Okay, I think peeps have misunderstood my question.

Is there a rationale for dumping *on release*?
To be clear, all dumping so far has been pre-release.
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:37:08 PM

If M2 doesn't work or is an incredibly buggy hunk of crap, dump (after me).  But if there's just the normal and expected bugs and works well overall, then Factom works and that is big news.  Basically, at this point, we're all gambling that Factom programmers are highly competent.  I like my bet, personally.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:43:26 PM

You're right, because what I spoke about regarding Factom wasn't "release" of software. But in the past there was "dump-on-good-news", which is the same by it's principle.

If you have accumulated a lot of a currency/token of a project and if you would dump it all, there would barely be enough buy-support to catch it --> you have to wait on volume and that comes with good news. Plus: The price goes up.

If you want to see what I mean look at the last price rise of XRP (Ripple). They had good news:

Big Banks Invest $55 Million in Blockchain Startup Ripple's Series B
http://www.coindesk.com/ripple-blockchain-55-million-series-b/

Volume and price exploded - and it was dumped back with a lot of volume.
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:47:49 PM

You're right, because what I spoke about regarding Factom wasn't "release" of software. But in the past there was "dump-on-good-news", which is the same by it's principle.

If you have accumulated a lot of a currency/token of a project and if you would dump it all, there would barely be enough buy-support to catch it --> you have to wait on volume and that comes with good news. Plus: The price goes up.

If you want to see what I mean look at the last price rise of XRP (Ripple). They had good news:

Big Banks Invest $55 Million in Blockchain Startup Ripple's Series B
http://www.coindesk.com/ripple-blockchain-55-million-series-b/

Volume and price exploded - and it was dumped back with a lot of volume.

As an example it sticks, but different than a normal use case for some believed XRP was still tied to Ripple, it is not. Factoids are linked to the success of (the use of) Factom. Good news will therefore increase both volume and price.
Pages: « 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: