Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115842 times)
Azael

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:42:27 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2016, 10:57:28 PM by Azael

OK, so an update on the delay news … I was on Polo's Trollbox last night and happened to cross paths with the person claiming to have received the email from Paul Snow about the delay in M2's testnet release. We PM'ed a number of times and the person sent me a copy/paste of the extended exchange as well as a screenshot of Paul’s email. The background appears to be: the person was intending to write an article for a crypto publication about the release, so reached out to Paul for comment. Paul apparently then wrote the email that was posted on Reddit yesterday (and was since deleted due to the backlash). This raises a number of issues, but for now I just wanted to let folks know about my exchange with the author. (Anyone interested in my own commitment to Factom can see my history here and on Reddit, same username.)

Here is the screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/fnU4X

Note: the author has penned-out his holdings of FCT, and I've boxed-out his name and contact info.

At this point, we need an official statement from Factom.

Hahaha 'last night' but that picture was uploaded on Imgur 6 hours ago. Polonibox.com searching for FCT or Factom shows no results of this discussion for the last few days.

If X has to make a statement every time someone makes up something retarded even if elaborate then sell and do something else with your life.

Why this 'mail' is a hoax has already been explained. It is only Tempus alt trying to make it real now for whatever financial reason.

twitter.com/erikledgers
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:56:24 PM

Very interesting chains recently created. I assume DHS is Department Homeland Security  Shocked

EmailStorage
This is the body of the DHS Root Chain Entry

http://explorer.factom.org/chain/e97b4fe713aa8839322a7dd1709f967baa6e72d06b393ea1828faa0054ba715e

IOC - Internet of things Device
http://explorer.factom.org/chain/e5d1c2f99ac4e49235fc4af64eff9fac671bf0fd74f7a61f86864676b3f99a2d
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2016, 10:58:03 PM

OK, so an update on the delay news … I was on Polo's Trollbox last night and happened to cross paths with the person claiming to have received the email from Paul Snow about the delay in M2's testnet release. We PM'ed a number of times and the person sent me a copy/paste of the extended exchange as well as a screenshot of Paul’s email. The background appears to be: the person was intending to write an article for a crypto publication about the release, so reached out to Paul for comment. Paul apparently then wrote the email that was posted on Reddit yesterday (and was since deleted due to the backlash). This raises a number of issues, but for now I just wanted to let folks know about my exchange with the author. (Anyone interested in my own commitment to Factom can see my history here and on Reddit, same username.)

Here is the screenshot:

http://imgur.com/a/fnU4X

Note: the author has penned-out his holdings of FCT, and I've boxed-out his name and contact info.

At this point, we need an official statement from Factom.

Hahaha 'last night' but that picture was uploaded on Imgur 6 hours ago. Polonibox.com searching for FCT or Factom shows no results of this discussion for the last few days.

If X has to make a statement every time someone makes up something retarded even if elaborate then sell and do something else with your life.

Why this 'mail' is a hoax has already been explained. It is only Tempus alt trying to make it real now for whatever financial reason.
D-Lux - why is there no record of your conversation?
tdkmatt

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 12:29:40 AM

Good Morning Guys

I am the original author of the reditt, i have offered D-Lux TeamViewer access to my pc to view the email in person to clear everything up. i would not benefit from FUD since i have so heavily invested in it. The email address is readily found on the github page if you know where to look. - i also sent D-lux the header info of the email clearly showing the email route/trace so the email was not "spoofed"
D-Lux

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 12:51:33 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2016, 01:57:18 AM by D-Lux

D-Lux - why is there no record of your conversation?

My nick on Polo is 88mph. See last night's conversation with "matthew-fb66":

http://www.polonibox.com/?username=88mph

Fwiw, you'll see that immediately after that exchange I defended FCT on another issue, as I have always defended FCT from FUD—which, again, can be confirmed from the history of this account and my Reddit account (same username).

Also, Azael, I'm flattered that you continue to think Tempus and I are the same person, given that he knows a lot more about FCT's tech than I do, but you're still wrong. And honestly the paranoia that leaks through with you doesn't speak well of your assessment of other issues.  

woodson

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 01:28:23 AM

A statement by the Factom spokesperson would certainly be beneficial to the community at this point.    I personally emailed Michael last week but did not receive a response.  I wish Factom success and have enjoyed following their progress.

oneyesoneno

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:07:30 AM

well what i think is there's nothing we can do... if factom need more time (a couple of weeks) then ... so be it.. no big deal for long term investor like me.. blockchain technology is still far undervalue... it could be multi billion business for next few years.
flashbit

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:08:28 AM

Good Morning Guys

I am the original author of the reditt, i have offered D-Lux TeamViewer access to my pc to view the email in person to clear everything up. i would not benefit from FUD since i have so heavily invested in it. The email address is readily found on the github page if you know where to look. - i also sent D-lux the header info of the email clearly showing the email route/trace so the email was not "spoofed"

Soooo you are a newbie on bitcointalk and you have followed factom for a long time according to your email?Huh

Soooo you gave someone you just met in the trollbox on Polo teamviewer remote access to your computer?Huh

Soooo D-lux you remotely accessed using teamviewer someone you just met on Polo trollbox?Huh

I think you guys may know why some of us are scepticle.... I think anyone would be if they read this dudes.

enough said...
flashbit

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:13:25 AM

well what i think is there's nothing we can do... if factom need more time (a couple of weeks) then ... so be it.. no big deal for long term investor like me.. blockchain technology is still far undervalue... it could be multi billion business for next few years.

Totally agree dude. Respect.
sloper

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:20:49 AM

So a couple thoughts..

Where did the price $0.001/entry credit come from?
What's to stop a competitor from forking factom's open source software, and charge less per entry credit?

The main defense I can think of is the network effect sprouting from the fact that Factom will have the longest chain record of this type.
But unless the price is negligibly cheap, wouldn't market forces create a cheaper competitor?

D-Lux

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:22:09 AM

Fwiw: I've been communicating for the past hour with the person who originally posted the Snow email. Long story short: I ended up using TeamViewer to remotely access his computer, and watched as he logged into his email account. I then searched for Snow's email, found it, opened it, and it was as the person originally posted. For any self-respecting crypto enthusiast there will still be a "shadow of doubt," and probably no way to get around that, but ... time will tell. Also fwiw: I'm a major holder of FCT and though this issue has been resolved for me, I'm as disappointed as everyone else about the delay. I also agree with the ppl who have posted that in the long-term, whether M2 is released 2 weeks or 2 months from now—and however the market reacts in the meantime—is of little importance. I suspect everyone reading this knows how undervalued FCT is atm, and eventually, as David Irvine has said, Price follows value.

Edit: Also, the person who made the original post has asked me to do the CryptoCompare Q+A with Paul in his place. I've agreed, though will have to reach out to CC and Paul to see if they're OK with it as well. If they are, I'll be soliciting questions to ask Paul on here.
tdkmatt

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:27:21 AM

Good Morning Guys

Soooo you are a newbie on bitcointalk and you have followed factom for a long time according to your email?Huh

Soooo you gave someone you just met in the trollbox on Polo teamviewer remote access to your computer?Huh

Soooo D-lux you remotely accessed using teamviewer someone you just met on Polo trollbox?Huh

I think you guys may know why some of us are scepticle.... I think anyone would be if they read this dudes.

enough said...

Yes i am a newbie on the forum since signing upto these types of forums seem to be targets for hackers and this site had a data breach, user data is for sale on the dark web apparently. - ive been following this thread for many months now, and the blog on Factom.

I did not just meet in trollbox, i have been talking to 88 about fct for about two weeks when i see him on, just about how deep we both are into FCT and its potential.

i gave D-Lux Teamviwer access so clear things up since i trust him, i would not of given a random off reddit access but since yesterday i found out d-lux on reditt was him made sense. - i can see why this would be considered FUD and why people would be scepticle about it. but only time will tell, i thought i was doing everyone a favor with some news on M2.

Take it or leave it. D-Lux just finished seeing the email and original header info.  i would not benefit from FUD since i am so heavily invested in Factom......
D-Lux

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:40:10 AM

Good Morning Guys

enough said...

Honestly I totally understand your skepticism, and I'd almost certainly be thinking the same thing if I were you. The only thing I can say is: 1) again, look at my past history if you want, 2) time will tell.

I'm not really interested in defending myself at this point. I almost didn't make my post earlier today b/c I suspected—pretty much knew—this would happen. Though it's been interesting having originally attached the poster, now getting a taste of my own medicine I guess ... :/ Anyway this has been exhausting for me, and I'm going to turn in for the night. Think what you want—I shared what information I had on this, because I love Factom and this community, and if you want to shoot the messenger, so be it.
flashbit

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:41:36 AM

Good Morning Guys

enough said...

Yes i am a newbie on the forum since signing upto these types of forums seem to be targets for hackers and this site had a data breach, user data is for sale on the dark web apparently. - ive been following this thread for many months now, and the blog on Factom.

I did not just meet in trollbox, i have been talking to 88 about fct for about two weeks when i see him on, just about how deep we both are into FCT and its potential.

i gave D-Lux Teamviwer access so clear things up since i trust him, i would not of given a random off reddit access but since yesterday i found out d-lux on reditt was him made sense. - i can see why this would be considered FUD and why people would be scepticle about it. but only time will tell, i thought i was doing everyone a favor with some news on M2.

Take it or leave it. D-Lux just finished seeing the email and original header info.  i would not benefit from FUD since i am so heavily invested in Factom......

So why if you're soooo invested in Factom do you want to desperately convince the community that there is a delay....Huh? Why say anything?

And why do you think it's appropriate to plaster Paul's contact info on reddit and here?Huh Do you think Paul is ok with this..?

You guys could be telling the truth.. I just find the whole thing very odd indeed to be honest..
tdkmatt

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:42:38 AM

Good Morning Guys

enough said...

Honestly I totally understand your skepticism, and I'd almost certainly be thinking the same thing if I were you. The only thing I can say is: 1) again, look at my past history if you want, 2) time will tell.

I'm not really interested in defending myself at this point. I almost didn't make my post earlier today b/c I suspected—pretty much knew—this would happen. Though it's been interesting having originally attached the poster, now getting a taste of my own medicine I guess ... :/ Anyway this has been exhausting for me, and I'm going to turn in for the night. Think what you want—I shared what information I had on this, because I love Factom and this community, and if you want to shoot the messenger, so be it.

Same here, time will tell and good night to you all
flashbit

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:48:15 AM

Good Morning Guys

enough said...

Dude I know you mean well.. but I think we should stay away from the personal emails that may or may not have been sent and let Factom announce when they are ready. Otherwise it creates and atmosphere of uncertainly which is undesirable given all the great things that Factom is doing.
flashbit

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:49:50 AM

Dear all,

We like this forum for discussion about Factom, organic discussion between Factom supporters. However for updates we actually use our social media channels.
Some of our Devs (i.e. Brian Deery and Paul Snow) occasionally post on this forum too trying to answer support questions as best as they can and with the little time they have.
They both are working very hard, together with the rest of the team, to deliver on our next software release.

When Milestone 2 is ready we will announce it on all our channels and here as well.
But we are not going to reply to every question or trying to calm down worries regarding FCT price, nor give a weekly update if there's no update to give.

FCT price is what it is, it goes up and down like every other coin.
It may go up in the future it may not, make sure you guys evaluate your risks appropriately.
We don't spend any time promoting FCT and we won't do that in the foreseeable future.
We don't give investment advice and we believe the value of FCT will reflect the value of the network when it goes live after Milestone 3 and beyond.

If you want to follow Factom more closely we recommend following us on:

The above channels are were we are most active.

Let us not forget this post.

Another reminder.....
D-Lux

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:50:39 AM

So why if you're soooo invested in Factom do you want to desperately convince the community that there is a delay....Huh? Why say anything?

And why do you think it's appropriate to plaster Paul's contact info on reddit and here?Huh Do you think Paul is ok with this..?

You guys could be telling the truth.. I just find the whole thing very odd indeed to be honest..

I'm not desperate to convince anyone of anything. I posted what I posted because it is true, and this is a tech and a community that is, fundamentally, dedicated to truth. Regardless of the almost inevitable (personal) consequences.

Paul's email: First, as others have already said, Paul's email was already public. My post of the screenshot was to confirm a text version of what had already been published on Reddit the day before. I agree with you, though, that the original post was ill-advised. I didn't block out Paul's email in the screenshot I sent just b/c that info was already "out."  

I 100% agree that this is incredibly odd. The improbability of the original Reddit post was why I attacked it—and the poster—when it was originally posted.

Edit: Though in retrospect, b/c the Reddit thread was deleted, I should have blocked out Paul's email, as that was the most visible place where it could be found. So I own that—that was my mistake.
D-Lux

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:09:04 AM

... let Factom announce when they are ready. Otherwise it creates and atmosphere of uncertainly which is undesirable given all the great things that Factom is doing.

There was already uncertainty with the publication of the email. I was attempting to clarify what actually happened. If I had done nothing, there would be no "uncertainty"—as the consensus was that the email was bogus. However that certainty would have been false. Sometime uncertainty is preferable to certitude. I can't convince you of anything, I can only say what I've done to resolve this issue—for myself—and let you make up your own mind. Though really ... all of this will be moot by this weekend, as either they will or will not release the public testnet by then.
flashbit

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:12:59 AM

... let Factom announce when they are ready. Otherwise it creates and atmosphere of uncertainly which is undesirable given all the great things that Factom is doing.

There was already uncertainty with the publication of the email. I was attempting to clarify what actually happened. If I had done nothing, there would be no "uncertainty"—as the consensus was that the email was bogus. However that certainty would have been false. Sometime uncertainty is preferable to certitude. I can't convince you of anything, I can only say what I've done to resolve this issue—for myself—and let you make up your own mind. Though really ... all of this will be moot by this weekend, as either they will or will not release the public testnet by then.

Point well taken. It is what it is. Not going to lose sleep over it.
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: