Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FACTOM - Introducing Honesty to Record-Keeping  (Read 2115849 times)
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 02:06:04 AM

Create doubt and then talk it up on polo and dump a little repeat?  Game is up.. Hogs get slaughtered. LOL it would be funny if Paul announced releasing the testnet just to burn your asses.

What is always possible in Factom is, that they publish business-news, a new partnership.

I'm 100% sure Paul and Co are monitoring this situation.
and they are already doing assessment on how to make it work.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
GrossBit

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:05:12 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 03:16:01 AM by GrossBit

Poloniex operates like a bucket shop.

they look at the stop orders, they know where and how much they will be triggered.
Don't leave a stop order at Polo; set a price alarm and execute manually yourself.

That being said, it doesn't change the technical outlook for FCT is dire

Look at the weekly chart, its a textbook bearish divergence (RSI + volume). Usually i see retracement down to the 2D Lower Bollinger band value when the signal appeared , which is as low as 0.0015 !!!

i just hope TA is wrong, but i don't want to be playing knife-catching for sure right now

If you look back at Grossbits predictions he's sitting at around 80-95% miss rate.  In other words he's most often wrong..... particularly with timing!  I've come to the conclusion to look at his predictions as contrarian.  I just bought a  boat load yesterday in the knowledge this is a very very good entry point for investment for a 3-6 month time frame.  Unless you're a full-time day trader (and that rules out 99% of people on this board) I'd completely ignore technicals and solely focus on fundamentals and sentiment.  Right now we have fantastic fundamentals and terrible sentiment (hence the price drop)  This sentiment will undoubtedly turn around as there is literally no fundamentals supporting it.  So buy with confidence people it's a no brainer.  

Very well said.  I built a position at a higher level.  I am very tempted to buy more now and lower my basis just because the opportunity to get in now is terrific.  I'm just not willing to break my rules and so I'll just watch.  For new people wanting a longer term investment in a truly unique crypto that is actually doing things now, this is a great entry point.

oh yeh Huh look at my reddit post, same nickname, posting since Dec2015. with plenty of good calls. called to exit when not to late in ETH just after TheDAO, called that ETH dump would signal BTC top as well, called the ETH bounce from 7 EUR well before it hit this price, went long FCT in July just as they closed their A-shares sale (bought some there as well). I also disclosed when it went up to 0.004 and above that i was still bullish but didn't recommend to buy at those prices, and also disclosed when i sold my FCT.

for example for my well timed sale, one day before the big dump:
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/552d1v/price_in_stress_mode/

In recent weeks, called the dump on XMR from 0.021 and on NXT from 3100 sats. Follow me there and check my history, my miss rate is more like 10-15%... LOL....

Proof of my position on FCT:
http://hpics.li/fccc3a0

I am trader with 20 years experience in a investment bank and i used to managed billions. Sorry guys, thats the game, its like poker. If I sit in a poker table with pros, i know I will lose, so i avoid playing poker. It takes time to learn trading properly. it takes time to learn poker as well. there's no easy get-rich scheme which isn't criminal. FCT or Factom is a risky investment. For those who still don't understand how markets work, i suggest buying and reading some books on Amazon and educate yourselves a minimum.

Otherwise, I think exactly the contrary that you do.
I think FCT has fantastic sentiment and terrible fundamentals technicals. Everyone here and his dog is bullish in front of the evidence: the price was already in a downtrend since hitting the second time over 0.006, there was a downtrend channel, and things went loose when we broke the neckline 0.0047 which held for a week before the second push up to over 0.006. Thats where all recent leveraged longs put most of their buys on the way up, stops on the way down...

As for the fundamentals, i like Factom as a company, i'm already invested in it through the shares, i'm not changing my opinion on them. I think they have a very special proposition and a legit company. But like most startups they don't have any revenue now at all, they are burning cash at a high rate, and 90% of startups fail. I hope i picked one of the 10% remaining, and wish they grow into a multi billion usd company . But you don't build Rome in one day, and speculative shares don't go up straight x6 every 3 months. We're still up x3 from June. Unfortunately i see more short term downside potential and i am happy to sit away from the market for the time being.

Of course i may change my mind anytime, and if i FOMO back at 0.0045 or even higher, its not the first time i do such thing...

If you don't wanna listen to a pro advice, up to you... those who have been following me thank me regularly. Of course, i make mistakes and bad calls, and i also post about those and take my losses when they happen. Only bad traders (cause they never cut and hold down to 0) and Bernie Madoff have 100% success rate.

astmandu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 03:26:22 AM

Poloniex operates like a bucket shop.

they look at the stop orders, they know where and how much they will be triggered.
Don't leave a stop order at Polo; set a price alarm and execute manually yourself.

That being said, it doesn't change the technical outlook for FCT is dire

Look at the weekly chart, its a textbook bearish divergence (RSI + volume). Usually i see retracement down to the 2D Lower Bollinger band value when the signal appeared , which is as low as 0.0015 !!!

i just hope TA is wrong, but i don't want to be playing knife-catching for sure right now

If you look back at Grossbits predictions he's sitting at around 80-95% miss rate.  In other words he's most often wrong..... particularly with timing!  I've come to the conclusion to look at his predictions as contrarian.  I just bought a  boat load yesterday in the knowledge this is a very very good entry point for investment for a 3-6 month time frame.  Unless you're a full-time day trader (and that rules out 99% of people on this board) I'd completely ignore technicals and solely focus on fundamentals and sentiment.  Right now we have fantastic fundamentals and terrible sentiment (hence the price drop)  This sentiment will undoubtedly turn around as there is literally no fundamentals supporting it.  So buy with confidence people it's a no brainer.  

Very well said.  I built a position at a higher level.  I am very tempted to buy more now and lower my basis just because the opportunity to get in now is terrific.  I'm just not willing to break my rules and so I'll just watch.  For new people wanting a longer term investment in a truly unique crypto that is actually doing things now, this is a great entry point.

oh yeh Huh look at my reddit post, same nickname, posting since Dec2015. with plenty of good calls. called to exit when not to late in ETH just after TheDAO, called that ETH dump would signal BTC top as well, called the ETH bounce from 7 EUR well before it hit this price, went long FCT in July just as they closed their A-shares sale (bought some there as well). I also disclosed when it went up to 0.004 and above that i was still bullish but didn't recommend to buy at those prices, and also disclosed when i sold my FCT.

for example for my well timed sale, one day before the big dump:
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/552d1v/price_in_stress_mode/

In recent weeks, called the dump on XMR from 0.021 and on NXT from 3100 sats. Follow me there and check my history, my miss rate is more like 10-15%... LOL....

Proof of my position on FCT:
http://hpics.li/fccc3a0

I am trader with 20 years experience in a investment bank and i used to managed billions. Sorry guys, thats the game, its like poker. If I sit in a poker table with pros, i know I will lose, so i avoid playing poker. It takes time to learn trading properly. it takes time to learn poker as well. there's no easy get-rich scheme which isn't criminal. FCT or Factom is a risky investment. For those who still don't understand how markets work, i suggest buying and reading some books on Amazon and educate yourselves a minimum.

Otherwise, I think exactly the contrary that you do.
I think FCT has fantastic sentiment and terrible fundamentals technicals. Everyone here and his dog is bullish in front of the evidence: the price was already in a downtrend since hitting the second time over 0.006, there was a downtrend channel, and things went loose when we broke the neckline 0.0047 which held for a week before the second push up to over 0.006. Thats where all recent leveraged longs put most of their buys on the way up, stops on the way down...

As for the fundamentals, i like Factom as a company, i'm already invested in it through the shares, i'm not changing my opinion on them. I think they have a very special proposition and a legit company. But like most startups they don't have any revenue now at all, they are burning cash at a high rate, and 90% of startups fail. I hope i picked one of the 10% remaining, and wish they grow into a multi billion usd company . But you don't build Rome in one day, and speculative shares don't go up straight x6 every 3 months. We're still up x3 from June. Unfortunately i see more short term downside potential and i am happy to sit away from the market for the time being.

Of course i may change my mind anytime, and if i FOMO back at 0.0045 or even higher, its not the first time i do such thing...

If you don't wanna listen to a pro advice, up to you... those who have been following me thank me regularly. Of course, i make mistakes and bad calls, and i also post about those and take my losses when they happen. Only bad traders (cause they never cut and hold down to 0) and Bernie Madoff have 100% success rate.

Props to you if you are executing your plan so precisely and the right times.  I'm not a pro.  My technical analysis is okay, but with FCT I think all we are saying is that long term there is good upside. 

I don't get in and out of trades quickly like I used to.  Due to lifestyle and risk tolerance I prefer longer term swings, and so if I'm at a loss for a while on paper that is okay.  Different strokes for different folks.
daburone

Activity: 183
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:30:53 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 05:47:32 AM by daburone

Create doubt and then talk it up on polo and dump a little repeat?  Game is up.. Hogs get slaughtered. LOL it would be funny if Paul announced releasing the testnet just to burn your asses.

+1

It would be hilarious if this happened. There's a lot of trolls who have come out of the woodworks during this recent price decline. And these aren't your regular YouTube "I hope you die" trolls. These are arrogant, pompous trolls, who apparently know everything about the inner workings of Factom, Poloniex and Paul Snow's wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LmeQ3Vci-w

^ This fate awaits FCT trolls
Azael

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:23:14 PM

+1

It would be hilarious if this happened. There's a lot of trolls who have come out of the woodworks during this recent price decline. And these aren't your regular YouTube "I hope you die" trolls. These are arrogant, pompous trolls, who apparently know everything about the inner workings of Factom, Poloniex and Paul Snow's wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LmeQ3Vci-w

^ This fate awaits FCT trolls

People always assume if they give one reason why X is going down and it does they are right.

Apple stock will go down because Tim Cook likes long walks. It is down Y since I told you so.

twitter.com/erikledgers
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:24:30 PM

Insider BUYING of Factoids.
From Reddit:
Quote from: Paul Snow
I didn't sell any in this sell off. I bought. I don't know much about what anyone else is doing with their tokens. That said, I am certain nobody at Factom is involved in manipulating the market, and I know for a fact the company is not.
Any time I try and trade cryptocurrencies, I lose money. So I'm pretty much a holder, unless I am forced to sell.
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/55dpo1/fud_in_social_media_responsible_for_recent_price/d8bl667

If you have any experience in the stock market or even a drop of common sense, you will understand that this is extremely bullish for Factoids.
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:28:05 PM

Insider BUYING of Factom.

From Reddit:
I didn't sell any in this sell off. I bought. I don't know much about what anyone else is doing with their tokens. That said, I am certain nobody at Factom is involved in manipulating the market, and I know for a fact the company is not.
Any time I try and trade cryptocurrencies, I lose money. So I'm pretty much a holder, unless I am forced to sell.
https://www.reddit.com/r/factom/comments/55dpo1/fud_in_social_media_responsible_for_recent_price/d8bl667

If you have any experience in the stock market or even a drop of common sense, you will understand that this is extremely bullish for Factom.

Hes lying obviously

Just like Fontase did with LTC back then

Dont trust someone like a sheep
r.o.o.t

Activity: 98

http://github.com/root8/fsigDecredGUI

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 04:07:38 PM

Always check the facts, be wise and cautious.
I'd say the support may be at 0.0038 - look at Polo https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_fct
But I may be wrong.

..-- ▰▰ DECRED.ORG ▰▰ --..
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:53:03 PM

From Reddit:

If you have any experience in the stock market or even a drop of common sense, you will understand that this is extremely bullish for Factoids.

I wouldn't call that "Insider-buying". It doesn't need insider-knowledge to buy, if there is dumping without fundamental reasons. And that (no fundamental problems) was obvious for everybody who follows this project.

I for example sold some because of the rising BTC-price and I also bought back during the dumping. But I don't trade much. Most of my FCT are on Paperwallet-addresses.
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:56:04 PM

From Reddit:

I wouldn't call that "Insider-buying". It doesn't need insider-knowledge to buy, if there is dumping without fundamental reasons. And that (no fundamental problems) was obvious for everybody who follows this project.

I for example sold some because of the rising BTC-price and I also bought back during the dumping. But I don't trade much. Most of my FCT are on Paperwallet-addresses.

I didn't call it Insider Trading which I suspect you're thinking of.  I called it Insider Buying.  Paul is an insider.  He bought FCT.  Do we really need to debate this?
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:29:20 PM

From Reddit:

I didn't call it Insider Trading which I suspect you're thinking of.  I called it Insider Buying.  Paul is an insider.  He bought FCT.  Do we really need to debate this?

What I'm thinking of is that it doesn't need more "trigger-words" to heaten up the mood, but you're right, it also doesn't need more debates about no-news.
nowhere man

Activity: 77

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 06:58:39 PM

So some of us think the price will go down in the short term, and some of us think the price will go up in the short term. It doesn't really matter if you believe in the project in the long term, because its the kind of project which will go large or not go at all. Personally, I'm sitting it out until some news regarding entry credit demand turns up. If something is released that suggests entry credits will be bought in the hundreds of millions per month, or even ten's of millions per month, then I'll be straight back in. But in the meantime, I wish the team the very best as its obvious from the github and the relentless conferencing that they work very hard.

All the best
Josef27

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:23:22 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 08:29:10 PM by Josef27

From Reddit:
Anytime I try and trade cryptocurrencies, I lose money. So I'm pretty much a holder, unless I am forced to sell.

If you have any experience in the stock market or even a drop of common sense, you will understand that this is extremely bullish for Factom.

Hes lying obviously

Someone pointed out yesterday that insider wallets are unchanged on explorer.
So why would Paul Snow even make a comment if it was a lie ? He is under no obligation to tell us that. Why would he risk his credibility, with not just us, but with the company and other A series share investors? Remember insiders i.e company employees also hold 4 million in FCT. You think he's gonna betray all those people as well?  Doesn't make any sense.

I think LTC coin is a bad comparison. Factom is a legitimate  company under U.S. laws and regulations for one. Factom raised over 30 million dollars in a U.S. regulated stock funding, that gives them 1000% more creditability than any ICO.  One of Factom's customers is the Department of Homeland Security. Which I'm pretty sure like any government agency does some level of auditing before they fund anyone.  

Add all of this together doesn't make sense. They just got another 5 million in funding. Paul snow also has a track record of other successful ventures as well. Most criminals, liars have a history of being a criminal and a liar.  I'm not saying I know 100% Paul doesn't, but looking at all the evidence i'll take his word over someone fudding on a forum with zero backup.

I have an open mind, explain to me why I should believe you over Paul Snow?  

Just thought of another reason!
If Paul wanted to sellout and was a liar, criminal type. Why wouldn't he just gin up, or fabricate company news over and over and sell into it.  I mean $6 is easily achievable or even $30 price. Why settle for crumbs when Paul could  have caviar on a yacht. That just it, they are so busy you almost have to remind them to put out press. It's been said here before they only put out legit press not when it's a dev's birthday like others in crypto. However, I definitely think they should increase their news cycle.

Elpadrinho

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:53:42 PM

From Reddit:

Hes lying obviously

So why would Paul Snow even make a comment if it was a lie ? He is under no obligation to tell us that. Why would he risk his credibility, with not just us, but with the company and other A series share investors. Remember insiders i.e company employees also hold 4 million in FCT. You think he's gonna betray all those people as well?  Doesn't make any sense.

I think LTC coin is a bad comparison. Factom is a legitimate  company under U.S. laws and regulations for one. Factom raised over 30 million dollars in a U.S. regulated stock funding, that gives them 1000% more creditability than any ICO.  One of Factom's customers is the Department of Homeland Security. Which I'm pretty sure like any government agency does some level of auditing before they fund anyone.  

Add all of this together doesn't make sense. They just got another 5 million in funding. Paul snow also has a track record of other successful ventures as well. Most criminals, liars have a history of being a criminal and a liar.  I'm not saying I know 100% Paul doesn't, but looking at all the evidence i'll take his word over someone fudding on a forum with zero backup.

Just thought of another reason! If Paul wanted to sellout and was a liar, criminal type. Why wouldn't he just gin up, fabricate company news over and over and sell into it.

Couldn't agree with you more Smiley Well said!
Josef27

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 09:31:11 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2016, 09:47:25 PM by Josef27

From Reddit:

Hes lying obviously

So why would Paul Snow even make a comment if it was a lie ? He is under no obligation to tell us that. Why would he risk his credibility, with not just us, but with the company and other A series share investors. Remember insiders i.e company employees also hold 4 million in FCT. You think he's gonna betray all those people as well?  Doesn't make any sense.

Just thought of another reason! If Paul wanted to sellout and was a liar, criminal type. Why wouldn't he just gin up, fabricate company news over and over and sell into it.

Couldn't agree with you more Smiley Well said!

WOW.. These guys have to be getting close to their end game.  
indijim

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:56:22 PM

Any news on M2?
Josef27

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:56:19 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2016, 02:24:58 AM by Josef27

Any news on M2?

Great company can't believe this happening with M2 around the corner ? Whatever or whoever has balls of steel. Double down and double again. I can't see a reason to sell into pure manipulation. How can these dumps be profitable....
dleader

Activity: 592

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 01:58:43 AM

From Reddit:

Hes lying obviously

Don't trust someone like a sheep

It's Fontas. Fontase was someone else with a fake account right after he closed his Twitter from being spooked about getting caught 'pumping.' Also he then went by Apophenia and after changed to another name I can't remember which name he changed to after that. Honestly too lazy to sleuth out... I probably have a pm on btc-e but have to use my old phone to 2fa login...

If you're going to accuse someone get the initial details right first.

GrossBit

Activity: 174

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 02:33:28 AM

there is no large market manipulation. the only manipulation i can think about is stop-hunting front-running activity, but it just accelerates what would have been happening anyway sooner or later.

If you think the price is too low , for whatever reason (manipulation included) shut up and buy, and if enough people think like you, the price will go up again.

The price is down because people sold, that may include probably early longs who sold probably on the way up as well on the way down,
and some margin longs established at too high levels. When the marginal buyer becomes the marginal seller, you have price reversals. Its really simple.

Paul Snow said he didn't sell in the last leg and bought instead, but he didn't disclose how much he FCT he owned from the start, how much if he owns now, and how much, if any he sold above 0.005.
Also, he's speaking in his own name, other (larger) insiders may have sold, the Factom Foundation may have sold as well. It doesn't matter who sold and why they did anyway.
Buy if you think its going up again.

I think the risk is for much further downside alas
FudCutter

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 03:09:41 AM

GrossBit seems a bit trolly to me. Just my observation from the sidelines. Your timing is questionable. As soon as I see a little spike for FCT, here you come posting some more negative speculation.
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: