Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:31:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do islam hates people?  (Read 437356 times)
Derek492

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:32:55 PM

The "crusades" were not Christan. They were done by and for the Pope, i.e. the Antichrist. True Jesus Christians turn the other cheek...and a lot of them were killed by Popes past too. There is a difference between true bible Christianity and false Catholicism.

I don't hate anyone...FYI.

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:38:56 PM

.....the USA, is a de facto Christian nation - please answer: is the "God" that's referenced on your money, 68 times in US Code, and various other places in your government - is that Shiva, or Vishnu, or are you ready to admit it's the Christian God?  

You have the answer right in front of you, yet you refuse to see it.   It is the phrase "God" and NOT any specific god.  All you are left with logically is "Yeah, maybe, but it's sexist because it doesn't include Goddesses!"

You are trying to convince people that one thing is something different, good luck with that.

Stopped by a cop for speeding?  Try this.

"Look, officer I agree you should give tickets for speeding cars. But this isn't a car.  It's a certain number of pounds of iron, and rubber, and plastic.  Cars are vehicles.  Clearly this isn't a car."

Good luck with that.

LOL..
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:05:44 PM

that, according to Islam, the infidel should die,

Pure lie.

that the Koran is infallible,

True.

that those who violated sharia law — thieves, gays, adulterers — deserved to be stoned to death or beheaded, as they were each Friday in a public gathering place she and her brother called “Chop-Chop Square.”

False.

Today, she is that rare thing: a public intellectual who, despite death threats and charges of bigotry, calls for an end to Islam — not just as the faithful know it, but as we in the West think we know it.

“The assumption is that, in Islam, there are a few rotten apples, not the entire basket,” Ali tells The Post. “I’m saying it’s the entire basket.”

In her book, “Heretic,” Ali argues for a complete reformation of Islam, akin to the Protestant reformation of the 16th century. Though her own education led her to reject Islam and declare herself an atheist, she believes that for the world’s 1.6 billion Muslims, there must be another way.

Sad to hear she thinked in a wrong way. Better to say she is being misguided. Sad

Was she wrong to let islam behind her? Millions of muslims are happy with their religion. Some are not. Same thing with the jews and the christians. Nothing more.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 11:54:01 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 12:51:12 AM by BADecker

Religion is like the game of Monopoly. The game of Monopoly reflects some of the truths in the real world of finance. Religion reflects some of the truths of life.

Islam (and all of the other religions including scientific interpretation) is a religion that is like Monopoly. It reflects some of the truths of life.

Christianity is a religion that is like Monopoly at the same time it is different from it. Like Islam, Christianity reflects some of the truths in life. Unlike Islam, Christianity is more fundamental than life so that life reflects some of the truths of Christianity.

In other words, with regard to Christianity, life is the religion.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:07:13 AM

As recently as a couple hundred years ago, much of the land of Africa and the Sahara were far greener than today. Then Islam made great inroads into society and culture.

The people of Africa still remain rather loving and kind. Islam can't conquer either the genetic mistakes or genetics of love in people, but it can conquer their minds somewhat.

Muslims still have love, even though it is flawed... just like the peoples of all the nations and religions of the world. But the green is leaving much of Africa, because the land is expelling the people of Islam... Islam is so extremely intolerable... even to the land, itself.

Islam hates mostly the people who acknowledge it... the Muslims. By the grace of the Christian God, the Muslims aren't completely destroyed. God finds Muslims that He can draw out of the dangers of Islam, into Christianity.

In Egypt alone, the people are becoming Christian with clearer understanding of the lies of Islam. Present-day Coptic Christians are stronger than ever because they have had to dig out the reasons that Islam hates people. Now they understand Islam, and because of it they are stronger Christians than ever.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 01:45:34 AM

What I get from that video is (I don't know who is who), the guy in the brown suit is quoting the Bible, but then he is giving his logical interpretation of it rather than believing what it says. We need to believe what the Bible says, not what we want to interpret it as saying.

We, the people who believe in Jesus for salvation, are one with God, just as Jesus is One with God. We are being absorbed into God by believing in Jesus. There is only one God. But many individuals in the one God. The only way that such can happen is through Jesus, the Son Of God.

When Moses met with God in the Tent of Meeting, his face became radiant. He would go out after the meeting, and put a veil over his face so that the people wouldn't see that the radiance was fading when he was outside the presence of God.

The only way to Heaven is through Jesus. Heaven is not attained by following some other prophet. That is a misinterpretation of the Bible.

Smiley

God never say illogical things. If there is illogical thing, how could it be true? So you are telling me that there is 14 Gods?

Answer your statement:

“The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen—” (Deuteronomy 18:15)

“And when they give the book to one who cannot read, saying, "Read this," he says, "I cannot read." (Isaiah 29:12)

“I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.” (Deuteronomy 18:18)

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,” (John 14:15-16)

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.” (John 16:12-15)

“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,” (John 4:1-2)

“They asked him, "Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?"” (John 1:25)

“And He said, ‘O Moses, surely I will raise up for them a Prophet like you, from among their brothers (that is, from among the children of Ishmael); I will put my Word in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I Myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy, 18:18-19)

“I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,” (John 14:30)

A verse from the Psalms:

“O David, a Prophet will come after you, named Ahmad (Muhammad), the Truthful and the Lord, and his community will be forgiven.”

Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said,     "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).

“Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."”

“Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws.” (Mathew 5:17-18).

See more: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_in_the_Bible and Videos of Zakir Naik(Recommeded).

@Wilikon: "Stoned to death" is an old punishment for act of adultery.

“But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?" ...” (John 8:1-59)

RTRC

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 01:59:15 AM

It's probably our fault as a whole for not keeping the Middle East updated with the rest of the world. It's a shame many middle eastern countries did/do not have any access to references or any education that would have helped develop their ways of thinking. In such a backwards society of a backwards culture, it's not a suprise that people are walking into shops and buildings with bombs strapped to their chests. Seriously, it's a supirse we've waited this long to do something. There needs to be a radical social change in the middle east. Kill off the threats of those who oppose intervention and flood the middle east with textbooks and education from multiple perspectives from multiple countries from around the world. Teach them about freedoms, teach them about rights teach them about love qnd humanity. Help build pathways to the internet so more people can access information online. The more educated they are about the world around them, the less terrorists will become of the children in the middle east.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 02:17:09 AM

It's probably our fault as a whole for not keeping the Middle East updated with the rest of the world. It's a shame many middle eastern countries did/do not have any access to references or any education that would have helped develop their ways of thinking. In such a backwards society of a backwards culture, it's not a suprise that people are walking into shops and buildings with bombs strapped to their chests. Seriously, it's a supirse we've waited this long to do something. There needs to be a radical social change in the middle east. Kill off the threats of those who oppose intervention and flood the middle east with textbooks and education from multiple perspectives from multiple countries from around the world. Teach them about freedoms, teach them about rights teach them about love qnd humanity. Help build pathways to the internet so more people can access information online. The more educated they are about the world around them, the less terrorists will become of the children in the middle east.

+1. The problem is the "head" of the terrorist team. They won't reveal themselves and they contact other people by telling a person. They brainwash kids and twist thing according to their need.

The way they brainwash and inject false knowledge is harder but smoother than the knowledge we could give. Only way to help them is to identify the "head" of the group but isn't easy because of Sleeper Cells.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:19:29 AM

Sounds remarkably like the plotline of the BBC miniseries, "An Honorable Woman."

That plotline didn't work out too well....
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:25:32 AM

“But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?" ...” (John 8:1-59)

I would respect more, the man or women who stood between the person who was going to be stoned, and the crowd, than anyone who said a bunch of things in efforts to convince people of this or that, regardless of what book they base their thinking on.  They would be people standing idly by while a great injustice occurred.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:35:39 AM

What I get from that video is (I don't know who is who), the guy in the brown suit is quoting the Bible, but then he is giving his logical interpretation of it rather than believing what it says. We need to believe what the Bible says, not what we want to interpret it as saying.

We, the people who believe in Jesus for salvation, are one with God, just as Jesus is One with God. We are being absorbed into God by believing in Jesus. There is only one God. But many individuals in the one God. The only way that such can happen is through Jesus, the Son Of God.

When Moses met with God in the Tent of Meeting, his face became radiant. He would go out after the meeting, and put a veil over his face so that the people wouldn't see that the radiance was fading when he was outside the presence of God.

The only way to Heaven is through Jesus. Heaven is not attained by following some other prophet. That is a misinterpretation of the Bible.

Smiley

God never say illogical things. If there is illogical thing, how could it be true? So you are telling me that there is 14 Gods?
True, God never says illogical things. But, since man is often very illogical, he doesn't always understand the logic that God shows.

Answer your statement:

“The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen—” (Deuteronomy 18:15)
Moses did great miracles. Many Bible prophets did miracles. Jesus did great miracles, even beyond those of Moses. Prophets of Islam did no miracles.

Moses made exact prophesies that were fulfilled. Many Bible prophets made exact prophesies that were fulfilled. Jesus made exact prophesies that were fulfilled. Prophets of Islam make no prophesies.

“And when they give the book to one who cannot read, saying, "Read this," he says, "I cannot read." (Isaiah 29:12)
People who are blind and deaf can't even hear the Bible being read to them.

“I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him.” (Deuteronomy 18:18)
Same as listed above.

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever,” (John 14:15-16)
The Holy Spirit, provided to the Christians at the Pentecost, and still here in abundance for Christians today. It is the Holy Spirit that works through the words of the Bible to convert even Muslims.

“I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.” (John 16:12-15)
Again, the Holy Spirit.

“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,” (John 4:1-2)
Notice, it says "Jesus Christ." That is "Jesus Messiah." Messiah is the promised Savior, Who comes to save people throughout the whole world. This is the One Moses and God were referring to in Deuteronomy 18:18.

“They asked him, "Then why are you baptizing, if you are neither the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?"” (John 1:25)
There are many Bible prophets. This John was an important one of them.

“And He said, ‘O Moses, surely I will raise up for them a Prophet like you, from among their brothers (that is, from among the children of Ishmael); I will put my Word in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I Myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy, 18:18-19)
Speaking about Jesus Christ. Answered this already.

“I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me,” (John 14:30)
Talking about the devil.

A verse from the Psalms:

“O David, a Prophet will come after you, named Ahmad (Muhammad), the Truthful and the Lord, and his community will be forgiven.”
You have given references for the Bible passages you listed above. Why not for this one? Could it be that this one is listed in some other Psalms, and not the Psalms of the Bible?

Both besides being Prophets were also kings i.e. they could inflict capital punishment. Jesus (pbuh) said,     "My kingdom is not of this world." (John 18:36).
People live for perhaps 100 years. Then they die. When they die, they are no longer part of this world. Let us go to Jesus and His kingdom at the time of death.

“Both were accepted as Prophets by their people in their lifetime but Jesus (pbuh) was rejected by his
people. John chapter 1 verse 11 states, "He came unto his own, but his own received him not."”
And, according to the prophesy of Jesus, Israel was destroyed. It happened in 70AD, and lasted almost 1,900 years. Only in 1949 did Israel become a nation again. But it became such in weakness, not in the strength that it had.

“Both brought new laws and new regulations for their people. Jesus (pbuh) according to the Bible did not bring any new laws.” (Mathew 5:17-18).
Jesus didn't bring any new laws. Jesus only brought the understanding of the laws that already existed.

See more: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_in_the_Bible and Videos of Zakir Naik(Recommeded).

I don't know what you were asking for sure. Why did you ask all these questions? Islam has no strength for salvation of people for Heaven. The reason is that if a person makes one mistake in life, he is guilty of breaking everything. Nobody has strength to keep from making any mistakes at all... except Jesus, because He is God. Those who Jesus saves will be saved. He won't save them if they don't believe in Him for salvation.

Smiley

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 02:40:20 AM

I would respect more, the man or women who stood between the person who was going to be stoned, and the crowd, than anyone who said a bunch of things in efforts to convince people of this or that, regardless of what book they base their thinking on.  They would be people standing idly by while a great injustice occurred.

Because of that punishment, people started to avoid "committing adultery". It may seem a bit harsh but a fee strong rules can make this better. As my native language isn't English, I don't know how to explain correctly! Sad

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 02:47:43 AM

I don't know what you were asking for sure. Why did you ask all these questions? Islam has no strength for salvation of people for Heaven. The reason is that if a person makes one mistake in life, he is guilty of breaking everything. Nobody has strength to keep from making any mistakes at all... except Jesus, because He is God. Those who Jesus saves will be saved. He won't save them if they don't believe in Him for salvation.

Smiley

Jesus isn't God. It is already proved. And also Jesus isn't crucified which means Christianity after the crucifixion is wrong.

Besides, Jesus has told to follow Prophet Muhammad(PBUH). What you said regarding the lines is wrong to be honest. Check more about it. Or it is better to see the videos: https://www.google.co.in/search?q=prophet+muhammad+in+bible+zakir+naik&hl=en&biw=320&bih=460&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ei=icEQVbSaL5WmuQTSioCQAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:52:36 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 03:05:05 AM by Spendulus

I would respect more, the man or women who stood between the person who was going to be stoned, and the crowd, than anyone who said a bunch of things in efforts to convince people of this or that, regardless of what book they base their thinking on.  They would be people standing idly by while a great injustice occurred.

Because of that punishment, people started to avoid "committing adultery". It may seem a bit harsh but a fee strong rules can make this better. As my native language isn't English, I don't know how to explain correctly! Sad

Both you and BADecker are not righteous, but self righteous.  I am not willing to suppose that in one case, it is due to the teachings of a religion and in the other it is a basic personality attribute.  Most likely it is simply the personalities.

This is not really good.

Odd, really that it would be the likes of me, an atheist to be saying such things.  If it comes to the point that an atheist feels obliged to an extent, to lecture devout Christians and devout Muslims on proper thinking and behavior, then so be it.

Smiley

Analysis.

Because of that punishment, people started to avoid "committing adultery".   Were this true, then we should bring back the punishments of drawing and quartering, the rack, the Iron Maiden, the cutting out of tongues, tarring and feathering, and all other atrocities of the past.
Clearly this is nonsense.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 03:18:15 AM

Smiley

Jesus isn't God. It is already proved. And also Jesus isn't crucified which means Christianity after the crucifixion is wrong.

Besides, Jesus has told to follow Prophet Muhammad(PBUH). What you said regarding the lines is wrong to be honest. Check more about it. Or it is better to see the videos: https://www.google.co.in/search?q=prophet+muhammad+in+bible+zakir+naik&hl=en&biw=320&bih=460&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ei=icEQVbSaL5WmuQTSioCQAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ.

In the 15-minute video that we talked about already, and that I watched, the Bible was interpreted beyond what it says. When you let the Bible interpret itself, it says what it says.

For example, when Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me," He doesn't say that every prophet is or shows the way because all the other prophets are doing the same kind of thing that He was doing. He says it clear and simple. No man goes to the Father except through Jesus. Period.

Anyone who says that Jesus is making statements that show any other prophet can make true statements, is a liar, even if he lies in ignorance. Nobody needs to watch the other videos that are presented. The example of the one already watched shows that these others are going to be full of lies as well.

Smiley

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 05:01:52 AM

In the 15-minute video that we talked about already, and that I watched, the Bible was interpreted beyond what it says. When you let the Bible interpret itself, it says what it says.

No, it was interpreted correctly. Churches interpret it wrong to make it feel as "true". If it was interpreted as true, Christian religious professor in that video and in 3 hours long video wouldn't loose the debate.

For example, when Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me," He doesn't say that every prophet is or shows the way because all the other prophets are doing the same kind of thing that He was doing. He says it clear and simple. No man goes to the Father except through Jesus. Period.

At that period, no man goes to God except Jesus. Its crystal clear. In other prophet's period, for example, Moses' period, "no man goes to God except through Moses". Jesus also said to follow Muhammad(PBUH) after Jesus' period. So you avoid that commands and only accept the ones which make you feel better? I tell you that when you also accept that commands, it will make you feel better than earlier.

Anyone who says that Jesus is making statements that show any other prophet can make true statements, is a liar, even if he lies in ignorance. Nobody needs to watch the other videos that are presented. The example of the one already watched shows that these others are going to be full of lies as well.

Smiley

Hiding truth is lie than revealing truth. Interesting. Jesus wasn't crucified and Bible was edited numerous times and yet you believe in it? If it was unedited, it wouldn't be a problem. But humans already edited and changed things to their own likes. Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 05:40:21 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2015, 12:50:06 PM by BADecker

Quote from: Muhammed Zakir link=topic=888757.msg10867622#msg10867
At that period, no man goes to God except Jesus. Its crystal clear. In other prophet's period, for example, Moses' period, "no man goes to God except through Moses". Jesus also said to follow Muhammad(PBUH) after Jesus' period. So you avoid that commands and only accept the ones which make you feel better? I tell you that when you also accept that commands, it will make you feel better than earlier.

Even by your own idea, this has always been Jesus' period, because Jesus is still alive after His resurrection. He has been alive throughout all of history, including the Old Testament times. It was Jesus walking in the Garden with Adam and Eve in the cool of the day. It is Jesus Who was the Angel of the Lord that went with Israel at the times before, during and following Moses.

Jesus, being God, has always been alive. Even when He was dead in the grave, His Spirit was alive, preaching to the dead souls in prison. Therefore, all the periods are Jesus' periods.

Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:14:12 PM

Hiding truth is lie than revealing truth. Interesting. Jesus wasn't crucified and Bible was edited numerous times and yet you believe in it? If it was unedited, it wouldn't be a problem. But humans already edited and changed things to their own likes. Smiley

But the Book of Mormon went direct from the prophet's pen to the printing press.  You do not have that level of certainty that Mohammed's words were not altered.

And although the words of Jesus can be said to have "been altered," the New Testament provides four versions of the story. 

So you really do not have a point here that's logically sustainable.  Might as well stop repeating it.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 12:16:45 PM

But the Book of Mormon went direct from the prophet's pen to the printing press.  You do not have that level of certainty that Mohammed's words were not altered.

And although the words of Jesus can be said to have "been altered," the New Testament provides four versions of the story. 

So you really do not have a point here that's logically sustainable.  Might as well stop repeating it.

He isn't a prophet.

If Qur'an was altered, you can see mistakes in it, human errors. But there is no errors.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:56:19 PM

Dictionary definitions for the word "prophet" from http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prophet?s=t:
prophet
[prof-it]

noun
1. a person who speaks for God or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

2. a person chosen to speak for God and to guide the people of Israel: Moses was the greatest of Old Testament prophets.
    (often initial capital letter) one of the Major or Minor Prophets.
    one of a band of ecstatic visionaries claiming divine inspiration and, according to popular belief, possessing magical powers.
    a person who practices divination.

3. one of a class of persons in the early church, next in order after the apostles, recognized as inspired to utter special revelations and predictions. 1 Cor. 12:28.

4. the Prophet, Muhammad, the founder of Islam.

5. a person regarded as, or claiming to be, an inspired teacher or leader.

6. a person who foretells or predicts what is to come: a weather prophet; prophets of doom.

7. a spokesperson of some doctrine, cause, or movement.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: