Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do islam hates people?  (Read 437348 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:03:34 PM

Actually it is other way. Psychos twists the part they want and take the part they like. Honestly, in that "twisting" and "taking" part, you are no different than them. You just took "keep mum" from my sentence and twisted. This is the same thing they are doing.
It is rather entertaining to watch Zakir and Badecker debate.

A Muslim fundamentalist against a Christian fundmentalist.

who would ever have thought....
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 06:08:47 PM

@redsn0w: I have no intention to offend BADecker or any other islamaphobia. They are spreading lies.

However, when a lot of the words in the Quran and the Hadith actually SAY to do violence, and when it takes a lot of twisting of other words of the Quran and Hadith to make the violent words say "peace," who is it that is doing the lying?

If you don't want to understand that words of violence are words of violence, but rather try to convert them to words of peace even though they are words of violence, what does that really say about yourself?

Smiley

Actually it is other way. Psychos twists the part they want and take the part they like. Honestly, in that "twisting" and "taking" part, you are no different than them. You just took "keep mum" from my sentence and twisted. This is the same thing they are doing.

Wow! Great discovery! Lie of the year! If you don't know what is right, then keep mum. Undecided

=snip=

Trying to make someone else "keep mum" as you expressed it, suggests that you have something to hide, and you don't want other people bringing it out into the open.
[

Except for the most important detail. This detail is that anybody can take a look and see that what I am saying is true. All they have to do is look and see what the Quran and Hadith say when they say words of violence.

Smiley

You are probably talking about verses and Hadiths at the time of war? What can we say when there is a war? "When they come with sword and kill you, don't raise your hands with intention of killing them, talk them peacefully" - This? Shocked Undecided You mist be kidding!

well everybody should just take popcorns, watch the links i just sent which you have still not commented about, and start learning a bit..

He won't comment on it. Why should he comment when he is an islamaphobia? He will wait for a moment to twist and spread FUD, when it comes, post here. If you check this thread, you can easily understand and/or see this behaviour.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:14:12 PM

@redsn0w: I have no intention to offend BADecker or any other islamaphobia. They are spreading lies.

However, when a lot of the words in the Quran and the Hadith actually SAY to do violence, and when it takes a lot of twisting of other words of the Quran and Hadith to make the violent words say "peace," who is it that is doing the lying?

If you don't want to understand that words of violence are words of violence, but rather try to convert them to words of peace even though they are words of violence, what does that really say about yourself?

Smiley

Wow! Great discovery! Lie of the year! If you don't know what is right, then keep mum. Undecided

=snip=

Trying to make someone else "keep mum" as you expressed it, suggests that you have something to hide, and you don't want other people bringing it out into the open.
[

Except for the most important detail. This detail is that anybody can take a look and see that what I am saying is true. All they have to do is look and see what the Quran and Hadith say when they say words of violence.

Smiley

You are probably talking about verses and Hadiths at the time of war? What can we say when there is a war? "When they come with sword and kill you, don't raise your hands with intention of killing them, talk them peacefully" - This? Shocked Undecided You mist be kidding!

well everybody should just take popcorns, watch the links i just sent which you have still not commented about, and start learning a bit..

He won't comment on it. Why should he comment when he is an islamaphobia? He will wait for a moment to twist and spread FUD, when it comes, post here. If you check this thread, you can easily understand and/or see this behaviour.

Jesus says in Matthew 5:43-48:
You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Jesus did this when He said about those who were crucifying Him, Luke 23:34:
Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.

Saint Paul speaking about the Father and Jesus, shows what happened when Jesus did the peace that He spoke... Ephesians 2:18-25:
I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

You Islamites are badly mistaken about the benefits of any kind of hateful violence. Likewise, you are badly mistaken when you say that Jesus was simply another prophet.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:15:25 PM

It seems the contrary. Everyone wants to have the right but there isn't exist "that right".

Who will win? I think the atheist will win this "match" ... who is atheist here?

Netpyder

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 06:17:36 PM

Smiley

=snip=

[

Smiley

You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Saint Paul speaking about the Father and Jesus, shows what happened when Jesus did the peace that He spoke... Ephesians 2:18-25:
I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

You Islamites are badly mistaken about the benefits of any kind of hateful violence. Likewise, you are badly mistaken when you say that Jesus was simply another prophet.

Smiley

hahahaha zakir you were right, and i was wishing i would be wrong this time. he did it again LOL
this guy dont know anything about his religion, he just googles whatever he needs when he need to reply.
badecker thank you for your time Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:18:14 PM

It seems the contrary. Everyone wants to have the right but there isn't exist "that right".

Who will win? I think the atheist will win this "match" ... who is atheist here?

Atheism is a weak religion that has little evidence to suggest that there is any truth to it whatsoever.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:22:15 PM

Smiley

=snip=

[

Smiley

Smiley

hahahaha zakir you were right, and i was wishing i would be wrong this time. he did it again LOL
this guy dont know anything about his religion, he just googles whatever he needs when he need to reply.

So, that's all you have left, laughing taunts. That's the same thing that the people who were crucifying Jesus did to Him. I don't have the strength of Jesus, but He grants me a portion of His strength.

If you don't accept the salvation that Jesus provides for all people, you will be lost and destroyed. Come, now, and seek Jesus. He is near you, and ready to save you in your weakness, if only you call on Him.

Smiley

Netpyder

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 06:31:13 PM

Smiley

=snip=

[

Smiley

Smiley

So, that's all you have left, laughing taunts. That's the same thing that the people who were crucifying Jesus did to Him. I don't have the strength of Jesus, but He grants me a portion of His strength.

If you don't accept the salvation that Jesus provides for all people, you will be lost and destroyed. Come, now, and seek Jesus. He is near you, and ready to save you in your weakness, if only you call on Him.

Smiley

we muslims believe in Jesus more than you christians do Cheesy
have a great time spreading your hate everywhere mate.

If you don't accept the salvation that Jesus provides for all people, you will be lost and destroyed.

well doesnt sound like a very merciful god you got there Sad to bad for me i guess?.. yeah right

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 06:42:58 PM

@BADecker:

5:8 - “O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do”

“Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

Bukhari, Book 43, Number 624:
Narrated Anas:

“Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others."”

Muslim, Book 31, Number 5881:

Ibn Umar reported that when 'Abdullah b. Ubayy b. Salul (the hypocrite) died, his son Abdullah b. Abdullah came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon -him) and asked him to give his shirt which should be used for the coffin of his father. He gave that to him. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up to say prayer over him Thereupon I Umar caught hold of the clothe of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, are you going to offer prayer, whereas Allah has forbidden to offer prayer for him, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah has given me a choice saying: Ask forgiveness for them or you may not ask for them; even if you ask for them seventy times, I will make an addition to the seventy.

He once decided to personally visit the village of Ta'if, to the east of Makkah, to invite its inhabitants to Islam. The people rejected him, stoned him, ejected him, and made him to bleed. Angel Gabriel came to him and said:
"Allah has heard what your people say to you and how they reject you. He has ordered the angels of the mountains to obey whatever you tell them to do." The angel of the mountains called him, greeted him and said, "Send me to do what you wish. If you wish, I will crush them between the two mountains of Makkah."
The Prophet said:
"Rather, I hope that Allah will bring forth from their loins those who will worship Allah alone and not associate anything with Him."  (Al-Bukhari)

attacked the Muslims, Prophet Muhammad suffered head injury and his front teeth got smashed. When the blood started to seep from his head, he swabbed it saying:
"If a drop of my blood fell on the earth, those infidels will be destroyed by Allah." Umar told him, O Messenger of Allah, Curse them! The prophet replied: "I wasn't sent (by Allah) to curse. I was sent as a mercy." Then he said: "O Allah, Guide my people!" (Authenticated by Al-Albani)
God confirms his blessed character by saying:
{And We have not sent you forth but as a mercy to mankind.} (Al-Anbiya’ 21:107)

The Prophet once said:
"A true believer is one with whom others feel secure." (Al-Bukhari)

A Bedouin once entered the mosque and started to urinate in it. Mosques at that time had no walls and carpeted floors and the ceilings were palm leaves held up by palm stems. The people ran to (prevent and restrain) him. The Prophet said:
"Do not interrupt his urination (i.e. let him finish). Then the Prophet asked for a pitcher of water to be poured over the place of urine. (Al-Bukhari)

"By God, he is not a believer, by God, he is not a believer, by God, he is not a believer, with whom his neighbors are not secure." (Al-Bukhari)

Anas ibn Malik, who served the Prophet for ten years, said that the Prophet never rebuked him:
"When I did something, he never questioned my manner of doing it; and when I did not do something, he never questioned my failure to do it. He was the most good-natured of all men." (Al-Bukhari)

Hamza was among the Prophet’s most beloved uncles. During one of the battles, Hend, the wife of Abu Sufyan, the arch enemy of the Prophet, had ordered her slave to find Hamza and pierce him with his arrow. Upon seeing him dead, she rushed to his body and cut out his liver and started chewing on it while filled with rage. Upon the conquest of Makkah, the Prophet did not seek revenge on her and accepted her and her husband as new converts and gave them full protection.

Once, when the Prophet was sitting at a place in Madinah, along with his companions, a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his companions remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied:
"Was he not a human being?" (Muslim)

The Prophet and his followers suffered a great deal during their thirteen years of living in Makkah and after their migration to Madinah. His own tribesmen and even family members continue to oppose him in not only in Makkah but rose to fight him in Madinah for over 20 years. They did not spear any effort to inflict the worse humanly possible hardship on them. In Makkah, it included, torture, sanctions, taking their lives’ belonging, separating family members and slaughtering them where ever they could find them. With God’s help and his and his companions’ steadfastness in Madinah and upholding the message of Islam, they finally conquered Makkah. Its leaders came to him fearing that he would kill them as all conquerors do. But instead, he said:
"Go! You are all free!" (Authenticated by Al-Albani)

What Great People said about the Prophet Muhammad PBUH?

Some of the famous, contemporary personalities who read the biography of the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, could not help but admit that he was a master with excellent manners and an honorable character, and the following are some of their sayings:

Michael Hart , author of ‘The 100:
A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History’ said: "My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level.”

George Bernard Shaw, the British playwright said:
“The world is in dire need of a man with the mind of Muhammad; religious people in the Middle Ages, due to their ignorance and prejudice, had pictured him in a very dark way as they used to consider him the enemy of Christianity. But after looking into the story of this man I found it to be an amazing and a miraculous one, and I came to the conclusion that he was never an enemy of Christianity, and must be called instead the savior of humanity. In my opinion, if he was to be given control over the world today, he would solve our problems and secure the peace and happiness which the world is longing for.”

Annie Besant, wrote in ‘The Life and Teachings of Muhammad’ :
“It is impossible for anyone who studies the personality of the great Prophet of the Arabs, and come to know how this prophet he used to live, and how he taught the people, but to feel respect towards this honorable prophet; one of the great messengers whom Allaah sent”

Alphonse de La Martaine wrote in ‘Historie de la Turquie’:
"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astonishing results are the three criteria of a human genius, who could dare compare any great man in history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws, and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples, dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and the souls. Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Conqueror of Ideas, Restorer of Rational beliefs... The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire -- that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?”

J.W.H. Stab wrote in ‘Islam and its Founder ’ :
“ Judged by the smallness of the means at his disposal, and the extent and permanence of the work that he accomplished, no name in world's history shines with a more specious luster than that of the Prophet of Makkah. To the impulse, which he gave, numberless dynasties have owed their existence, fair cities and stately palaces and temples have arisen, and wide provinces became obedient to the Faith. And beyond all this, his words have governed the belief of generations, been accepted as their rule of life, and their certain guide to the world to come. At a thousand shrines the voices of the faithful invoke blessings on him, whom they esteem the very Prophet of God, the seal of the Apostles… Judged by the standards to human renown, the glory of what mortal can compare with his?”

Dr. Gustav Weil writes in ‘History of the Islamic Peoples ’:
“Muhammad was a shining example to his people. His character was pure and stainless. His house, his dress, his food - they were characterized by a rare simplicity. So unpretentious was he that he would receive from his companions no special mark of reverence, nor would he accept any service from his slave which he could do for himself. He was accessible to all and at all times. He visited the sick and was full of sympathy for all. Unlimited was his benevolence and generosity as also was his anxious care for the welfare of the community.”

Th e British philosopher, Thomas Carlyle, who won the Nobel Prize for his book ‘The Heroes’ wrote:
“It is a great shame for any one to listen to the accusation that Islaam is a lie and that Muhammad was a fabricator and a deceiver. We saw that he remained steadfast upon his principles, with firm determination; kind and generous, compassionate, pious, virtuous, with real manhood, hardworking and sincere. Besides all these qualities, he was lenient with others, tolerant, kind, cheerful and praiseworthy and perhaps he would joke and tease his companions. He was just, truthful, smart, pure, magnanimous and present-minded; his face was radiant as if he had lights within him to illuminate the darkest of nights; he was a great man by nature who was not educated in a school nor nurtured by a teacher as he was not in need of any of this.”

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the German writer said:
“Us, Europeans, with all our concepts could not reach what Muhammad has reached, and no one will be able to precede him. I have looked in the history of humanity for an example and found that it was Muhammad, as the truth must be revealed. Indeed, Muhammad succeeded to subdue the entire world to monotheism”.

Edit:

One old woman made a habit of throwing rubbish on Prophet Muhammad whenever he passed from her house. Muhammad had to pass that house daily on the way to the mosque. Even when the old woman threw rubbish on him, he would pass silently without showing any anger or annoyance. This was a regular, daily event.

One day when the Prophet was passing by, the woman was not there to throw the rubbish. He stopped and asked the neighbour about her well-being. The neighbour informed the Prophet that the woman was sick on bed. The Prophet politely asked permission to visit the woman. When allowed he entered the house, the woman thought that he had come there to take his revenge when she was unable to defend herself because of sickness. But the Prophet assured her that he had come to her, not to take any revenge, but to see her and to look after her needs, as it was the command of Allah that if any one is sick, a Muslim should visit him and should help him if his help is needed

The old woman was greatly moved by this kindness and love of the Prophet. By the example of greatness of Muhammad, she understood that he was truly the Prophet of God and Islam was the true religion. She accepted Islam at once.

On another occasion, Prophet Muhammad was on a journey. One day, at noon, Prophet Muhammad chose the shade of a small tree and rested.

One of the enemies seeing that Muhammad was alone thought it a good time to kill him quickly and quietly. He went towards him with a drawn sword and asked the Prophet:

"Tell me who can help you now?"

"Allah", replied the Prophet calmly with manifest confidence.

Seeing this calm assurance, the enemy was frightened, and the sword fell away from his hands. With the same calm, the Prophet took that sword in his own hand and asked: "Now, you tell me who is there to save you?"

"No one" replied the enemy.

"No, you are wrong, the same Allah will help you also," said the generous Prophet and let the enemy go free.

jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:43:54 PM

Actually, the phrase "allah akbar" has already been hijacked to refer to gibberish spouted by a maniac in a pseudo-Islamic killing frenzy.  

That's over and done.  That's what the phrase means.

Even I think you are letting your own bias and hatred color things too much now. You take something you have a one-dimensional view of and declare it to be a universal truth? Get over yourself a bit.
Universal truth?

I am only referring to the way the phrase is being perverted which is well understood.

...and declaring it to be the exclusive meaning of the phrase. Does that seem fair to you? (At least, it seems to me you are declaring that to be the case with the conclusion "That's over and done. That's what the phrase means.")

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:49:57 PM

Atheism is a weak religion that has little evidence to suggest that there is any truth to it whatsoever.

Smiley

It is not a religion, if you don't believe in a God then we cannot call it religion. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Smiley

If you don't accept the salvation that Jesus provides for all people, you will be lost and destroyed.

well doesnt sound like a very merciful god you got there Sad to bad for me i guess?.. yeah right

I have heard that the prophet Jesus is nominated more times than the other one (Mohammed) in the Quran, or am I wrong?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:52:19 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 07:19:04 PM by BADecker

That might be true in some ways regarding some Christians and some Islamites.

The depth of the human soul as it is connected to nature and the universe, combined with the complexity of the universe, makes it very difficult to save the soul. There is only one way to be saved - the saving of the soul. It is through accepting the work that Jesus did on the cross.

The greatest reason that Islam is a hateful religion is that, while Islam might talk about Jesus, it bypasses the major reason why Jesus came to the earth at all. And in so doing, Islam condemns its followers to the destruction of Hell, just like it speaks many major violence directives in its holy books.

Words of warning to Islamites and others are just that... words of warning. The words of warning express the violence that will take place on the earth for all who do not accept the only salvation, the salvation Jesus provides. They are words of warning designed to bring Islamites and others out of the disaster that is befalling them for not accepting Jesus salvation.

If Islamites want to think that Christianity is directing words of violence at them, they are missing the point. It is the words of Islam that are making the violence REAL for Islamites by pointing them away from the only salvation that there is, Jesus salvation. Islam is a lie that is bringing Islamites to the violent destruction that awaits them when it points them away from Jesus salvation, the only salvation that exists.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:57:35 PM

Smiley

It is not a religion, if you don't believe in a God then we cannot call it religion. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The evidences of the universe suggest there is a God outside of man himself. Atheists suggest that there is no God in the face of the evidences for God. Thus, the atheists are setting themselves up as God, even though they don't recognize that this is what they are doing. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395. So, atheism has a God. It is mankind, himself, even though he is self-contradictory in his religion of atheism.

Smiley

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 07:05:27 PM

I told you he is an islamaphobia. The problem with a phobic is that he only thinks with a phobic mind which is very limited when he thinks of what his phobia is about. So he can't grasp it and spread FUD. Unfortunately, that's what he is doing but I don't blame him as phobics are like that. Sad

Netpyder

Scam / Scammer Hunter

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 07:10:05 PM

I told you he is an islamaphobia. The problem with a phobic is that he only thinks with a phobic mind which is very limited when he thinks of what his phobia is about. So he can't grasp it and spread FUD. Unfortunately, that's what he is doing but I don't blame him as phobics are like that. Sad

its a sad disease. when you are phobic you are like in a bubble and think that only in that bubble you are safe... until one day the bubble breaks and you fall high on your bottom... sad for this guy

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:12:26 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 08:54:18 PM by Spendulus

Watching you two debate, part of it is watching the wrong ideas BOTH of you come up with.
 And you have as many as he does.  Eisenhower the Mass Murderer is a pretty good bit of crazy talk.

Of course I am right on this, because the only time I was wrong was when I doubted I was right.
See?  I'm totally right.  Zakir is totally right.  Badecker is totally right.
Smiley
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:14:28 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 07:28:41 PM by BADecker

@BADecker:

5:8 - “O ye who believe! stand out firmly for Allah, as witnesses to fair dealing, and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice. Be just: that is next to piety: and fear Allah. For Allah is well-acquainted with all that ye do”

“Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong to them. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong (even) if they do evil.” (Al-Tirmidhi)

Bukhari, Book 43, Number 624:
Narrated Anas:

“Allah's Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, "O Allah's Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?" The Prophet said, "By preventing him from oppressing others."”

Muslim, Book 31, Number 5881:

Ibn Umar reported that when 'Abdullah b. Ubayy b. Salul (the hypocrite) died, his son Abdullah b. Abdullah came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon -him) and asked him to give his shirt which should be used for the coffin of his father. He gave that to him. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) stood up to say prayer over him Thereupon I Umar caught hold of the clothe of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, are you going to offer prayer, whereas Allah has forbidden to offer prayer for him, whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Allah has given me a choice saying: Ask forgiveness for them or you may not ask for them; even if you ask for them seventy times, I will make an addition to the seventy.

He once decided to personally visit the village of Ta'if, to the east of Makkah, to invite its inhabitants to Islam. The people rejected him, stoned him, ejected him, and made him to bleed. Angel Gabriel came to him and said:
"Allah has heard what your people say to you and how they reject you. He has ordered the angels of the mountains to obey whatever you tell them to do." The angel of the mountains called him, greeted him and said, "Send me to do what you wish. If you wish, I will crush them between the two mountains of Makkah."
The Prophet said:
"Rather, I hope that Allah will bring forth from their loins those who will worship Allah alone and not associate anything with Him."  (Al-Bukhari)

attacked the Muslims, Prophet Muhammad suffered head injury and his front teeth got smashed. When the blood started to seep from his head, he swabbed it saying:
"If a drop of my blood fell on the earth, those infidels will be destroyed by Allah." Umar told him, O Messenger of Allah, Curse them! The prophet replied: "I wasn't sent (by Allah) to curse. I was sent as a mercy." Then he said: "O Allah, Guide my people!" (Authenticated by Al-Albani)
God confirms his blessed character by saying:
{And We have not sent you forth but as a mercy to mankind.} (Al-Anbiya’ 21:107)

The Prophet once said:
"A true believer is one with whom others feel secure." (Al-Bukhari)

A Bedouin once entered the mosque and started to urinate in it. Mosques at that time had no walls and carpeted floors and the ceilings were palm leaves held up by palm stems. The people ran to (prevent and restrain) him. The Prophet said:
"Do not interrupt his urination (i.e. let him finish). Then the Prophet asked for a pitcher of water to be poured over the place of urine. (Al-Bukhari)

"By God, he is not a believer, by God, he is not a believer, by God, he is not a believer, with whom his neighbors are not secure." (Al-Bukhari)

Anas ibn Malik, who served the Prophet for ten years, said that the Prophet never rebuked him:
"When I did something, he never questioned my manner of doing it; and when I did not do something, he never questioned my failure to do it. He was the most good-natured of all men." (Al-Bukhari)

Hamza was among the Prophet’s most beloved uncles. During one of the battles, Hend, the wife of Abu Sufyan, the arch enemy of the Prophet, had ordered her slave to find Hamza and pierce him with his arrow. Upon seeing him dead, she rushed to his body and cut out his liver and started chewing on it while filled with rage. Upon the conquest of Makkah, the Prophet did not seek revenge on her and accepted her and her husband as new converts and gave them full protection.

Once, when the Prophet was sitting at a place in Madinah, along with his companions, a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his companions remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied:
"Was he not a human being?" (Muslim)

The Prophet and his followers suffered a great deal during their thirteen years of living in Makkah and after their migration to Madinah. His own tribesmen and even family members continue to oppose him in not only in Makkah but rose to fight him in Madinah for over 20 years. They did not spear any effort to inflict the worse humanly possible hardship on them. In Makkah, it included, torture, sanctions, taking their lives’ belonging, separating family members and slaughtering them where ever they could find them. With God’s help and his and his companions’ steadfastness in Madinah and upholding the message of Islam, they finally conquered Makkah. Its leaders came to him fearing that he would kill them as all conquerors do. But instead, he said:
"Go! You are all free!" (Authenticated by Al-Albani)

What Great People said about the Prophet Muhammad PBUH?

Some of the famous, contemporary personalities who read the biography of the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, could not help but admit that he was a master with excellent manners and an honorable character, and the following are some of their sayings:

Michael Hart , author of ‘The 100:
A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History’ said: "My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world's most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level.”

George Bernard Shaw, the British playwright said:
“The world is in dire need of a man with the mind of Muhammad; religious people in the Middle Ages, due to their ignorance and prejudice, had pictured him in a very dark way as they used to consider him the enemy of Christianity. But after looking into the story of this man I found it to be an amazing and a miraculous one, and I came to the conclusion that he was never an enemy of Christianity, and must be called instead the savior of humanity. In my opinion, if he was to be given control over the world today, he would solve our problems and secure the peace and happiness which the world is longing for.”

Annie Besant, wrote in ‘The Life and Teachings of Muhammad’ :
“It is impossible for anyone who studies the personality of the great Prophet of the Arabs, and come to know how this prophet he used to live, and how he taught the people, but to feel respect towards this honorable prophet; one of the great messengers whom Allaah sent”

Alphonse de La Martaine wrote in ‘Historie de la Turquie’:
"If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astonishing results are the three criteria of a human genius, who could dare compare any great man in history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws, and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples, dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and the souls. Philosopher, Orator, Apostle, Legislator, Conqueror of Ideas, Restorer of Rational beliefs... The founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire -- that is Muhammad. As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?”

J.W.H. Stab wrote in ‘Islam and its Founder ’ :
“ Judged by the smallness of the means at his disposal, and the extent and permanence of the work that he accomplished, no name in world's history shines with a more specious luster than that of the Prophet of Makkah. To the impulse, which he gave, numberless dynasties have owed their existence, fair cities and stately palaces and temples have arisen, and wide provinces became obedient to the Faith. And beyond all this, his words have governed the belief of generations, been accepted as their rule of life, and their certain guide to the world to come. At a thousand shrines the voices of the faithful invoke blessings on him, whom they esteem the very Prophet of God, the seal of the Apostles… Judged by the standards to human renown, the glory of what mortal can compare with his?”

Dr. Gustav Weil writes in ‘History of the Islamic Peoples ’:
“Muhammad was a shining example to his people. His character was pure and stainless. His house, his dress, his food - they were characterized by a rare simplicity. So unpretentious was he that he would receive from his companions no special mark of reverence, nor would he accept any service from his slave which he could do for himself. He was accessible to all and at all times. He visited the sick and was full of sympathy for all. Unlimited was his benevolence and generosity as also was his anxious care for the welfare of the community.”

Th e British philosopher, Thomas Carlyle, who won the Nobel Prize for his book ‘The Heroes’ wrote:
“It is a great shame for any one to listen to the accusation that Islaam is a lie and that Muhammad was a fabricator and a deceiver. We saw that he remained steadfast upon his principles, with firm determination; kind and generous, compassionate, pious, virtuous, with real manhood, hardworking and sincere. Besides all these qualities, he was lenient with others, tolerant, kind, cheerful and praiseworthy and perhaps he would joke and tease his companions. He was just, truthful, smart, pure, magnanimous and present-minded; his face was radiant as if he had lights within him to illuminate the darkest of nights; he was a great man by nature who was not educated in a school nor nurtured by a teacher as he was not in need of any of this.”

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the German writer said:
“Us, Europeans, with all our concepts could not reach what Muhammad has reached, and no one will be able to precede him. I have looked in the history of humanity for an example and found that it was Muhammad, as the truth must be revealed. Indeed, Muhammad succeeded to subdue the entire world to monotheism”.

Edit:

One old woman made a habit of throwing rubbish on Prophet Muhammad whenever he passed from her house. Muhammad had to pass that house daily on the way to the mosque. Even when the old woman threw rubbish on him, he would pass silently without showing any anger or annoyance. This was a regular, daily event.

One day when the Prophet was passing by, the woman was not there to throw the rubbish. He stopped and asked the neighbour about her well-being. The neighbour informed the Prophet that the woman was sick on bed. The Prophet politely asked permission to visit the woman. When allowed he entered the house, the woman thought that he had come there to take his revenge when she was unable to defend herself because of sickness. But the Prophet assured her that he had come to her, not to take any revenge, but to see her and to look after her needs, as it was the command of Allah that if any one is sick, a Muslim should visit him and should help him if his help is needed

The old woman was greatly moved by this kindness and love of the Prophet. By the example of greatness of Muhammad, she understood that he was truly the Prophet of God and Islam was the true religion. She accepted Islam at once.

On another occasion, Prophet Muhammad was on a journey. One day, at noon, Prophet Muhammad chose the shade of a small tree and rested.

One of the enemies seeing that Muhammad was alone thought it a good time to kill him quickly and quietly. He went towards him with a drawn sword and asked the Prophet:

"Tell me who can help you now?"

"Allah", replied the Prophet calmly with manifest confidence.

Seeing this calm assurance, the enemy was frightened, and the sword fell away from his hands. With the same calm, the Prophet took that sword in his own hand and asked: "Now, you tell me who is there to save you?"

"No one" replied the enemy.

"No, you are wrong, the same Allah will help you also," said the generous Prophet and let the enemy go free.

I agree. Islam is quite a mixed up religion.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...

but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful.   And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone.  But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"  (Translation is from the Noble Quran)  The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries.  In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did).  The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse).  The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation.  Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."  Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.  From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".  This speaks directly of polytheists, yet it also includes Christians, since they believe in the Trinity (ie. what Muhammad incorrectly believed to be 'joining companions to Allah').

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."  The martyrs of Islam are unlike the early Christians, who were led meekly to the slaughter.  These Muslims are killed in battle as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah.  This is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.

Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…"

Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-"  This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes.  It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle.  Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption.  (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."  Is pursuing an injured and retreating enemy really an act of self-defense?

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"  No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end."

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah"  Some translations interpret "fitna" as "persecution", but the traditional understanding of this word is not supported by the historical context (See notes for  2:193).  The Meccans were simply refusing Muhammad access to their city during Haj.  Other Muslims were allowed to travel there - just not as an armed group, since Muhammad had declared war on Mecca prior to his eviction.  The Meccans were also acting in defense of their religion, since it was Muhammad's intention to destroy their idols and establish Islam by force (which he later did).  Hence the critical part of this verse is to fight until "religion is only for Allah", meaning that the true justification of violence was the unbelief of the opposition.  According to the Sira (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 324) Muhammad further explains that "Allah must have no rivals."

Quran (8:57) - "If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember."  

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."

Quran (8:59-60) - "And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape.  Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy."

Quran (8:65) - "O Prophet, exhort the believers to fight..."

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."  According to this verse, the best way of staying safe from Muslim violence is to convert to Islam (prayer (salat) and the poor tax (zakat) are among the religion's Five Pillars).  This popular claim that the Quran only inspires violence within the context of self-defense is seriously challenged by this passage as well, since the Muslims to whom it was written were obviously not under attack.  Had they been, then there would have been no waiting period (earlier verses make it a duty for Muslims to fight in self-defense, even during the sacred months).  The historical context is Mecca after the idolaters were subjugated by Muhammad and posed no threat.  Once the Muslims had the power, they violently evicted those unbelievers who would not convert.

Quran (9:14) - "Fight against them so that Allah will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people." Humiliating and hurting non-believers not only has the blessing of Allah, but it is ordered as a means of carrying out his punishment and even "healing" the hearts of Muslims.

Quran (9:20) - "Those who believe, and have left their homes and striven with their wealth and their lives in Allah's way are of much greater worth in Allah's sight. These are they who are triumphant."  The Arabic word interpreted as "striving" in this verse is the same root as "Jihad".  The context is obviously holy war.

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."  "People of the Book" refers to Christians and Jews.  According to this verse, they are to be violently subjugated, with the sole justification being their religious status.  This was one of the final "revelations" from Allah and it set in motion the tenacious military expansion, in which Muhammad's companions managed to conquer two-thirds of the Christian world in the next 100 years.  Islam is intended to dominate all other people and faiths.

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (9:38-39) - "O ye who believe! what is the matter with you, that, when ye are asked to go forth in the cause of Allah, ye cling heavily to the earth? Do ye prefer the life of this world to the Hereafter? But little is the comfort of this life, as compared with the Hereafter. Unless ye go forth, He will punish you with a grievous penalty, and put others in your place."  This is a warning to those who refuse to fight, that they will be punished with Hell.

Quran (9:41) - "Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah! That is best for you if ye but knew."  See also the verse that follows (9:42) - "If there had been immediate gain (in sight), and the journey easy, they would (all) without doubt have followed thee, but the distance was long, (and weighed) on them"  This contradicts the myth that Muslims are to fight only in self-defense, since the wording implies that battle will be waged a long distance from home (in another country and on Christian soil, in this case, according to the historians).

Quran (9:73) - "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination."  Dehumanizing those who reject Islam, by reminding Muslims that unbelievers are merely firewood for Hell, makes it easier to justify slaughter.  It also explains why today's devout Muslims have little regard for those outside the faith.

Quran (9:88) - "But the Messenger, and those who believe with him, strive and fight with their wealth and their persons: for them are (all) good things: and it is they who will prosper."

Quran (9:111) - "Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the Gospel, and the Quran: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah? then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement supreme."  How does the Quran define a true believer?

Quran (9:123) - "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction."  Note that the crime is moral transgression, and the punishment is "utter destruction."  (Before ordering the 9/11 attacks, Osama bin Laden first issued Americans an invitation to Islam).

Quran (18:65-81) - This parable lays the theological groundwork for honor killings, in which a family member is murdered because they brought shame to the family, either through apostasy or perceived moral indiscretion.  The story (which is not found in any Jewish or Christian source) tells of Moses encountering a man with "special knowledge" who does things which don't seem to make sense on the surface, but are then justified according to later explanation.  One such action is to murder a youth for no apparent reason (74).  However, the wise man later explains that it was feared that the boy would "grieve" his parents by "disobedience and ingratitude."  He was killed so that Allah could provide them a 'better' son.  (Note: This is one reason why honor killing is sanctioned by Sharia.  Reliance of the Traveler (Umdat al-Saliq) says that punishment for murder is not applicable when a parent or grandparent kills their offspring (o.1.1-2).)

Quran (21:44) - "We gave the good things of this life to these men and their fathers until the period grew long for them; See they not that We gradually reduce the land (in their control) from its outlying borders? Is it then they who will win?"

Quran (25:52) - "Therefore listen not to the Unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness..."   "Strive against" is Jihad - obviously not in the personal context.  It's also significant to point out that this is a Meccan verse.

Quran (33:60-62) - "If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while.  Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."   This passage sanctions the slaughter (rendered "merciless" and "horrible murder" in other translations) against three groups: Hypocrites (Muslims who refuse to "fight in the way of Allah" (3:167) and hence don't act as Muslims should), those with "diseased hearts" (which include Jews and Christians 5:51-52), and "alarmists" or "agitators who include those who merely speak out against Islam, according to Muhammad's biographers.  It is worth noting that the victims are to be sought out by Muslims, which is what today's terrorists do.  If this passage is meant merely to apply to the city of Medina, then it is unclear why it is included in Allah's eternal word to Muslim generations.

Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who disbelieve follow falsehood, while those who believe follow the truth from their Lord... So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives)... If it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."  Those who reject Allah are to be killed in Jihad.  The wounded are to be held captive for ransom.  The only reason Allah doesn't do the dirty work himself is to to test the faithfulness of Muslims.  Those who kill pass the test.

Quran (47:35) - "Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost (Shakir: "have the upper hand") for Allah is with you,"  

Quran (48:17) - "There is no blame for the blind, nor is there blame for the lame, nor is there blame for the sick (that they go not forth to war). And whoso obeyeth Allah and His messenger, He will make him enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow; and whoso turneth back, him will He punish with a painful doom."  Contemporary apologists sometimes claim that Jihad means 'spiritual struggle.'  Is so, then why are the blind, lame and sick exempted?  This verse also says that those who do not fight will suffer torment in hell.

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"  Islam is not about treating everyone equally.  There are two very distinct standards that are applied based on religious status.  Also the word used for 'hard' or 'ruthless' in this verse shares the same root as the word translated as 'painful' or severe' in verse 16.

Quran (61:4) - "Surely Allah loves those who fight in His way"  Religion of Peace, indeed! The verse explicitly refers to "battle array" meaning that it is speaking of physical conflict.  This is followed by (61:9): "He it is who has sent His Messenger (Mohammed) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam) to make it victorious over all religions even though the infidels may resist."  (See next verse, below).  Infidels who resist Islamic rule are to be fought.

Quran (61:10-12) - "O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a commerce that will save you from a painful torment. That you believe in Allah and His Messenger (Muhammad ), and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwelling in Gardens of 'Adn - Eternity ['Adn (Edn) Paradise], that is indeed the great success."  This verse refers to physical battle in order to make Islam victorious over other religions (see above).  It uses the Arabic word, Jihad.

Quran (66:9) - "O Prophet! Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites, and be stern with them. Hell will be their home, a hapless journey's end."  The root word of "Jihad" is used again here.  The context is clearly holy war, and the scope of violence is broadened to include "hypocrites" - those who call themselves Muslims but do not act as such.

Smiley

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:21:43 PM

Actually, the phrase "allah akbar" has already been hijacked to refer to gibberish spouted by a maniac in a pseudo-Islamic killing frenzy.  

Even I think you are letting your own bias and hatred color things too much now. You take something you have a one-dimensional view of and declare it to be a universal truth? Get over yourself a bit.
Universal truth?

I am only referring to the way the phrase is being perverted which is well understood.

...and declaring it to be the exclusive meaning of the phrase. Does that seem fair to you? (At least, it seems to me you are declaring that to be the case with the conclusion "That's over and done. That's what the phrase means.")
Okay, let me restrict the scope of my comment to something like "In america", or "In non-muslim countries" or such.  Obviously if a Muslim heard it he knows what the words mean.

But when a US citizen hears it in the context of foreign words in English, it pretty much refers to something a foaming at the mouth mad dog Islamic Terrorist HAS been reported to have said in the midst of heinous unprovoked acts.
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:48:47 PM

Universal truth?

Okay, let me restrict the scope of my comment to something like "In america", or "In non-muslim countries" or such.  Obviously if a Muslim heard it he knows what the words mean.

But when a US citizen hears it in the context of foreign words in English, it pretty much refers to something a foaming at the mouth mad dog Islamic Terrorist HAS been reported to have said in the midst of heinous unprovoked acts.

I think this is closer to fair. But I am an American, and when I hear the phrase, I understand it's association with violent acts (especially to Americans who mostly hear it exclusively in that context), but I also know this to be a fringe use of the phrase.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:51:42 PM

Universal truth?

I think this is closer to fair. But I am an American, and when I hear the phrase, I understand it's association with violent acts (especially to Americans who mostly hear it exclusively in that context), but I also know this to be a fringe use of the phrase.
Where I'm headed with that is that if I was Muslim I'd consider it a severe insult for extremists to have hijacked what are essentially from that world view, sacred words.

Then again as you mention from within their world speaking Farsi and such they may not even realize that has happened.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: