Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:05:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628602 times)
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:56:40 PM

Dargo wrote that transfers with your other bankaccount were transfered without problem. So why don't you change your bank back?
And surely they will check if everything is correct before they send the money.
When you do online banking no bank does check, if the IBAN matches the name of beneficiary.
It is a shame.
I was quite happy using Kraken, but since they began to use same excuses as MtGox, I guess Kraken will be the next to go down.
Luckily Bitstamp seems to work very well. Never had any problems with them
yes there are problems with some customers and it's a slow and not that good support, when the topic is withdraw/deposit.
But to compare it with mtgox is just foolish and childish -.-

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
martinhyl

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 12:37:35 AM

You can call me whatever you want.
But i can not see that everything is happening as Kraken is telling me it is.
It can not be true that a bank spends 2 months looking to see where the money is!! And with no result
I got a response from Kraken, that the money was sent out 2 weeks ago.
That is around 5 weeks later than they stated the transfer successful.

- 5 January the transfer has a status of successfull
Money never arrives on my account, and i contact support. They tell me everything is ok from their side

Sal January 31, 2014 01:36

Hi,

I see this as successful on our end. Usually if there was a problem, the funds would be sent back by now. Let me know if you're still having a problem and we'll launch an investigation.

Best,

Sal
Kraken Support

Then there is some more communication via their ticket system, still no result.

Then Krakensupport at Reddit tells me this:

[–]krakensupport 1 point 1 day ago

Wow, that's a lot of back and forth with support. I can confirm that the funds had already left Kraken two weeks ago. It appears the funds are stuck somewhere in the banking system, and so it makes sense that our support agents can't tell you much at this stage. However, I can also confirm that our bank is currently investigating. We'll get back to you over support with more details asap.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Kraken/comments/1yy4uy/pending_usd_withdrawals_have_been_cancelled/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So why are they telling me that money was sent 5th January, when i now get new information that it is just recently sent out (14 February)

How am I supposed to believe that they are telling me the truth?
kendo451

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:06:32 PM

I agree with martinhyl.

Kraken has been having major problems with deposits and withdrawals, especially USD deposits and withdrawals.

The customer support was very slow to address this issue, until they finally said no more USD withdrawals.

Kraken CEO Jesse Powell recently posted a comment on CoinDesk denying that Kraken has suspended USD withdrawals, even though many of us had received an email from Kraken advising us of that situation.

My concern is that Kraken's CEO Jesse Powell is another Mark Karpeles.

Why do I say that?

Jesse is a kid who made a lot of money trading magic swords and things in computer games. 

He "came out of retirement" to start Payward/Kraken after he saw in 2011 that MtGox was messed up from the inside.

Yes, as Kraken has faced difficulties with their banks over the past two months, instead of just telling us the truth, Jesse has blustered and covered up just like Mark Karpeles did - until he couldn't cover it up anymore.  Then and only then did he come clean with us, the customers.

I have very little confidence that computer gamer Jesse Powell has the knowledge or integrity to run a financial institution, which is what Kraken is.

If he wants to change my mind, he needs to start taking RESPONSIBILITY for the performance of his company immediately, instead of blustering.  He needs to put in place 5 Parties Model of governance.  And he needs to start processing withdrawal wires in less than 3 business days.
btcx (OP)
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 08:20:40 PM

I agree with martinhyl.
Kraken has been having major problems with deposits and withdrawals, especially USD deposits and withdrawals
The customer support was very slow to address this issue, until they finally said no more USD withdrawals.
Kraken CEO Jesse Powell recently posted a comment on CoinDesk denying that Kraken has suspended USD withdrawals, even though many of us had received an email from Kraken advising us of that situation.
My concern is that Kraken's CEO Jesse Powell is another Mark Karpeles.

Hey guys,

If we said no more USD withdrawals, I'm unaware of that statement.  We canceled pending USD withdrawals to give people both the opportunity to trade in a down market (many were asking), and to convert USD balances to EUR, which would help you get your withdrawals faster.  You're right that we've been having a ton of trouble with our USD bank, and a little trouble with our EUR bank, and no trouble with bitcoin.  We're doing the best we can with what we've got and to a large extent we are at the mercy of our gateways to the legacy financial system.  If our USD bank says we can only send 10 wires a day, that's how many wires go out, and that's how a backlog is created.  If our EUR bank has no limit on wires, surely, it'd make sense to encourage people to convert their balances to EUR, receive a generous bonus, and withdraw that way.  We can't force anyone to convert balances so we have to ask you.  If you want to withdraw USD now you can go ahead and put the request in and jump in the queue but if you want it soon, my advice is to convert your balance to EUR and withdraw it that way.  We shut off USD deposits because we knew that they would be creating new USD withdrawal requests that were beyond our capacity.  So, our goal is to get out of USD entirely until we have a much stronger banking partner for USD.  It really hasn't been worth the headache.

I can understand your concern and I can assure you that your funds are safe.  We'll be providing results of an audit this week, which I hope will allay your fears.  In the meantime, I highly encourage you to convert your USD balance to EUR and withdraw EUR.  The 2% bonus you receive will more than cover any conversion rates you pay back to USD at your bank.  If you don't mind waiting what might be 2 more weeks, please do keep your USD balance and withdraw that.  Effectively, they're the same option, just one is faster and nets you more money, and we can't force you to take it.

I'm really sorry for all the trouble we've caused and the poor service we've given to USD customers.  We will be very careful about opening other fiat support in the future, making sure that the bank will be able to handle projected volumes.  In this case, our bank was initially supportive of what we were doing but as our volumes went up, they got more restrictive.  Unfortunately, it's not a situation that is negotiable.  In the United States, banks don't have to take your account and they can terminate you at any time, for any reason.

I hope you'll continue to use the service and I hope we can give you a better experience going forward.  Thanks for voicing your concerns and giving me a chance to respond.  Clearly, we all need to be scrutinizing of the people we trust to hold our money.

Jesse

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
kendo451

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:57:38 AM

Thanks, Jesse.  Your apology is a step in the right direction.  I look forward to seeing the audit.

Best regards,
Ken
CybeRoky

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 10:09:37 AM

@Dergo

Are your team planing to make a mobile app for android soon? Or at least a mobile version of web page.. Because is hard to load and manage trades from page for some older android phones (Galaxy S2)
KrakenTrader

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:11:02 PM

My Kraken experiences continues to be very positive.
I had requested an EURO SEPA withdrawal this morning little before 9.00
and had the money arriving in my account at 15.20

I haven't heard of any exchange being able to send withdrawals just that fast.
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:41:15 PM

most users have this positiv experience. But for some reasons there are users with have heavy problems.
I think it would help, if we would knnow the bank and/or the country from these people. Kraken should check this and maybe this helps and you can say "all from this country could have problems and should switch to a bank ..."

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

most users have this positiv experience. But for some reasons there are users with have heavy problems.
I think it would help, if we would knnow the bank and/or the country from these people. Kraken should check this and maybe this helps and you can say "all from this country could have problems and should switch to a bank ..."

Yes, I've already started a project to analyze our transaction track record and I'll post a report here of the results. One thing I'm looking for is any patterns in terms of specific countries or even banks. I should be finished within a few days at most.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:35:09 PM

Any word on when margin trading will be enabled? XBT/EUR volume has picked up considerably in the past month with the demise of MtGox. It's not enough for the scary 10x leverage that can be seen on the order screen, but something more mellow like 2x-3x should be doable, right?
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:36:41 PM

@Dergo

Are your team planing to make a mobile app for android soon? Or at least a mobile version of web page.. Because is hard to load and manage trades from page for some older android phones (Galaxy S2)

I expect the iOS app to come out first, then the android app. Both are planned, but I don't have an ETA for either.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:43:14 PM

@Dergo

I expect the iOS app to come out first, then the android app. Both are planned, but I don't have an ETA for either.

Have you already convinced Apple to accept the app? Because they've not been too friendly when it comes to Bitcoin apps of late.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Any word on when margin trading will be enabled? XBT/EUR volume has picked up considerably in the past month with the demise of MtGox. It's not enough for the scary 10x leverage that can be seen on the order screen, but something more mellow like 2x-3x should be doable, right?

I don't have any word on this, but I agree that the volume is getting to the point that margin trading is workable. The only caveat is that we have seen volume this high even quite a long time ago, but it was followed by some days of quite low volume (~150 24 hr volume), but it's reasonable to think this is probably behind us. I'll check on the status and report back.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:50:49 PM

I've been using kraken for months without trouble (euros and BTC transfers and trade both ways), however I don't have utility bills bearing my name to get a higher verification tier, wouldn't my French ID (that includes my address) be enough ?

I (re-)verified using my bank-statement, because utility bills weren't in my name either. You could give that a try.

If you are still stuck, I'd recommend that you just create a support ticket (if you haven't already) and a support agent can help you find a document that will work for you.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:57:37 PM

@Dergo

Have you already convinced Apple to accept the app? Because they've not been too friendly when it comes to Bitcoin apps of late.

I know. Personally, my preferred priority on this would be: 1) mobile site, 2) android and 3) iOS. But others on the team are confident that the iOS app will be deemed acceptable and the actual company priority is the opposite of my personal preference. Ah well, you can't always get what you want.  Wink
MusX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:37:57 PM

@Dergo

I know. Personally, my preferred priority on this would be: 1) mobile site, 2) android and 3) iOS. But others on the team are confident that the iOS app will be deemed acceptable and the actual company priority is the opposite of my personal preference. Ah well, you can't always get what you want.  Wink
why not to create html5 app instead of os specific apps?

aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:53:57 AM

I've been using kraken for months without trouble (euros and BTC transfers and trade both ways), however I don't have utility bills bearing my name to get a higher verification tier, wouldn't my French ID (that includes my address) be enough ?

I (re-)verified using my bank-statement, because utility bills weren't in my name either. You could give that a try.

If you are still stuck, I'd recommend that you just create a support ticket (if you haven't already) and a support agent can help you find a document that will work for you.

I'm guessing this is for me, thanks for the answer  Smiley
Frankenst1

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:28:34 AM

Overall I am very impressed and Kraken is my favorite exchange.

However, they take too long to respond to support request and the variance in response times is extreme (ranges from same day to several weeks); I would gladly pay more fees in order to speed this up / make the response times more predictable.

I have a 10K deposit stuck on hold for 4 days now and there is no response to my support ticket.
Anyone here knows what happens to deposits on hold/what the options are?
Joohansson

Activity: 212
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:24:28 PM

I like kraken but I would like the XBT/LTC pair to be inverted. I find it really strange that bitcoins are measured in litecoins and not the other way around like every other litecoin exchange. It feels more natural if you buy/sell litecoins for a certain amount of bitcoins since bitcoin is the "parent" currency. I don't think bitcoin market is affected by the litecoin value at all.
MusX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 02:19:25 PM

I like kraken but I would like the XBT/LTC pair to be inverted. I find it really strange that bitcoins are measured in litecoins and not the other way around like every other litecoin exchange. It feels more natural if you buy/sell litecoins for a certain amount of bitcoins since bitcoin is the "parent" currency. I don't think bitcoin market is affected by the litecoin value at all.
search this thread, it was already very well explained, by kraken stuff, why it was designed this way

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: