Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KRAKEN.COM - Exchange with USD EUR GBP JPY CAD BTC LTC XRP NMC XDG STR ETH  (Read 628619 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:11:26 PM

Just now I requested a SEPA withdrawal
and will post when it arrives in my bank account.

In past, when I requested withdrawals in the morning hours,
the money arrived a few hours later (same day).

...will update...

EDIT: Money in my bank account after 6 hours - as usual

As much as I share your joy over fast withdrawals and deposits, I don't think it's necessary to post a blow-by-blow description every time you make one.

but why not? we are all friends here.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
ledmaniak

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:21:35 PM

...will update...

As much as I share your joy over fast withdrawals and deposits, I don't think it's necessary to post a blow-by-blow description every time you make one.

As happy as you seem to be with the ultra fast withdrawal, it is not very interesting for other users. For the last days, this thread is filled with not-so-usefull information and complaints. Not much fun to read for a 'friend'. Wink

Bitcoin: 1Cxi8BLvScSm1mW6kjb5MNeJZPrvAiYL6B
Litecoin: LLmjtrrq1ZeD51NSUJ8VanuQduW8Ma3jrs
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:16:48 PM

...will update...

As happy as you seem to be with the ultra fast withdrawal, it is not very interesting for other users. For the last days, this thread is filled with not-so-usefull information and complaints. Not much fun to read for a 'friend'. Wink

well i'm interested to know how quickly kraken customers receive their funds, so please, keep us in the loop. monitoring situations like this, in my opinion is essential considering the shit that 'other' exchanges are going through. Gox had it's majority of high value customers waiting for months (since april 2013), but still people kept ploughing fiat and btc into it's platform. had it not been for people reporting the truth, there could well have been many more folks with lost funds than there is. So, I suggest you use the scrollbar, if you don't wan to know live information. please keep letting us know how long transfers are taking.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
KrakenTrader

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:02:15 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 07:17:50 PM by KrakenTrader

...will update...

well i'm interested to know how quickly kraken customers receive their funds, so please, keep us in the loop. monitoring situations like this, in my opinion is essential considering the shit that 'other' exchanges are going through. Gox had it's majority of high value customers waiting for months (since april 2013), but still people kept ploughing fiat and btc into it's platform. had it not been for people reporting the truth, there could well have been many more folks with lost funds than there is. So, I suggest you use the scrollbar, if you don't wan to know live information. please keep letting us know how long transfers are taking.

@raskul
Sure always,
I do not see any reason to not share those information, especially with view to past deposit / withdrawal issues (for a few kraken clients) discussed here in the thread.
And yes, I totally agree, kraken clients (and people watching this from the fence) are keen to know,
whether especially withdrawals do work or not, and how long they take for different clients, currencies or kind of wires.

@Rannasha @ledmaniak
Before I do a withdrawal or a deposit, I check the forum to find out, if currently anyone is experiencing any kind of delays or issues.
I believe that just makes sense.
Why would I request a SEPA withdrawal when I get the info from the forum, withdrawals are paused for some reason ?
Why would I fund my kraken account with btc, if I had just learned, btc deposits currently do not arrive in my account balance due to some issues kraken is already working on?
etc etc

Those are just examples, but I am sure you get the point.

In the light of past events, I can only encourage everyone to share their current experiences, be it negative or positive.
There is no reason to only discuss 'issues' on a forum - we must share the current status.

Thanks anyway for your opinion,

KrakenTrader

Activity: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:15:43 PM

The thread is filled with quite useful information in my opinion, but different people do have different points of view.
Raskul suggested to use the scrollbar if you don't want to read through complaints / positive experiences other kraken users share.
However, I encourage you to rethink your position - because exactly these daily actual info's my be helpful to at some point in future.

Cheers
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:20:33 PM

On February second I withdrew a couple hundred euros. I still did not receive anything. I also didn't get a response to my support ticket. This is the second time this happens. So I guess I have to go public again.

Request #20870

An agent contacted you. Thanks for letting us know.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:27:10 PM

Is there an ETA on GBP support, that is not via Eur / SEPA?

Thanks.

BTW - good piece in coindesk.

We need a bank that will support GBP first and I don't have an ETA on that. Keep in mind that when we do offer GBP, the liquidity for XBT/GBP will, initially at least, not be additive with XBT/EUR. This means that the liquidity will probably be pretty low initially and thus it may make sense for some people to stay with the EUR pairs, depending on their trading style, bank situation, etc. Eventually we want liquidity to be additive across national currencies (this is the way that Gox did it, probably one of the few things they did right) - but I don't know when that might be implemented.
BTChap

Activity: 114

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:22:18 PM

Hello all,
Just a quick sum up of my short experience at Kraken.com :
Traded smoothly a few hundreds euro worth of coins, requested a first withdrawal which got credited to my account within 24 hours.
Traded some more, smoothly again. Requested 2 more withdrawals, during the same day, got credited onto my account within 24 hours again.
So far so good.
I'm a happy customer at Kraken.com
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:59:01 AM

Update on the USD funding situation:

Please note that there is a deadline for requesting the USD to EUR conversion - it you want the conversion, please submit your request no later than March 7th.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, please see the previous posts below (this is only relevant for those with USD balances).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg5255098#msg5255098

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=290799.msg5375021#msg5375021

aesma

Activity: 2408
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:32:25 AM

I've been using kraken for months without trouble (euros and BTC transfers and trade both ways), however I don't have utility bills bearing my name to get a higher verification tier, wouldn't my French ID (that includes my address) be enough ?
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:54:08 AM

I've been using kraken for months without trouble (euros and BTC transfers and trade both ways), however I don't have utility bills bearing my name to get a higher verification tier, wouldn't my French ID (that includes my address) be enough ?

I (re-)verified using my bank-statement, because utility bills weren't in my name either. You could give that a try.
Joohansson

Activity: 212
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:29:08 AM

It says on the deposit site:
The deposit addresses can change from deposit to deposit. So each time you deposit, you'll need to visit this page to get your current deposit addresses. You can use the available button to generate new addresses.

Does that mean I cannot use Kraken for automatic LTC mining deposits?
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:51:23 AM

The deposit addresses can change from deposit to deposit. So each time you deposit, you'll need to visit this page to get your current deposit addresses. You can use the available button to generate new addresses.

Unless you keep generating new deposit addresses, the old ones will stay. I believe you can have up to 5 deposit addresses generated before the oldest ones become invalid.
martinhyl

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:28:17 AM

You need patience, to deal with Kraken
I am waiting since January 5th to recieve my withdrawal of 400€
Their "bank" is still looking into it.
I will update here again, when i recieve my funds.
Perhaps it will be 2 more months.

Am I the only one here, where Kraken doesn't want to give you your money?
Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:22:09 PM

just read the last 2-4 pages of this thread.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Joecker

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:52:57 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 09:46:50 PM by Joecker

My experience with Kraken. All SEPA deposits credited within 24 hours (many within 12 hours).
I made only one EUR withdrawal and it was credited to my account within 24 hours.
Now with this "bank API problem" and "double credit/spent protection"
- One deposit took longer (72 hours)
- I've got one (out of two) deposit of same amount on hold for 2 days. They were made one day apart from each other. It's been 2 days. I guess this won't be solved over the week-end... Filled a ticket. So, just have to wait.
No reason to panic until end of next week.
Update: deposit on hold arrived on day 3 (wordingdays). Very happy so far !
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:04:51 PM

Unless you keep generating new deposit addresses, the old ones will stay. I believe you can have up to 5 deposit addresses generated before the oldest ones become invalid.

Yes, this is correct. But if you're going to make automated mining deposits, please keep your daily/monthly deposit limits in mind. 
kendo451

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:47:54 PM

Kraken ended up cancelling the USD Withdrawal and put the money back into my account.  They said they can't do USD Withdrawals and I have to convert the money to Euros and take a Euro wire.  So I did that, and this time they say they sent the wire.  Hasn't hit my bank yet, but I'm optimistic it will be there on Monday.

All said, it's taken over 1 month to get my money out of Kraken.  Customer service was non-existent until the last two weeks when they seem to have put a higher priority on it.

I understand that US banks are incompetent.  But Kraken needs to be careful to be certain that their claims of bank-related services on their website (like fast deposit and fast withdrawal) are matched by reality.

It doesn't cut it to the blame the bank.  The bank is part of your system.  If your bank sucks, then your system has a weak link which results in poor customer experience.  A sucky bank is contagious. From the customer's perspective it means the Kraken experience sucks.
Dargo
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:41:25 PM

As Serpens pointed out, there are others who have posted here who are waiting for their money. I just looked at your case. The 400€ were deducted from our bank account on 1/5, so Kraken isn't holding your money. It's either held up at our bank, or somewhere on the way to your bank (i.e. at an intermediary bank). If it's held up at our bank, then there's just no excuse for the delay, especially since you've said that you'd just like to have the funds credited back to your account. If it's held up somewhere else, then this is a situation that can take a long time to resolve in some cases. I think the support staff helping you with this has been assuming the funds are already sent from Fidor, but it's not clear to me that this is the case (their feedback has been rather vague), so this will be clarified with Fidor right away.

I see that you've had many successful withdrawals through another bank account. I'm not sure why the withdrawal with this account has been a problem, but we're certainly going to look into it. Are you certain this bank accepts SEPA? Our experience has been that there are a few EU/EFTA banks out there that don't. That's probably not the issue, but worth asking about.  
martinhyl

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:44:12 PM

As Serpens pointed out, there are others who have posted here who are waiting for their money. I just looked at your case. The 400€ were deducted from our bank account on 1/5, so Kraken isn't holding your money. It's either held up at our bank, or somewhere on the way to your bank (i.e. at an intermediary bank). If it's held up at our bank, then there's just no excuse for the delay, especially since you've said that you'd just like to have the funds credited back to your account. If it's held up somewhere else, then this is a situation that can take a long time to resolve in some cases. I think the support staff helping you with this has been assuming the funds are already sent from Fidor, but it's not clear to me that this is the case (their feedback has been rather vague), so this will be clarified with Fidor right away.

I see that you've had many successful withdrawals through another bank account. I'm not sure why the withdrawal with this account has been a problem, but we're certainly going to look into it. Are you certain this bank accepts SEPA? Our experience has been that there are a few EU/EFTA banks out there that don't. That's probably not the issue, but worth asking about.  
I really don't care how Kraken solve this issue.
They are supposed to be a professional company, but i can not say that I am satisfied with their handling of this case.
It can not be my problem that alledgedly the money is lost in space.
I provided the correct IBAN and SWIFT.
That should be enough for any bank to handle a transfer of money. And surely they will check if everything is correct before they send the money.
So it is very hard for me to believe that Kraken is telling me the truth. (haven't seen a single evidence of the transfer)
I want these money to show in my account at Kraken, and withdraw then as Bitcoin instead.

It is a shame.
I was quite happy using Kraken, but since they began to use same excuses as MtGox, I guess Kraken will be the next to go down.

Luckily Bitstamp seems to work very well. Never had any problems with them
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: