Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:07:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 08:57:25 PM

1. You state:
Because of this, we can rightfully say that religion means, simply:
a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe.

2. I explained that atheists have no beliefs concerning the purpose of the universe.

3. Therefore your simple definition does not apply to atheists.

Are you changing your simple definition or will you ignore a logical argument?

2. Some people believe the earth is flat.

3. True explanations of the shape of the earth apply to all people, even if they don't understand or believe them. Truth conquers belief.

4. I am accepting, as always, the logical ideas of using the definitions of the dictionaries and encyclopedias. What, again, are you doing?

NOTE: I added the number "4" to clarify your set. I ignored your number "1" because all you are really saying there is something like, "You are not agreeing with me."

Smiley

The list was a step-by-step guide to understanding the point, which once again I failed to make.

I'll try again.

You say religion is "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe" and say that therefore atheists are religious.
I was simply explaining what the dictionary says.

The third part of your definition, the 'purpose" part, by definition cannot apply to atheists, and therefore your definition is wrong.

First, it is not my definition.

Second, anybody can make a statement.

Third, you didn't give even one reference for your statement. At least I gave the dictionary reference.

Every time you try again, you are trying to get it right. Up until now, you have been having having a little trouble doing so.

Try again. Maybe you will get it right next time.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:01:53 PM

The list was a step-by-step guide to understanding the point, which once again I failed to make.

I'll try again.

You say religion is "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe" and say that therefore atheists are religious.

The third part of your definition, the 'purpose" part, by definition cannot apply to atheists, and therefore your definition is wrong.

Purpose indicate a meaning an objective that a group of people have in regarding to something (deity, money, health, other...).

Atheists don't believe in God but they don't have a faith: so the word purpose has no meaning to them.

BitNow, you're a very poor advertisement for organised religions. Every time someone asks me "what's wrong with organised religion?" I can just point to the hate speech you post here.

I didn't used the word hate.

Best regards.

You don't have to feel upset about organofcorti. Notice that he said, above, "... which once again I failed to make." He is having quite a few failures lately. We should pity him.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:04:19 PM

...omissis...

Third, you didn't give even one reference for your statement. At least I gave the dictionary reference.

Every time you try again, you are trying to get it right. Up until now, you have been having having a little trouble doing so.

Smiley

"7 Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
    whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
    rebuke the wise and they will love you.
9 Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
    teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
    and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
11 For through wisdom your days will be many,
    and years will be added to your life.
12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you;
    if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.
"
- Pro 9:7

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:07:27 PM

...omissis...

Smiley

"7 Whoever corrects a mocker invites insults;
    whoever rebukes the wicked incurs abuse.
8 Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you;
    rebuke the wise and they will love you.
9 Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
    teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
    and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
11 For through wisdom your days will be many,
    and years will be added to your life.
12 If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you;
    if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.
"
- Pro 9:7

Best regards.

So what? I correct you all the time. And that is mostly what I get from you... insults and abuse.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom... but when are you going to get past the beginning of it?

Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:09:29 PM

So what? I correct you all the time. And that is mostly what I get from you... insults and abuse.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom... but when are you going to get past the beginning of it?

Smiley

You are not a mocker.
You are not a wicker.

"Atheism is a capital sin."

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:19:08 PM

1. You state:

2. I explained that atheists have no beliefs concerning the purpose of the universe.

3. True explanations of the shape of the earth apply to all people, even if they don't understand or believe them. Truth conquers belief.

4. I am accepting, as always, the logical ideas of using the definitions of the dictionaries and encyclopedias. What, again, are you doing?

NOTE: I added the number "4" to clarify your set. I ignored your number "1" because all you are really saying there is something like, "You are not agreeing with me."

Smiley

I'll try again.

Yes it is. you made it:

Yes, and?

It wasn't a statement, it was a logical argument. Your statement is the reference. Unless you'd like me tolecture you on the basics of logic?

Yes, but I think that has more to do with my audience.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:20:06 PM

I'll try again.

Purpose indicate a meaning an objective that a group of people have in regarding to something (deity, money, health, other...).

Atheists don't believe in God but they don't have a faith: so the word purpose has no meaning to them.

You know that. I know that. Try explaining that to BADecker.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:24:10 PM

1. You state:

Smiley

I'll try again.

Yes it is. you made it:

Yes, and?

It wasn't a statement, it was a logical argument. Your statement is the reference. Unless you'd like me tolecture you on the basics of logic?

Yes, but I think that has more to do with my audience.

Whether or not it is you or your audience, you barely (if at all) attempt to explain what you mean in a step-by-step process that would clarify the whole thing for everyone. Since you are not doing this, and since you won't provide references... anyone can say stuff. Just saying it doesn't make it true.

Smiley

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:25:47 PM

BitNow, you're a very poor advertisement for organised religions. Every time someone asks me "what's wrong with organised religion?" I can just point to the hate speech you post here.

I didn't used the word hate.

Best regards.

You don't need to say the word "hate" for it to be hate speech. Do you deny you think all atheists should be murdered?

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 09:28:33 PM

You don't need to say the word "hate" for it to be hate speech. Do you deny you think all atheists should be murdered?

That's a law: laws have no sentiment.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 09:40:23 PM

Look, even if atheist all thought that the universe doesn't have a purpose - not all of them think this way - the definition that uses the word "purpose" is only one of many definitions. Atheism is a religion, but if somehow it is not, it is so extremely close that it may as well be considered religion.

Smiley

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:33:43 PM

Whether or not it is you or your audience, you barely (if at all) attempt to explain what you mean in a step-by-step process that would clarify the whole thing for everyone. Since you are not doing this, and since you won't provide references... anyone can say stuff. Just saying it doesn't make it true.

Smiley

I did explain it step by step.

Let's do it again.

You say religion is "a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe" and you say atheism is a religion. Atheists do not have beliefs about the purpose of the universe. If they did, they could not be atheists, since a purpose or reason for the universe demands a creator. Therefore, atheism is not a religion.

Which part of that train of logic don't you follow?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:34:46 PM

That's a law: laws have no sentiment.

Best regards.

What law? I didn't mention laws, I just ask if you denied saying that all atheists should be murdered. Do you?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2016, 11:38:52 PM

Look, even if atheist all thought that the universe doesn't have a purpose - not all of them think this way -

Yes, they do. If the universe has a purpose it must have a creator. If you believe in a creator, you're not atheist.

the definition that uses the word "purpose" is only one of many definitions. Atheism is a religion, but if somehow it is not, it is so extremely close that it may as well be considered religion.

Smiley

Can I summarise your statement? "Atheism is a religion. Even if it isn't a religion, it's a religion".

This is not an argument, it's just a self contradictory statement.

strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:43:27 AM

Don't bother Corti, he doesn't even realise that Zeus is the one true god.  How do you expect him to be able to read a dictionary?

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:03:08 AM

the definition that uses the word "purpose" is only one of many definitions. Atheism is a religion, but if somehow it is not, it is so extremely close that it may as well be considered religion.

Smiley

Can I summarise your statement? "Atheism is a religion. Even if it isn't a religion, it's a religion".

This is not an argument, it's just a self contradictory statement.

You are almost there.

Any human that lives and thinks has his own personal religion... in addition to whatever formal religion he may have. Only if he is dead does he not have a religion.

You are finally getting it.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 07:12:29 AM

Look, even if atheist all thought that the universe doesn't have a purpose - not all of them think this way -

Yes, they do. If the universe has a purpose it must have a creator. If you believe in a creator, you're not atheist.

Does an atheist do anything in the universe? Does an atheist dream? Does he make plans? Does he use the things of the universe? For him the universe has a purpose. If it didn't, he would go off and commit suicide out of despair. If he didn't commit suicide out of despair, and the universe didn't have a purpose for him - at least in his own mind - he would have to be a vegetable.

An atheist views himself as god, although he may not recognize that he is doing so. Since he doesn't know much about himself - the way-down-deep human self that he is - yet he believes that he knows, he has a personal religion going.

Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 07:59:02 AM

What law?

How many do you need?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:03:33 AM

Does an atheist do anything in the universe? Does an atheist dream? Does he make plans? Does he use the things of the universe? For him the universe has a purpose. If it didn't, he would go off and commit suicide out of despair. If he didn't commit suicide out of despair, and the universe didn't have a purpose for him - at least in his own mind - he would have to be a vegetable.

An atheist views himself as god, although he may not recognize that he is doing so. Since he doesn't know much about himself - the way-down-deep human self that he is - yet he believes that he knows, he has a personal religion going.

Smiley

What you're saying is extremely arrogant for talking for each and everyone of us.

An atheist is someone thinking there is no purpose in the universe. But does it mean he has to commit suicide out of dispair? No of course not. Because thinking there is no purpose to the universe doesn't mean you can't have any will or any purpose yourself.

You don't have to follow a divine guideline to be happy, to just understand the basic satisfaction of love and good health. That's the goal of most of us: to find someone to love and be happy.

There is absolutely no link between that and any kind of religion...

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:19:36 AM

There is absolutely no link between that and any kind of religion...

How about that and the kind of England: Queen Elizabeth II?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: