Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:25:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:21:19 AM

Purpose indicate a meaning an objective that a group of people have in regarding to something (deity, money, health, other...).

Atheists don't believe in God but they don't have a faith: so the word purpose has no meaning to them.

You know that. I know that. Try explaining that to BADecker.

Look, even if atheist all thought that the universe doesn't have a purpose - not all of them think this way -

Yes, they do. If the universe has a purpose it must have a creator. If you believe in a creator, you're not atheist.

Does an atheist do anything in the universe? Does an atheist dream? Does he make plans? Does he use the things of the universe? For him the universe has a purpose. If it didn't, he would go off and commit suicide out of despair. If he didn't commit suicide out of despair, and the universe didn't have a purpose for him - at least in his own mind - he would have to be a vegetable.

An atheist views himself as god, although he may not recognize that he is doing so. Since he doesn't know much about himself - the way-down-deep human self that he is - yet he believes that he knows, he has a personal religion going.

Smiley

What you're saying is extremely arrogant for talking for each and everyone of us.

An atheist is someone thinking there is no purpose in the universe. But does it mean he has to commit suicide out of dispair? No of course not. Because thinking there is no purpose to the universe doesn't mean you can't have any will or any purpose yourself.

You don't have to follow a divine guideline to be happy, to just understand the basic satisfaction of love and good health. That's the goal of most of us: to find someone to love and be happy.

There is absolutely no link between that and any kind of religion...

Don't tell me that an atheist is outside the universe. If an atheist has purpose and is in the universe at the same time, then the universe has purpose. Nobody knows whether or not the universe is a thinking entity that has purpose of itself. But the fact that people in the universe have self-designed purpose, makes it impossible for the universe to NOT have purpose.

A person who is a vegetable might not have any goal to be happy. But if you have any kind of a goal, you have religion according to some of the definitions of what religion is.

It's not my idea. It simply is there.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:41:15 AM

A person who is a vegetable might not have any goal to be happy. But if you have any kind of a goal, you have religion according to some of the definitions of what religion is.

May you define your notion of religion then? Because maybe we disagree on the definition and that's all. And as it is a very complex notion, it might be possible.

Don't tell me that an atheist is outside the universe. If an atheist has purpose and is in the universe at the same time, then the universe has purpose. Nobody knows whether or not the universe is a thinking entity that has purpose of itself. But the fact that people in the universe have self-designed purpose, makes it impossible for the universe to NOT have purpose.

And that's the main difference between atheist and religious: atheists have their own goals, religious follow a higher goal/guideline, which is god.

And what you're saying is wrong, I understand what you're trying to explain but that's not true Smiley
There is more than 7 billion people. Each of them have their own goals. So what is the purpose of the universe then? The average one? The most common one?
If there was only one human then I would understand your point, from his point of view his goals would be the only one existing in the universe. But that's not the case.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:44:32 AM

And that's the main difference between atheist and religious: atheists have their own goals, religious follow a higher goal/guideline, which is god.

Do we need to take care about atheists purposes?

Are you an atheist? If you are an atheist: what is your purpose?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:45:45 AM

There is absolutely no link between that and any kind of religion...

How about that and the kind of England: Queen Elizabeth II?

Best regards.

I don't understand your sentence. I suppose you wanted to write "the king of England" but she's a queen so I'm not even sure you wanted to say that.
And I don't see the link between your sentence and what I've said... I explained that atheists follow their own rules and goals, and that their main purpose is to be happy and loved. What's the link with the queen of England?

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:48:56 AM

Are you an atheist?

Best regards.

No I'm an agnostic. Which is slightly different though we have in common to not follow this incredibly stupid and full of insanity book of the faith which is the Bible (but don't worry the others sacred books are at the same level of inconsistency and nonsense Wink ) and it seems that you have a problem with that...
And I was not arguing with you here, but explaining that atheists have their own purposes and don't follow any arbitrary God rules that's all. You don't have to care about atheists goals as you seem to follow only the sacred laws written 2 millenias ago...

strayanbit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:50:51 AM

Are you an atheist?

Best regards.

No I'm an agnostic. Which is slightly different though we have in common to not follow this incredibly stupid and full of insanity book of the faith which is the Bible (but don't worry the others sacred books are at the same level of inconsistency and nonsense Wink ) and it seems that you have a problem with that...
And I was not arguing with you here, but explaining that atheists have their own purposes and don't follow any arbitrary God rules that's all. You don't have to care about atheists goals as you seem to follow only the sacred laws written 2 millenias ago...
AMEN

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:51:48 AM

What do you follow?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:57:46 AM

What do you follow?

Best regards.

My own goals: to be happy with my lovely wife and be sure that I'll always be able to take care of her and protect her. To make sure she's happy and safe. To make sure that I have enough to take care of my family and my dearest friends. To build something that will improve the world and the country in which I had the luck to be born.

My own precepts: Let people do whatever they want if it makes them happy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Always help if it doesn't cost you more than what the people in need deserve. Don't follow the rules that you know are unfair.

And I also want to build my own company cause I hate working for someone. Nothing tremendous as you can see.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:23:13 AM

You don't need to say the word "hate" for it to be hate speech. Do you deny you think all atheists should be murdered?

That's a law: laws have no sentiment.

Best regards.

What law? I didn't mention laws, I just ask if you denied saying that all atheists should be murdered. Do you?

How many do you need?

Best regards.

What? Do you deny making posts claiming that all atheists should be murdered?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:24:39 AM

the definition that uses the word "purpose" is only one of many definitions. Atheism is a religion, but if somehow it is not, it is so extremely close that it may as well be considered religion.

Smiley

Can I summarise your statement? "Atheism is a religion. Even if it isn't a religion, it's a religion".

This is not an argument, it's just a self contradictory statement.

You are almost there.

Any human that lives and thinks has his own personal religion... in addition to whatever formal religion he may have. Only if he is dead does he not have a religion.

You are finally getting it.

Smiley

You admit that your arguments are self contradictory statements. You're right, we *are* getting somewhere.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:26:02 AM

You don't need to say the word "hate" for it to be hate speech. Do you deny you think all atheists should be murdered?

Best regards.

What law? I didn't mention laws, I just ask if you denied saying that all atheists should be murdered. Do you?

How many do you need?

Best regards.

I may be wrong but I think he's saying that's a law of God, so that there is no hate in his speech, it's just that it is as it is. In his point of view, you can't even think about discussing a law written by God. So he doesn't hate atheists, but they should all be killed.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:28:03 AM

Purpose indicate a meaning an objective that a group of people have in regarding to something (deity, money, health, other...).

Atheists don't believe in God but they don't have a faith: so the word purpose has no meaning to them.

You know that. I know that. Try explaining that to BADecker.

Look, even if atheist all thought that the universe doesn't have a purpose - not all of them think this way -

Yes, they do. If the universe has a purpose it must have a creator. If you believe in a creator, you're not atheist.

Does an atheist do anything in the universe? Does an atheist dream? Does he make plans? Does he use the things of the universe? For him the universe has a purpose. If it didn't, he would go off and commit suicide out of despair. If he didn't commit suicide out of despair, and the universe didn't have a purpose for him - at least in his own mind - he would have to be a vegetable.

An atheist views himself as god, although he may not recognize that he is doing so. Since he doesn't know much about himself - the way-down-deep human self that he is - yet he believes that he knows, he has a personal religion going.

Smiley

We are talking about different things - the Universe having a purpose, and making your life have a purpose.

An atheist believes his or her life can have a purpose, while the universe does not have a purpose.

Since one's life is not identical to "the universe", it is possible for one's life to have purpose, but not ones universe.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:32:41 AM

Best regards.

How many do you need?

Best regards.

I may be wrong but I think he's saying that's a law of God, so that there is no hate in his speech, it's just that it is as it is. In his point of view, you can't even think about discussing a law written by God. So he doesn't hate atheists, but they should all be killed.

I see. Rather than a hateful act, it would be simply religiously justified cold blooded murder, and rather than hate speech he's encouraging crimes against humanity.

Is this typical of religions - to use gods to justify murder of a whole segment of their population?

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:35:10 AM

Don't bother Corti, he doesn't even realise that Zeus is the one true god.  How do you expect him to be able to read a dictionary?

It's no bother. As long as it's fun, I'll keep posting. As soon as I get bored, I'll stop.

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:43:01 AM

I see. Rather than a hateful act, it would be simply religiously justified cold blooded murder, and rather than hate speech he's encouraging crimes against humanity.

Is this typical of religions - to use gods to justify murder of a whole segment of their population?

I suppose it's a rhetorical question if you have the slightest knowledge of what happened in Europe only few centuries ago, or what's currently happening with islamist extremists in Europe  Grin

mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:45:16 AM

We are talking about different things - the Universe having a purpose, and making your life have a purpose.

An atheist believes his or her life can have a purpose, while the universe does not have a purpose.

Since one's life is not identical to "the universe", it is possible for one's life to have purpose, but not ones universe.

Well, as I said, it would be the same thing in case one's life was the only one. Because if there is only one human in the universe, if the universe has no purpose then the purpose of the human is the only purpose in the whole universe. So it's rather identical to it being the purpose of the universe.

But with 7 billion souls in the world, it's another story...

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 12:34:01 PM

Best regards.

How many do you need?

Best regards.

I asked you a question: "How many do you need?".

If you don't want to answer my question simply don't answer it, avoiding the question by making 2 new questions is throwing gasoline on a fire.

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 01:14:12 PM

Best regards.

How many do you need?

Best regards.

I asked you a question: "How many do you need?".

If you don't want to answer my question simply don't answer it, avoiding the question by making 2 new questions is throwing gasoline on a fire.

Best regards.

You're the one avoiding questions. I've been repeating the same question well before you went off on your tangent about needing amounts of things.

How about we answer the questions in the order they were made? I asked my question first. You answer mine, then I'll tell you how many things I need.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 01:16:55 PM

Well, as I said, it would be the same thing in case one's life was the only one. Because if there is only one human in the universe, if the universe has no purpose then the purpose of the human is the only purpose in the whole universe. So it's rather identical to it being the purpose of the universe.

But with 7 billion souls in the world, it's another story...

Ha! I didn't think of that particular edge case Smiley

BitNow
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 01:18:04 PM

You're the one avoiding questions. I've been repeating the same question well before you went off on your tangent about needing amounts of things.

How about we answer the questions in the order they were made? I asked my question first. You answer mine, then I'll tell you how many things I need.

"Replying to a question with another question is not an answer... is the best way to avoid a question."

No need to give new order... there is already one and it is written in the Bible.

Are you an atheist?

Best regards.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: