Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 279 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Think Bitcoin Will Replace Dollar Soon?  (Read 417150 times)
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:36:04 PM

By continuously touting this "Bitcoin will replace the dollar" nonsense, most people are forced to miss the more important bigger picture.

Bitcoin is the first, globally recognized currency of the internet. 

In the years ahead, this will have a much bigger impact on world economics than it does currently.

So I state again, Bitcoin is not in competition with the Dollar. It is designed to be used in tandem with the fiat currency system, not as an alternative. This is very important, if you can grasp what this means - as far as the internet is concerned.

I totally agree with KoinKartel's view that fiat money will not die because of bitcoin in nearby future. Furthermore, dollar is very strong currency to be replaced by bitcoin. As an example, countries with weak economy (Zimbabwe dollars) recently replaced their fiat money with fiat too (US dollars) and no with bitcoins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 03:41:52 PM

I think for 10 years next it will be impossible for bitcoin to replace dollar, as we know fiat still dominate against cryptocurrencies
and another factor is because not all people can operate a gadget moreover using bitcoin
yeah the bitcoin adoption is not yet spreaded evenly
that's the main problem of bitcoin and it's cost a lot of time to grow not for 10 20 or 50 years only
cryptocurrency will feel exist if then the gital era fully adopted
for now it's far away , so bitcoin will going nowhere , it will remain far under fiat like dollar/euro.
Not just the distribution, who still do not know bitcoin also more than know. For the near future it seems impossible, until now there has not been a country that approves the Government even many bitcoin banned. It needs more good performance and promotion again if bitcoin want to replace the dollar.
bitcoin doesn't need promotion , any currency doesn't need it
we just need to have an admission from people/society
once it has done even government will have no choice just to let it go
with development acceleration bitcoin can make it happen soon , but the chance itself really low.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:59:08 PM

yeah the bitcoin adoption is not yet spreaded evenly
that's the main problem of bitcoin and it's cost a lot of time to grow not for 10 20 or 50 years only
cryptocurrency will feel exist if then the gital era fully adopted
for now it's far away , so bitcoin will going nowhere , it will remain far under fiat like dollar/euro.

Agree. I think that we should give more time for Bitcoin to sparkle, since its blockchain technology is relatively new and it needs to be tested well against all areas of security before it can really be considered to apply into mainstream usage. One of the main things that affects Bitcoin towards massive use is it's scalability. In my opinion, once this is solved then I think that the path for Bitcoin would be certain as more people use it, making the possibility of becoming used as a main currency worldwide. Other than that, fiat will still dominate the economic sector.

Nevertheless, I think that in a few more years, both Bitcoin and Ethereum will emerge stronger than ever making them the most powerful crypto currencies in the world. If governments would decide to create their own version of fiat on a distributed ledger, then it would be using either Bitcoin or Ethereum's codebase. Just sharing my thoughts.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
skyway1

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 06:28:31 PM

Bitcoin can be replace dollar but it will be take too longer time because Bitcoin is now not popular as Dollar because there is many people they do not know about bitcoin like as in other countries also many people do not know about bitcoin and if bitcoin get popularity as dollar then i am sure bitcoin will replace dollar sooner.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:14:56 PM

I feel that, as long as bitcoin has a price that is not stable, then bitcoin will never replace the dollar, although bitcoin has the potential for it. bitcoin prices are very easy to drop in case of panic selling, so, I feel that for the moment, bitcoin can not replace the dollar. in fact, not all people accept bitcoin

i think for replacing dollar its not so soon as we want but i will said this could be happen in future, and its need many preparation before bitcoin can be used as new currency and we know about it.
And actually replacing dollar is not even the aim of making bitcoins, bitcoins were made like an alternative secure, anonymous and yet transparent currency where users control them and don't have to pay taxes. Added to this exploring awesome features like gambling, etc for worldwide users. Though replacing or dominating dollar would be a milestone.
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:09:32 AM

I feel that, as long as bitcoin has a price that is not stable, then bitcoin will never replace the dollar, although bitcoin has the potential for it. bitcoin prices are very easy to drop in case of panic selling, so, I feel that for the moment, bitcoin can not replace the dollar. in fact, not all people accept bitcoin

i think for replacing dollar its not so soon as we want but i will said this could be happen in future, and its need many preparation before bitcoin can be used as new currency and we know about it.
And actually replacing dollar is not even the aim of making bitcoins, bitcoins were made like an alternative secure, anonymous and yet transparent currency where users control them and don't have to pay taxes. Added to this exploring awesome features like gambling, etc for worldwide users. Though replacing or dominating dollar would be a milestone.
It's correct, it will always be an alternative because Dollar is a big country use by bitcoin country. We can enjoy the benefits if both dollars and bitcoin will increase it's circulation in the market, bitcoin is just a payment processor to ease the requirements and for faster online processing of transactions.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:06:36 PM

Bitcoin can be replace dollar but it will be take too longer time because Bitcoin is now not popular as Dollar because there is many people they do not know about bitcoin like as in other countries also many people do not know about bitcoin and if bitcoin get popularity as dollar then i am sure bitcoin will replace dollar sooner.

well we also have to consider the fact that there are a lot of currencies around the world that rely on the dollar. So before bitcoin can replace the current dollar system, I think that other countries would also have to adopt crypto and that would take a lot of time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:37:39 PM

It is not that easy, bitcoin has nothing behind it except its concept and network while dollar has powers behind it controlling it so it wont be an easy thing for bitcoin to replace dollar, why would they let bitcoin replace dollar or why would they replace the currency they control by a currency they cannot have control on?
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:58:04 PM

Yeah offcourse bitcoin is really will replace Dollar sooner because we know that bitcoin getting popular faster and bitcoin adoption is also increasing too much faster and everyone going to invest their money in bitcoin in huge amount so we say that bitcoin will sooner replace the dollar.
StevensonCarl

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 03:28:53 AM

By continuously touting this "Bitcoin will replace the dollar" nonsense, most people are forced to miss the more important bigger picture.

In the years ahead, this will have a much bigger impact on world economics than it does currently.

So I state again, Bitcoin is not in competition with the Dollar. It is designed to be used in tandem with the fiat currency system, not as an alternative. This is very important, if you can grasp what this means - as far as the internet is concerned.

I totally agree with KoinKartel's view that fiat money will not die because of bitcoin in nearby future. Furthermore, dollar is very strong currency to be replaced by bitcoin. As an example, countries with weak economy (Zimbabwe dollars) recently replaced their fiat money with fiat too (US dollars) and no with bitcoins.

I also agree this will not happen but the fact is also that its logical that it will not, the bitcoin is still too small for that.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:55:49 AM

I also agree this will not happen but the fact is also that its logical that it will not, the bitcoin is still too small for that.
Sometimes we are just overreacting with the situation, with the current situation and great success of bitcoin, we think it will be a big thing in the future and can even replace Dollar. I say, fellas let's be realistic, that ain't happening, we are too young in the crypto world and we have a lot to prove to people that will attract them that there's a lot of benefits you can get using bitcoin.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:35:05 PM

In fact bitcoin is not created to replace dollar or any other currency,  I think we should not even think about it, as we are  not here to devalue any other currency, we just want to make bitcoin popular but not through devaluing any other currency, it is fact that bitcoin is still not so much popular but I am hopeful that the popularity of bitcoin Is increasing continuously.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 02:27:57 AM

In fact bitcoin is not created to replace dollar or any other currency,  I think we should not even think about it, as we are  not here to devalue any other currency, we just want to make bitcoin popular but not through devaluing any other currency, it is fact that bitcoin is still not so much popular but I am hopeful that the popularity of bitcoin Is increasing continuously.
indeed bitcoin designed not for replace any fiat currency .

but as time goes by , people asking and speculating for that because they think bitcoin are able to do that. in my personal opinion i agree with that bitcoin can replace dollar as global currency , it is just have a very low chance for now.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 03:46:45 PM

I don't see any possibility for bitcoin to replace dollar soon or even in the future I really don't know what will be the status of fiat money after bitcoin has reached its full adoption stage and maybe bitcoin can be an international currency but still fiat money especially dollar will still be on the same purpose and will never be replaced .
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1202

Bons.io Telegram Casino

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 04:36:54 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

I'm positive about Bitcoin status in the future but not  in the aspect that they it replace dollar,the US  government has no control over Bitcoin compare to the dollar and beside why would government trust on something they did not issue,I don't think the US government is open to this idea.

█████████████████      ███████████████    ██████████  ████████    █████████████
    █    ███████   ███████  ████████      █████  ███████████ ████████    ██████   ██████ 
        █████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▅▅  ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████
  █  ▀▀  ████████████████    ████████      █████  ████████████████████    ██████████████
     ▅▅████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████              █████   
       ▀▀████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄      █████
▅▅▅▅▄ ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████ ███████████  ▀▀██████████████
        █████████████████     ████████████████   ████████ ███████████    ▀▀▀██████████

Your Intro
Telegram Casino
to Fun & Entertainment
The Next-Gen
Gaming Space
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
  ▄▄█████████████▄▄
██▀               ▀████▄
                       ██
   ██            ■■    ██
 ██████        ■■  ■■  ███
   ██    ▀ ▀     ■■    ███     
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃        ██
    █████████████      ██
    ██          ████████▀
████▀           ▀█████▀
BitcoinMarshal

Activity: 756
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:41:11 PM

Coinbase CEO believes bitcoin will replace dollar within 15 years.

Read the following news:
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114983/coinbase-ceo-bitcoin-will-replace-dollar-within-15-years

Do you think it will be true? Are you positive towards bitcoin's future status?

I'm positive about Bitcoin status in the future but not  in the aspect that they it replace dollar,the US  government has no control over Bitcoin compare to the dollar and beside why would government trust on something they did not issue,I don't think the US government is open to this idea.
You are right its not going to happen in future because bitcoin is going independent and its not in favor of Government so its not in target of them Coinbase CEO is also independent in talk and his thoughts
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:15:52 PM

Agree. As Bitcoin was made for the unbanked, I have no doubt that it may replace the dollar sometime in the future as it becomes more scalable and accepted worldwide. Since you have control of your own funds, it makes it somewhat safer than fiat itself considering that you only need the private key in order to access your funds, anytime, anywhere with no middlemen and very low fees. It has so many advantages when compared to fiat currencies like the dollar, that if it continues to increase in popularity, and widespread adoption, it could really become the main currency of the world.

As for taxing Bitcoins, I think that it would somewhat impossible to achieve, since you would need to be able to track every user, their transactions, among many other things. If the user uses a different Bitcoin address for each transaction, then it would make it even more difficult for any government to be able to collect taxes from you. Just my opinion.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 06:28:37 PM

As for taxing Bitcoins, I think that it would somewhat impossible to achieve, since you would need to be able to track every user, their transactions, among many other things. If the user uses a different Bitcoin address for each transaction, then it would make it even more difficult for any government to be able to collect taxes from you. Just my opinion.  Grin

Taxing bitcoins is not that difficult as you might think

There is no need to trace every transaction and it doesn't make sense either. Essentially, only block generating transactions should be taxed (if we assume that Bitcoin has to be taxed at all, of course), i.e. miners rewards. Since miners now are big mining farms in real life, they could be taxed directly, for every new Bitcoin they issue into circulation

Veritas Platform

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 06:30:45 PM

no, i don't think so, but i think it will "accompany" USD more like now, and it will become more and more popular
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 03:58:28 PM

As for taxing Bitcoins, I think that it would somewhat impossible to achieve, since you would need to be able to track every user, their transactions, among many other things. If the user uses a different Bitcoin address for each transaction, then it would make it even more difficult for any government to be able to collect taxes from you. Just my opinion.  Grin

Taxing bitcoins is not that difficult as you might think

There is no need to trace every transaction and it doesn't make sense either. Essentially, only block generating transactions should be taxed (if we assume that Bitcoin has to be taxed at all, of course), i.e. miners rewards. Since miners now are big mining farms in real life, they could be taxed directly, for every new Bitcoin they issue into circulation

Yeah duh, bitcoin is made for paying things - and paying things is sometimes called "tax" or "tariff".  All semantics aside, a bunch of big dudes walk up to your shop with bats and demand payment in whatever form they wish.  You pay.  That's how it works.  They were doing this in Rome with gold, so they could do it again with electronic gold. 

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 279 »
  Print  

Jump to: