Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterflylabs Huge SCAM  (Read 415624 times)
Endlessa

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:01:13 PM

That's because this thread is full of a bunch of whiny cunts wasting everyone's time by [SLAP]

You misspelled "retarded trolls defending a bunch of criminals just to be annoying fucks."

Onto the ignore list it goes!

Oh noes! what will I do.  and there I was thinking we would be friends Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:39:38 PM

Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list?  Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:51:17 PM

• If your going to pretend to be quoting me, then just rewrite what I said incorrectly and make up a false argument, then it's entirely pointless to even read your comments
  • I did not say "everyone gets sued, it doesnt mean anything". What I said is "As far as this "lawsuit" goes, all companies that grow get sued." Companies that never grow have a decent chance of not getting sued.  Companies that aspire to grow and succeed at it,  do get sued.  Since disagreements always occur as a company gets larger and anybody can file suit who feels like it, the suit doesn't mean anything until the facts are shown.  It's why tort reform is such a hot issue in business.  It's why VC companies always have lawyers on retainer.  This is an example of you yet again misleading people.
  • Um the board with no wiring is clearly marked "Prototype". I don't know if you noticed, but it also doesn't have a chip in it.  What is it then? I'm guessing an early prototype used for checking physical layout of components. But that's not anything I know for sure, all I can say is it is a prototype and I imagine that's why it doesn't have any visible electric paths
  • Ummm holy shit things end up changing when you move from theory to implementation?!?! Form factor changes?!?!? oh noes /sarcasm. . .um have you ever designed and built something? Even just a tree house?  It always changes from what you were originally thinking.
  • Yay! you can make arbitrary statements and use the basic features of photoshop. nice mockup of a card . . .irrelevant.
  • Ummm yeah the water cooling system takes up more space. . .duh, your point?

hah. . .I wish I got paid for doing this, but no I'm just a customer.  And I'm happy with the product.  I hang out with a bunch of customers, that are also happy with their products.  Some of them have been with bfl since fpga, some were early asic owners, some were later.  Did we all wish the magical internet money machine had arrived earlier? Yes, but it didn't and we still did good to fine on return, in fact we still run the old hardware and make money doing it.  I will put one caveat here.  I don't use btc to make btc (buy mining equipment), that approach never made sense to me.  I view it as an entry point for fiat conversion and a way to do your part to secure the network.  

Finally, why am I here arguing with you?  It's not because I think I'm going to change your mind.  I'm doing it because this section of the forum is for new people to learn about bitcoin.  I don't feel this thread is telling a story about BFL and informing people.  It is vicious and contains a bunch of people that invested in hardware with unrealistic expectations.  BFL was a fledgling company that set lofty goals for itself.  They had a small staff attempting to build a product no one had ever seen before.  The demand for which, out paced the size of their company.  They had design issues (that anybody who'd looked at the "lofty goal" they set, would have expected or minimum seen as a risk in purchasing).  They didn't just do a straight fpga port to a more power efficient chip (aka AM/Avalon chip).  They weren't the best communicators (a bit of sarcastic understatement) with their customers and between each other.  You combine all this with bitcoin mania, massive influx of users, a small support staff and an order queue that went through the roof and you get exactly what happened.  I have huge respect for them fighting through all of it and delivering massive amount of product we saw hit the streets this past summer.  I don't feel anybody should have sympathy for them, because they got their reward when they delivered the product.  They get massive respect from me though, I know that early 2013 sucked, that they worked their ass off, and the whole world was screaming at them.  That takes commitment and a real desire to succeed.  I don't like that a bunch of people with the emotional maturity of 2 y.o., who got butt hurt because their magical internet money machine arrived late, and are representing a massive skewed view to the new people in the forums, then representing it as "the facts" about bfl.

BFL has/will always get my respect.  They are the little group of people that had the balls to try and aspire into new business, messed up, faced a massive ire/paranoia of this community, soldiered on, and actually delivered a product.  They didn't fold and run.  They didn't give up.  They didn't scam anybody.  

Everyone would always like to have gotten more bitcoin, but that's the nature of the beast.  

Ugghh, Oh my gosh, I was shortening down the "block of text" that forum users dislike seeing and often skip rather than read, I was simply trying to compact things.
In any case/spot/place where you say that I "pretend to be quoting me, then just rewrite what I said incorrectly and make up a false argument" Call it a Fuckup on my side of interpreting your words, In no way am I trying to alter the meaning/point of your statements, I want to be clear on that.
---
I did not say "everyone gets sued, it doesnt mean anything". What I said is "As far as this "lawsuit" goes, all companies that grow get sued." Companies that never grow have a decent chance of not getting sued.  Companies that aspire to grow and succeed at it,  do get sued.  Since disagreements always occur as a company gets larger and anybody can file suit who feels like it, the suit doesn't mean anything until the facts are shown.  It's why tort reform is such a hot issue in business.  It's why VC companies always have lawyers on retainer.  This is an example of you yet again misleading people
Alright sure, I'll give you that any large growing company is going to eventually get sued *eyroll* thats like saying every growing store is going to get stuff stolen from them atleast once, It's not a true fact, it's not 100% garunteed, but it's definitley going to happen.

Um the board with no wiring is clearly marked "Prototype". I don't know if you noticed, but it also doesn't have a chip in it.  What is it then? I'm guessing an early prototype used for checking physical layout of components. But that's not anything I know for sure, all I can say is it is a prototype and I imagine that's why it doesn't have any visible electric paths
Yes, yes it is clearly marked as a protoype, So how the hell is it certified in those three differant ways?

Ummm holy shit things end up changing when you move from theory to implementation?!?! Form factor changes?!?!? oh noes /sarcasm. . .um have you ever designed and built something? Even just a tree house?  It always changes from what you were originally thinking.
I've built many things, and you are correct, it always changes from the original thought, but what BFL advertised for seven months with nice shiny banners was "products are in final stage of development Pre-order now!, shipping next month!", and i'd call that false advertising, since along with that beautiful banner were linked the BFL homepage where you could see the specifications of the device you were ordering, that nice "powered by usb" sounded awesome, "passive heatsink" was sounded beautiful compared to GPU's, and the "size of a coffe cup warmer" was just too good to be true, Yet people ordered it, and what did they get? None of those things... Sure the hashrate was higher, but so was the powerdraw, and not by an equal ratio of increase based off the advertised specifications, nor did it ship "next month" after anyone placed a pre-order until after mid 2013

Yay! you can make arbitrary statements and use the basic features of photoshop. nice mockup of a card . . .irrelevant.
I didn't make the crappy photo, just found it in the thread and used it for a quick visual refferance to BFL's promises

Ummm yeah the water cooling system takes up more space. . .duh, your point?
Their little visual image shows that it's cooled by fan, not liquid, and that it takes up two slots, not potentially more than two
BFL uses this image as an advertisement for the product
---
Happy with the wall of text? Nobody other than you is gonna read this crappy argument
---
So then stay here in the forums and keep doing what you do, and I will stay here doing what I do.

Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list?  Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.
IKR? if they are ignoring you then why bother to interact with them in the first place? Don't wanna look at the homeless guy and give him change? Don't walk up to him and say "I'm ignoring you" just keep walking.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Endlessa

Activity: 335

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:30:37 PM

Don't you love how people feel the need to tell you they are putting you on their ignore list?  Like it is some monumental occasion that you are being ignored by someone who has no influence on any facet of life.

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

Hehe Smiley true that

I'm also amazed that they are unwilling to accept that anybody likes BFL, it's beyond deluded and approaching religious zealotry.
I said my piece here Smiley keep up the good work Josh Smiley Hopefully on my way to somewhere, I can swing by your HQ and buy you guys lunch.  I love to hear the war stories sometime.

Cheesy

I'd say more but this tool will obviously keep twisting words and arguing with himself.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:16:12 PM

IKR? if they are ignoring you then why bother to interact with them in the first place? Don't wanna look at the homeless guy and give him change? Don't walk up to him and say "I'm ignoring you" just keep walking.

It's just to spare them their time wasted posting whiny-ass walls of text at me.  If they want to waste their time anyway, no concern of mine.  Why bother talking to someone who's ignoring them?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:19:31 PM

It's just to spare them their time wasted posting whiny-ass walls of text at me.  If they want to waste their time anyway, no concern of mine.  Why bother talking to someone who's ignoring them?
To get a reaction.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
NBWilley

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:15:37 PM

Here's a response I rec'd regarding delivery of the 50 GH/s Bitcoin Miner

Thank you for your interest in Butterfly Labs. All products are made in the order in which they are received. In response to your delivery inquiry, upon placing an order from us today, it will be a few weeks before your product arrives, and that depends on what part of the country you're in. I hope this helps. Again Thank you for choosing Butterfly Labs.

SO why can't a company making and selling a product tell you when it will be shipped? Should they be trusted?
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:58:14 PM

Here's a response I rec'd regarding delivery of the 50 GH/s Bitcoin Miner

Thank you for your interest in Butterfly Labs. All products are made in the order in which they are received. In response to your delivery inquiry, upon placing an order from us today, it will be a few weeks before your product arrives, and that depends on what part of the country you're in. I hope this helps. Again Thank you for choosing Butterfly Labs.

SO why can't a company making and selling a product tell you when it will be shipped? Should they be trusted?
fyi im still waiting for an RMA on the powersupply. its been a few day and its still pending. the email from Nathan doesn't make me feel any better. things seem to move s-l-o-w-l-y at the office.

NBWilley

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:28:57 PM

fyi im still waiting for an RMA on the powersupply.

I didn't think they did refunds? powersupply for what?
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:42:36 PM

It reminds me of a mouse trying to explain to a falcon that he is being ignored. What is the point?  The falcon doesn't care, but I'm sure the mouse thinks that he has some measure of control over the events around him.  Unfortunately for the mouse, that measure of control is purely an illusion, but I'm sure it makes the mouse feel a lot better for a brief period of time.

Yo Josh,

Did you get my communication about the very legit candidates for your charity-enforced-fund?
Some serious people are waiting for a boost to help turn another page.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:54:45 AM

fyi im still waiting for an RMA on the powersupply.

I didn't think they did refunds? powersupply for what?
the psu is under warranty. its for a 50 GH/s miner

charleshoskinson
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1008

CEO of IOHK

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:34:32 AM

Good seeing you in Miami Josh. How's the preorder business?

The revolution begins with the mind and ends with the heart. Knowledge for all, accessible to all and shared by all
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:23:52 AM

Good seeing you in Miami Josh. How's the preorder business?

ah..its a 'pre-order' business...i thought it was a btc miner equip operation duh

guess that i  why i could not get my bfl stuff from april (told would ship in may) till November
according to the date method on 30gh and 60gh on bfl site per shipping

(alas was  noob upgraded them to monarch i will never see until april again ..ah well live and learn)

pre-order business ...er now it all makes perfect sense!

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:09:51 AM

I'd love an explanation on the triple certified prototype

SlowMotion

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:34:31 AM

Be careful! is an assasin clow!
6strings

Activity: 441

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:19:17 PM

Post your reviews for BFL here:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=Butterfly+Labs

Tigerdirect is now selling them. Lets see if we can get them to drop them asap.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:38:54 PM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?keywords=Butterfly+Labs

er you can't drop what you never get.....BFL is a Pre-order company not an asic mnfg company...see there is where we messed up!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:22:36 PM

er you can't drop what you never get.....BFL is a Pre-order company not an asic mnfg company...see there is where we messed up!

Whoever`s R&D for tigerdirect is should be fired. Talk about doing homework on a company..  Roll Eyes

wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:48:50 PM

Sorry, haven't been paying much attention.

So did the new monarch Asic's ship in January like they said? It is January 31st. I'm sure BFL has come a long way in their past 3, 4, 7 failed attempts at delivering a product to spec, and on time, right?

lulz

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:55:11 AM

Sorry, haven't been paying much attention.

So did the new monarch Asic's ship in January like they said? It is January 31st. I'm sure BFL has come a long way in their past 3, 4, 7 failed attempts at delivering a product to spec, and on time, right?

lulz

lmao.... er...NO!

Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: