May 03, 2024, 11:00:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: best coin on the market?
VERGE - 294 (40.8%)
XVG - 427 (59.2%)
Total Voters: 721

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 667 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [$XVG] VERGE [POW][MultiAlgo][TOR/i2P][no premine/ico!]  (Read 843553 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (51 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
leancuisine

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 07:10:08 PM

so what's the news on VERGE did I miss anything exciting this week?

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantkin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:13:26 PM

this week?   been alot going on...

do the poll for one...

2 the price jumped up a bit.   *EDIT* took out the speculation Wink

g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1009

$XVG - The Standard in Crypto as a Currency!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 07:47:58 PM

another exchange you can get on.   this is where i watch atm.   not only ofc. but one of Smiley

https://c-cex.com/?id=&settz=4

weve been listed on c-cex for over a year lol

_///// [$XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON THE VERGE ★★★★★ [MULTI-ALGO] /////_
Milfis

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:56:34 PM

millfs,

wait for it to sync .   sometimes it taking longer than others. (read back a few pages)

the wallet from the one works directly into the other (well it did when i did it anyhow)

so the exchange wallet, should directly send to the new one just fine.

(ofc do a test amount) then check back next day.

Thank you yes the actual windows wallet is now synced and working but none of my 7 out of the deposits to variuos wallets have not arrived and its been over 48 hours now almost 72 actually, I think there is an actually issue with my old dd wallet hence I hoping dev would reply too as I am trying to claim my wallet address and this is the address that the  those 7 deposits have come from. I can see them clearly on the verge block chain but it seem the message system on there is not going through, assuming the messages go to him.

Perhaps I should pm him?

Sorry still pretty new to all this and clearly this mining business seems to be a fairly male dominated arena, I can imagine simular jokes about mining coins and women reversing cars  Grin Wink Grin obviously I am a women!!

Thanks again
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 08:13:45 PM

millfs,

wait for it to sync .   sometimes it taking longer than others. (read back a few pages)

the wallet from the one works directly into the other (well it did when i did it anyhow)

so the exchange wallet, should directly send to the new one just fine.

(ofc do a test amount) then check back next day.

Thank you yes the actual windows wallet is now synced and working but none of my 7 out of the deposits to variuos wallets have not arrived and its been over 48 hours now almost 72 actually, I think there is an actually issue with my old dd wallet hence I hoping dev would reply too as I am trying to claim my wallet address and this is the address that the  those 7 deposits have come from. I can see them clearly on the verge block chain but it seem the message system on there is not going through, assuming the messages go to him.

Perhaps I should pm him?

Sorry still pretty new to all this and clearly this mining business seems to be a fairly male dominated arena, I can imagine simular jokes about mining coins and women reversing cars  Grin Wink Grin obviously I am a women!!

Thanks again

why not just import the private keys? im not sure what the problem is that you're having.. if the deposits havent shown up, then either they didnt send or the place they were sent to isnt synced

giantkin

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 08:38:04 PM

another exchange you can get on.   this is where i watch atm.   not only ofc. but one of Smiley

Sure, but he found  you on a diff exchange and was asking for a different one.

not sure how  you meant your comment so i would defend my comment about his comment, from your comment.   Smiley

g

http://choicehost.biz  Domains and DIY -hosting   I save $5 or so, for each domain a year.  (Compared to other Domain Registrars)
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:00:33 PM

not sure how  you meant your comment so i would defend my comment about his comment, from your comment.   Smiley

g

That confused me too.  But giantkin, you didn't quote the original post, so Dogedarkdev thought you were just making a comment about a new exchange you found us on.  I had to read a couple of posts back from your original post to find out what you were referring too. 

Is there a preferred exchange for xvg ? I am using bittrex and the confirmation time is god awful. I don't think it should take hours for a deposit to clear -_-;

giantkin

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 09:04:45 PM

g

That confused me too.  But giantkin, you didn't quote the original post, so Dogedarkdev thought you were just making a comment about a new exchange you found us on.  I had to read a couple of posts back from your original post to find out what you were referring too. 

Is there a preferred exchange for xvg ? I am using bittrex and the confirmation time is god awful. I don't think it should take hours for a deposit to clear -_-;

ahh  i thought i did.  that explains that.  course, just reading my comment i can see its, odd on its own. lol.     Well, it dont help im a bit of a goofball Smiley

and typing/clicking while on the phone, taking orders, placing orders, typing up quotes etc.   might get a bit ....  disjointed Smiley lol
ofc, im a bit MORE off the wall, when im focusing on what im typing! Smiley  so theres that heh

TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 10:07:30 PM

Hey Folks,
 I am looking for an ELI5 step by step explanation on how to use the Verge wallet's console to import a paper wallet's private key.
Thanks in advance.
p75formula

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 11:06:33 PM

Hey Folks,
 I am looking for an ELI5 step by step explanation on how to use the Verge wallet's console to import a paper wallet's private key.
Thanks in advance.

I've never done it for VERGE but I assume it's like all the other qt wallets.

Open console
enter importprivkey <enterkeyhere>
CryptoRekt

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 11:50:37 PM

I would just point out to all the people bringing up digibyte that myriadcoin was the original five algo coin that dgb forked from. Also, it seems dgb development has stalled while myriad is in the process of releasing a rebase to Bitcoin v0.11.2. So, if multi algo is chosen as the way to go, probably better to fork from myriad and bring verge up to date with a modern btc codebase.

This is a very valid point.

///// [XVG] VERGE [Multi-Algo] \\\\\
_///// TOR . I2P . LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB . WEBSITE . RADIO . IRC \\\\\_
kiljoy001

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 12:05:55 AM

I would just point out to all the people bringing up digibyte that myriadcoin was the original five algo coin that dgb forked from. Also, it seems dgb development has stalled while myriad is in the process of releasing a rebase to Bitcoin v0.11.2. So, if multi algo is chosen as the way to go, probably better to fork from myriad and bring verge up to date with a modern btc codebase.

Just out of curiosity, by adopting another POW algo, has there been any consideration to any (if any) technical debt changing might incur?
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 12:57:08 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 01:16:02 AM by myriadcoin

Just out of curiosity, by adopting another POW algo, has there been any consideration to any (if any) technical debt changing might incur?

What do you mean by technical debt? It would require a hard fork, which is pretty safe for healthy altcoins. We're not in a position like bitcoin where we would have to reach out to such an enormous global network of miners (yet!).

Scrypt miners on lower profit margins would get pushed off the network (or switch to merge mining?), but miners from the other algorithms would come online, sending the overall hash rate to new highs.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
TheSignsGuy

Activity: 318
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:14:21 AM

Hey Folks,
Thanks in advance.

I've never done it for VERGE but I assume it's like all the other qt wallets.

Open console
enter importprivkey <enterkeyhere>

Yes it worked......was having some trouble with typos.

Thank you.
kiljoy001

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:32:18 AM

What do you mean by technical debt? It would require a hard fork, which is pretty safe for healthy altcoins. We're not in a position like bitcoin where we would have to reach out to such an enormous global network of miners (yet!).

Scrypt miners on lower profit margins would get pushed off the network (or switch to merge mining?), but miners from the other algorithms would come online, sending the overall hash rate to new highs.

Technical Debt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_debt

"The debt can be thought of as work that needs to be done before a particular job can be considered complete or proper. If the debt is not repaid, then it will keep on accumulating interest, making it hard to implement changes later on. Unaddressed technical debt increases software entropy. Also known as a feature gap."

Just wondering if this has been a consideration.

but miners from the other algorithms would come online, sending the overall hash rate to new highs.

Are you saying that in a multi algorithm system that those that use other protocols e.g. X11, will get more coins opposed to those that mine on algorithms that are not desired?

bitLeap

Merit: 476

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:05:38 AM

interesting read

SHA512 vs. Blowfish and Bcrypt
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1561174/sha512-vs-blowfish-and-bcrypt

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:11:30 AM

Are you saying that in a multi algorithm system that those that use other protocols e.g. X11, will get more coins opposed to those that mine on algorithms that are not desired?

It's no question of desirability. Right now, scrypt miners get 100% of the blocks. Under a 5 algo system, they would get 20% of the blocks. The implications depend on whether or not merge mining is enabled.

If it is, the same scrypt miners will continue mining Verge, but on top of LTC. They will have to trade their LTC for Verge.
If it isn't, only the most efficient scrypt miners will be able to continue profitably. The rest would have to mine other coins and trade for Verge.

Basically, this will be a mild nuisance to people with older/cheaper scrypt miners. On the other hand, 80% of the coins will now be distributed among a much wider market, including sha256d ASICS and GPUs. This will ultimately increase the value, and scrypt miners who held will be rewarded for the fork in the end.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
kurniajim

Activity: 924

Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 04:34:02 AM

Yes!
down down down!

bitLeap

Merit: 476

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:48:52 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2016, 05:01:54 AM by bitLeap

It's no question of desirability. Right now, scrypt miners get 100% of the blocks. Under a 5 algo system, they would get 20% of the blocks. The implications depend on whether or not merge mining is enabled.

If it is, the same scrypt miners will continue mining Verge, but on top of LTC. They will have to trade their LTC for Verge.
If it isn't, only the most efficient scrypt miners will be able to continue profitably. The rest would have to mine other coins and trade for Verge.

Basically, this will be a mild nuisance to people with older/cheaper scrypt miners. On the other hand, 80% of the coins will now be distributed among a much wider market, including sha256d ASICS and GPUs. This will ultimately increase the value, and scrypt miners who held will be rewarded for the fork in the end.

It depends which Multi-Algorithms are used (if MA is chosen although it seems it's almost a done deal). For ex. Saffroncoin - SHA256D, Scrypt, Groestl, X11 and Blake | Myriad - Scrypt, SHA256D, Qubit, Skein or Myriad-Groestl

All in all this can help decentralize even more VERGE as mentioned it's a good thing definitely less XVG will end in same hands. Selling XVG without even realizing it's good news will make people regret deeply Cheesy

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Dogedarkdev (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 05:01:38 AM

It depends which Multi-Algorithms are used (if MA is chosen). For ex. Saffroncoin - SHA256D, Scrypt, Groestl, X11 and Blake | Myriad - Scrypt, SHA256D, Qubit, Skein or Myriad-Groestl

All in all this can help decentralize even more VERGE as mentioned it's a good thing definitely less XVG will end in same hands. Selling XVG without even realizing it's good news will make people regret deeply Cheesy

yeah i agree, and the more algos we have, the more decentralization, and like you said, will make it available to a larger number of people/miners.

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 667 »
  Print  

Jump to: