Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 [522] 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... 1412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore's Dual Ethereum AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v15.0 (Windows/Linux)  (Read 6589903 times)
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:24:14 AM

kid talking ... imo most likely he owns nvidias . . .

back to topic, OP, any new revision of CDM ?

i think pascal can be improved
minerman121

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:01:37 AM

Why is the share rates on this miner so shit compared to other miners?

I am mining ethash with 26x RX470 - Constant New Jobs from the pool but in terms of share rate, the SGminer will provide 0.09 to 0.10 share rate, claymore providing 0.06.

Pool hashrate climbs to 730Mhash (Miner hashrate 712) with SGMiner, Claymore Miner only pulls 400mhash, 530mhas maximum.

DEVFEE has something to do with it as well. Just when you are about to climb in share submissions, DEVFEE kicks in. He claims that you only lose 2-3% of earnings with DEVFEE, however I beg to differ. I claim that using this miner, along with DEVFEE loses much more than 2-3%. Sometimes the miner can go minutes without submitting a share.

I will grant this miner on ETH is more stable than SG. But what's the point? I would rather tune down SG and get the higher submission rates than use Claymore on full blast with lower submission rates and in turn lower earnings.

What am I doing wrong here? Surely something is up, because the multitude of Claymore users out there SURELY cannot be dealing with lower submissions and lower earnings.

It;s like you have to be a scientists to mine on PoW. Its either one miner does not do a good job or the other has settings that you need to be a guru to work out. Why can't we just have a straight forward miner, that works.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:21:13 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2017, 07:37:36 AM by notbatman

Hey everybody !

After countless hours of research, and obviously reading a lot about AMD cards Ether mining crown, I decided to do full Nvidia for a first 6xGPUs dedicated rig. I figured out that even if the hashrate is a bit lower than with RX 4XX cards on ETH, it also offers more possibilities on other cryptos. We don't want to forget that ETH is announced to go POS since last year. Plus, on the power consumption side, no battle here, Nvidia holds the 1st place by far.

I read as much as I could of this very thread, and checked the results on whattomine.com, but I'm still wondering what hashrates Nvidia users actually get in the real world, out of the theoritical field.

I'm already mining ETH+LBC with 2 GTX970 [41MHs/64MHs], for it happened to be the most valuable combo so far, but I doubt these results are accurate for a proper upgrade to GTX1070.

I also would like to ask what GTX1070 brand/model you're using, and eventually why. I'm looking for a good average between performance and longevity. With proper maintenance, I plan to get these working for at least 2 years time [Reboot and dust-off every week + full cleaning and basic maintenance every other month + full check and fan greasing twice a year]

I decided to buy GTX1070, but I've got a very nice opportunity for an EVGA GTX1080 SC, and was wondering as well, if people had performance feedback about this very GPU. As far as I can read, it seemed like 1080 weren't doing very good, and looked like it was because of a lack of optimisation [on top of the DDR5x issue]. Do you know if this has been fixed, or it will just be uncompatible at all ?

Cheers !

Try some high end R9's like the nano on a low epoch ETH alt like EXP.

Nah, sorry, already made my mind up, and they won't be cheap R9's, but like I said, GTX1070.

So besides that useful reply, anyone using Nvidia rigs ?

Lol R9 nano/fury doesn't come cheap and the R9 pro duo is like $1500.
Gotomoon

Activity: 719
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:50:09 AM

Hey everybody !

After countless hours of research, and obviously reading a lot about AMD cards Ether mining crown, I decided to do full Nvidia for a first 6xGPUs dedicated rig. I figured out that even if the hashrate is a bit lower than with RX 4XX cards on ETH, it also offers more possibilities on other cryptos. We don't want to forget that ETH is announced to go POS since last year. Plus, on the power consumption side, no battle here, Nvidia holds the 1st place by far.

I read as much as I could of this very thread, and checked the results on whattomine.com, but I'm still wondering what hashrates Nvidia users actually get in the real world, out of the theoritical field.

I'm already mining ETH+LBC with 2 GTX970 [41MHs/64MHs], for it happened to be the most valuable combo so far, but I doubt these results are accurate for a proper upgrade to GTX1070.

I also would like to ask what GTX1070 brand/model you're using, and eventually why. I'm looking for a good average between performance and longevity. With proper maintenance, I plan to get these working for at least 2 years time [Reboot and dust-off every week + full cleaning and basic maintenance every other month + full check and fan greasing twice a year]

I decided to buy GTX1070, but I've got a very nice opportunity for an EVGA GTX1080 SC, and was wondering as well, if people had performance feedback about this very GPU. As far as I can read, it seemed like 1080 weren't doing very good, and looked like it was because of a lack of optimisation [on top of the DDR5x issue]. Do you know if this has been fixed, or it will just be uncompatible at all ?

Cheers !

Try some high end R9's like the nano on a low epoch ETH alt like EXP.

Nah, sorry, already made my mind up, and they won't be cheap R9's, but like I said, GTX1070.

So besides that useful reply, anyone using Nvidia rigs ?

Lol R9 nano doesn't come cheap.

I agree with that. nVidia is better.
KL0nLutiy

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:49:08 AM

what the hashrate of the gtx 1070 eth + lbry?

reids

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:51:34 AM

Just setup my first mining rig and attempting to use Claymores miner,

The following happens (along with the config file). No error. No jobs, just sits there...

http://imgur.com/a/DOapl

Anyone able to help?

Hey, well just try the following, I'm not saying it's going to work.

Remove the stratum+tcp://
only have the yiimp..... in the line.

Hope it helps, I have done this some time ago and it worked for me..

Now using the start.bat method without the DCR part and still experiencing it so afraid that's not the issue!

I encountered this last night as well after a Windows update.  Not sure how to fix it, but what I did was download a new version of the miner and copied over my start.bat file.  I then stripped out all of my mod'd parameters that I use in the miner so it was just my cards and nothing else starting up and rebooted the machine a couple of times and "poof", started working.  The "poof" was the magic part because I still don't know why I wouldn't work in the first place.  Once it started up I went back in and applied all my modifications.

Already tried that a couple of times. No luck!

What happens when you run the bat file which is included in Claymore package?

The same (when specifying the same eth info, missed out the DCR part).
hopfi2k

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 08:54:42 AM

Hi,

I have to thank @claymore - version 9.3 is running more stable and smooth than anything else!
With 4 x Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB (Samsung) I'm facing absolutely no issues under Linux.
The rig is drawing around 550 watts at the wall and is constantly hashing @117-118MH/s while
keeping very silent and stable.
I have custom mod my roms and also undervolted mem and gpu in a quite lengthy trial-and-error process. Power consumption is very important as power is too expensive in my country. Otherwise I could easily reach > 31MH/s.

Keep up your fantastic work, Claymore!

Thanks,
Andy

https://preview.ibb.co/k5pRt5/IMG_7770.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/fAmjfk/screenshot.png
https://preview.ibb.co/hu5zD5/At_the_wall.jpg
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 09:26:23 AM

Just setup my first mining rig and attempting to use Claymores miner,

The following happens (along with the config file). No error. No jobs, just sits there...

http://imgur.com/a/DOapl

Anyone able to help?

Hey, well just try the following, I'm not saying it's going to work.

Remove the stratum+tcp://
only have the yiimp..... in the line.

Hope it helps, I have done this some time ago and it worked for me..

Now using the start.bat method without the DCR part and still experiencing it so afraid that's not the issue!

I encountered this last night as well after a Windows update.  Not sure how to fix it, but what I did was download a new version of the miner and copied over my start.bat file.  I then stripped out all of my mod'd parameters that I use in the miner so it was just my cards and nothing else starting up and rebooted the machine a couple of times and "poof", started working.  The "poof" was the magic part because I still don't know why I wouldn't work in the first place.  Once it started up I went back in and applied all my modifications.

Already tried that a couple of times. No luck!

What happens when you run the bat file which is included in Claymore package?

The same (when specifying the same eth info, missed out the DCR part).
I've seen Claymore's comment of that, first page ( or readme file ), cannot find it right now. Maybe put -esm 2 or something like that
djazher

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:55:01 AM

Youve wasted several pages on the forum with total carp i dont know where you get your figures from if its  just straight from whattomine  then you need to do proper research  of what miners are actually getting from there cards,then at the very end  you have the  GTX1070 duel mining and the RX480 only mining eth really fair  apples to melons

AH AH ! Right... I do strongly invite you to have a look around whattomine.com, looks like you don't know this website, and do the comparison by yourself. There is a special tab for ETH+LBRY, SC, DCR and PASC. I just let you look for it [Hint : Up and middle] As for my calculations, please read the loooooong post that wastes soooooo much pages, there is a bit of info about it.

Then you'll probably cry Smiley

Looks like you'all own AMDs, and that's OK, or at least it was last year.

Now... We are several people interested in Nvidias users feedback, GPU brand, models, stats...
SolarRunner

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:45:40 AM

Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.
=========================

Latest version is v9.3:

Is it possible to implement a performance test for a specific range of dcri values? With the output of the results in the report file?
-benchmark-dcri 10-60,5 ({start value}-{stop value},{step})
>>
-dcri 10: 29.5 [ETH] / 500 [DCR]
-dcri 15: 29.0 [ETH] / 550 [DCR]
-dcri 20: 28.5 [ETH] / 600 [DCR]
... (dcri step +5)
-dcri 60: 23.0 [ETH] / 1500 [DCR]

Or the execution of such a test by pressing a hot key?
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 11:46:59 AM

Youve wasted several pages on the forum with total carp i dont know where you get your figures from if its  just straight from whattomine  then you need to do proper research  of what miners are actually getting from there cards,then at the very end  you have the  GTX1070 duel mining and the RX480 only mining eth really fair  apples to melons

AH AH ! Right... I do strongly invite you to have a look around whattomine.com, looks like you don't know this website, and do the comparison by yourself. There is a special tab for ETH+LBRY, SC, DCR and PASC. I just let you look for it [Hint : Up and middle] As for my calculations, please read the loooooong post that wastes soooooo much pages, there is a bit of info about it.

Now... We are several people interested in Nvidias users feedback, GPU brand, models, stats...

Nvidia seems to do great with Xevan algo with gtx 1080 with a nice lead.
Only sad nvidia is so insanely expensive..

notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:50:57 AM

FYI I tested a Gigabyte RX460 4GB unlocked and i'm getting 11 MH/s ETH and 400 MH/s DCR @ 75W.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:56:13 AM

Nvidia seems to do great with Xevan algo with gtx 1080 with a nice lead.
Only sad nvidia is so insanely expensive..

I'll be walking all over Nvidia with yesterday's R9, I'll post some screen caps when I get the cards.
SolarRunner

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:58:05 AM

FYI I tested a Gigabyte RX460 4GB unlocked and i'm getting 11 MH/s ETH and 400 MH/s DCR @ 75W.
Can u test it on ZEC?
Kittu12345

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:15:53 PM

Hii everyone!!!
I am having trouble with ethereum gpu mining!!! I used all gpu miners including claymore miner and all of them give the same error!!!

"GPU can't allocate the DAG in a single chunk. Bailing?"

I have done all sort of fixes but nothing fixed my issue...

For example I have increased virtual memory of computer, I tried different pools like nanopool minergate etc but none of them fix my problem..

I also changed gpu max alloc percent 100 to gpu max alloc percent 95. But this also do not fix my problem...

I have 8gb ram in my computer and 2 gb AMD Radeon R5 M335 Graphic card.. And Intel HD graphics 520..my computer is dell insperon.

Plz zzz help!!!!
Any idea? 😥🤔
Drawde

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:18:19 PM

Hii everyone!!!
I am having trouble with ethereum gpu mining!!! I used all gpu miners including claymore miner and all of them give the same error!!!

For example I have increased virtual memory of computer, I tried different pools like nanopool minergate etc but none of them fix my problem..

I also changed gpu max alloc percent 100 to gpu max alloc percent 95. But this also do not fix my problem...

I have 8gb ram in my computer and 2 gb AMD Radeon R5 M335 Graphic card.. And Intel HD graphics 520..my computer is dell insperon.

Plz zzz help!!!!
Any idea? 😥🤔

DAG will not fit in a 2GB card you need at least a 4GB card.
miner417

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:18:57 PM

Hii everyone!!!

Plz zzz help!!!!
Any idea? 😥🤔

Can't mine Eth with a 2GB card anymore. The Dag file is larger than that, so you can't mine with that card.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:22:29 PM

Hii everyone!!!

Plz zzz help!!!!
Any idea? 😥🤔

Can't mine ETH with 2GB anymore, try an ETH alt like EXP or MUSIC.

-allcoins EXP

Use that for 2GB cards.

Kittu12345

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:50:51 PM

Thanks for the response!!!
Can you tell some crypto currency like ethereum that are easy to mine with gpu with easy setup and is profitable.. Like ethereum price is increasing day by day. So I am looking for the currency which is growing like ethereum and is easy to mine...
My computer specifications are-
8gb ram, 2gb AMD Radeon R5 M335 graphic card and Intel HD graphics 520...
Thanks!!!  Kiss
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:17:22 PM

Thanks for the response!!!
Can you tell some crypto currency like ethereum that are easy to mine with gpu with easy setup and is profitable.. Like ethereum price is increasing day by day. So I am looking for the currency which is growing like ethereum and is easy to mine...
My computer specifications are-
8gb ram, 2gb AMD Radeon R5 M335 graphic card and Intel HD graphics 520...
Thanks!!!  Kiss

Buy some new RX470/480 graphics cards You'll ROI in three to four months depending on your power cost.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
Pages: « 1 ... 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 [522] 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... 1412 »
  Print  

Jump to: