Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:25:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 [826] 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:42:58 PM

Our ICO bot now supports BTC and ETH (meaning you can pay in BTC or ETH to buy a token issued on Byteball platform).

https://github.com/byteball/ico-bot

Now, almost all pieces are in place to become an ICO platform.

Wonderful news! Now only the issue of the broadcasting of the assets' names has to be completed. Any news about the project for the registrars of such names?

Already completed:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg27702792#msg27702792

I HAD read that statement, but I didn't understand if the procedure is already fully operative. I remember that the project of the name reservation and broadcasting was quite complex and involved the creation of a sort of registrars first.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hhugh

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:54:30 PM

Done with Dutch translation of the wallet, checked everything. Who knew there is so much text in a wallet?  Huh Grin

Good work. We need good men like you, each carrying one of the bricks to build the house. Let’s keep translation efforts up people!

I don't have any Korean friends, but we need this translation for sure... I don't think any of the UpBit participants even know Byteball exists.
Hhugh

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:02:07 PM

Guys!

I have built a BYTEBALL VIDEO FAUCET and I am giving away until END OF 2017 for FREE 5,000,000 bytes for every new Byteball user:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up5mWozjHhI

This is also a perfect tool to support the growth of Byteball community (and Byteball PRICE!)
Please help me with that!

You can also get free byteball, but even more important:
YOU CAN RAISE THE VALUE OF YOUR BYTEBALL ASSETS by spreading the news about the faucet.
The more users own and transact in Byteball, the more valuable Byteball becomes and it's price rises.
Until now, roughly 500 new users created byteball wallets and joined our community through this campaign.
This is a good way to also reach mainstream adoption of byteball.

So help me promote Byteball and increase your net worth at the same time!

But hurry up! The campaign runs until December 31 only.

Just share the video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up5mWozjHhI
with on your Social Media channels with some nice comments like:
"Become a Byteball Millionaire"
"Get 5,000,000 Byteball for free"
or
"First Byteball Faucet"
"Get free Byteball from the Byteball Video Faucet"

You could also post the screenshot of your wallet with the funds you've received like this guy did:
https://twitter.com/benjamim/status/946325369963114496

Thanx so much for making this community great! Let's make things happen!

What do you think of this initiative?

Many thanks Rafael!  This video and your Polish video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1vQPqypKRo brought us about 2000 new users!

And made Poland a bright sport on our map.  This is Android installs:

Each user received 5 MB and the total cost of this promotion was about 10 GB.
It was initially paid from the community fund but since it is obviously a way to distribute coins (an unplanned one), the community fund will be refilled for these 10 GB from the undistributed funds.

That's great!!! I 100% support using undistributed funds for efforts like this! As a holder I would even be happy for undistributed funds to be used to acquire new full time talent, as necessary.
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:16:22 PM

Done with Dutch translation of the wallet, checked everything. Who knew there is so much text in a wallet?  Huh Grin

Good work. We need good men like you, each carrying one of the bricks to build the house. Let’s keep translation efforts up people!

I don't have any Korean friends, but we need this translation for sure... I don't think any of the UpBit participants even know Byteball exists.

We could pool up som cash to pay someone?
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:28:03 PM

Blackbytes Bytes Exchange BEEB is offering you 1,000,000 Bytes!

Buy and sale your BlackBytes on BEEB - More info at http://beeb-bot.com

Here is your link to receive 1,000,000 Bytes: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?together-orange-pelican-tooth-fox-lucky-half-cup-window-coil-radar-pen
tonych (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 04:55:16 PM

Version 2.1 released: https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases

* Added ability to send all public assets as textcoins.  Previously it was available only for bytes.
* Added ability to remove the sent textcoins from the wallet, which allows to create paper wallets for cold storage.  The paper wallet is just the 12 words of the textcoin.  After writing it down (and optionally printing as QR code using any QR code generator), you delete the textcoin from the wallet to protect it from online threats.  Later, you can get this money back online by using Claim link on the Receive tab of the wallet and typing the 12 words.  If you don't plan to spend 90% of your balance in the near future, this is a way to keep it safer.
* Added dollar amounts in the texts that come with textcoins.  Those who receive textcoins via email, will have a better idea how much they received.
* Added dollar amounts in the display of wallet balances, transaction history, and fees.  The fees are particularly important.  I saw many people trying to get the dollar value of Byteball fees and almost always they were 2 or 3 zeros off.  The rates are updated from Bittrex and Freebe every 5 minutes.  Hub operators, please update your hubs.
* Fixed the remaining crashes in full wallets

Another small but important update: when a textcoin link is clicked on Android which doesn't have Byteball app installed yet, the user will be automatically redirected to our app on Google Play and the textcoin will be passed on to Google Play, then to the newly installed app, and claimed immediately after the wallet is created.  Which is a very smooth process for new users.

Simplicity is beauty
xylem29

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:15:29 PM

I read the OP with the instructions on future distributions - so just to clarify.

I have GBytes currently held on an exchange and my BTC on a hardware wallet.

To participate - I just need to download one of the wallets and also the chat-bot and follow the instructions and that's it?

I would need to send a micropayment (or sign a message from my wallet) to the address specificed by the bot and also transfer my Gbytes from ex to wallet.

Is the signing of the message safter than sending a micropayment? And just to clarify - after we send the micropayment, we can send it back to our wallet right?

After this is all done - we just wait until the next round and the Gbytes and Blackbytes will be automatically airdropped to our wallet?
w@p

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:05:15 PM

Another small but important update: when a textcoin link is clicked on Android which doesn't have Byteball app installed yet, the user will be automatically redirected to our app on Google Play and the textcoin will be passed on to Google Play, then to the newly installed app, and claimed immediately after the wallet is created.  Which is a very smooth process for new users.

Fantastic. UX details like this matter greatly.
Freefactomizer

Activity: 346
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:08:01 PM

I read the OP with the instructions on future distributions - so just to clarify.

I have GBytes currently held on an exchange and my BTC on a hardware wallet.

To participate - I just need to download one of the wallets and also the chat-bot and follow the instructions and that's it?

I would need to send a micropayment (or sign a message from my wallet) to the address specificed by the bot and also transfer my Gbytes from ex to wallet.

Is the signing of the message safter than sending a micropayment? And just to clarify - after we send the micropayment, we can send it back to our wallet right?

After this is all done - we just wait until the next round and the Gbytes and Blackbytes will be automatically airdropped to our wallet?

The micropayment isn't returned, better use message signature. For the rest you've well understood.
For security, I would advise to set-up a multidevice wallet with at least 2 cosigners required.

🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈 -  Obyte Sport Betting Bot - 🏀 - ⚾ - ⚽ - ❄ - 🏈
Black_bl

Activity: 503
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:25:07 PM

Any news from byteball world beside Tonych update?
SummertimeHeat

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:37:25 PM

I like byteball, because I have some.

What about blackbytes do you like them or not hold them? lol
MirkoIta
Legendary

Activity: 1667
Merit: 1008

Stoned & Stranged

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 12:34:44 AM

* Added ability to send all public assets as textcoins.  Previously it was available only for bytes.
* Added ability to remove the sent textcoins from the wallet, which allows to create paper wallets for cold storage.  The paper wallet is just the 12 words of the textcoin.  After writing it down (and optionally printing as QR code using any QR code generator), you delete the textcoin from the wallet to protect it from online threats.  Later, you can get this money back online by using Claim link on the Receive tab of the wallet and typing the 12 words.  If you don't plan to spend 90% of your balance in the near future, this is a way to keep it safer.
* Added dollar amounts in the texts that come with textcoins.  Those who receive textcoins via email, will have a better idea how much they received.
* Added dollar amounts in the display of wallet balances, transaction history, and fees.  The fees are particularly important.  I saw many people trying to get the dollar value of Byteball fees and almost always they were 2 or 3 zeros off.  The rates are updated from Bittrex and Freebe every 5 minutes.  Hub operators, please update your hubs.

That's awesome you are doing a huge work on this project it is great that textcoins are claimed instantly,I used it to introduce some IRL friends to Byteball already. I also like a lot the new wallet showing dollar values of GB and assets,will it be possible in future to also add Euros(and eventually other FIAT currencies)?

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN ENGLISH TO ITALIAN TRANSLATOR? HIRE ME ON https://fivebucks.com/users/MirkoItalia            
     ONLY BITCOIN SV ACCEPTED
Hhugh

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:32:43 AM

Tony, you are a boss!!
-doubleU-
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1307

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:41:26 AM

I also like a lot the new wallet showing dollar values of GB and assets,will it be possible in future to also add Euros(and eventually other FIAT currencies)?
Multicurrency Values of GB was a good option for the future. I think that is possible, Tonych can use the Coinmarketcap API instead the Bittrex API. I hope he like your Idea... 

███████████████████████████
█████████▀▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀████████
█████▀▄█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀█████
████ █▀▄███████████▄▀██████
███▄█ ███████▀ ██████ █ ███
██▀█ ███  ▀▀█  ▀██████ █ ██
██ █ ████▄▄      ▀▀▀██ █ ██
██ █ █████▌        ▄██ ████
███▄█ █████▄▄   ▄▄███ █▀███
████▀█▄▀█████▌  ▀██▀▄█ ████
█████▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀▄█████
████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████████████████████
█ █▀█ █▀█ █▀█  ▄  ▄▀▀ █   ▄▀█ ▀█▀ ▄▀▀ ▄███▄
█ █▀█ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀ ▀▀█ █   █ █  █  ▀▀█ ▀███▀
█ █▄█ █▄█ █▄█     ▄▄▀ ▀▄▄ █▄▀  █  ▄▄▀   
                                        █
████████████████████████████████████ 
███▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▀▀███ 
█▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀██▀▄██▀███▄▀████▄
█ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ ██ █ ▀ ▀███ █████
█ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ ██ ██    ▄█ █████
█▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄██▄▀██  ▀█▀▄████▀
███▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄▄███
████████████████████████████████████
▄███▄
▄███████▄
▄███████████▄
▐█████████████▌
▄█  █████████
▄█████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████  ███████████▀
▄█  ██████████  ████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▀███████████████████████▀
███████
█████████████████████
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:48:59 AM

You are silently doing something great and I do hope you will get what you deserve for your work and committment to this project.
I am using the Byteball app with some friends where we chat together, bet together, share expenses together and that feels so great. I can't do the same with any other coin!
Thanks tony
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:40:07 PM

This is really a lovely idea! I can't wait to see the habit of people sending bytes through textcoins becoming mainstream!

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
AlexNedano

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 04:48:24 PM

The problem is that nobody care about tech, only marketing matters.
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:31:52 PM

Most people only care about exchanges, exchanges, exchanges. Marketing... This is so narrow minded! The value derives from the technology, not from exchanges and promoting inside South Korea! Exchanges and all those things could be added/done later on and then price would eventually soar anyway, so why caring about marketing all the time?

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
IckyYak22871

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:19:36 PM

Yes! That is why all crypto space is currently such a big pile of shit. Hopefully, dedicated people like tonych will eventually change this.
byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:21:07 PM

Most people only care about exchanges, exchanges, exchanges. Marketing... This is so narrow minded! The value derives from the technology, not from exchanges and promoting inside South Korea! Exchanges and all those things could be added/done later on and then price would eventually soar anyway, so why caring about marketing all the time?
At this point in time, yes short-term hype marketing is king. However in the long run superior tech (with some visibility of course) and cryptos that inspire long-term confidence will win. Currency is not just a cord connection standard. Look at Monero. That's a currency I would be comfortable buying for the long-run, in the top five in my book. Completely a community effort. Or look at raiblocks. Around for three years with good development and tech, just now got visibility. Marketing is a good idea, but the lack thereof is no reason for despair.
Pages: « 1 ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 [826] 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: