Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:11:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 [809] 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16557

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 08:31:38 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 04:26:03 PM by LoyceV

where is his direct response to the fact the entire thread is discussing the moving of gbyte to mbyte
Tony is a technical person, I don't think it matters to him, just like it doesn't matter to me. Moving to 1 MBYTE makes them 1000 times cheaper than 1 GBYTE, but there are also 1000 more units available: 1 BILLION! Now, there are only 1 million GBYTES, which is really not much.
Based on the same theory you could also move to kbyte, they'll be a fraction of a cent!

I've changed my mind on this though, I'm now in favour of moving to smaller units. For Bitcoin, I set all my wallets to mBTC too, and if you were to buy a coffee with either one of them, paying x "units" is more convenient than paying 0.00x units. It looks much more like dollars or whatever currency people are used to.

A friend of mine wanted to buy some altcoins, I mentioned a few, and she said she can buy Bitcore, because it's only like $15 and she can afford that.
I'd say move to MBYTE, and make that the default unit for newly installed wallets too.

Question for the exchange bot owners:
Would it be possible to create a GUI web interface to trade from? I like how it's possible to exchange in chat, but it's much less intuitive than a GUI would be. If we can setup trades in the GUI, then make the transaction from the Byteball wallet, that would be great, and I expect more people would use it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HALLASTERA

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:12:21 AM

Thinking you are guys very exaggerate Byteball, and it's not new consensus.
CarlOrff

Activity: 826
Merit: 440

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:14:14 AM

Is the free airdrop for bitcoin holders still ongoing, or is it finished?
ngoing : next distribution on march.

Bitcoin + privacy respect = BitcoinZ (topic BitcoinZ)
The only decentralized crypto that complements Bitcoin on privacy.
You missed Bitcoin in 2009 ? Do not miss BitcoinZ in 2018 !
CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:30:38 AM

Guys!

I have built a BYTEBALL VIDEO FAUCET and I am giving away until END OF 2017 for FREE 5,000,000 bytes for every new Byteball user:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up5mWozjHhI

Another prove for units bias: The video is motivating (good job man!) because he talks about becoming a byte millionaire and getting 5,000,000 bytes. It wouldn't sound so great if he would talk about 0.005GB
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:48:55 AM

Do you know of any other project using the same or similar consensus algorithm?

Remember IOTA is a Ponzi scheme where nothing works as they claim and it is only a single SQL database behind the curtain, while RaiBlocks is different consensus design.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:38:25 AM

Remember IOTA is a Ponzi scheme where nothing works as they claim and it is only a single SQL database behind the curtain....

Ha ha, shots fired!

tiaozhanziwo

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:53:34 AM

Just to mention, for the Byteball wallets of all my friends I always instruct them to change the default unit to MB. For the Slice&Dice Dungeon game I also use MB and soon I will probably even switch to KB. GB is simply not a practical denomination. You can say what you want about logic and psychology but GB is not practical! Most purchases made online will be less than 1 GB. Writing that comma is a source of errors. Is it a dot or comma? It can cause trouble. And it is stupid to cling to gbytes.
I also agree that the default unit will be changed to MB, which makes the buyer feel more cost-effective.
Rogerdale

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:31:32 PM

Just to mention, for the Byteball wallets of all my friends I always instruct them to change the default unit to MB. For the Slice&Dice Dungeon game I also use MB and soon I will probably even switch to KB. GB is simply not a practical denomination. You can say what you want about logic and psychology but GB is not practical! Most purchases made online will be less than 1 GB. Writing that comma is a source of errors. Is it a dot or comma? It can cause trouble. And it is stupid to cling to gbytes.
I also agree that the default unit will be changed to MB, which makes the buyer feel more cost-effective.

Actually GB unit was not a problem in June when Byteball was second expensive crypto after Bitcoin... I believe noobs look mostly on the price dynamic, whether it is rising or falling. It doesn't really matter what the unit is if the price is falling. Now it is rising, maybe it will attract more attention.

However, MB unit looks better though. IOTA uses MIOTA units, not GIOTA.
Autumn

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:42:52 PM

Do you know of any other project using the same or similar consensus algorithm?

Remember IOTA is a Ponzi scheme where nothing works as they claim and it is only a single SQL database behind the curtain, while RaiBlocks is different consensus design.

Do not say that, because IOTA once gave me 10,000 times the profit ha ha ha, it is unique, of course, I also think byteball's technical value is convincing
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:38:21 PM

Well I see the Byteball thread is now doing the post count,price parity thing.
I know... useless fact, just thought I'd throw it out there for a shiggle.....

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:45:34 PM

At least that means that the price will continue to crawl upwards.

BTCspace

Activity: 952
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:50:56 PM

let's change the basic unit to MB or KB ?

i think byteball reasonable valuation should be 50% of IOTA !

I think IOTA reasonable valuation should be 50% of byteball because IOTA even doesn't have a warking wallet and peoples that use it have a lot of trouble!
And I think byteball need more exchange.

Well what about the fact iota is not even able to operate in a decentralised manner right now. It has its coordinator training wheels on and they are afraid to remove them. I would find that far more worrying right now.

IOTA is an ico coin... no one really know how they really distribute the coin

byteball is better and more transparent

i hope byteball have same marketcap as iota at least!

let's hope in 2018, 1 Gbyte= 5000$

running farm worldwide
Frank37

Activity: 770

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:39:28 PM

let's change the basic unit to MB or KB ?

i think byteball reasonable valuation should be 50% of IOTA !

I think IOTA reasonable valuation should be 50% of byteball because IOTA even doesn't have a warking wallet and peoples that use it have a lot of trouble!
And I think byteball need more exchange.

Well what about the fact iota is not even able to operate in a decentralised manner right now. It has its coordinator training wheels on and they are afraid to remove them. I would find that far more worrying right now.

IOTA is an ico coin... no one really know how they really distribute the coin

byteball is better and more transparent

i hope byteball have same marketcap as iota at least!

let's hope in 2018, 1 Gbyte= 5000$

Yes, you are right, but IOTA is very active in marketing and in doing partnerships. Every week a new team member.
You know, that a good technique alone is not always winning, look at microsoft.
But I like Byteball more, it is simply better to use.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:57:20 PM

Hmm, would it be that time again when I already called for a (self) moderated topic?

Anyway, GBYTE has many interesting aspects worth discussing and I for one would be interested in some statistics about the DAG. More specifically, is there a way to get stats about the number of transactions per day? I've seen https://explorer.byteball.org/ but it seems to show little more information than the graph itself.
Qrivium

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:40:41 PM

Here is your link to receive 0.001 GB: https://byteball.org/openapp.html#textcoin?nephew-mountain-buddy-erupt-luxury-mechanic-shoulder-reject-calm-guilt-size-cinnamon

----------------------------------------------------------------
Help needed please.  Inside Byteball, there is a Byte-BTC exchange. I accidentally sent all of my blackbytes to that address. Is there anyway I may recover? Thanks very much.
Do you have a sale-order now or did you sell them cheap?
I supposed to send GBYTE to that given address, I instead sent blackbytes to that address. I guess I lost all of my blackbytes.

That is correct, because that address didn't get them either since you have to be paired to the address in order for them to get them.

There is a slight chance you can pair if the received is willing and able to do the pairing.  It's difficult since it is a bot.

Just wanted to point out that they didn't just magically receive your blackbytes.

I am new to Byteball and downloaded android wallet did setup and then clicked on the link above. told meI had already used the text which is wired.  Obviously I hadn’t and my wallet is empty.   Is everyone using the small expense w@llet tat is created on the android?   was hoping to play with a little Byteball to see how it and black bytes work.

Any tips for newcomers to Byteball?  I can see you can buy with BTC through the wallet instead of exchange.  Have people used it and are the rates good?  Thank you
byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:52:55 PM

Hmm, would it be that time again when I already called for a (self) moderated topic?

Anyway, GBYTE has many interesting aspects worth discussing and I for one would be interested in some statistics about the DAG. More specifically, is there a way to get stats about the number of transactions per day? I've seen https://explorer.byteball.org/ but it seems to show little more information than the graph itself.
Yes, you can see number of transactions on https://byteball.fr/heartbeat.php.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:39:59 PM

not exactly sure what you are insinuating there but
if you mean please abstain from posting useless fun facts on the thread
I certainly will and my humble apologies...
if not, well nm....

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Lann

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:24:33 AM

Hello! We have opened a fund-raising for large-scale MARKETING of Byteball.
With your help we can spread the information about Byteball to the maximum number of people. Each of your invested byte will work to attract new audience, the inflow of which will significantly increase the value of cryptocurrency.
More information you can find here:
Site - https://bytesfund.com
Topic(EN) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2664152
Topic(RU) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2664256
Bot's pairing code - AqlIgvF1BXb0MjrlxY6HYRFOAhfcdi0FpbR/PAGH+map@byteball.org/bb#0000
We will regularly form the reporting of spending with a list of platforms on which reviews and the advertising were ordered with the amounts of their spending. These reports you can see by going to our website, pointed in the heading.
You can share your ideas about the development of Byteball with us, or suggest partnership, by writing in the topic, or by writing to our e-mail: support@bytesfund.com

*We aren't the official developer's fund.
sailthor

Activity: 276
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:58:49 AM

With your help we can spread the information about Byteball to the maximum number of people. Each of your invested byte will work to attract new audience, the inflow of which will significantly increase the value of cryptocurrency.
Bot's pairing code - AqlIgvF1BXb0MjrlxY6HYRFOAhfcdi0FpbR/PAGH+map@byteball.org/bb#0000
We will regularly form the reporting of spending with a list of platforms on which reviews and the advertising were ordered with the amounts of their spending. These reports you can see by going to our website, pointed in the heading.
You can share your ideas about the development of Byteball with us, or suggest partnership, by writing in the topic, or by writing to our e-mail: support@bytesfund.com

Does Tony have any word or opinion on this?

Hhugh

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:36:25 AM

Does Tony have any word or opinion on this?

Yes, he literally said on slack "thanks for bringing this to my attention, i have no idea who they are"

My comment (and haven't gotten a response):
Glad to see people getting involved!  My concern comes from the fact that there is no independent accountability or means of recourse if this group does not deliver on its promises. Everything they are hoping to achieve through this effort could be done more efficiently and with safeguards if donations (for example) flow through the community fund externally designated for this project. Would something like this work for the group? Or is the group only interested in efforts if they directly receive the money first?

Edit Add-on:
https://wiki.byteball.org/byteball-community-fund
Pages: « 1 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 [809] 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: