Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:16:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 [676] 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1234010 times)
Helios45

Activity: 244
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:57:18 PM

Is there anyone updated the wallet? I am not sure if I should backup the whole wallet first before update Huh

I did update my wallet with no issues
You should always take a backup before applying an update on the wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:05:27 PM

Got my 10% 18 hours ago. Thanks for the airdrop!
were blackbytes distributed already?

I am yet to receive GBB as well. These usually take a little while longer to distribute.

Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:44:55 PM

No

It was not the final airdrop, there's more airdrops to come. Next airdrop will be on the full moon of November.

Hmmm, did tony announce he's skipping the October 5th full moon?

Either way, thanks again for the bytes and blackbytes, tonych!!

Don't forget to complete a full backup, everyone Smiley

Yes, listed on the Wiki, byteball.org, and on the OP.

+1 FULL Backup often

I have recieved my share from airdrop, but still no sign of blackbytes. I started receiveng them when thi price was as high as 0.3btc. However, the price kept falling after each airdrop. The coin price is dramatically low now. I think these airdrops will bring its end soon.

Maybe you should read more than just your own post as blackbytes distribution takes a few days as indicated.
So, you're complaining that you're receiving free money?
Since you think it will bring the end of byteball, are you going to simply dump and be done with the thread of still post?

Distribution of bytes is finished.
Total distributed: 57,444.473272169 GB.  It's about $19m at the current rate.
New available supply: 583,896.4940036 GB.  Coinmarketcap is already updated.

I'll update when blackbytes are distributed, it is going to take about 3 days.
whether it was the  final airdrop? did i understand wrong?

How did you interpret that from his statement?  Yes, you understood it wrong.
Next drop is October.

Anyone knows how do I disable trade notifications that are coming on my Android phone for the trades getting settled in freebe bot?

Can anyone please help me with this?

In the Bot chat, type in      /settings
That will give you three options for notifications you can disable.
Or directly like:
/disable_chat
/disable_info     (this is the trading switch you're asking about)
/disable_status

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:49:02 PM

Is there anyone updated the wallet? I am not sure if I should backup the whole wallet first before update Huh

I did update my wallet with no issues
You should always take a backup before applying an update on the wallet

Always backup.
Prior to an update, after an update, and
before and after blackbyte payments.

Like I said before, no one has complained about having too many backups.  People always complain when they didn't have a backup they needed.

I am yet to receive GBB as well. These usually take a little while longer to distribute.

Like Tony said less than a day ago....
Distribution of bytes is finished.
Total distributed: 57,444.473272169 GB.  It's about $19m at the current rate.
New available supply: 583,896.4940036 GB.  Coinmarketcap is already updated.

I'll update when blackbytes are distributed, it is going to take about 3 days.

3 - 1 = approximately 2 days.   (Maths)

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:53:19 PM

Got my shares of GBYTE and GBBYTE! Looking forward to November. I don't think we will see this price again  Wink

Thanks tonych and everybody who's contributing here
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:07:13 PM

Why doesn't ETH holders dump it and buy Byteball?
Byteball is moving away from dropping based on Coin (bitcoin or altcoin) holdings.  It's moved to benefit people that actually have Byteball.

Most don't know about it.  Here's 2 ideas: 1) send an ERC20 token to everybody who holds 1+ ETH, allow them to exchange it for bytes using the transition bot (give people a taste, like a 1-3% airdrop, like the OmiseGo airdrop, but less than Byteball was dropping first half of 2017), or 2) just have them sign a message with ETH address proving balance, but this kinda encourages people to not talk about it, but its better than nothing cuz it would at least get people do try out the Byteball wallet.

To all Holders: tell people about Byteball: give them 100,000 bytes and 210000 blackbytes if they install the wallet (make a backup after sending blackbytes)), chat with them, and spread the word. Byteball's potential is huge, all it needs now to grow is more users.

Then airdrop on Steem holders.. Steem is almost in the top 1000 websites now.. its blockchain is used more than Bitcoin&Ethereum combined.. or somehow give crypto twitter people a financial incentive to pump it.. like, they give out a referral link, and if you link your ETH or STEEM they get a tiny percentage.  Byteball hasn't really hit twitter yet.. you wanna see a pump? get people like notsofast, cryptoCobain, loomdart, alistairmilne, WhalePanda, Max Keiser to tweet about it.  Market cap would double in a few days.  Although I do expect most of those guys to pump it anyway once the distribution is over.  Right now people have some incentive to not talk about Byteball so they can get more distributions of bytes.

Byteball is moving away from dropping based on Coin (bitcoin or altcoin) holdings.  It's moved to benefit people that actually have Byteball.
And that is really a great step! I am holding Byteball since many months, good that this will be more rewarded than holding another coin.
It would be great if they change the distribution model to benefit the Long-Term Holder, maybe 10% for Coins holding longer than a month, that will decrease the dump every time.

There is some benefit to that, but maybe more benefit if a lot more people know about Byteball and use it.  Maybe do airdrops on people who are sportsbetting or gambling (same idea as the 10% airdrop on purchases, but do it for bets).
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:04:21 PM

Anyone who still thinks IOTA is serious project should read this first.

https://medium.com/@neha/cryptographic-vulnerabilities-in-iota-9a6a9ddc4367

Byteball relies on Bitcoin cryptography. Only libsecp2561k the good old tried and tested. Enjoy!
star citizen

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:27:24 PM

Did Bittrex renamed Byteball?

The name is now only Bytes. I could swaer it was Byteball luntil recently. The name Byteball isn't even mentioned anywhere.

Did something happend?

Interesting... That's probably because of something we have been discussing months ago.
I think it's important for people to know that byte is the real name of the currency being traded right now, whereas Byteball is the name of the entire platform. As explained by @kaicrypzen in the speculation thread:
How many Bytes equal to one Byteball I'm so confused as to how to count this coin. And blackbytes? how do they work and are they the same currency as byteball? Thanks, guys!

There is no such thing as one Byteball ...
Byteball refers to the whole technologie/DAG/app/software. Byteball comes with two built-in assets/currencies, bytes and blackbytes. What you can find traded on exchanges is GBYTE which is GigaByte which is 1 000 000 000 byte.
Blackbyte is a private untraceable asset.

Thanks btw.

They renamed on my request because people keep calling the currency byteball.
To reiterate: Byteball is the platform, Byte (and derived names Gigabyte, Megabyte, etc) is the main currency.
That's a good move. I hope more exchanges do the same.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 08:39:03 PM

Byteball relies on Bitcoin cryptography. Only libsecp2561k the good old tried and tested. Enjoy!
The vulnerability found in IOTA was in their home grown HASH function.  Bitcoin uses standard HASH functions such as AES.  Secp256k1 is the elliptic curve used by Bitcoin not the hash function so your reference to it is incorrect in this context.  IOTA was stupid/naive enough to think they could invent their own hash function, a totally noob security mistake.  How many other major security mistakes have they made?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:12:34 PM

The vulnerability found in IOTA was in their home grown HASH function.  Bitcoin uses standard HASH functions such as AES.  Secp256k1 is the elliptic curve used by Bitcoin not the hash function so your reference to it is incorrect in this context.  IOTA was stupid/naive enough to think they could invent their own hash function, a totally noob security mistake.  How many other major security mistakes have they made?
No they actually used the hash function in a digital signature scheme which they also fucked up!

All of Iota is a mistake, from concept/idea to implementation and disgusting leadership.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:23:10 PM

This was addressed 1 month ago:
https://blog.iota.org/upgrades-updates-d12145e381eb

Another statement released today:
https://blog.iota.org/curl-disclosure-beyond-the-headline-1814048d08ef

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 09:44:02 PM

This was addressed 1 month ago:
https://blog.iota.org/upgrades-updates-d12145e381eb

Another statement released today:
https://blog.iota.org/curl-disclosure-beyond-the-headline-1814048d08ef

my god, another statement? All must be well and good with iota when peons are spoken to directly by self proclaimed clowns by issuing statements.

In all seriousness, nice damage control, a cryprocurrency with broken crypto which even a schoolboy could have done better.

This issue btw, was raised by me 6months ago to iota in february.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 09:48:18 PM

In all seriousness, nice damage control, a cryprocurrency with broken crypto which even a schoolboy could have done better.

In a Byteball thread or IOTA thread?   Smiley

Was just wondering why are we talking about IOTA in this thread?

SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:12:41 PM

Always good to remind people that Byteball is better, is epic, compared to the only other attempted DAGcoin.

Byteball, true DAG, the only blockchain-less cryptocurrency of 2017.

Byteball the only consensus algorithm with unlimited scaleability. Best crypto.
milik

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:07:59 PM

Always good to remind people that Byteball is better, is epic, compared to the only other attempted DAGcoin.

I feel comfortable knowing that we are protected, that byteball is built on a firm, seamless foundation. Tonich does a great job and soon will smile the price too
SatoNatomato

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:34:03 AM

I feel comfortable knowing that we are protected, that byteball is built on a firm, seamless foundation. Tonich does a great job and soon will smile the price too
Thats damn right.

Ive done analysis of both IOTA and Byteball back in January 2017, and I tried to tell iota people the mistakes they made, especially pointed out the Curl function, you can find it in the "iota unmoderated thread" - while Ive seen Byteball is solid.

The response from iota people is always same, ridicule and attempting to speak from bigger pedastool without saying anything of value.

FFS these researchers took the time, found flaws, reported and didnt weaponize or double-spend which they even had examples off... And they as reward "get well duh its only theoretical and we fix it why u fudd". Dishonorable.

Byteball is as solid as Bitcoin, even the encrypted chat messages - which is extra tricky to get right, is done perfecly well in Byteball.
hxtxlcb

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:08:14 AM

Great,i like the game。
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:22:30 AM

Thats damn right.

Ive done analysis of both IOTA and Byteball back in January 2017, and I tried to tell iota people the mistakes they made, especially pointed out the Curl function, you can find it in the "iota unmoderated thread" - while Ive seen Byteball is solid.

The response from iota people is always same, ridicule and attempting to speak from bigger pedastool without saying anything of value.

FFS these researchers took the time, found flaws, reported and didnt weaponize or double-spend which they even had examples off... And they as reward "get well duh its only theoretical and we fix it why u fudd". Dishonorable.

Byteball is as solid as Bitcoin, even the encrypted chat messages - which is extra tricky to get right, is done perfecly well in Byteball.

encrypted chat is not extra tricky to get right

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 02:32:37 AM

Yep sorry I was wrong  Embarrassed 2 days before the airdrop I did a transaction on electrum and it sent the remaining BTC's in my wallet to a new address not linked.

Ouch, sorry to hear it, but it happens a LOT.   This forces people to learn at Bitcoin and change addresses.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 06:22:04 AM

Byteball price after the airdrop is hovering around 0.071
People will buy in again?
Pages: « 1 ... 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 [676] 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: