Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:15:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 [731] 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233955 times)
triathleteoxford

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:37:50 AM

This project keeps getting better and better. This is a huge marketing/signal boost.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:55:46 AM

On which exchanges will tokens trade?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/byteball/#markets
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:03:21 AM

With the new release of the wallet which is the best way to make the backup of a full node wallet, so that we backup also the blackbytes? Just to do the full backup or to copy the whole directory?

Why wouldn't you do it the same way you've done it in the part?
Same process for all versions.

Full Backup

It makes a file you can use on any platform.

Now, I think you might be asking how to convert a full node to a light wallet in an attempt to retain your bytes/blackbytes in the process?

I'm just asking since I remember discussions in the past where it was suggested to backup the whole byteball directory so as to be sure to secure also the blackbytes. As for converting a full node to a light wallet I guess you could do that by just transferring you assets to a light wallet on another device, am I right? But in fact would then a full backup of a light wallet retain also the blackbytes?

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16552

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 10:25:39 AM

I'm just asking since I remember discussions in the past where it was suggested to backup the whole byteball directory so as to be sure to secure also the blackbytes.
But in fact would then a full backup of a light wallet retain also the blackbytes?
Both options work.
But, if you love your data, test your backups! Not only for Byteball, you should test all your backups once in a while.

As for converting a full node to a light wallet I guess you could do that by just transferring you assets to a light wallet on another device, am I right?
This is correct.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Michail1
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 02:20:36 PM

This project keeps getting better and better. This is a huge marketing/signal boost.
Idea is good . the team is very strong , i think that is good project worth to invest

The above are just new spam accounts.  Why are so many new bitcointalk accounts being created just spamming threads to get activity points?  Ahhh, to sell them later and/or collect on free airdrops.

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 02:20:52 PM

I'm just asking since I remember discussions in the past where it was suggested to backup the whole byteball directory so as to be sure to secure also the blackbytes. As for converting a full node to a light wallet I guess you could do that by just transferring you assets to a light wallet on another device, am I right? But in fact would then a full backup of a light wallet retain also the blackbytes?

Correct.   It's not really 'converting' simply sending your funds to another wallet.
My suggestion....
New Device (like a phone or another computer):
Make a wallet (lite).  Send your blackbytes to it.  Send your bytes to it.

Another step to convert:
Do the above as mentioned.  
Old Device (computer) :
-Delete/Move the data from the full wallet.  (This way you don't need to keep the full node data (10GB))
Start a new wallet as light.  
Do a recovery from seed.
- This will then retain all your addresses (useful if you have linked bitcoin for airdrops)
Move all your blackbytes to your wallet from the temporary device.  Once confirmed, then move your regular bytes.

Note:  You need bytes to send blackbytes (assets), so that is why I said to send the regular bytes last.
Backups backups backups.

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:51:10 PM

Idea is good . the team is very strong , i think that is good project worth to invest

The above are just new spam accounts.  Why are so many new bitcointalk accounts being created just spamming threads to get activity points?  Ahhh, to sell them later and/or collect on free airdrops.

At the risk of being indelicate, I rather think the primary motivation can be found right within your signature block. As further support for this notion, visit my signature block.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
rigel
Legendary

Activity: 1240
Merit: 1001

Thank God I'm an atheist

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:14:12 PM

At the risk of being indelicate, I rather think the primary motivation can be found right within your signature block. As further support for this notion, visit my signature block.

There's a new option in bitcointalk profile to hide all signatures.
When more people will take advantage of it this will be a better place.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 06:21:32 PM

Why are so many new bitcointalk accounts being created just spamming threads to get activity points?  Ahhh, to sell them later and/or collect on free airdrops.

If it wasn't for my displaying of sigs, I'd waste ages of time on BCT reading zero-value posts by sig farmers. When I get to skim mode, posts with sigs are automatically skipped over.

Michail1 is a rare exception to this rule.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:13:18 PM

Why are so many new bitcointalk accounts being created just spamming threads to get activity points?  Ahhh, to sell them later and/or collect on free airdrops.

If it wasn't for my displaying of sigs, I'd waste ages of time on BCT reading zero-value posts by sig farmers. When I get to skim mode, posts with sigs are automatically skipped over.

Sadly the whole forum is overrun by sig farmers, in the beginning it was fine but now you get the "thanks for coins, when polo, when lambo" useless comments. This is the evolution of ICO moneygrabs, more and more is spent by ICOs for marketing, most of them pay up to 50% for the sig campaign, I'm fine with this but the moderation of comments needs to be improved and for that you need a massive amount of staff members to read through all the posts and even then, there will be a lot of comments that are in the grey area...so I don't know how can you resolve this problem for good but the hide all sig feature is definitely good.. just never forget, ads always find a way to penetrate and rape your soul..

(I'm not affiliated with BB, getting no money for this sig, only using it because I believe in it)

ByteFan

Activity: 510
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:47:46 PM

[reminder]

Beware of change addresses in your BTC wallet AND in your byteball wallet for the next distribution round!

Byteball distribution companion helps you.

Is you address properly linked?
          Is your linked BTC balance what you expected?
          Are all your bytes on your byteball linked address?
          How much will you receive?

+Bookmark. Once distribution has started you can follow in near real time when bytes arrive in your wallet. Enjoy!

Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2017, 09:33:12 PM

They didn't use sig blocks.   Simply spamming a question/comment that can be used in any thead.  On the same page is:
Is there any Slack/Telegram group to talk with the dev easily???

If I was trying to spam threads, I would be all over the place, instead I limit myself to what I care about AND more specifically, I try to answer as many posts in a single response post.

Kindly deduct my credibility points.  I can afford to lose plenty.  Smiley

Thank you.

Thank you.

(I'm not affiliated with BB, getting no money for this sig, only using it because I believe in it)

Kudos to you.  Seriously.
Happy to see the value appears to have leveled off.  Yea for BB.

bobq

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 10:05:47 PM

Correct.   It's not really 'converting' simply sending your funds to another wallet.
My suggestion....
New Device (like a phone or another computer):
Make a wallet (lite).  Send your blackbytes to it.  Send your bytes to it.

Another step to convert:
Do the above as mentioned.  
Old Device (computer) :
-Delete/Move the data from the full wallet.  (This way you don't need to keep the full node data (10GB))
Start a new wallet as light.  
Do a recovery from seed.
- This will then retain all your addresses (useful if you have linked bitcoin for airdrops)
Move all your blackbytes to your wallet from the temporary device.  Once confirmed, then move your regular bytes.

Note:  You need bytes to send blackbytes (assets), so that is why I said to send the regular bytes last.
Backups backups backups.

One thing I don't understand: you often suggest people to just have a light wallet. But what would happen if EVERYBODY would have only light wallets? Wouldn't i be a problem if nobody (or very few) would have the history of the transactions of the coin?

Another point: I can't get android apps with multisig wallets to work properly on BOTH my mobile devices, regardless of how many times I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Especially the blackbytes have big difficulties to synchronize and at some point they would just not any more. I can live without that, but this is a problem that has to be address and to be solved, looking forward for a mass adoption of Byteball, which I am hoping for. People would not adopt Byteball if they believe the mobile version is not reliable.

pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:11:43 PM

One thing I don't understand: you often suggest people to just have a light wallet. But what would happen if EVERYBODY would have only light wallets? Wouldn't i be a problem if nobody (or very few) would have the history of the transactions of the coin?

Full wallet does not help the network like with bitcoin clients, here you need headless / hubs / witnesses, those are the real full wallets. So basically everyone should use light wallets unless you're developing. (as far as I understood it from slack)

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:13:18 PM

Full wallet does not help the network like with bitcoin clients, here you need headless / hubs / witnesses, those are the real full wallets. So basically everyone should use light wallets unless you're developing. (as far as I understood it from slack)

i'm very glad i went light wallet from minute one reading about the problems people have had with full wallets. i didn't know full wallets didn't give a helping hand to the network. is that clearly laid out for people?
bobq

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:59:02 PM

i'm very glad i went light wallet from minute one reading about the problems people have had with full wallets. i didn't know full wallets didn't give a helping hand to the network. is that clearly laid out for people?

OK, I think I've got it. But I remember to have read in the past that backups from a full node wallet are safer as it regards the blackbytes, which, if the backup is not done properly, may get lost. Is there anything true there? Is it easier to lose blackbytes backing light wallets vs full node wallets?

coloredcoin

Activity: 199
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 02:47:57 AM

Hold 1G BYTE will get 0.1G,really nice,10% profit.
Michail1
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 06:14:00 AM

OK, I think I've got it. But I remember to have read in the past that backups from a full node wallet are safer as it regards the blackbytes, which, if the backup is not done properly, may get lost. Is there anything true there? Is it easier to lose blackbytes backing light wallets vs full node wallets?

I don't know of any problems with full wallet that they don't have with a light wallet other than syncing.
The syncing issue is that someone would run the wallet once a month and then complain that it takes so long to catch up a months worth of data.  The same complaint those people have with Bitcoin Core wallets running a full node.  Other than syncing (time), I've never had an issue with a full wallet and used mine many times to recover people's funds for them.  (This has since been resolved in that you can recover a wallet from seed to a light wallet.)

Backups are the same in full as they are in light.  You get the same funds.  It's no safer to use light or full.   Backups backups backups.   Not sure what you mean by being done properly.  There is no secret, just click backup.

The main way I see people losing blackbytes is doing a recovery from seed.  This will wipe out blackbytes which the user is warned about when they make the backup.
A way to lose partial blackbytes is to recover from an earlier full backup.  I have recovered partial/most blackbytes for people from this type of error many times.  (typically time consuming)
- That problem typically occurs around a distribution/airdrop when all the complaints come in about how people haven't received their free money and I offer to help.

Another point: I can't get android apps with multisig wallets to work properly on BOTH my mobile devices, regardless of how many times I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Especially the blackbytes have big difficulties to synchronize and at some point they would just not any more. I can live without that, but this is a problem that has to be address and to be solved, looking forward for a mass adoption of Byteball, which I am hoping for. People would not adopt Byteball if they believe the mobile version is not reliable.

I would love to answer that, but I haven't played with multisig wallets enough.
Keep in mind that the same source code is for android as it is for windows and linux.
I did want to note that the first part is in reference to blackbytes, but then comments on byteball not being reliable.  Remember, Byteball and Blackbytes are two diff things.  Byteball being the platform and blackbytes being a private asset on the platform.

CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:17:51 AM

We finally made it on cointelegraph:
https://twitter.com/cryptkeeperbtt/status/925980823043616768

Please retweet!  Cheesy

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
MaoChao
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1133

Get Some!

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:18:21 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/future-of-digital-currency-may-not-involve-blockchains

Pages: « 1 ... 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 [731] 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: