Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:16:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 [872] 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 ... 1126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Obyte: Totally new consensus algorithm + private untraceable payments  (Read 1233987 times)
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:27:21 PM

It's even worse for the following reasons:

1) Another change of plans! First there will probably airdrop, next it gets cancelled, now it goes to some people but not others.... What will be next? Uncertainty! It would be better to just stick to a "bad" plan... than not having any plan and just keep changing everything all the time for no apparent reason.

I agree, we need certainty!

Tony has shown he is vulnerable to "pester power", he cancelled the airdrop, than after some complaints reintroduced a drop to some people but not others. Does this give incentive to those who missed out to pester Tony more until he gives in to their demands for a drop also ... you bet it does!! We need to end this asap

Certainty is what we need

A Roadmap to complete distribution quickly

Who gets the 40% is up to Tony, but WE need to know asap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:41:39 PM

Just as a point of order, for the folks who keep saying the most recent airdrop was never guaranteed, here's what the op said about a year ago:

98% of all bytes and blackbytes (the private untraceable currency) will be distributed among bitcoin holders who link their bitcoin and byteball addresses before any of the distribution rounds.  No investment required, you keep your bitcoins, plus receive the bytes and blackbytes.  See below how to receive the coins.

98%. Not 60% and then a variety of kludges to supposedly get the remaining 40% out to people willing to jump through hoops for a few scraps. The original distribution proposal was quite clear and specific - 98% to bitcoin and byteball holders.

After rewards to Bitcoin holders were reduced this original plan was still in tact. Even after greatly reducing frequency of airdrops and adding in other methods it was mostly intact, since no one uses cashback and people that only have Latin characters on their passport didn't seem very excited to waste time to get a few dollars of centralized shitcoin, and you can only do so many 5MB text coin giveaways per day. Now the plan is completely abandoned. I think you can see how people view this as a betrayal or broken guarantee or promise.

It's kind of funny there is so much indecision and uncertainty now around the distribution. tonych is in fact the dictator of byteball - he is in charge of development, is in complete control of the network, and is the central bank holding 50% of all bytes. An indecisive dictator. He's worse than my wife trying to figure out where to go out to dinner. And everyone knows the adage about markets and uncertainty.

Absolutely agreed with all above. Really...
Dev, you didn't know you gonna cancel the march distribution until now? I imagine you were thinking this over and over again countless nights and finally made this hard decision, right? 10 days before fucking "tentative airdrop". Why not the last day, huh? WTF man?

And you shills posting from newbie accounts STFU!  Angry
Damn, I'm so pissed off now

I made a pissed off reply to this but decided to delete it. If you are the kind of contributor we should care about then that proves more than anything that cancelling the airdrops was the right decision.

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:46:42 PM

you are all angry and i am thinking about launching a hub. are there any instructions to do that on a raspberry pi now? or is it still  not possible?
CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:10:25 PM

Just as a point of order, for the folks who keep saying the most recent airdrop was never guaranteed, here's what the op said about a year ago:

98% of all bytes and blackbytes (the private untraceable currency) will be distributed among bitcoin holders who link their bitcoin and byteball addresses before any of the distribution rounds.  No investment required, you keep your bitcoins, plus receive the bytes and blackbytes.  See below how to receive the coins.

98%. Not 60% and then a variety of kludges to supposedly get the remaining 40% out to people willing to jump through hoops for a few scraps. The original distribution proposal was quite clear and specific - 98% to bitcoin and byteball holders.

After rewards to Bitcoin holders were reduced this original plan was still in tact. Even after greatly reducing frequency of airdrops and adding in other methods it was mostly intact, since no one uses cashback and people that only have Latin characters on their passport didn't seem very excited to waste time to get a few dollars of centralized shitcoin, and you can only do so many 5MB text coin giveaways per day. Now the plan is completely abandoned. I think you can see how people view this as a betrayal or broken guarantee or promise.

It's kind of funny there is so much indecision and uncertainty now around the distribution. tonych is in fact the dictator of byteball - he is in charge of development, is in complete control of the network, and is the central bank holding 50% of all bytes. An indecisive dictator. He's worse than my wife trying to figure out where to go out to dinner. And everyone knows the adage about markets and uncertainty.

Dev, you didn't know you gonna cancel the march distribution until now? I imagine you were thinking this over and over again countless nights and finally made this hard decision, right? 10 days before fucking "tentative airdrop". Why not the last day, huh? WTF man?

And you shills posting from newbie accounts STFU!  Angry

I made a pissed off reply to this but decided to delete it. If you are the kind of contributor we should care about then that proves more than anything that cancelling the airdrops was the right decision.

Who the fuck are "we"? Who are these "we" that should care or not about me, huh?
Cancelling the fucking airdrop 10 days before the date "tentatively" planned yet in November obviously was a fucking dumb decision.

All you whiners, I don't recognize anyone of you having done anything positive for Byteball. Instead of wasting my time trying to get Legendary on some forum I have been actively contributing to Byteball. Call me shill all you want, I actually care about this project and I'm not in it to earn some free welfare fiat that I don't need anyway. I sincerely hope all of you whiners just dump your GB and get the hell out of here.

If you claim you've done a lot actively contributing to Byteball you need to show something like github or whatever.
I really doubt you have anything to show.
Don't need welfare? Don't need fiat? That's why a half of your posts about getting free $20 Bullshit LOL
I fucking need welfare, and I hate losing money.
Was it difficult to post about canceling the airdrop at least before the crypto shit show began?
All this stinks, fucking sick manipulative speculative crypto environment. Telling noobs about bright future, then spreading fud, rinse repeat while reaching into their pockets.
Dump my GB? Sure thing, as soon as I will get 10x out of this  Cool

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:17:44 PM

Everybody is whining about canceled airdrop, although it was pretty clear 2 month ago that it is not going to happen, instead of discussing a technology, how stupid is this! Meanwhile, the results of recent stress tests are rather disappointing. The DAG is perhaps a nice technology, but byteball implementation is only marginally faster than bitcoin or ethereum, which is still too slow to be practical, and it is centralized. Sort of worst of two worlds...

Okay does Tony have a plan to improve it? Nobody knows because there's no roadmap.
Random-String-Symphony

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:21:01 PM

And you shills posting from newbie accounts STFU!  Angry

Who the fuck are "we"? Who are these "we" that should care or not about me, huh?
Cancelling the fucking airdrop 10 days before the date "tentatively" planned yet in November obviously was a fucking dumb decision.

We, are the people who care about the project and not about free money. I'll use I instead from now on, maybe it's just me. If you had any reading comprehension you would have understood from the announcement in November that the airdrop was 95% sure not going to happen.

All you whiners, I don't recognize anyone of you having done anything positive for Byteball. Instead of wasting my time trying to get Legendary on some forum I have been actively contributing to Byteball. Call me shill all you want, I actually care about this project and I'm not in it to earn some free welfare fiat that I don't need anyway. I sincerely hope all of you whiners just dump your GB and get the hell out of here.

If you claim you've done a lot actively contributing to Byteball you need to show something like github or whatever.
I really doubt you have anything to show.
Don't need welfare? Don't need fiat? That's why a half of your posts about getting free $20 Bullshit LOL
I fucking need welfare, and I hate losing money.
Was it difficult to post about canceling the airdrop at least before the crypto shit show began?
All this stinks, fucking sick manipulative speculative crypto environment. Telling noobs about bright future, then spreading fud, rinse repeat while reaching into their pockets.
Dump my GB? Sure thing, as soon as I will get 10x out of this  Cool

I deleted that post within 2 minutes of posting it because I realised it is useless to argue with a moron like you. So I have no intention of doing that. My other reply stands.

byteball3r

Activity: 89
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:34:06 PM

Random-String-Symphony we aren't asking for free money. Lots of people paid money for bytes. It was implied that bytes holders would end up with a bigger share of the total amount versus Tony giving 35% away at his whims. Many of us believe that supporting the currency by treating its holders well is the best way to increase usage. Nano had free xrb for anyone for years with faucets but the vast majority of its use came after the endless inflation stopped and the remaining coins were burned. We have a right to be upset and you have no moral high ground by "not caring" about the price.
Random-String-Symphony

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:47:16 PM

Random-String-Symphony we aren't asking for free money. Lots of people paid money for bytes. It was implied that bytes holders would end up with a bigger share of the total amount versus Tony giving 35% away at his whims. Many of us believe that supporting the currency by treating its holders well is the best way to increase usage. Nano had free xrb for anyone for years with faucets but the vast majority of its use came after the endless inflation stopped and the remaining coins were burned. We have a right to be upset and you have no moral high ground by "not caring" about the price.

There is a difference between being upset and burning something to the ground. I'm all for a civilised discussion about both sides of the story. My side (as in the explanation I accept) is pretty clear, but let's summarise it nevertheless:

Intention of airdrop program: get as many users as possible. This worked for a while but showed diminishing returns. Tony tries to come up with better methods. So far he has come up with: cashback, textcoin mass mailings, giveaways through promotions, verification & referral rewards. In November he already explained that these methods were in the works but he didn't know when exactly they would be finished so instead of just cancelling the airdrop method outright he put up one more on the calendar with the fair warning that he could delete/cancel it at any time if he liked the results of the new methods. He did, so he cancelled it. Now we still have a fair distribution, only the methods changed. The Bytes now go to newcomers and actual users instead of Bytes/BTC holders. I don't see any problem with this. He warned everyone long ago and he has very good reasons for changing the method. So in my book, this is good for the project. What's good for the project is good for my investment. I'm happy.

So what's your side?

CosaNostra

Activity: 843
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:49:04 PM

That's exactly what I meant. I invested tons of money into this, so I believe I have a right to be pissed off at the dev who changes his mind just like that right before the planned date.
Good tech they say, but bad management. Just like steem, but worse.

I deleted that post within 2 minutes of posting it because I realised it is useless to argue with a moron like you. So I have no intention of doing that. My other reply stands.

Cool, now you are allowed to go and fuck yourself

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Malek17

Activity: 166
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:33:23 PM

It's quite funny to see how shortsighted many of you are. Tony's vision is quite clear and he is very very ambitious. That's why I love this project so much. Who cares about the price in $ or BTC of GBYTE at this stage anyway, it's barely year 2 of the project. Distribution is nowhere near finished, decentralization still has to happen and new features are being churned out like clockwork. Anyone who zooms out a little can see that this is the most impressive crypto project of them all, especially considering it's mostly being built by a single genius coder who luckily doesn't give a damn about speculators or so called investors. For those of you still blinded by greed I'll spell it out for you:

1. Designed from the ground up as a better version of Bitcoin in every possible way, yes even security wise. In theory ofcourse, he's busy building all this.
2. Understanding that you should focus on user adoption and user experience instead of speculation/exchanges.
3. Currently roughly ~15tps max but no time wasted on speed optimization yet because the network is nowhere near capacity yet, so waste of time, better work on new features. We know it can scale.
4. Understand that this is meant to be used in the real world instead of "HODLed till moon". So some kind of trust is not bad, extremism is bad. You can still be swindled with your 100% trustless currency, because the physical world does actually exist. So why not integrate with it! Witnesses are a brilliant solution to bond the real and virtual worlds.
5. Marketing, whatfor!? The basics aren't even finished yet, why start screaming already? Marketing to get active contributors involved, yes! Please let's do that. But hardly anyone does anything but whine instead of helping Tony achieve his mission.

So once all of this is done, a few years from now probably, Byteball will turn into:
The most feature rich, extremely fast (at least x100 from now) crypto platform you can imagine with insanely low fees that has millions of actual users.
12 high profile real world witnesses, like Jumio, Bittrex, Amazon, Tesla, Wikileaks, UNICEF, etc. providing decentralization and security.
Many useful chat bots and integration in many web front ends / web applications as a backend system.

That's what I believe in and why I have bought some (a lot) GB on top of what I got for free. If you don't believe in it then please just dump your GB and move to some other project.
All of you that learned about this project before November had a chance to own a part of this for FREE, noone asked you to invest in it.

Now that the groundwork is almost finished and actual ICOs can be run on Byteball it's beginning to make sense to buy some Bytes to actually use it, so why give everything away for free to the people who already got so many. It just doesn't make sense. So from this whole vision it's super obvious that the airdrops must stop, they will destroy the vision when continued.

So, who wants to contribute instead of whine?

What vision are you talking about?if it was a good vision this shit wouldn’t happen even shit coins invented yesterday by nobody have some sort of a road map if he has clear vision with a road map and follow exactly the road map people expect what they will get and what they will not, eventhough he said few months ago that the March airdrop could be cancelled or postponed but that’s not the way it should be done you either confirm or cancel the airdrop not maybe or maybe not because simply it’s not fair for people who lately bought into byteball,personally I am not happy not because the airdrop was cancelled I am not happy because I think the distribution should have already finished and byteball has moved to the next step to make a decentralised coins regardless of the distribution method,i am not happy for the lack of communication from the Dev I am not happy because the Dev doesn’t seem to give a damn about adding byteball to new exchanges they have plenty of money in the community fund but i am not sure yet what they doing with the money there in fact I don’t think it’s a community fund because it controlled by the Dev to be eligible for the name community fund it has to be controlled by the community and just to mention some coins come to life just few weeks ago have already added to some major exchanges without any problem but the way I see it byteball team doesn’t really care about adding the coin to new exchanges.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:04:58 PM
Merited by bitserve (1)

i'm not bothered about the lack of airdrop but i am bothered by the lack of clarity. make plans and go through with them or don't mention them at all.

the 'new' distribution methods are failures. the previous one, especially the bitcoin holder part was pretty dumb too.

right now this project needs to have the developer's grip loosened and let it go out into the world and see what happens. that means distribution and rapidly.
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:19:30 PM

i'm not bothered about the lack of airdrop but i am bothered by the lack of clarity. make plans and go through with them or don't mention them at all.

the 'new' distribution methods are failures. the previous one, especially the bitcoin holder part was pretty dumb too.

right now this project needs to have the developer's grip loosened and let it go out into the world and see what happens. that means distribution and rapidly.

Yes Yes Yes!!

Finish the distribution, and release the hounds!!
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:00:32 PM

It's quite funny to see how shortsighted many of you are. Tony's vision is quite clear and he is very very ambitious. That's why I love this project so much. Who cares about the price in $ or BTC of GBYTE at this stage anyway, it's barely year 2 of the project. Distribution is nowhere near finished, decentralization still has to happen and new features are being churned out like clockwork. Anyone who zooms out a little can see that this is the most impressive crypto project of them all, especially considering it's mostly being built by a single genius coder who luckily doesn't give a damn about speculators or so called investors. For those of you still blinded by greed I'll spell it out for you:

1. Designed from the ground up as a better version of Bitcoin in every possible way, yes even security wise. In theory ofcourse, he's busy building all this.
2. Understanding that you should focus on user adoption and user experience instead of speculation/exchanges.
3. Currently roughly ~15tps max but no time wasted on speed optimization yet because the network is nowhere near capacity yet, so waste of time, better work on new features. We know it can scale.
4. Understand that this is meant to be used in the real world instead of "HODLed till moon". So some kind of trust is not bad, extremism is bad. You can still be swindled with your 100% trustless currency, because the physical world does actually exist. So why not integrate with it! Witnesses are a brilliant solution to bond the real and virtual worlds.
5. Marketing, whatfor!? The basics aren't even finished yet, why start screaming already? Marketing to get active contributors involved, yes! Please let's do that. But hardly anyone does anything but whine instead of helping Tony achieve his mission.

So once all of this is done, a few years from now probably, Byteball will turn into:
The most feature rich, extremely fast (at least x100 from now) crypto platform you can imagine with insanely low fees that has millions of actual users.
12 high profile real world witnesses, like Jumio, Bittrex, Amazon, Tesla, Wikileaks, UNICEF, etc. providing decentralization and security.
Many useful chat bots and integration in many web front ends / web applications as a backend system.

That's what I believe in and why I have bought some (a lot) GB on top of what I got for free. If you don't believe in it then please just dump your GB and move to some other project.
All of you that learned about this project before November had a chance to own a part of this for FREE, noone asked you to invest in it.

Now that the groundwork is almost finished and actual ICOs can be run on Byteball it's beginning to make sense to buy some Bytes to actually use it, so why give everything away for free to the people who already got so many. It just doesn't make sense. So from this whole vision it's super obvious that the airdrops must stop, they will destroy the vision when continued.

What vision are you talking about?if it was a good vision this shit wouldn’t happen even shit coins invented yesterday by nobody have some sort of a road map if he has clear vision with a road map and follow exactly the road map people expect what they will get and what they will not, eventhough he said few months ago that the March airdrop could be cancelled or postponed but that’s not the way it should be done you either confirm or cancel the airdrop not maybe or maybe not because simply it’s not fair for people who lately bought into byteball,personally I am not happy not because the airdrop was cancelled I am not happy because I think the distribution should have already finished and byteball has moved to the next step to make a decentralised coins regardless of the distribution method,i am not happy for the lack of communication from the Dev I am not happy because the Dev doesn’t seem to give a damn about adding byteball to new exchanges they have plenty of money in the community fund but i am not sure yet what they doing with the money there in fact I don’t think it’s a community fund because it controlled by the Dev to be eligible for the name community fund it has to be controlled by the community and just to mention some coins come to life just few weeks ago have already added to some major exchanges without any problem but the way I see it byteball team doesn’t really care about adding the coin to new exchanges.

bro you have heard of a full stop?
meterse
Copper Member

Activity: 226
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:09:17 PM

Remember unspent funds are one of the key assets Byteball has over the vast majority of other crypto projects. Further you are incorrect in saying the new distribution methods are failures. Most have only been tested on a small scale, and have successfully got new users which is the aim.

Other methods are being explored, but Tony rightly isnt going to rapidly burn through this valuable asset, unless its a roaring success. User aquisition is a major problem for all cryptos, and Byteball has a huge advantage with its unspent funds to aid the process
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:29:32 PM

Remember unspent funds are one of the key assets Byteball has over the vast majority of other crypto projects. Further you are incorrect in saying the new distribution methods are failures. Most have only been tested on a small scale, and have successfully got new users which is the aim.

nope. they're a liability.

developer funds have been ringfenced already. this huge percentage is floating around looking for a home. distribution by any means would indeed be foolish. noodling around with it still piled up is as well.

there are other plans such as a set amount for the first however many millions of wallet openers. that makes sense. this cashback stuff and failed id verification handouts are not realistic or pragmatic.
Malek17

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:09:59 PM

bro you have heard of a full stop?
never mind the full stop......
Malek17

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:10:58 PM

Other methods are being explored, but Tony rightly isnt going to rapidly burn through this valuable asset, unless its a roaring success. User aquisition is a major problem for all cryptos, and Byteball has a huge advantage with its unspent funds to aid the process
new distribution methods are and will be a total failure full stop
Big Naturals

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:51:16 PM

Look around you, unspent funds from changing plans only serve to create uncertainty, and turn previous supporters of the project into disgruntled ex-investors.

Tony has created a great project, but it's time to let it sink or swim. Crypto isn't a fringe hobby for tech nerds anymore, it's going mainstream, and the best evangelists now are rusted on early adopters with big bags of BB ready to fund other activities. The present 'crisis' means some of these BB evangelists are strapping on parachutes ready to jump, and that's a far bigger loss than any possible benefit of distributing smaller amounts to new users.

imo the best outcome from here is

- re-instate March drop
- continue moon drops but at a reduced rate
- use 10% of remaining undistributed BB for the newer distro methods
- set goal of completing 100% of distribution within 6 months

Above would allow Tony to delegate growing BB adoption more to community, letting him concentrate on dev work, which is obviously his strong suite, thus creating a much more decentralised project than we currently have, and complete certainty for people when considering to buy/sell BB.

We could have this resolved in 24 hours, and Tony would be free to concentrate on BB dev work, and nobody would bust his balls over community consultation & communication ever again!

bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:03:06 AM

This post is so good and visionary that I was compelled to give it one of my few sMerits. Smiley
While it is understandable that from the moment that cryptocurrencies have acquired a spendable monetary value (fur sure it was not like that in the early days of Bitcoin) people have got used to worry that the "value which they own" would not evaporate, this speculation-bound aspect of cryptos, which has a strong delusional component, has overall taken the scene obliterating most of the real world aspects of this game.
In fact I would invite everyone to consider how most of the cryptocurrencies out there are now mainly sailing pushed just by the wind of some sort of marketing hype. Structural and strategic decisions for the coins are now often taken just for reason of marketing, which is a way to say that the narrative has taken over the substance in cryptos. Just observe the proliferation of copy/paste masternode coins, which are even created from the very beginning only for reasons of marketing.
Byteball on the other side IS sticking to the program, which is NOT a marketing program, but a pure developement one. And the efforts to enlarge the adoption base - no matter if by the way of the original airdrop or through new methods - are strictly connected with the original plan. The original plan was, and still is, beyond the technical development, which has never stopped nor slowed down, to grow as much as possible the quantity of "nodes" of the network (the adopters of the coin) because THIS and only THIS has the property of growing the value of the coin in a SUSTAINABLE way, for the reasons expressed in Metcalfe's laws, as opposed as rising them just with for reasons of hype and ephemeral marketing magic.
As for contributing, I'm working on a project which I hope at some point could become helpful for Byteball, but for now it's still in a too early stage.

bottacoin

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 01:09:08 AM

https://binaryballs.com/common/img/well-played.jpg

*** congratulations binaryballs players !!! ***

https://binaryballs.com/common/img/last24hstats-2018-02-23.jpeg

On the last 24h, binaryballs players predictions have been really good : every 1 MByte played on binaryballs.com brought back an average 125% return rate

https://byteball.fr/bandeau.png

Pages: « 1 ... 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 [872] 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 ... 1126 »
  Print  

Jump to: