Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [1200 TH] EMC: 0 Fee DGM. Anonymous PPS. US & EU servers. No Registration!  (Read 499428 times)
italeffect

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 06:51:32 PM

Hi are block solved emails not working? I haven't received one in about 48 hours. Miner failed emails have come through fine though.

Thanks!

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 06:55:04 PM

Anyone else having problems?  I have been having an issue personally with the block solve emails (and SMS), but I thought it was just me.  Looking at the logs, it looks like everything is working.  If you want to PM me your email address I can take a look. 

I keep meaning to address the issue for myself, but since it's me, I have been prioritizing other issues (sure wish Shads would login and answer my PM!) - but if it's affecting other people, I will prioritize that higher.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 08:20:17 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2011, 10:26:29 PM by Inaba

I have made some security changes to both the getwork servers and the webservers.  This should not affect users, but if you notice any strange behavior, please let me know immediately.  

Aside from the changes I've been making to some of the graphs and fixing small bugs, I have been working on getting PoolserverJ integrated into our system.  It's proving to be exceptionally difficult, primarily because there are not enough places to hook into the pluggable engine of PoolserverJ to accomodate DGM.  I have sent a PM to Shads, but have yet to hear back from him.  I would really like to avoid modifying the PSJ source directly, but it seems like that may be the direction I am headed if I end up going with PSJ.    It's either that or rewrite the whole DGM codebase completely (along with a number of other parts of the site) - this isn't off the table, but it's something I would like to avoid if possible.

*EDIT*

Also - I want to be sure that everyone is fully aware of the fact that you should NEVER use your pool password on the forums (or anywhere else for that matter).  Your pool password should be unique and not used anywhere else, even on the EclipseMC forums.  Ideally, you would have a different username on the forums than you would on the pool as well, though that is not so important.

If your pool password is the same as your forum password, please go change your pool password immediately.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 04:38:08 AM

Hello,
  Been at the pool for about 3 days...  working well Smiley

I have a couple of issues, tried to get into the forums, but did not receive email so I cant post.  will list issues here.

bugs:
1.  according to https://eclipsemc.com/my_found_blocks.php  i have solved 2 blocks, but only 'solved 1' is listed on my account page.
2.  BTC Payout History has namecoins and bitcoins mixed in the same table, and same column.  i think it was ment to be same table, but not column
3.  the 'block stats' page has a block #222 - #223 as a 00:15:59 minute block, but it appears the actual time is about 32 minutes.
4.  the my_found_blocks.php page has the solved timestamp in a different timezone then the block stats page.  Can we make them both the same?
5.  the block stats page:  I believe some of the long blocks have the wrong percent amount for luck.  a 3020768 share block has red-7% but a 1953012 share block has red-18%
6.  email notification working? (might be the same reason I did not get forum email?)

requests:  (i know we dont have alot of time for enhancements, but asking anyway)
1.  on the account page, is it possible to turn off the tool tips?
2.  add block finder to the block stats page?
3.  add power in watts to the worker page?

Thanks for a great pool. 
Jim

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 05:05:39 AM

Hello,
  Been at the pool for about 3 days...  working well Smiley

I have a couple of issues, tried to get into the forums, but did not receive email so I cant post.  will list issues here.

bugs:
1.  according to https://eclipsemc.com/my_found_blocks.php  i have solved 2 blocks, but only 'solved 1' is listed on my account page.

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the pool! 

Can you PM me your user name so that I can look into what's going on with that?

2.  BTC Payout History has namecoins and bitcoins mixed in the same table, and same column.  i think it was ment to be same table, but not column

I will get this fixed tomorrow.

3.  the 'block stats' page has a block #222 - #223 as a 00:15:59 minute block, but it appears the actual time is about 32 minutes.

Good catch.  I've corrected the bug going forward.  I need to run a test on fixing the bug with the current block list.  I will do that tomorrow when I have more time.

4.  the my_found_blocks.php page has the solved timestamp in a different timezone then the block stats page.  Can we make them both the same?

Sure, I will try to get that done tomorrow as well.

5.  the block stats page:  I believe some of the long blocks have the wrong percent amount for luck.  a 3020768 share block has red-7% but a 1953012 share block has red-18%

No, that is correct.  It is a percentile.  The 3 million at 7% means that 7% of the blocks will be more than 3020768 shares, whereas for the 1953012 share block, 18% of blocks will have more shares.  A few pages back there was a discussion on how to handle the luck display... I'm open to suggestions, but you might want to read those few posts where we discussed it.

6.  email notification working? (might be the same reason I did not get forum email?)

Some people (myself included) seem to be having problems with block solve notifications (but strangely failed miner/payout/etc... notifications are working) - I will be addressing this issue tomorrow.  The one caveat to this is if you are using a Yahoo address.  Yahoo is such a clusterfuck that it's impossible to get them to fix problems - their mail server is horrible, their technical department is horrible... there is nothing good about Yahoo.  As such, emails to yahoo are typically delayed, usually forever... I'm working with them to get it fixed, but they are almost impossible to deal with.

requests:  (i know we dont have alot of time for enhancements, but asking anyway)
1.  on the account page, is it possible to turn off the tool tips?

I will definitely see what I can do about turning tool-tips off.  It isn't that hard to code, but kind of tedious. Smiley

Can you elaborate on item 2?

Item 3 - you already can enter power in watts on the Manage Workers page (from the My Workers page, button is in the upper right).  Or do you mean something else?

Thanks for a great pool. 
Jim

[/quote]

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 05:07:01 AM

I opened another instance of the getwork server on port 9009.  If some of you want to switch over to that port, that would be great.  We aren't having any problems at the moment, but I would like to head off any potential problems before they become an issue. 

So instead of connecting to port 8337, just use port 9009 and maybe set port 8337 as a backup.

Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 06:14:14 AM

Aside from the changes I've been making to some of the graphs and fixing small bugs, I have been working on getting PoolserverJ integrated into our system.  It's proving to be exceptionally difficult, primarily because there are not enough places to hook into the pluggable engine of PoolserverJ to accomodate DGM.  I have sent a PM to Shads, but have yet to hear back from him.  I would really like to avoid modifying the PSJ source directly, but it seems like that may be the direction I am headed if I end up going with PSJ.    It's either that or rewrite the whole DGM codebase completely (along with a number of other parts of the site) - this isn't off the table, but it's something I would like to avoid if possible.
I wonder if it will be easier to do some approximation of DGM with PSJ. I haven't figured out the details but shift-DGM should work, and might be possible depending on what you have to work with.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 06:18:38 AM

Joined (back after hiatus). Glad to see merged mining. Question: The website states that you charge only a fee for conversion of BTC to PayPal, implying that you do not charge for conversion of NMC to BTC, but the latter is not stated outright, and I wanted to double check. Do you, or do you use an exchange that does, charge a fee for that conversion?

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 09:08:25 AM

I tried the cash out button but it doesn't seem to be functional. Is that not ready / on purpose or a bug? It takes me to an explanation page but the cash out button there does not work.

cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 09:26:21 AM

Seems like autopayout for BTC is not working. My payout lock is active?!? I don't recall making a manual payout or activating any payout lock..

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 10:31:17 AM

No, that is correct.  It is a percentile.  The 3 million at 7% means that 7% of the blocks will be more than 3020768 shares, whereas for the 1953012 share block, 18% of blocks will have more shares.  A few pages back there was a discussion on how to handle the luck display... I'm open to suggestions, but you might want to read those few posts where we discussed it.

I will definitely see what I can do about turning tool-tips off.  It isn't that hard to code, but kind of tedious. Smiley

Can you elaborate on item 2?

Item 3 - you already can enter power in watts on the Manage Workers page (from the My Workers page, button is in the upper right).  Or do you mean something else?

Thanks for looking into this stuff.  my username is the same as here.  jjiimm_64

I will have to read up on the 'luck' post before commenting on percents...

2 & 3.  Sorry for not being clear.
2.  can we add the user that found the block on the block stats page, I have to go back and forth from the my_found_blocks page to the stats page comparing which blocks I found. Which is what made me notice the different time zones on the timestamp.
3.  Yes I added the power in watts to each of my 14 workers, and that makes the Profitability column work, but it would be nice to see a little more info about Profitability.  One thing I thought of is to see the Total watts used in the Totals, so adding a small column of watts and totalling it would be nice.

thxs again.

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 05:17:40 PM

So it looks like we have slight security issue on our hands.

In the interests of full disclosure, two people have notified me that their accounts have been drained, and looking at the audit logs, there is at least two more that this has happened to, but they have not contacted me. 

The breech occurred because of a brute force attack against the forum user database and possibly through other breached databases unrelated to EMC.  The breached accounts appear to have either used insecure passwords AND the passwords used on the forums were the same password used on the pool or used the same passwords from other sites that have been breached.

I want to be very clear on the fact that the pools security has not been compromised.  Your pool accounts appear to be secure, so long as you are using a unique, secure password for your pool account.  If you are using the same password for other sites, including the EMC forums, you should change your pool password immediately. 

The logs don't seem to indicate an exhaustive brute force attack against the forum accounts, which leads me to believe that the account names and/or passwords were obtained elsewhere and likely candidates were tried through both the forums and the pool to find easily accessible accounts.

While we do have a payout lock, in at least on instance, the wallet address was changed and the attacker logged in almost exactly 24 hours later and withdrew the funds.  EMC does everything it can to protect your account, but there are some things EMC can not protect against without making your account unusable.  I suggest that everyone activate payout lock and turn on Email and/or SMS notification for account changes and keep up with your email so that you will be alerted to any potential security threats with enough time to handle the problem. 

Your password should consist of a minimum of 10 characters.  Ideally it is a passphrase consisting of at least 4 words - the more uncommon the words the better.   Of course, using a program like KeePass or LastPass with a randomly generated high-entropy password is also a good solution, as well.  Your password should be unique and not used anywhere else. 

italeffect

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 05:21:45 PM

Thanks Inaba for the update.

2 things:
1. Block solved email started this morning again for me with block #158481 & #158491. Thank you for working on this.

2. Is the website down? I cannot access it this morning. Although I have a secure and unique password for the site I wanted to change it in response to your post above.

Thanks

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
omo

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 05:31:12 PM

Round Duration 15329d 17:30:02
sth wrong?

BTC:1Fu4TNpVPToxxhSXBNSvE9fz6X3dbYgB8q
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 05:37:36 PM

Site is up, there doesn't appear to be any problems; People are accessing the site.

Block stats should be fixed.  Looks like the change I made last night caused a bit of a hiccup.  Still working on it today.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 08:38:40 PM

Site is up, there doesn't appear to be any problems; People are accessing the site.

Block stats should be fixed.  Looks like the change I made last night caused a bit of a hiccup.  Still working on it today.

the 'my shares' link on the number of shares on the block stat pages are going to a dead page, this was working yesterday.

edit:  found some emails in my spam folder.  the dead workers and the forum email..  but not the block found

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 08:43:22 PM

I see you added a total power used spot..  nice.

Total Power Consumption
14650 W consumed at an average cost of 0.1 per KW/h or ฿8.95 ($35.16) per day.

Also the block solver.  that helps a lot.  and now I don't have to type in the my_found_blocks page Wink

thank you sir.

Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 08:55:08 PM

Yep, just finished adding all your requests/bug fixes with the exception the tool tips.  That's going to take a little more time.  Everything else should be set, though.

The my_shares link seems to be working for me, is it still not working for you?

The block found email and sms seems to still be spotty.  I can't quite figure out why it's only isolated to the block found messages... it's very strange.  I will keep investigating.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
December 21, 2011, 09:04:57 PM

Joined (back after hiatus). Glad to see merged mining. Question: The website states that you charge only a fee for conversion of BTC to PayPal, implying that you do not charge for conversion of NMC to BTC, but the latter is not stated outright, and I wanted to double check. Do you, or do you use an exchange that does, charge a fee for that conversion?

Restating question, seems it might have been missed.  Wink

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2011, 09:11:21 PM

Oh sorry, BinaryMage, I meant to answer you:

No, there is no fee charged for the conversion.  It is done at the straight daily average or last trade (whichever is less) of NMC -> BTC with no fees applied.

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: