Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:09:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 [697] 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:31:47 AM

So where do you guys place Bitfury in terms of delivering on promise schedule as per them Huh
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ur0pl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:47:18 AM

If i don't get one of my two jupiters by Friday, I am going to hack this site.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:50:40 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 06:03:50 AM by Searing

So where do you guys place Bitfury in terms of delivering on promise schedule as per them Huh

That issue in terms of 'delivery" has a harsh meaning to us former BFL customers (probably down 8K) I ordered my stuff in April 2013 (the same month KNC became a company and posted such)...and it is still gonna be 3 weeks at best for my 65gh from BFL (sorry I digress)

So if I remember right "Bitfury" may be legitimate as heck...but I don't think they take Paypal , Paypal with credit cards nor do they I think take regular credit cards like KNC ...so once burnt I'll stay away till such happens..I did a bank xfer with BFL and could have easily gotten my $$$ back by reversing charges at this point...but w/o a credit card or even using your banks debit card (usually have a cc mine is backed by visa) .....I am crap out of luck....

I'm not gonna play that game ever again ...so learn from my mistakes..only pay by credit card.....look at TerraHash as far as I can determine the chip maker was at fault and did not get him the chips ..I think it was Avalon...so even if the mnfg is legit stuff can still happen where  you hold the bag.

IMHO the asic mnfg companies are gonna have to step it up and do as KNC has done at least paypal with cc and direct cc payment as well.

on a side note people tout Cointerra ...and cointerra flaunts the fact it has high tech people and big money behind their product (not harsh I wish them luck) but for asic mining companies to blow smoke and say they can't get paypal or cc options for their customers is a bunch of hoohey

KNC got cc direct payment visa master card and paypal  and got the paypal cc option like 1 month after they STARTED the company and a couple months later got direct cc payment

and KNC has only existed maybe 6 months...

anyway to me it smells that so many 'choose' not to have paypal or cc options imho..want you to have ALL the risk...

so will stay away from anything that is not KNC  who has stated they can't get  cc options  or paypal imho...for the time being I'd rather wait on KNC  

and of course anyone reading this does not know about BFL google them ..you will see to run away....they take paypal but don't deliver for more then 1yr

anyway

live an learn from my mistake

my 2c worth
Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:09:06 AM

In case anyone is still looking for a powersupply.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/103844/newegg---1000w-cooler-master-v1000-80-gold-modular-power-supply
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:42:25 AM

nope. Have a corsair ax760 waiting for it at home.

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 06:59:44 AM

That issue in terms of 'delivery" has a harsh meaning to us former BFL customers (probably down 8K) I ordered my stuff in April 2013 (the same month KNC became a company and posted such)...and it is still gonna be 3 weeks at best for my 65gh from BFL (sorry I digress)

So if I remember right "Bitfury" may be legitimate as heck...but I don't think they take Paypal , Paypal with credit cards nor do they I think take regular credit cards like KNC ...so once burnt I'll stay away till such happens..I did a bank xfer with BFL and could have easily gotten my $$$ back by reversing charges at this point...but w/o a credit card or even using your banks debit card (usually have a cc mine is backed by visa) .....I am crap out of luck....

I'm not gonna play that game ever again ...so learn from my mistakes..only pay by credit card.....look at TerraHash as far as I can determine the chip maker was at fault and did not get him the chips ..I think it was Avalon...so even if the mnfg is legit stuff can still happen where  you hold the bag.

IMHO the asic mnfg companies are gonna have to step it up and do as KNC has done at least paypal with cc and direct cc payment as well.

on a side note people tout Cointerra ...and cointerra flaunts the fact it has high tech people and big money behind their product (not harsh I wish them luck) but for asic mining companies to blow smoke and say they can't get paypal or cc options for their customers is a bunch of hoohey

KNC got cc direct payment visa master card and paypal  and got the paypal cc option like 1 month after they STARTED the company and a couple months later got direct cc payment

anyway to me it smells that so many 'choose' not to have paypal or cc options imho..want you to have ALL the risk...

so will stay away from anything that is not KNC  who has stated they can't get  cc options  or paypal imho...for the time being I'd rather wait on KNC  

and of course anyone reading this does not know about BFL google them ..you will see to run away....they take paypal but don't deliver for more then 1yr

anyway

my 2c worth
Searing

I see this statement an awful lot... "I will only use a credit card to buy ASIC miners."

Huh

So what good are Bitcoins if the people who mine them won't even use them to make purchases?!  It sounds like we don't really have a need for BTC.  Credit cards are good enough, apparently.

loktang1125

Activity: 164

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:02:23 AM

cgminer keep show me accepted by FPGA 21 works, but onlt 0 submitted
it casue only 10% accept on pool
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:04:39 AM

so will stay away from anything that is not KNC  who has stated they can't get  cc options  or paypal imho...for the time being I'd rather wait on KNC  

anyway

my 2c worth
Searing

I see this statement an awful lot... "I will only use a credit card to buy ASIC miners."

So what good are Bitcoins if the people who mine them won't even use them to make purchases?!  It sounds like we don't really have a need for BTC.  Credit cards are good enough, apparently.

Huh

I think there are plans to improve bitcoin with such ..i'm just saying been burnt bad ..will wait till there is some kinda fire dept in place (reputable refund plan) at least with the asic manufacturer's kinda sick of taking all the pain an risk with there endeavors w/o any consequences for them in the long run

anyway read somewhere recently they are considering changing the protocol of bitcoins to allow such ...can't remember where it is now thou was within the last few days

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
frelex

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:06:09 AM

Same problem with 2 of my jupiter.
KnC says this will be fixed in the next firmware which schould came out yersterday...
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:12:05 AM

firstly which firmware are you running?

secondlly join kncminer channel at irc.freeenode.net... you'll find a lot of skilled people there.

as last thing, look at this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=306969.0

particulary the 5th page

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:12:46 AM

there needs to be an escro service for asic companys

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:13:19 AM

so will stay away from anything that is not KNC  who has stated they can't get  cc options  or paypal imho...for the time being I'd rather wait on KNC  

anyway

my 2c worth
Searing

Huh

So what good are Bitcoins if the people who mine them won't even use them to make purchases?!  It sounds like we don't really have a need for BTC.  Credit cards are good enough, apparently.

If and when ASICs are like other items and can be bought off the shelf, using BTC will be fine. It's just too risky buying them at all right now so CC makes more sense for protection. Cash would be the same if you were buying something that might go tits up like a holiday. In fact, buying something with cash vs CC which gets you added protection is the same thing ..risk eliminated for no extra cost.
It's not bitcoin that needs to change it's the risky model we have for selling ASICs. Too many large losses aren't there? Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:21:36 AM

anyway

my 2c worth
Searing

Huh

If and when ASICs are like other items and can be bought off the shelf, using BTC will be fine. It's just too risky buying them at all right now so CC makes more sense for protection. Cash would be the same if you were buying something that might go tits up like a holiday. In fact, buying something with cash vs CC which gets you added protection is the same thing ..risk eliminated for no extra cost.
It's not bitcoin that needs to change it's the risky model we have for selling ASICs. Too many large losses aren't there? Sad

Perfect answer!  Say no more.

And it's exactly what I've done myself... CC for preorders and eBay purchases and BTC for ASICMiner Blades/USBs.
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:22:10 AM

Huh

I also see this response a lot.  Why is it that a single situation where bitcoin might be a sub-optimal method of payment is so often equated with bitcoins being worthless?

Bitcoins don't have to be the best option every time to be worth something.  There are plenty of use cases where bitcoins shine, not to mention that bitcoin is also a protocol that will likely have services layered on top of it to provide the kind of benefits they are lacking where needed (i.e. for large purchases that are pre-orders from a company with little history or trust).
loktang1125

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:24:44 AM

secondlly join kncminer channel at irc.freeenode.net... you'll find a lot of skilled people there.

particulary the 5th page

it happen on 91 92 93 firmware
running on 0.90 with only 280ghs atm
i will read your post now , thanks for that mate
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:27:37 AM

particulary the 5th page

you know that? it just happened to me on one go my jups. with fw 0.91. the strange thing is that this miner was running for almost 4 days without problem.
restarting cgminer didn't help. i'll try to do hard reset as soon as someone will do it for me at the colo.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
loktang1125

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:36:09 AM

particulary the 5th page

you know that? it just happened to me on one go my jups. with fw 0.91. the strange thing is that this miner was running for almost 4 days without problem.
restarting cgminer didn't help. i'll try to do hard reset as soon as someone will do it for me at the colo.

And the FPGA Error once again.
I can tell that this thing is struggling with the lack of adequate airflow now. However it is not as bad as the first firmware v0.9.0

i already took the cover off and it doesnt help
i have a full screen  accepted by FPGA 21 works, but onlt 0/2/5/13 submitted
it's so much fun
i dont even think it has half hot as my 7970 rigs
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:41:56 AM

particulary the 5th page

I can tell that this thing is struggling with the lack of adequate airflow now. However it is not as bad as the first firmware v0.9.0

it's so much fun

someone on here stated you should check your fans that they are all oriented correctly on the heatsinks...(maybe the guy was blowing smoke) but from what I gather all fans should be pushing air in a clockwise direction towards the 2 big fans at the end (also setup same way)

I don't have a unit and may not know what i'm talking about..but something to check?

Searing

trepex

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:58:43 AM

This message shows up for me as well.
Quite often when a new block is started, but only (seldom) under normal operation.

Shortly before a restart of cgminer, those messages run through the cgminer window at 10-20 per second.
But then the cgminer process is restarted (screen session terminated) within seconds.

I don't know if those infos will help you, but I am just a customer and that's all I know from observing
my Saturn miner.

Ralf / trepex

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:00:21 AM

particulary the 5th page

it's so much fun

someone on here stated you should check your fans that they are all oriented correctly on the heatsinks...(maybe the guy was blowing smoke) but from what I gather all fans should be pushing air in a clockwise direction towards the 2 big fans at the end (also setup same way)

I don't have a unit and may not know what i'm talking about..but something to check?

Searing
No you're right.  Couple of the fans fell off in transit, putting them back on I didn't pay attention and accidentally put one in backwards.  If you pull the unit apart and see a fan that has diagonal black plastic bars visible then it is likely on the wrong way.  Good thing is it's as easy as can be to pull off the shroud and turn it around.
Pages: « 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 [697] 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: