Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:01:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 [698] 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:03:24 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 08:42:22 AM by sickpig

you know that? it just happened to me on one go my jups. with fw 0.91. the strange thing is that this miner was running for almost 4 days without problem.
restarting cgminer didn't help. i'll try to do hard reset as soon as someone will do it for me at the colo.

And the FPGA Error once again.
I can tell that this thing is struggling with the lack of adequate airflow now. However it is not as bad as the first firmware v0.9.0

i already took the cover off and it doesnt help
i have a full screen  accepted by FPGA 21 works, but onlt 0/2/5/13 submitted
it's so much fun
i dont even think it has half hot as my 7970 rigs

doing a cold reboot (shutdown -h now, switch psu off, wait 30s, swtich psu on again) fix the problem for me, for now.

anyway I think you could be right about lack of adequate airflow. probably just putting a heatsink on top of the FPGA shiuld be enough... who knows.

the problem for me is magnified because I'm monitoring the miners remotely and I can't send someone at will to tweak phisically the machine.

regarding the fans, I can't remember where I saw it but someone posted a sort o minu-guide on how to check if your internal fans are correctly mounted
as soon as I find it I'll post it here

edit: found out (thanks Searing)

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/5640-verify-correct-fan-installation

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
loktang1125

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:04:59 AM

cgminer keep show me accepted by FPGA 21 works, but onlt 0 submitted
it casue only 10% accept on pool

firstly which firmware are you running?

secondlly join kncminer channel at irc.freeenode.net... you'll find a lot of skilled people there.

as last thing, look at this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=306969.0

particulary the 5th page

it happen on 91 92 93 firmware
running on 0.90 with only 280ghs atm
i will read your post now , thanks for that mate

you know that? it just happened to me on one go my jups. with fw 0.91. the strange thing is that this miner was running for almost 4 days without problem.
restarting cgminer didn't help. i'll try to do hard reset as soon as someone will do it for me at the colo.

I can tell that this thing is struggling with the lack of adequate airflow now. However it is not as bad as the first firmware v0.9.0

i have a full screen  accepted by FPGA 21 works, but onlt 0/2/5/13 submitted
it's so much fun

someone on here stated you should check your fans that they are all oriented correctly on the heatsinks...(maybe the guy was blowing smoke) but from what I gather all fans should be pushing air in a clockwise direction towards the 2 big fans at the end (also setup same way)

I don't have a unit and may not know what i'm talking about..but something to check?

Searing
No you're right.  Couple of the fans fell off in transit, putting them back on I didn't pay attention and accidentally put one in backwards.  If you pull the unit apart and see a fan that has diagonal black plastic bars visible then it is likely on the wrong way.  Good thing is it's as easy as can be to pull off the shroud and turn it around.

this is how they are atm

i am thinking to make this and drop a fan on top of middle
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:05:27 AM

secondlly join kncminer channel at irc.freeenode.net... you'll find a lot of skilled people there.

particulary the 5th page

it's so much fun

someone on here stated you should check your fans that they are all oriented correctly on the heatsinks...(maybe the guy was blowing smoke) but from what I gather all fans should be pushing air in a clockwise direction towards the 2 big fans at the end (also setup same way)

I don't have a unit and may not know what i'm talking about..but something to check?

Searing
No you're right.  Couple of the fans fell off in transit, putting them back on I didn't pay attention and accidentally put one in backwards.  If you pull the unit apart and see a fan that has diagonal black plastic bars visible then it is likely on the wrong way.  Good thing is it's as easy as can be to pull off the shroud and turn it around.

I also saw something on here about setting I think it was bfgminer at 256 I assume they mean diff on the  Huh/??? block done area (again don't have a miner) anyway they set it high..it is on here someplace on on kncminer forums...this is just stuff I tripped over..you may try that

other then the fan thing I got zip

by the by did the fan thing fix seem to help you any or can't you tell yet?

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
btcusr

Activity: 405
Merit: 255

@_vjy

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:17:39 AM

there needs to be an escro service for asic companys

That's not how it works.

ASIC companies can not use bitcoins / money, if it is with escrow.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:22:13 AM

particulary the 5th page

it's so much fun

Searing

this is how they are atm

i am thinking to make this and drop a fan on top of middle

well this was posted on the kncminer forum on www.kncminer.com  you should read this thread on fan orientation and also your idea of blowing air down some say it won't work

i'll just direct you to the thread so you can hash it out with others there good luck hope it helped

http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/main-category/hardware/5640-verify-correct-fan-installation

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
loktang1125

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:30:57 AM

well this was posted on the kncminer forum on www.kncminer.com  you should read this thread on fan orientation and also your idea of blowing air down some say it won't work

i'll just direct you to the thread so you can hash it out with others there good luck hope it helped

Searing
i think i did right, and the room temperature is 27degrees atm
i might let it run atm, i gotta set up the othe two
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:33:42 AM

Searing

er in the area above someone shot down the blow air down idea just so you could see his argument
myself I've no clue.....anyway.....putting it the right way sure can't hurt anything

Searing

mininganon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:37:18 AM

LOL don't think to hard do what I did, rip that junk top off and get an evil-mart cheapo $10 ac fan and prop it dead center or near your "bad" chip... I should say lower grade chip and your going to see 50ghs increase. Also make sure room air is circulating.  I'm getting avg. 460ghs@535watts on .91 firmware. Not the best unit they've shipped but its working.
loktang1125

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:58:13 AM

LOL don't think to hard do what I did, rip that junk top off and get an evil-mart cheapo $10 ac fan and prop it dead center or near your "bad" chip... I should say lower grade chip and your going to see 50ghs increase. Also make sure room air is circulating.  I'm getting avg. 460ghs@535watts on .91 firmware. Not the best unit they've shipped but its working.
i am doing that with 421.48 GH/s + only 65.00% accept
not too good but at least better than before
mruiter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:03:14 AM

i am doing that with 421.48 GH/s + only 65.00% accept
not too good but at least better than before

Exactly the same here.

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
neordicICE

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:05:13 AM

27 degrees is a lot. Try put some fan in front of your miner to help circulate the air in your room
Madazam

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:18:26 AM

Just received my third Jupiter (Australia).

to give some indication on order #/payment date

Order #: 10XX - Payment Date: 6/5/13 - Ship Date: Oct 3rd - Received Date: Oct 8th
Order #: 10XX - Payment Date: 6/5/13 - Ship Date: Oct 3rd - Received Date: Oct 8th
Order #: 14XX - Payment Date: 6/10/13 - Ship Date: Oct 4th - Received Date: Oct 9th

I was in 1-500 group for a very low order # in that initial range prior to actual orders.

Edit: Also in regards to condition after about 8 different stops on their journey, total 'damage' 1 fan fallen off  Grin

I am second day June 4 with order number 8xx..still in progress ...anyone else in the same boat?
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:24:15 AM

I've posted this on KNC forum but I put it here to. It's about the FPGA issue

I received my jupiter yesterday. I've upgraded the firmware abd had the same problem. BUT I think it's not a faulty card. I have 6 connenction for the hashing cards at the mainboard. I spent all night (from Europe) to figure out what is the problem. If I connceted only 1 hashing card for example slot 1 it made 5Ghs but if I connected to slot 2, it went up for 140Ghs. All night I was playing with the variations of the cards and the slots and in my opinion this problem is not came from the hashing card itself. I think it comes from wrong fpga routing or something like that. I could make a variation with the cards what made 440Ghs stable and without this issue. Now I left on a variation that makes about 530Ghs but restarts every 5-10 minutes. I had to give up cause it was 3 o'clock in the night.

I've tried avery single hashing card and they ar works fine but it depending on wich slot.

If I plug in only 1 or 2 hashing cards the HW error about 5-7%, but if I plug in all four it runs up to 20%.

Today I will continue the playing and waiting for the new firmware.....

Sorry for my poor English but I hope it helps.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
naRky

Activity: 350

Bitcoin is the future...

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:25:19 AM

Order #: 14XX - Payment Date: 6/10/13 - Ship Date: Oct 4th - Received Date: Oct 9th

I was in 1-500 group for a very low order # in that initial range prior to actual orders.

Edit: Also in regards to condition after about 8 different stops on their journey, total 'damage' 1 fan fallen off  Grin

I am second day June 4 with order number 8xx..still in progress ...anyone else in the same boat?

i am also day 2 #16xx in progress from monday

reply from KnC yesterday:
The production of your order is almost finalized.

We will get back to you with shipping information shortly.

▄██▄
▀███
   █
    █
     █
      █
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
      ▀██▀            ▀█▀            ▀██▀
         ▀▄           ▄▀
           ▀▄        ▄▀
             ▀▄     ▄▀
               ▀▄  ▄▀
                ▄██▄
                ▀██▀
                              █
                             ███
                            █████
                           ███ ███
                          ███   ███
                         ███     ███
                        ███       ███
                       ███         ███
                      ███           ███
                     ███             ███
                    ███               ███
                    ██                 ███
                    ██                  ███
                 █  ██                   ███
                ██  ██                    ███
               ███  ██                     ███
              ████  ██                      ███
             █████  ██ ▄███████████▄         ███
            ███ ██  █████▀       ▀████▄       ███
           ███  ██  ██▀              ▀██       ███
          ███   ██     ▄███████████▄   ██       ███
         ███    ██    ██▀         ▀██   ██       ███
        ███     ██   ██             ██  ██        ███
       ███      ██  ██               ██  ██        ███
      ███       ██  ██               ██  ██         ███
     ███        ██  ██               ██  ██          ███
    ███         ██  ██               ██  ██           ███
   ███           ██  ██             ██   ██            ███
  ███            ██   ██▄         ▄██    ██             ███
 ███              ██   ▀███████████▀     ██              ███
███                ██▄              ▄██  ██               ███
 ███▄               ▀████▄       ▄█████  ██             ▄███
   ▀███▄               ▀███████████▀ ██  ██          ▄███▀
      ▀███▄                          ██  ██       ▄███▀
         ▀███▄                       ██  ██    ▄███▀
            ▀███▄                    ██  ██ ▄███▀
               ▀███▄                 ██  ████▀
                  ▀███▄              ██  █▀
                     ▀███▄         ▄███
                        ▀███▄   ▄███▀
                           ▀█████▀

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
▀██▀             ▀██▀    
                 █
                █
               █
              █
             █
          ▄██▄
          ▀██▀
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:31:09 AM

Update from a hosting customer:

I just received a 5BTC payment in my configured BTC address. I didn't receive a mail with hosting details and the miner is not online yet (at least I can't see it in my preconfigured pool).
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:32:13 AM

I've posted this on KNC forum but I put it here to. It's about the FPGA issue

I received my jupiter yesterday. I've upgraded the firmware abd had the same problem. BUT I think it's not a faulty card. I have 6 connenction for the hashing cards at the mainboard. I spent all night (from Europe) to figure out what is the problem. If I connceted only 1 hashing card for example slot 1 it made 5Ghs but if I connected to slot 2, it went up for 140Ghs. All night I was playing with the variations of the cards and the slots and in my opinion this problem is not came from the hashing card itself. I think it comes from wrong fpga routing or something like that. I could make a variation with the cards what made 440Ghs stable and without this issue. Now I left on a variation that makes about 530Ghs but restarts every 5-10 minutes. I had to give up cause it was 3 o'clock in the night.

I've tried avery single hashing card and they ar works fine but it depending on wich slot.

If I plug in only 1 or 2 hashing cards the HW error about 5-7%, but if I plug in all four it runs up to 20%.

Today I will continue the playing and waiting for the new firmware.....

keep up the good work bro! and don't forget to keep us posted.

Sorry for my poor English but I hope it helps.

don't worry mine is worst than yours but I post as long as I think I've something worth sharing Tongue

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
Madazam

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:37:30 AM

Edit: Also in regards to condition after about 8 different stops on their journey, total 'damage' 1 fan fallen off  Grin

This is getting ridiculous, the guy quoted had late orders and paid late and got his orders "received" not shipped but received before me ....i don't know how they are shipping but this seem to me a queue jump.....i ma unable to understand there logic or queue order....
naRky

Activity: 350

Bitcoin is the future...

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:42:51 AM

Edit: Also in regards to condition after about 8 different stops on their journey, total 'damage' 1 fan fallen off  Grin

This is getting ridiculous, the guy quoted had late orders and paid late and got his orders "received" not shipped but received before me ....i don't know how they are shipping but this seem to me a queue jump.....i ma unable to understand there logic or queue order....

me either

▄██▄
▀███
   █
    █
     █
      █
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
      ▀██▀            ▀█▀            ▀██▀
         ▀▄           ▄▀
           ▀▄        ▄▀
             ▀▄     ▄▀
               ▀▄  ▄▀
                ▄██▄
                ▀██▀
                              █
                             ███
                            █████
                           ███ ███
                          ███   ███
                         ███     ███
                        ███       ███
                       ███         ███
                      ███           ███
                     ███             ███
                    ███               ███
                    ██                 ███
                    ██                  ███
                 █  ██                   ███
                ██  ██                    ███
               ███  ██                     ███
              ████  ██                      ███
             █████  ██ ▄███████████▄         ███
            ███ ██  █████▀       ▀████▄       ███
           ███  ██  ██▀              ▀██       ███
          ███   ██     ▄███████████▄   ██       ███
         ███    ██    ██▀         ▀██   ██       ███
        ███     ██   ██             ██  ██        ███
       ███      ██  ██               ██  ██        ███
      ███       ██  ██               ██  ██         ███
     ███        ██  ██               ██  ██          ███
    ███         ██  ██               ██  ██           ███
   ███           ██  ██             ██   ██            ███
  ███            ██   ██▄         ▄██    ██             ███
 ███              ██   ▀███████████▀     ██              ███
███                ██▄              ▄██  ██               ███
 ███▄               ▀████▄       ▄█████  ██             ▄███
   ▀███▄               ▀███████████▀ ██  ██          ▄███▀
      ▀███▄                          ██  ██       ▄███▀
         ▀███▄                       ██  ██    ▄███▀
            ▀███▄                    ██  ██ ▄███▀
               ▀███▄                 ██  ████▀
                  ▀███▄              ██  █▀
                     ▀███▄         ▄███
                        ▀███▄   ▄███▀
                           ▀█████▀

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
▀██▀             ▀██▀    
                 █
                █
               █
              █
             █
          ▄██▄
          ▀██▀
loktang1125

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:44:26 AM

27 degrees is a lot. Try put some fan in front of your miner to help circulate the air in your room
hong kong is about 27 degrees today
i cant make the tem lower
realtime

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:47:32 AM

me either

Sorry for any confusion my post cause to clarify I had 3 original 1-500 SKU orders.

"The desired goods: KNC Bitcoin miner numbers 1-500" placed on April 22nd, this is what KnC are honouring afaik.

My orders were stated as 'day 1 of production' prior to their dispatch.
Pages: « 1 ... 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 [698] 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: