Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:04:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
de_ixie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:32:58 PM

Bitcoinorama: so, there are still around 1,000 units to be shipped?

Wow, that's 500TH/s to be added yet to the network, add to that the competitors machines... Boy, ROI is going to be hard, but nevertheless that's not KnC's fault, its just as it is.

As I said many times, I expect a 2014 similar to 2012 in terms of hashrate, meaning pleateau and then decline because of unprofitability... That if BTC exchange rate is stable (as it happened in 2012), if it grows obviously the story changes.

Anyhow, good job Bitcoinorama. Hope you could finally found yourself a position inside KnC, maybe you could be their "josh", but much nicer and way more reasonable Cheesy

I would say only 500TH/s -I expected much more - this is good news in imho  Cool

European Bitcoin Exchange - Bitcoin handeln im deutschen Rechtsraum. Fair und reibungslos:
www.bitcoin.de (Aff. Link - Thank you!)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:33:45 PM

Bitcoinorama: so, there are still around 1,000 units to be shipped?

Wow, that's 500TH/s to be added yet to the network, add to that the competitors machines... Boy, ROI is going to be hard, but nevertheless that's not KnC's fault, its just as it is.

As I said many times, I expect a 2014 similar to 2012 in terms of hashrate, meaning pleateau and then decline because of unprofitability... That if BTC exchange rate is stable (as it happened in 2012), if it grows obviously the story changes.

Anyhow, good job Bitcoinorama. Hope you could finally found yourself a position inside KnC, maybe you could be their "josh", but much nicer and way more reasonable Cheesy

I would say only 500TH/s -I expected much more - this is good news in imho  Cool

###

ROI looks good imo
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:36:53 PM

Now just need to watch out for hashfast, avalon2, asicminer and bitfury for now.... hohoho Cheesy
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

For the record this is the photo I took the night before the conference. You can verify with the hashrate from Austin and Beccy's wallet to which it was configured. It ran for an hour, or two. Till I got thrown out of the hotel 'business suite' by a confused receptionist. Basically it was proof that Jupiter survived the hold in the plane and could be used to demonstrate at the handover at the conference.

If you can brighten the image, or wotnot, go for it. I tried, but obv. the light balance is competing with an unlit LCD screen on the power meter, and the bright LCD screen from the macbook. I did try photographing with the macbook screen brightness turned down as far as it would go, but to no avail. If you want that image I can post it, but you can see 563 Watts here anyways. Again it was like midnight by this point, and I didn't have 3 hours to run the kit. It was hashing afternoon- early eve the following day though. It ramped up quicker at the hotel, but hashed greater at the conference, which was cool as there were more witnesses than I, and a confused receptionist.

She actually brought one of the managers in as she had no idea what it was, or what I was explaining to her. He at least got me a drink to congratulate the achievement - not that I think he understood, but sweet gesture!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:44:33 PM

Its not like all of those 400 machines that have been shipped have all arrived and have been deployed already. So in all likelihood, KnC machines will add 6-700TH over the current hashrate over the next week or so. Then there is 500TH that asicminer would deploy this month and god knows how much bitfury is deploying. Not sure how that is good news, because I didnt even mention the (slim) possibility of Hashfast actually shipping this month and Im ignoring BFL and avalon shipments too. Oh and btcgarden's 250TH which may or may not have been deployed already.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:46:49 PM

Sorry, i see how stupid you are. You do not know nothing about B2B business and about law in EU for companies.
BTW in my country is it criminal offense and police can block bank account for it. Next thing is company insolvency. For us KNC failed with September delivery. We did business based on September delivery. We do not accept changes and we want price compensation or refund.
I understand for fanboy it's hard to understand, because we are not sponsors. We are did not build company what need money theirs costumers and not to fulfill the terms. We must hard work to make money. We also do not live dreams about get rich by KNC. We only protect our moneys and investment based on September delivery where KNC failed. Next, no one us contact of this situation, no one wanted to solve, they only changed date of delivery. We have never seen such behavior. For us it is unacceptable. It is reason why do not want more do business with KNC. When we failure in business, we have to pay. As you can talk sheep what knows nothing about their rights. But it's your problem not our.

no need to get rude, or ? forum members that have opinions that differ from yours are not necessarily stupid.

so your the smart, tough business guy then. good luck with your criminal offense attitude. i´m glad i´m not your customer.

please enlighten me with the law in your country that makes it a criminal offense to be late a few days in delivery.

btw: insulting a person IS a criminal offense...
trepex

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:52:48 PM

Yes there are freshly generated coins entering the wallet the refunds came from. That's not a covert mining farm minting coins to refund. That's your hosted devices up, and running. Hosting is live. The issue is configuring the API to your accounts and that is being sorted now.

Thanks for this detailed explanation. It's much better than any information I did receive vie e-mail from KnC.
(But getting some info today about the hosting via e-mail made me calm down as well.)

I assume this is the "wallet" address, or?

http://blockchain.info/de/address/1D5FhoiuLMJJ43BCMGidwvbKWfr71g1vH9

I still did not quite understand the current "setup" - I assume it's something like this:

All customer miners in the hosting facility were configured to the new KnC (or some other?) pool with the above
wallet address. KnC did a semi-manual payout for all customers of 2,5BTC per Saturn and 5BTC per Jupiter.
This static setup will continue to mine until the web-frontend for the customers is ready.
At that point the owners can re-configure their miners with whatever (single  Angry ) pool they want.
When the dust did settle there will be an update for the web frontend that will allow the configuration of a backup
mining pool as well or KnC will perform a manual setup of the backup mining pool  Grin

A short confirmation would make me (and hopefully many others as well) happy  Roll Eyes

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:57:04 PM

KnCMiner Hosting Pool

portal.kncminer.com

I've logged in an verified I have 11 Jupiters running.

Looks like they are getting it operational!
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:08:06 PM

Send it back just to be safe.

You wish!

I emailed them about it, if they say it will void the warranty then I will run it as received until it breaks.

Somewhere on the KnC site is an official post that includes instructions for troubleshooting.
That includes opening the case.

DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT
find the post!

I had a quick look for it, I have poor luck finding stuff there sry

then get u a T20 torx )

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
bobsmoke

Activity: 314

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:17:40 PM

KnCMiner Hosting Pool

portal.kncminer.com

Hey Bargraphics, how did you got that info? by email?
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:28:56 PM

Yes there are freshly generated coins entering the wallet the refunds came from. That's not a covert mining farm minting coins to refund. That's your hosted devices up, and running. Hosting is live. The issue is configuring the API to your accounts and that is being sorted now.

Thanks for this detailed explanation. It's much better than any information I did receive vie e-mail from KnC.
(But getting some info today about the hosting via e-mail made me calm down as well.)

I assume this is the "wallet" address, or?

http://blockchain.info/de/address/1D5FhoiuLMJJ43BCMGidwvbKWfr71g1vH9

I still did not quite understand the current "setup" - I assume it's something like this:

All customer miners in the hosting facility were configured to the new KnC (or some other?) pool with the above
wallet address. KnC did a semi-manual payout for all customers of 2,5BTC per Saturn and 5BTC per Jupiter.
This static setup will continue to mine until the web-frontend for the customers is ready.
At that point the owners can re-configure their miners with whatever (single  Angry ) pool they want.
When the dust did settle there will be an update for the web frontend that will allow the configuration of a backup
mining pool as well or KnC will perform a manual setup of the backup mining pool  Grin

A short confirmation would make me (and hopefully many others as well) happy  Roll Eyes

I have two day 1 jupiters that are hosted and have not received any BTC..  did everyone get a payout?
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:34:26 PM

Hey KNC/Bitcoinorama, thanks for making us beg for an update.

Good to see pretty much no answers in your post obama.

Regarding data centre:
The fact is each board has an individual owner and that owner has to be able to configure certain aspects of each board, choice of pool etc. You are therefore not given a proportional 'virtual' share of what's hosted, but actual physical and configurable boards located in your own physical space in the hosting center; i.e. your own board(s), and thus these need to be individually assigned, and that is considerably more laborious than originally expected.
4 boards, 1 controller board and connect one ethernet cable. To use your favourite word - BOOM! Now how is that "more laborious than originally expected". So, a total no-answer on DC delays.

How about some answers to these questions:
1. How come the sub-standard cgminer from KNC?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.msg3294238#msg3294238
This post suggests the KNC version is not doing a proper work restart. Any reason KNC are spending 9 days releasing firmware updates that doesn't even fix these issues? I'm fairly sure the guys who wrote cgminer could sort this quick fast. Anyway, I expect no-answer on this one.

2. How come boards are bbq'ing?
I know you wrote a post a few days ago trying to blame people for unplugging cables while the miner was still powered up, but that was scapegoating. There is plenty speculation on the hardware issues causing, but a total no-answer on this from you/KNC. Anyway, I expect no-answer on this one too.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:37:00 PM

Hi O'rama, I know there are more pressing matters to be discussed, but do you happen to know when resellers who managed the 10 units are going to get their miners?

Also, do you know what is going on with the reseller portal?

From what I understand, as someone asked me this at the conference, or words about; basically you get your miner at the point at which your 10th miner sale ships un-refunded. So if you sold 10 Jupiters in the October batch, you get your miner at the point at which the 10th Jupiter is sent. So in essence it is part of the October shipment. If your tenth is a November sale, then you get yours at such point your 10th sale leaves for shipment.

For sure though you have to sell 10 of any one type, so 10 Jupiters= 1 Jupiter free, 10 Saturns = 1 Saturn, 10 Mercuries etc. It's not a combo of 10 various types.

I don't think anyone managed to sell 10 boxes for an October shipment, other than that that bought 10+, and that's not many.

I'm no expert on this though, as I haven't been part of the affiliate thing, even though i've probably helped shift a few, or most. Sad

Funny thing, when i mentioned this to you previously, you said you were NOT helping them at all and 'merely expressing opinions'

Had it not been for you personally over enthusiastically vouching for them i would NOT have paid for my order.

i am over it now, but i was not impressed by your conduct in previous times.

i like you more now, the new, more honest bitcoinorama....  it would seem travel & expenses bring out the better in you.

now back to packing!!

Indirectly. It's obvious as a consequence to me asking and relaying evidence I procured that people on the fence made up their minds with what I conveyed, but I always stood my ground with respect to honesty and integrity, and always told people to strengthen and confirm my research with their own. I've never lied, so i'm unsure how my conduct has been anything but helpful in ensuring this project stayed on track. Any accusations towards scams that I've made have been wholly accurate. I expect to be proven correct about dishonest marketing practices used elsewhere as well.  My optimism and defense of the project throughout the duration came down to the fact I knew these guys were genuine and wanted to focus on delivering in time. I also knew that they had strongly vouched to promise worst case specs so as not to misappropriate facts with marketing fiction.

At the end of the day; I want to see my miner, as much as you want to see yours. My sole purpose in heading out there in the first place was to research them for myself, and my sole intent in remaining positive and providing supporting arguments was to counteract FUD being spread by competitors posing as users of this forum. The very same accusing me of allsorts. At the end of the day they had to stand on their own two feet and provide irrefutable evidence, as promised, within the given timeframe, or it means nothing to anyone.

I don't think anyone is letting me anywhere near packing again. I think my plan of uploading such a piss poor ability to pack scuppered that. Mission accomplished. Mwuhahaha! Tongue

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:37:15 PM

KnCMiner Hosting Pool

portal.kncminer.com

By logging into the portal, most likely.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:38:23 PM

Hey KNC/Bitcoinorama, thanks for making us beg for an update.

Good to see pretty much no answers in your post obama.

Regarding data centre:
The fact is each board has an individual owner and that owner has to be able to configure certain aspects of each board, choice of pool etc. You are therefore not given a proportional 'virtual' share of what's hosted, but actual physical and configurable boards located in your own physical space in the hosting center; i.e. your own board(s), and thus these need to be individually assigned, and that is considerably more laborious than originally expected.
4 boards, 1 controller board and connect one ethernet cable. To use your favourite word - BOOM! Now how is that "more laborious than originally expected". So, a total no-answer on DC delays.

How about some answers to these questions:
1. How come the sub-standard cgminer from KNC?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.msg3294238#msg3294238
This post suggests the KNC version is not doing a proper work restart. Any reason KNC are spending 9 days releasing firmware updates that doesn't even fix these issues? I'm fairly sure the guys who wrote cgminer could sort this quick fast. Anyway, I expect no-answer on this one.

2. How come boards are bbq'ing?
I know you wrote a post a few days ago trying to blame people for unplugging cables while the miner was still powered up, but that was scapegoating. There is plenty speculation on the hardware issues causing, but a total no-answer on this from you/KNC. Anyway, I expect no-answer on this one too.

#

atleast Spelon from anotherhost.se made them aware of the bbq-issue:

they gave me schetchy looks when i told them that this was the 2nd burn we've had

edit: and i think those guys know how to handle IT-equipment...
bobsmoke

Activity: 314

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:39:39 PM

KnCMiner Hosting Pool

portal.kncminer.com

By logging into the portal, most likely.
he just replied on IRC and he already got an email with details....
Looks like the pool is 51TH/s ... that would be 4% of the current total hash rate - if not mistaken - ..very interesting!
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:44:23 PM

from their site:

Price drop for BTC payments

All

As customers have started returning for more purchases already. We would like to take this opportunity to add our own support to the bitcoin currency by offering 10% discount on all bitcoin payments

Simply add the items you wish to purchase to your cart, choose BitPay as the payment method and the discount will be automatically calculated in the shop.

Simple as that

Thanks

KnCMiner Team

This is rather annoying.  I just put in BitPay orders not too long ago.  Sad
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:45:21 PM

Bugger. Thought this would be at 9pm, not 9am!

http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin/events/142308492/

Looks like I have missed the Stockholm meetup!! Embarrassed

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:48:06 PM

I've made the mistake of thinking on a 12hr clock in 24hr clock land. Almost missed my train.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:50:01 PM

I've made the mistake of thinking on a 12hr clock in 24hr clock land. Almost missed my train.

I also made the pivotal mistake of believing it would involve alcohol, and not coffee!! Angry

Pages: « 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 [706] 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: