Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 06:15:03 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3008005 times)
djcoin

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:24:22 AM

From the very beginning I wished they used FedEx. There are much less mistakes with FedEx and if you pay $300 for shipping on anything with FedEx they'll buy lunch for you that day. I want my god damn shipping charges refunded back to me. Pathetic.

Really?? Do you know how close KnC were to being over a week late in being able to create any machines?

FedEx delivered the majority and all of the first batch of Beaglebones to the wrong country and then spent three days lying about the whereabouts in the final week of September. Marcus refuses to use Fedex ever again, for anything ever again. He hates them with a passion for this.

It was only because Beaglebone themselves worked through the day and night for three days solid and paid DHL to deliver expedited that there was any. Even though FedEx were well aware of the problem and Beaglebone found out and restarted manufacture, DHL still beat them.

The Beaglebones arrived Saturday, the chips Sunday, that's how close to line this project was!!

My UPS tracking shows my boards left Sweden, arrived in Germany and there were sent back to Sweden. As others are in the same position we'd appreciate it if you could you provide a clear indication if this is dodgy UPS tracking or if there is another issue?

cheers
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:25:08 AM

enablecores just turns on any cores that were turned off from hardware errors, not sure how useful it is if using latest firmware as cgminer turns the cores on and off itself, but if going back to earlier firmware (pre 0.98) then is a must[/li]

[/quote]

ok ...I thought enablecores turned them all ON all the time....if enablecores just copies cgminer turning them off and on as needed I guess I don't need the enablecores.bin patch

thanks

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:25:36 AM

• as ckolivas says its purportedly due to the web interface, which makes me think its a memory leak in the API calls? ck, maybe you could clarify, would using miner.php have the same issue?
Miner.php wouldn't have this issue. It's allegedly due to using the json commands to the cgminer RPC API instead of the standard API calls as in use by miner.php and elsewhere.

Cool, I hate memory leaks, tricky to track down, especially if theres multiple suspects. All I can say is that 3.4.0 with their firmware 0.96 doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem.
That's because that version reported nothing via API for the device since that predates when I wrote code for it, and they never wrote any code for the device specific information.

Ok so I've replaced the 3.4.0 with the latest 3.8.2 and I'll run with that for 24-48 hours and see how it goes, same miner firmware that seems to work well for me, but just replace cgminer.

Biffa
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:27:45 AM

enablecores just turns on any cores that were turned off from hardware errors, not sure how useful it is if using latest firmware as cgminer turns the cores on and off itself, but if going back to earlier firmware (pre 0.98) then is a must[/li][/list]

ok ...I thought enablecores turned them all ON all the time....if enablecores just copies cgminer turning them off and on as needed I guess I don't need the enablecores.bin patch

thanks

Searing
    [/quote]

My understanding is that the enablecores just turns them all back on as a one time shot in the arm type of thing, they can still be turned off afterwards through either the later firmwares or via a version of cgminer that supports that facility.

Biomech
    Legendary

Activity: 1176

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
    November 19, 2013, 10:29:18 AM

Guess we shall see Mota...because I'm on an aggressive re-investment strategy....

I have exactly one problem with your strategy. Pure jealousy. I missed out, due to not being able to raise the money.

I think reinvesting in the mining equipment is a great long term strategy. I also think that if it were me, my first reinvestment would be in off grid power. Probably a combination of solar and hydro, since here in Idaho you can get remote land for very little money that has a stream or more running through it. Water wheels are cheap, and alternators aren't much more expensive. Batteries are the biggest investment, and they have a pretty good life these days. Getting the electric cost to near zero would make even the initial miners valuable for a long time, as they would simply continue to add to your hashpower as you added in more equipment 9both miners and electric generation).

This is the strategy I want to follow, assuming I can turn the financial disaster that is my current life around.

Buy Bitcoins with Paypal, Credit card, or other methods. Send me a PM or a text to 208-451-2665.
    Searing
    Legendary

View Profile
    November 19, 2013, 10:46:42 AM

enablecores just turns on any cores that were turned off from hardware errors, not sure how useful it is if using latest firmware as cgminer turns the cores on and off itself, but if going back to earlier firmware (pre 0.98) then is a must[/li][/list]

thanks

Searing

My understanding is that the enablecores just turns them all back on as a one time shot in the arm type of thing, they can still be turned off afterwards through either the later firmwares or via a version of cgminer that supports that facility.
      [/quote]

so no way to change the number of error before this happens it always says "detected 10 errors shutting off core"  kinda thing

would be nice if you could set it for like 20 errors (or maybe I'm missing something on cgminer

anyway if it just turns them all on for a time not needed for me they just toggle on/off fine on their own whim now and it is only 2 that do so every few hours and another 2 that maybe do it 2 or 3x a day

anway thanks
      Searing

▀
         ▄▄▄   ▄▀
         ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
             ████
          ▄  ▀▀▀▀
      ▄▄
            ██    ▀▀
      ██▄█▄▄▄████████
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
      ██████████████████
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
      ▀█████████████████
      ]
      CoinPayments
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      gravito

Activity: 74

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 10:46:51 AM

I just got off the phone with UPS. The lady told me that the shipment is very (very) unlikely to be delivered today (Germany) and I shall take this up with KNC (which I just did). The sender is the only one able to get UPS to investigate the issue. She said it seems the paperwork got shipped but the actual boxes were left behind.

It's sad that KNC has not already responded to the issue (it's noon in Sweden). Their decision to not sending the upgrades out Friday will result in half a week of lost mining. All I can say to this (from the bottom of my heart) is: Thank you SO much KNC. You really, REALLY rock. This is by far the fairest solution for all miners.

Totally unrelated: Congrats to those who decided not to trust KNC with the delivery and pick the boards up locally. I should have done the same.
      -ck
      Legendary

Activity: 2338

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
      November 19, 2013, 11:01:02 AM

• as ckolivas says its purportedly due to the web interface, which makes me think its a memory leak in the API calls? ck, maybe you could clarify, would using miner.php have the same issue?
      Miner.php wouldn't have this issue. It's allegedly due to using the json commands to the cgminer RPC API instead of the standard API calls as in use by miner.php and elsewhere.

Cool, I hate memory leaks, tricky to track down, especially if theres multiple suspects. All I can say is that 3.4.0 with their firmware 0.96 doesn't seem to suffer from the same problem.
      That's because that version reported nothing via API for the device since that predates when I wrote code for it, and they never wrote any code for the device specific information.

Ok so I've replaced the 3.4.0 with the latest 3.8.2 and I'll run with that for 24-48 hours and see how it goes, same miner firmware that seems to work well for me, but just replace cgminer.
      But that will keep using the API which causes the problem if you're using the web interface... that's not a solution unless you move to ssh/putty monitoring.

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
      ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
      -ck
      Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:14:49 AM

I just got off the phone with UPS. The lady told me that the shipment is very (very) unlikely to be delivered today (Germany) and I shall take this up with KNC (which I just did). The sender is the only one able to get UPS to investigate the issue. She said it seems the paperwork got shipped but the actual boxes were left behind.

It's sad that KNC has not already responded to the issue (it's noon in Sweden). Their decision to not sending the upgrades out Friday will result in half a week of lost mining. All I can say to this (from the bottom of my heart) is: Thank you SO much KNC. You really, REALLY rock. This is by far the fairest solution for all miners.

Totally unrelated: Congrats to those who decided not to trust KNC with the delivery and pick the boards up locally. I should have done the same.

Because this is KnC's fault, how?! ALL boxes were collected by UPS yesterday. They took them all in plastic packaging crates. UPS arrived here at 4pm. The boxes were ready, so no delay from us whatsoever.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
      1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
      Searing
      Legendary

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:34:05 AM

Because this is KnC's fault, how?! ALL boxes were collected by UPS yesterday. They took them all in plastic packaging crates. UPS arrived here at 4pm. The boxes were ready, so no delay from us whatsoever.

Because of this it is your fault:
      to be fair to everybody that ordered within those 7 minutes, they are all being shipped at the same time on Monday.
      You could have shipped them last week (maybe not all...but a significant number). They were advertised that way you know....

prob would not matter whatever the issue with UPS and the boxes would probably have happened then as well...of course may have saved a day in untangling the mess but then again the weekend so probably not  imho just saying (like I really know anything about this  but seems likely)

▀
         ▄▄▄   ▄▀
         ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
             ████
          ▄  ▀▀▀▀
      ▄▄
            ██    ▀▀
      ██▄█▄▄▄████████
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
      ██████████████████
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
      ▀█████████████████
      ]
      CoinPayments
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      ElGabo

Activity: 636

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:35:40 AM

I think it was not Knc's fault.

But 'Orama, could somebody call Ups from Knc and ask what happened? They give info only for Knc....

This is only history but I'd only like to know what happened.

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
        So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
      -ck
      Legendary

Activity: 2338

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
      November 19, 2013, 11:44:54 AM

Well, here's a binary which should hopefully address the known memory leak from cgminer itself based on the latest git master 009511c995458c00a5f46426c8e80ddb94c20cbb.

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/kncminer/cgminer

Primary developer/maintainer for cgminer and ckpool/ckproxy.
      ZERO FEE Pooled mining at ckpool.org 1% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
      -ck
      Bitcoinorama

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:50:00 AM

But 'Orama, could somebody call Ups from Knc and ask what happened? They give info only for Knc....

I've only been in the office for an hour as I was working all through last night whilst watching the US Senate deliberate over Bitcoin, and watching the BTC price and volume simultaneously. Give me a bit and i'll grab an answer from Emilia, she's chasing now.

ElGabo

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:54:42 AM

I've only been in the office for an hour as I was working all through last night whilst watching the US Senate deliberate over Bitcoin, and watching the BTC price and volume simultaneously. Give me a bit and i'll grab an answer from Emilia, she's chasing now.

Thanks a lot!

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:58:36 AM

OK UPS had a technical error, hence 'exception', so UPS couldn't ship their packages last night, but nothing to fear they're on their way now according to UPS. The guy that had a package appear in Germany and then back in Sweden, the confusion there is apparently due to the manifest (customs docket) appearing on the German UPS system ahead of physical delivery of the package. So his package (and presumably every heading to Germany) was still in Sweden presumably and is now en route to Germany, if not there already.

EDIT: 'the guy' = DJcoin, sorry bud!

ElGabo

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 11:59:45 AM

OK UPS had a technical error, hence 'exception', so UPS couldn't ship their packages last night, but nothing to fear they're on their way now according to UPS. The guy that had a package appear in Germany and then back in Sweden, the confusion there is apparently due to the manifest (customs docket) appearing on the German UPS system ahead of physical delivery of the package. So his package (and presumably every heading to Germany) was still in Sweden presumably and is now en route to Germany, if not there already.

Great! Thanks!

Searing
      Legendary

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 12:15:44 PM

Well, here's a binary which should hopefully address the known memory leak from cgminer itself based on the latest git master 009511c995458c00a5f46426c8e80ddb94c20cbb.

heh I know nothing about how to install something like this I'll wait for the next release and take it as an update then

but again we appreciate your efforts and also your time on this forum

Searing

▀
         ▄▄▄   ▄▀
         ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
             ████
          ▄  ▀▀▀▀
      ▄▄
            ██    ▀▀
      ██▄█▄▄▄████████
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
      ██████████████████
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
      ████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
      ▀█████████████████
      ]
      CoinPayments
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      █████
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████ ██
      █████
      thorvald

Activity: 242

Aa7kiQZaSRf7BDPvr3SUJyD7K63HEu6Tnt

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 01:19:13 PM

heh I know nothing about how to install something like this I'll wait for the next release and take it as an update then

Searing

wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/kncminer/cgminer
      chmod +x cgminer

screen -dm ./cgminer -c /config/cgminer.conf
      Biffa
      Legendary

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 01:23:24 PM

Searing

wget http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/kncminer/cgminer
      chmod +x cgminer

screen -dm ./cgminer -c /config/cgminer.conf

Don't forget to shut down the running miner first.

The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
      November 19, 2013, 02:48:31 PM

In case you are wondering where your boards and Cyper are, it seems his daring heist has paid off.

Collecting the boards in person was his way to scope out the knc building, checking entrances and exits, to assess where the pick up was going to take place. CCTV will soon reveal a man with a fake moustache loitering on Birger Jarlsgatan soon after Cyper left.

This van was spotted passing through the channel tunnel at speed this morning, on it's way to London.

All your hashrate's belongs to Cyper.

"I am not The Avenger"
      1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
      Pages: « 1 ... 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 ... 2138 »
        Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.