Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 04:49:58 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3008366 times)
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:10:22 AM

I know what you mean I went over to multipool which I used to use for scrypt mining on gpu's as they were trying to get their Bitcoin pool hashrate up. I spent nearly 48 hours there without getting one decimal fraction of a BTC because basically I was like 15% of the hashrate on my own. Effectively it was like solo mining.

Whats P2pool like as an experience?

It works pretty well if you have enough hashpower, but the variance is very high if you are a low-hashrate miner.  Some hardware (like Knc H/W) does not work well with it, at least it didn't the last time I tried.  The payout is good - miners get 100% of block reward + transactions.

But a 2% pool fee? According to p2pool.org

P2pool.org is not the same as P2pool - you are mining on a node owned and operated by someone else, and paying them a fee.  P2pool is meant to have each miner create his own node for mining.  The P2pool software, by default, will automatically give 1% to the author, but you can set it to 0% if you choose.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:13:59 AM

I know what you mean I went over to multipool which I used to use for scrypt mining on gpu's as they were trying to get their Bitcoin pool hashrate up. I spent nearly 48 hours there without getting one decimal fraction of a BTC because basically I was like 15% of the hashrate on my own. Effectively it was like solo mining.

It works pretty well if you have enough hashpower, but the variance is very high if you are a low-hashrate miner.  Some hardware (like Knc H/W) does not work well with it, at least it didn't the last time I tried.  The payout is good - miners get 100% of block reward + transactions.

P2pool.org is not the same as P2pool - you are mining on a node owned and operated by someone else, and paying them a fee.  P2pool is meant to have each miner create his own node for mining.  The P2pool software, by default, will automatically give 1% to the author, but you can set it to 0% if you choose.

Aha! Sneaky bugger. Looks like http://p2pool.in/ is the official site. Looking into it now.

Looks like lots of info here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=18313.0

Also looks like a royal PITA to setup especially for noobs.

xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 01:17:07 AM

Aha! Sneaky bugger. Looks like http://p2pool.in/ is the official site. Looking into it now.

No, the 'official site' is on your own PC Smiley

You download the P2pool software, read the instructions on how to set it up at https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool , then you run a P2pool node that connects to other nodes, and your own bitcoin-qt.  Your miner will connect to the P2pool instance running on you PC.

Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:11:41 AM

Why mine at any other pool when Eligius is 0% Fees?

Downtime.

I guess you could do elig + a backup pool.

Not sure I've experienced any downtime in the past month or so that was caused by eligius.

And please tell me, why do you mine at Eligius? Such an ugly site! That Wizkid and his pool.

I mine at eligius because with 11 Jupiters, 3% Fees would have been over 11 Coins already for me that I would have given to BTCGuild or other pools.

Why mine at any other pool when Eligius is 0% Fees? Because you like pretty Stats? Not worth all that lost money.

Also 105% PPS NMC helps out, get an extra coin or two per month. Pool basically pays you to mine there Tongue

Ghash.io has 0% fee, pays transactions to miners, and merge-mines NMC, IXC, and DVC - and their stats page seems to be very reliable.

Ghash.io has made it extremely clear that their fee is "currently" 0% and could likely change it in the future. They are directly connected to CEX.io and have the majority of the networks hashrate currently.

Unless Eligius gets too big I don't plan on switching and would sway others from joining a pool that currently has 24% of the network https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs
monsieur

Activity: 70

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:15:31 AM

KNC should delay production and shipment of this batch till January, in my opinion. I think it will be a noble thing for knc to do towards small miners who just get introduced to bitcoin with Erupters and such.

LOL. are you serious or just trolling?

So knc should delay because you forgot to use a bitcoin mining calculator before buying a USB miner?

I have a November order, but I am willing to forfeit some income for greater good.

The grater good?  you want to break even on your usb erupter is not the Greater good.  If you want to do something for the grater good, send money to the Philippines appeal or some money for a Syrian refugee.  Helping someone get ROI on a product that is effective useless is not the grater good.  Sorry to say it but you should have done your homework before buying an obsolete device.  

If you want to mine something with this block erupter why don't you try mining PPCoin.  Im sure it's the best solution from here on in.  PPcoin has held fairly steady and once you have a few coins in your wallet for some time they start to mine automatically (Proof of Stake) without any mining hardware/devices

Just me sending money somewhere will have practically no impact. Knc agreeing to delay production will have big impact. Just imagine headlines: "KNC and its customers agree to halt production to protect the network". As the matter of fact, I am receiving a lot of PMs from classy November customers agreeing with me. So, Bitcoinorama, I think it will be safe to assume that the majority of November customers agree for at least a month of delay, and you can relay the message to your superiors.
CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:20:08 AM

KNC should delay production and shipment of this batch till January, in my opinion. I think it will be a noble thing for knc to do towards small miners who just get introduced to bitcoin with Erupters and such.

So knc should delay because you forgot to use a bitcoin mining calculator before buying a USB miner?

I have a November order, but I am willing to forfeit some income for greater good.

The grater good?  you want to break even on your usb erupter is not the Greater good.  If you want to do something for the grater good, send money to the Philippines appeal or some money for a Syrian refugee.  Helping someone get ROI on a product that is effective useless is not the grater good.  Sorry to say it but you should have done your homework before buying an obsolete device.  

If you want to mine something with this block erupter why don't you try mining PPCoin.  Im sure it's the best solution from here on in.  PPcoin has held fairly steady and once you have a few coins in your wallet for some time they start to mine automatically (Proof of Stake) without any mining hardware/devices

Just me sending money somewhere will have practically no impact. Knc agreeing to delay production will have big impact. Just imagine headlines: "KNC and its customers agree to halt production to protect the network". As the matter of fact, I am receiving a lot of PMs from classy November customers agreeing with me. So, Bitcoinorama, I think it will be safe to assume that the majority of November customers agree for at least a month of delay, and you can relay the message to your superiors.

I don't know what you are smoking , but it is good.

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:26:00 AM

I'm very curious why KnC didn't use for mounting the heatsink the standard four-holes plates which are in a box with the Arctic freezer i30, but rather used additional aluminum bar.
xyzzy099
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:40:49 AM

Why mine at any other pool when Eligius is 0% Fees?

Downtime.

I guess you could do elig + a backup pool.

Not sure I've experienced any downtime in the past month or so that was caused by eligius.

And please tell me, why do you mine at Eligius? Such an ugly site! That Wizkid and his pool.

I mine at eligius because with 11 Jupiters, 3% Fees would have been over 11 Coins already for me that I would have given to BTCGuild or other pools.

Why mine at any other pool when Eligius is 0% Fees? Because you like pretty Stats? Not worth all that lost money.

Also 105% PPS NMC helps out, get an extra coin or two per month. Pool basically pays you to mine there Tongue

Ghash.io has 0% fee, pays transactions to miners, and merge-mines NMC, IXC, and DVC - and their stats page seems to be very reliable.

Ghash.io has made it extremely clear that their fee is "currently" 0% and could likely change it in the future. They are directly connected to CEX.io and have the majority of the networks hashrate currently.

Unless Eligius gets too big I don't plan on switching and would sway others from joining a pool that currently has 24% of the network https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs

When I started mining on Eligius two months ago, it had 2% of the network hashpower, and 50BTC had ~20%.  When I quit mining there yesterday, Eligius was at ~15% of the network, and 50BTC was almost nonexistent.  These things change frequently and quickly.

If you are really that concerned about decentralization for the long-term, set up a P2pool node.  Anything else is just a very short-term strategy that ultimately will not be sufficient.  The majority of miners will always tend to mine on the pool where they perceive the most profitability, just like they do currently.

Help make P2pool (or another distributed pool that you invent) the obvious pool of choice, or continue to watch miners flock to the biggest pool with lowest fees, the most merge-mining, or some other perceived advantage.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:02:25 AM

My biggest concern now, is how long until the next pre-order!...
O'Rama....  can you ask for us...  a teaser maybe?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:03:13 AM

Yeah, I really love what KNC has done and am eager to see what new beast they roll out. At the same time, it may come down to who can ship first..

While KNC has been working on their stuff, deliveries and all that there most likely have been other companies working on their stuff as well....miners hashing at 2TH or even more will most likely come from other companies then KNC. The problem is to find out which ones will be on the market first. Seriously, KNC's first top of the line rig was 580Gh/s. What could possibly be their top of the line 2nd gen model? I REALLY want to see an American company come out with something. I would definitely take the ride to check them out and pick up the goods, as well as a lot of other people would.

American company ....lots of people went and we're impressed with BFL trips butterflylabs and look how that turned out..you just never know

(still can't believe the BFL site with all the fancy pics/shoutbox/etc was a scam by never shipping stuff and the KNC site with LINE DRAWINGS of their miners was legit..go figure)

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
monsieur

Activity: 70

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:35:29 AM

I don't know what you are smoking , but it is good.

not too shabby, not too shabby
derekleong75

Activity: 243

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:37:01 AM

Yeah, I really love what KNC has done and am eager to see what new beast they roll out. At the same time, it may come down to who can ship first..

While KNC has been working on their stuff, deliveries and all that there most likely have been other companies working on their stuff as well....miners hashing at 2TH or even more will most likely come from other companies then KNC. The problem is to find out which ones will be on the market first. Seriously, KNC's first top of the line rig was 580Gh/s. What could possibly be their top of the line 2nd gen model? I REALLY want to see an American company come out with something. I would definitely take the ride to check them out and pick up the goods, as well as a lot of other people would.

American company ....lots of people went and we're impressed with BFL trips butterflylabs and look how that turned out..you just never know

(still can't believe the BFL site with all the fancy pics/shoutbox/etc was a scam by never shipping stuff and the KNC site with LINE DRAWINGS of their miners was legit..go figure)

Searing

All's crazy in bitcoin.  But I'm glad I have this community to grow with through the craziness.
*lays back and sips on the wine while watching the blue led reflect off the floor from my Jup* Smiley
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:37:33 AM

Searing

I'll say this again and again, most people just haven't spent enough time with engineers to know that some of them use 90% of their time on their craft and 10% promoting it and the rest do the reverse

compare Tesla and Edison

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Scoobypup

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 03:59:19 AM

Hey Bitcoinorama (or anyone really), Is the below a known issue with these miners?

I have a Jupiter that had 3/4 boards with the Die 3/4 DC/DC low current issue that temperature manipulation would not fix. My fourth board was perfect. I RMA'd the three boards and had a pretend Mercury for about a week mining along at 142Gh/s...When I received my RMA boards and installed them in my Jupiter (never touching the fourth board), my fourth and previously perfect board began exhibiting the Die 0 DC/DC low current issue. The other three boards work perfectly. This is with firmware .98.1 which fixed this exact issue with all of my boards previously since my miner shipped with .95 firmware.
How is it that one board can cause another to perform sub-par and act like it has a hardware issue? Could this be the root cause of everyone else's problems? Some boards for whatever reason don't play nice together?

Is KnC aware of this, and is it something that firmware can fix? Or is it just a game of luck?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:25:16 AM

Hey Bitcoinorama (or anyone really), Is the below a known issue with these miners?

I have a Jupiter that had 3/4 boards with the Die 3/4 DC/DC low current issue that temperature manipulation would not fix. My fourth board was perfect. I RMA'd the three boards and had a pretend Mercury for about a week mining along at 142Gh/s...When I received my RMA boards and installed them in my Jupiter (never touching the fourth board), my fourth and previously perfect board began exhibiting the Die 0 DC/DC low current issue. The other three boards work perfectly. This is with firmware .98.1 which fixed this exact issue with all of my boards previously since my miner shipped with .95 firmware.
How is it that one board can cause another to perform sub-par and act like it has a hardware issue? Could this be the root cause of everyone else's problems? Some boards for whatever reason don't play nice together?

Is KnC aware of this, and is it something that firmware can fix? Or is it just a game of luck?

might be the reason some people say sticker#1's were better boards (cause they probably only had one #2 board acting up amongst them..)
who knows..  I sent a #1 board back since it lost a die sitting around other #2 boards..  and never came back up even by itself

the miners could just be playing tricks on our minds

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Scoobypup

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:49:03 AM

Well, all of my boards have been stickered #1. I didn't even know there were other numbers. I guess that means orama was telling the truth when he said they don't mean anything. Sure has been the case with me anyway.
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:51:20 AM

Well, all of my boards have been stickered #1. I didn't even know there were other numbers. I guess that means orama was telling the truth when he said they don't mean anything. Sure has been the case with me anyway.

they wouldn't just randomly put a number 1 sticker on the board for no reason....

orama saying "no reason" means "i don't know"
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:51:59 AM

+1
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:10:23 AM

Already asked, and he said no.

davewr2013

Activity: 238

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 05:11:06 AM

Searing
I'll say this again and again, most people just haven't spent enough time with engineers to know that some of them use 90% of their time on their craft and 10% promoting it and the rest do the reverse
compare Tesla and Edison

Until tonight that was a closely guarded trade secret. Best keep your door locked now. Grin Shocked

Cheers

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Pages: « 1 ... 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.