Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:42:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:32:45 PM

I'm just going to put this out there, but I got a gut feeling that if Hashfast deliver in December, and its looking like they will, depending on how "substantial" it is then KnC may do another batch of Jupiters. Cheesy

Their policy was not to produce any more batches in December 2013, January 2014 or  February 2014 unless any of their competitors add large amounts of hashing power to the network during the same period.

Hopefully, if they do, they will be comparable in price to their competition i.e. <$4K

I believe KNC is geared-up already and just waiting for the competition to release.

But... and here's the kicker... KNC will be shipping only Jupiters (no Saturns)from stock or with a very short build time.  Remember, no one else will be shipping orders made today until March/April at the soonest.  Therefore KNC will be pricing accordingly, easily double your $4000 guesstimate.

Bitfury did the same thing.  30GH/s boards were $500 two months ago but are now $1000 each.

Hash power today is worth MUCH more than hash power in 3 or 4 months.  And no, the cost to produce a product has no bearing on its price as long as there is a demand for that item.

Not sure really depends, Bitfury had zero competition (KnC had stopped shipping), they also had a LOT of people with semi populated rigs who need those extra blades.

By the time KnC does a January or February batch HF will have been in full swing with 500Gh/s BJ's at $2250 and there is a likelyhood that Cointerra & Blackarrow will be shipping and selling their $6K 2TH miners.

Of course its all dependent on "if" they ship.

Bitfury has no competition right now?  Not true.  ASICMiner Cube, Avalon Mini, BFL Single (yes, really!) and the awesome BitMain AntMiner are all shipping now or with just a little lead time.  That's competition!  Not to mention all of the Bitfury and Avalon clone makers.

Sure HF, Cointerra, BlackArrow, etc. may finally be shipping their first, possibly second batch preorders but they won't be shipping from stock and KNC possibly could.  You'll still have to wait a couple of months if you order a HashFast or Cointerra at that time.  So if you want a Jupiter at that very instant, you'll pay through the ass for it.  I guarantee it!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
faizaa123

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:35:06 PM

Good to see the Neptunes sell out.  I decided against purchasing one, I think I'll go for 3rd generation KNCs.  Great company to deal with.  A complete pleasure compared to some of the other nightmarish manufacturers out there.

3rd gen stuff will be commercial....might not be suitable for you dude.

Has this been confirmed?
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:36:40 PM

Good to see the Neptunes sell out.  I decided against purchasing one, I think I'll go for 3rd generation KNCs.  Great company to deal with.  A complete pleasure compared to some of the other nightmarish manufacturers out there.

Has this been confirmed?

well knc stated the neptune will be their last consumer device...
faizaa123

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:38:25 PM

Has this been confirmed?

well knc stated the neptune will be their last consumer device...

Interesting... thanks for that info.
xstr8guy

Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:53:36 PM

KnC's network protection program is quite inferior to BFLs. BFL have been protecting the network for like 18 months now Smiley

Ack!  Can't we let that meme die yet?  They've actually shipped all of the first gen preorders and are shipping from stock.  But yeah, still waiting on the Monarch... so there's that...   Undecided
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:40:09 AM

Is anyone using Seasonic X1250W supplies for their November Jupiters? I found that after about a minute after bootup (when the Jupiter is about to start hashing), the PSU shuts down. I let the PSU reset itself (takes several minutes), try again, same results. Consistent and repeatable. I tried 2 separate X1250's and 2 separate November Jupiters with the same result.

Obviously 1250W should be plenty, and the Seasonic is a high-quality supply, so I'm not sure what is causing the shutdowns. I normally have the X1250's running 4 BFL SC Singles without any issue, and those take more power than a Jupiter.

I had some Corsair AX860's kicking around so I tried those for the Jupiters. They work well and I haven't had any trouble after 24 hours now.

I can confirm this will happen with the X Series.

I made a Previous post on this btw...

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:51:41 AM

Is anyone using Seasonic X1250W supplies for their November Jupiters? I found that after about a minute after bootup (when the Jupiter is about to start hashing), the PSU shuts down. I let the PSU reset itself (takes several minutes), try again, same results. Consistent and repeatable. I tried 2 separate X1250's and 2 separate November Jupiters with the same result.

Obviously 1250W should be plenty, and the Seasonic is a high-quality supply, so I'm not sure what is causing the shutdowns. I normally have the X1250's running 4 BFL SC Singles without any issue, and those take more power than a Jupiter.

I had some Corsair AX860's kicking around so I tried those for the Jupiters. They work well and I haven't had any trouble after 24 hours now.

A solution was provided upthread.  The power supply has current limit per CABLE SET not per plug.  Be sure to use 1 PCIe plug per cable.  Connecting two ASIC boards on one cable puts the peak current over limit OCP and it trips to protect the PSU and device. I have two Jupiters (1 Oct, 1 Nov) running on SeaSonic 1250W without issue. 
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 12:52:58 AM

All manufactures will have no choice but to make "commercial" rigs. When making rigs 5TH+, they all become commercial. Only the guys that have the facilities to run these will be the only ones buying them. I really hope that 30 year old still living at mommy's house doesn't try to buy one of those future 5-9TH models. There goes the electrical house fire.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:53:31 AM

It must have been god
I was lucky to buy today in the last day

looking job
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:58:09 AM

A solution was provided upthread.  The power supply has current limit per CABLE SET not per plug.  Be sure to use 1 PCIe plug per cable.  Connecting two ASIC boards on one cable puts the peak current over limit OCP and it trips to protect the PSU and device. I have two Jupiters (1 Oct, 1 Nov) running on SeaSonic 1250W without issue. 

I have been around PC's and do understand the current limit per cable set.

I did use one of each plug set.

I can confirm that I did everything correctly before I switched to the V1000 -- no problem now.

It seems it would depend on the PSU and the particular chips that you have and the individual current draw.

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:13:28 AM

Go knc go
But why not have installed extra ports at November Jupiter board???
How will do the upgraded

Jupiters are not designed to be upgraded, where do you put the boards inside a Jupiter? Upgrades are designed for Saturn/Mercury.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Paladin69

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 01:57:04 AM

Go knc go
But why not have installed extra ports at November Jupiter board???
How will do the upgraded

Jupiters are not designed to be upgraded, where do you put the boards inside a Jupiter? Upgrades are designed for Saturn/Mercury.

Who cares if the case wasn't designed for it.  6 boards work just fine on the Oct Jup's.

People who had their 5th & 6th ports removed from their non-day1, 2, 3 Jups got screwed over.  I suspect the controller boards could've handled 6 Nov boards just fine if given the chance.
Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:06:02 AM

Who cares if the case wasn't designed for it.  6 boards work just fine on the Oct Jup's.

<snip cool pic>

I hope you prepared yourself for all the whinging that's sure to follow about how unfair it was that jupiter owners could buy the modules Smiley

Paladin69

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:13:17 AM

<snip cool pic>

I hope you prepared yourself for all the whinging that's sure to follow about how unfair it was that jupiter owners could buy the modules Smiley

Well if it makes people feel any better, the amount of BTC I spent for Nov Jups will never be recovered.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:25:15 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 02:42:38 AM by Phoenix1969

<snip cool pic>

Well if it makes people feel any better, the amount of BTC I spent for Nov Jups will never be recovered.
That's quite a statement there Paladin.... I'm shocked!
That would be totally by your own doing considering they sell for 3x to 4x their original value, some Octobers went for 28 thousand dollars and more.
Which you could then buy BTC or more machines with, or be satisfied in total glory you made 3x+your investment and move on if somehow you weren't happy with mining....
They also seem to mine very well btw?
You leave it unplugged or something?...wow.
I don't see how you could not recover the original BTC amount unless you are totally inept when it comes to investments.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:30:53 AM

KnC's network protection program is quite inferior to BFLs. BFL have been protecting the network for like 18 months now Smiley

Best quote of year.

lmao (but it hurts sooooo bad I'm down 8k with bfl but my *forced to upgrade because of no refunds of april bricks* to 900gh of monarchs wil save me!!! (wanders off for a good sob)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:37:47 AM

Try plugging one of the PCI-e connectors to the socket marked CPU/PCI-e on the Seasonic X1250W. The shutdown seems to go away if you do this.  Not sure why this happens as this is supposedly a single-rail PSU.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:47:23 AM

by far knc is the best company
The only other company that has shipped is bfl, so it's only really fair at this point to say "knc are better than bfl".

I think in the new year, when 2 or 3 more asic companies ship, we'll see a whole new picture emerge.

Wat?

Did you somehow overlook BitFountain, BitSyncom, BitFury, and BitMain?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:13:18 AM

Do you think adding a second extension would case any problems like voltage drop  Huh

It will be original PCI-E cable coming from the PSU, then the extension cable below and last the original extension cable that came with the miner.

Paladin69

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 03:29:11 AM

<snip cool pic>

That's quite a statement there Paladin.... I'm shocked!
That would be totally by your own doing considering they sell for 3x to 4x their original value, some Octobers went for 28 thousand dollars and more.
Which you could then buy BTC or more machines with, or be satisfied in total glory you made 3x+your investment and move on if somehow you weren't happy with mining....
They also seem to mine very well btw?
You leave it unplugged or something?...wow.
I don't see how you could not recover the original BTC amount unless you are totally inept when it comes to investments.

I bought when the price was $125.  So your last line is correct.  I'll admit being inept.  I was too focused on bonus Jups and a miscalculated diff increase.  Which I sort of blame KnC for.  I feel they should have announced they were shipping 5,000 Oct machines with plans to own 70% of the network once 600m diff was hit.  I'm glad to see KnC announcing the amount of Neptunes now.  Although I think the difficulty will run away from everyone in the 20nm gen.  I say this while in for two Neptunes as well.  I think Batch 2 people are going to get a bit screwed.

Miners can still profit.  I'm not going to complain.  I am just sad a hobby got transformed into a reseller market that preys on others while mining on the margins.
Pages: « 1 ... 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: