Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:08:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:53:46 AM

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 276191.0 (eta 1.8 days): 1184765576.11 / +30.4% [est.] Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

wow.

every time KnC hits the market this kind of growth happens.

Anyone have an an idea of in what measure other asic vendors (bitmain, bitfury, avalon 2nd gen) contributed to this last jump?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pvnamk19

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:59:09 AM

if KNC sold Jupiters initially for $6,995
and then dropped it to $4,995

then now with difficulty higher and BTC lower it would have to be below $3995, and that seems high especially if BTC continues the downward trend.

One thing I believe that KNC are good at choosing price to always sell quickly, and if they didn't then the whole network protection and help customers keep percentage of the network goes out the door.

Also about the low BTC price due to news from China...
personally, I think the Chinese some time to sort themselves out, and we'll see BTC come back up when they have a solution sooner or later.
3000 ~ 3500 USD / Jan. Jupiter with limited (1 or 2) per customer. Let's see!
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 10:59:30 AM

Wouldn't it be better for existing customers if KnC didn't ship any more hardware till Neptune ?
The november(December) batch just added 3PH to the network.  The October batch added at least 2PH.

Yeah, I would prefer them not to release anything. I hoped those big manufacturers to have some sort of contact with each other, agreeing not to flood the network.

What's the exact terms on which they will make another batch? Also KnC is responsible for more than half of the current network  Shocked ?

As soon as a competitor starts shipping, that's what triggers KNC to sell more miners.
https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-24
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:06:59 AM

Next difficulty retarget occurs at block 276191.0 (eta 1.8 days): 1184765576.11 / +30.4% [est.] Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

wow.

every time KnC hits the market this kind of growth happens.

Anyone have an an idea of in what measure other asic vendors (bitmain, bitfury, avalon 2nd gen) contributed to this last jump?

I don't think there were a lot of KNC's shipped this difficulty.  Most of the November batch would have been shipped during the previous difficulty.

I suspect that most of the TH added this difficulty were probably from private mining operations.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:20:06 AM

if KNC sold Jupiters initially for $6,995
and then dropped it to $4,995

then now with difficulty higher and BTC lower it would have to be below $3995, and that seems high especially if BTC continues the downward trend.

One thing I believe that KNC are good at choosing price to always sell quickly, and if they didn't then the whole network protection and help customers keep percentage of the network goes out the door.

Also about the low BTC price due to news from China...
personally, I think the Chinese some time to sort themselves out, and we'll see BTC come back up when they have a solution sooner or later.
3000 ~ 3500 USD / Jan. Jupiter with limited (1 or 2) per customer. Let's see!

perhaps I'm naive but at 3k to 3.5k a pop Jupiter say out in beg of feb after holidays etc .. will that even make ROI in a reasonable manner? (don't yell taking devils advocate position here of slow btc value growth due to gov'ts and btc growing pains and the very large dump of equip slated to hit network in that spring time frame .either one imho will at best make btc $$$ to usd growth flat imho)

my Jupiter if I got it beg of Jan will get likely .10 btc per day so they get us these cheaper jupiter units at that price in feb if lucky looking at .05 btc a day? ....seems to me better off  spending 3x the amount for a Neptune>?

(of course silly me I know zip and am just winging it  in the middle of the lemmings here (ie choice of lemmings (1) cliff ie oops btc lemming death with company (2) breeding grounds btc goes up and up)

my 2c worth

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:04:37 PM

Wouldn't it be better for existing customers if KnC didn't ship any more hardware till Neptune ?
The november(December) batch just added 3PH to the network.  The October batch added at least 2PH.

Yeah, I would prefer them not to release anything. I hoped those big manufacturers to have some sort of contact with each other, agreeing not to flood the network.

What's the exact terms on which they will make another batch? Also KnC is responsible for more than half of the current network  Shocked ?

As soon as a competitor starts shipping, that's what triggers KNC to sell more miners.

Seams to leave a lot of room for interpretation. E.g. is Bitmain enough a reason?
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:05:27 PM

I don't think there were a lot of KNC's shipped this difficulty.  Most of the November batch would have been shipped during the previous difficulty.

I suspect that most of the TH added this difficulty were probably from private mining operations.

You're right the maximal network spike has been in the past few days.
However my novemeber Jupiter was only available for local Stockholm pickup on 9th Dec
The 3.5%/day network growth has occured with each KnC batch
http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth-10k.png
You really don't want to know what 1.035^30 is
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:07:28 PM

Seams to leave a lot of room for interpretation. E.g. is Bitmain enough a reason?

I assume KNC means 28nm competitors, so no, BitMain doesn't count.
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:09:51 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 12:21:18 PM by AussieHash

It would be a little dishonest to use hashfast's "October batch" as justification for breaking their self imposed network protection policy. (Especially when they've sold $27.5 million worth of Neptunes)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:17:31 PM

Yeah... they all get together and agree not to make money....  Huh  Not a chance in Hell bud.
I can't think of a single reason that would  motivate a Vendor/Manufacturer to do such a thing...
I can see it now... Andreas Kennmar telling BFL-Josh... "Sure ... We will wait until you are caught up"  Tongue Tongue Tongue

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:28:00 PM

It would be a little dishonest to use hashfast's "October batch" as justification for breaking their self imposed network protection policy.
You mean the network protection promise that said "We will not ship any new device ONLY if all our competitors leave their products in a warehouse gathering dust for 3 months and allow us to make all the money"?  Cheesy

It's also quite dishonest they have announced they will break that promise BEFORE any competitors ACTUALLY shipped.

Kind of proves they would not have kept their promise - they would have shipped new devices regardless. Their plan all along was to obliterate the bitcoin network for maximum profit, not to protect it. It's all BS and typical knc lies. Nobody is surprised are they?

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:35:32 PM

It would be a little dishonest to use hashfast's "October batch" as justification for breaking their self imposed network protection policy.
You mean the network protection promise that said "We will not ship any new device ONLY if all our competitors leave their products in a warehouse gathering dust for 3 months and allow us to make all the money"?  Cheesy

It's also quite dishonest they have announced they will break that promise BEFORE any competitors ACTUALLY shipped.

Kind of proves they would not have kept their promise anyway, they would have shipped new devices regardless. It's all BS and typical knc lies.
The moment I read that statement, I knew the deliveries would continue, and the statement was a contingency plan in case the competition was even later than they are....   Even if their English wasn't perfect, the point was clear. If the comp didnt deliver, we would enjoy a longer gap in deliveries... but that's not happening....  so all went just as they stated....  and imposing "lies" is total futile attempt at FUD IMHO... Gotta wonder why you always twist truth into lies somehow...  We all read it, deciphered it...and knew this would happen...we called this 10 mins after it was posted.  So...  WTF? They did EXACTLY what they said they would.

BTW...Just so you don't cry in a couple weeks when the "Off the shelf" Jupiters are gone first day...... We have all been warned of the upcoming Jup release, and been told to get your BTC ready. So be ready for Golly sake.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:39:08 PM

I assume KNC means 28nm competitors, so no, BitMain doesn't count.

That would be an arbitrary and rather useless criterion.  Bitmain is relatively competitive in GH/W, which at this point isnt worrying anyone yet anyway, and they are competitive price wise. Who cares what process node they use?  If Bitmain is ignored its much more likely to do with their relatively low volume.

That said, Im also quite curious who is piling on the hashrate right now. I was expecting this difficulty period to be relatively flat, since none of the well known names are shipping, aside perhaps from Bitfury and ignoring overpriced 65nm kit from BFL.  Instead of flat we've added about 3 PH in 9 days. Thats is a big surprise to me. Is there any chance part of this is KnC private mining operation that they now may or may not sell off?
monsieur

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

knc-shill-wannabe

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:42:16 PM

Yeah... they all get together and agree not to make money....  Huh  Not a chance in Hell bud.
I can't think of a single reason that would  motivate a Vendor/Manufacturer to do such a thing...
I can see it now... Andreas Kennmar telling BFL-Josh... "Sure ... We will wait until you are caught up"  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Ok, let me give you an example. Big companies hold their certain share of the network. If they try to destroy each other, it's possible that only one will dominate at the end. Rather than taking a chance to be destroyed, they come to an agreement and maintain their profits (continue mining on their equipment and continue slowly selling equipment). Reasonable?
But I guess with hashing ASIC design being pretty simple, too many new companies are popping up. So yeah, it probably wouldn't have worked well.
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:46:54 PM

@Phoenix1969 if iam seller and sell all time and customers not receive any btc
wht the point? bad reputation for company

looking job
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 12:58:16 PM

I'm not even sure what that means ?
You gotta plug it in at least...?
70% of the current hashrate,
Market cap in billions.....   70% of which is going to KNC owners...  ?  NO BTC? WOW
You must be doing something wrong, or have pool problems or something...
If you feel their reputation is bad, you can always go elsewhere... But I wouldn't recommend it!

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:04:51 PM

the difficulty increases and gains are smaller
and you're always selling same Ghash machine like bfl

looking job
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:06:56 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2013, 01:44:12 PM by Phoenix1969

at 1000 times the delivery speed, and at a lower cost each time.....  Huh
Like BFL?  Hahahahahaa  okay....   We certainly disagree there.
Jupiter went 550 to 650 by the way, and at a lower price.. in a single month...  and history... delivered.
Where is BFL again?
How's that Monarch running?...  Oh, that's right...  Not 'till January/February 2013 20?? for $4,680.00
We got our 500 & 650's already, and dominate the network with them..
I paid $4,632.30 on November 8th for each Nov Jupiter, and got them early December,
and $2,200 dollars cheaper than one delivered in October...
There just is no comparison there.
How about that 1500 Gh/s minirig for 22K?  ooh, 500 Gig x 3......  oh....450ish x 3.... and a year late?
That was a really bad comparison!....   Tongue   I won't hold it against you tho!... haha
Are you sure you want a BFL Product?

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:14:34 PM

Instead of flat we've added about 3 PH in 9 days. Thats is a big surprise to me. Is there any chance part of this is KnC private mining operation that they now may or may not sell off?

Not sure why this should surprise anyone. It's been discussed that the network rate would be inreasing a lot, in lumps, over the next few months. Who it comes from, to me, isn't that important, because there's lots of vendors out there working on their gear, getting it out the door, and not all of them are as public about it. My projections from a few months back are a little off because 2 of the vendors I've talked to are a little behind.

Still, the hashrate is going to skyrocket this quarter as long as the other chips fall into place. Q2 will be worse if my longterm predictions are close.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 01:21:25 PM

Not sure why this should surprise anyone. It's been discussed that the network rate would be inreasing a lot, in lumps, over the next few months. Who it comes from, to me, isn't that important, because there's lots of vendors out there working on their gear, getting it out the door, and not all of them are as public about it. My projections from a few months back are a little off because 2 of the vendors I've talked to are a little behind.

Im not at all surprised at the overall trend, Ive been expecting 10+PH by years end since this spring. Its just the increase this particular difficulty interval that is taking me by surprise. The increase is significantly larger than either KnC batches at a time no one is known to be shipping high volume / high hashrate products.

Still, the hashrate is going to skyrocket this quarter as long as the other chips fall into place. Q2 will be worse if my longterm predictions are close.

Percentage wise, I doubt it. I think the steepest increase will be the first two or three months of 2014. After that I expect we will begin to approach a more linear growth. Anyway, thats for the mining speculation subforum I guess.

Pages: « 1 ... 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: