Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 10:16:16 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 ... 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3012013 times)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:03:18 AM

Because that's what Bitpay does for it's merchants.

https://bitpay.com/terms
Fees & Settlement.

Invoice Generation and Exchange Rate Guarantee. To create an invoice, you may post a request to BitPay to collect a specific amount in your local currency, such as dollars or euros, or in Bitcoin. BitPay will pull the exchange rate and provide the Bitcoin payment instructions to the purchaser. We guarantee the exchange rate to you as long as the purchaser pays within the proper time window after the invoice is created. Invoice timeout information is clearly displayed on each BitPay invoice. While we guarantee the exchange rate as long as the purchaser pays within such time window, you agree that you assume the volatility risk of your local currency or Bitcoin, as applicable. For instance, if you ask us to collect USD $150, and the purchaser sends the payment within the time window, we guarantee you will receive exactly USD $150, minus our fee, but do not guarantee the value of the U.S. dollar.

And why would a business that needs cash to fund its operations want to hold volatile BTC?  They can mine BTC if they want to gamble.

But they aren't stupid enough (I assume) to risk their business by keeping all sales revenue in BTC.  And if they want to speculate they can take a certain percentage of their profits and BUY BTC.

Merchants can receive settlement in their local currency with a guaranteed exchange rate, or keep the bitcoins, or a percentage split.

https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-direct-deposit

I doubt you know better than KNC if they take all USD or not  Roll Eyes

I don't want to argue with you.  You believe what you want to believe.  I'll use logic and reason and come to my own conclusion.

Btw, I'm not assuming that they are exchanging to USD.  Most likely they are using their local currencies, EUR or SEK.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:10:48 AM

Fees & Settlement.

Invoice Generation and Exchange Rate Guarantee. To create an invoice, you may post a request to BitPay to collect a specific amount in your local currency, such as dollars or euros, or in Bitcoin. BitPay will pull the exchange rate and provide the Bitcoin payment instructions to the purchaser. We guarantee the exchange rate to you as long as the purchaser pays within the proper time window after the invoice is created. Invoice timeout information is clearly displayed on each BitPay invoice. While we guarantee the exchange rate as long as the purchaser pays within such time window, you agree that you assume the volatility risk of your local currency or Bitcoin, as applicable. For instance, if you ask us to collect USD $150, and the purchaser sends the payment within the time window, we guarantee you will receive exactly USD $150, minus our fee, but do not guarantee the value of the U.S. dollar.

And why would a business that needs cash to fund its operations want to hold volatile BTC?  They can mine BTC if they want to gamble.

But they aren't stupid enough (I assume) to risk their business by keeping all sales revenue in BTC.  And if they want to speculate they can take a certain percentage of their profits and BUY BTC.

Merchants can receive settlement in their local currency with a guaranteed exchange rate, or keep the bitcoins, or a percentage split.

I don't want to argue with you.  You believe what you want to believe.  I'll use logic and reason and come to my own conclusion.

Btw, I'm not assuming that they are exchanging to USD.  Most likely they are using their local currencies, EUR or SEK.

Logic and reason can equally dictate that they get 90% fiat and 10% BTC, because they are miners by heart and believe in the future of BTC.
Plus they made a s**t load of money, so 10% in BTC would not be classified as a big risk in their books Wink

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2013, 12:24:26 AM

Anyone have an inside scoop of when KNC will possibly list Jupiters? It will be Christmas in 11 days, then New Year's so anything to do with shipping will be delayed or who knows what. Are they thinking of releasing maybe this week, the next? I'm probably positive someone must have called them to ask. And most likely wouldn't post that "secret" info here.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
lemonte

Activity: 601

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:27:13 AM

Anyone have an inside scoop of when KNC will possibly list Jupiters? It will be Christmas in 11 days, then New Year's so anything to do with shipping will be delayed or who knows what. Are they thinking of releasing maybe this week, the next? I'm probably positive someone must have called them to ask. And most likely wouldn't post that "secret" info here.

I have no inside information, but I would hazard a guess at this week.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:33:23 AM

Last week they said have your coins ready. So somewhere between last week and eternity. It means, have your coins ready.

The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:37:04 AM

Last week they said have your coins ready. So somewhere between last week and eternity. It means, have your coins ready.
All,
Our first round Neptune products has now sold out.
We will be working with all of our suppliers to arrange another round of components so please keep an eye on our shop for future shipments of Neptune.
As it looks like our struggling competition may eventually ship before our Network protection period has finished, we may be in a position to release Jupiter’s and possibly upgrade cards which we will ship from stock.
If we do have more items to place in the shop for our 28nm range, we will announce this via one of our newsletters which will contain the time and date that they will go on sale. So keep some coins handy as we expect them to go quick.
A small note to say that bank transfers started on friday will be allowed. The status of your order will changed to paid when the transfer has arrived and been checked by our team.
Thanks KnC team
Friday?  Grin

I'd say that would be typical KNC. Take everyone's money on the last working day before Xmas, so they have everyone's money. Shipping - who care's? It makes no difference to KNC if they ship a week or a month later, as they prove time and time again. The only thing that matters is they have the money. Shipping late is their speciality, even with boards they have in stock.

In other news, Sam has been spotted Xmas shopping for some new wheels  Grin

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:52:29 AM

Fees & Settlement.

Btw, I'm not assuming that they are exchanging to USD.  Most likely they are using their local currencies, EUR or SEK.

Logic and reason can equally dictate that they get 90% fiat and 10% BTC, because they are miners by heart and believe in the future of BTC.
Plus they made a s**t load of money, so 10% in BTC would not be classified as a big risk in their books Wink

Well now you're taking my side of the argument, lol.  What you were saying before made it sound like you implying that  they kept all revenue in bitcoin form.  Or maybe I was reading to much into what you meant.  Like those clowns in the HashFast thread thinking they would be refunded the same amount of Bitcoin they initially invested.

Let's agree on one thing... Neither of us actually know what KNC is doing.  Wink
CYPER

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:59:43 AM

Fees & Settlement.

Btw, I'm not assuming that they are exchanging to USD.  Most likely they are using their local currencies, EUR or SEK.

Well now you're taking my side of the argument, lol.  What you were saying before made it sound like you implying that  they kept all revenue in bitcoin form.  Or maybe I was reading to much into what you meant.  Like those clowns in the HashFast thread thinking they would be refunded the same amount of Bitcoin they initially invested.

Let's agree on one thing... Neither of us actually know what KNC is doing.  Wink

Never said or implied that.
You said that "KNC don't give a crap about the price of BTC" which implies they don't get or own any BTC.

If this post helped you and you feel generous you know what to do: 1P9tXFy9bVgzrfPGeV7F8np26ZtFdCCWvz
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:18:56 AM

Fees & Settlement.

Never said or implied that.
You said that "KNC don't give a crap about the price of BTC" which implies they don't get or own any BTC.

You've edited out the most significant part of that quote...

Why does everyone seem to think the exchange rate of BTC will have anything to do with the release of a 3rd batch?  KNC don't give a crap about the price of BTC!...

I simply meant that KNC aren't going to time their release of the next batch with a BTC high or low.  They aren't going to judge profitability on the price of BTC since they instantly convert to fiat at the time of sale.

And yes, I suppose they do believe in BTC but any business would be foolish to keep all of their funds in BTC when it's completely unnecessary.  They are mining themselves and they can certainly speculate and buy BTC on the market as well without risking their entire business to a highly volatile currency.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 01:50:10 AM

So I have one november jupiter that refuses to stay on. Tried each individual ASIC separately, no dice, tried swapping the 1500w EVGA with a 860W Corsair, corsair didnt even turn it on (fans spun up but BBB no lights). Anyone got any ideas?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:15:28 AM

Strange though we don't hear anything from KNC about ANYTHING until some news about other companies coming out with a possible delivery. I bet that made KNC's head turn a little bit...so much they had to make a news annoucement in advertising selling hardware again. Pretty soon we will have other companies to finally choose from and won't be locked to a mouse quiet KNC. Even to this day, have they helped anyone on their own forum? Even after saying they would provide that support. It will definitely make me think twice if I buy any more hardware.

KNC will have ZERO 28nm competition until March/April.  All of the other companies have committed to multiple batches that won't finish shipping until then.  And until then, KNC will be they only vendor able to ship from stock if they so choose.

"First to market" is a massive advantage for KNC and you can bet that they will take full advantage of it.
I was thinking KNC would be on Neptune 20nm by then, and there simply is no competition....  Wink

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:07:37 AM

Strange though we don't hear anything from KNC about ANYTHING until some news about other companies coming out with a possible delivery. I bet that made KNC's head turn a little bit...so much they had to make a news annoucement in advertising selling hardware again. Pretty soon we will have other companies to finally choose from and won't be locked to a mouse quiet KNC. Even to this day, have they helped anyone on their own forum? Even after saying they would provide that support. It will definitely make me think twice if I buy any more hardware.

KNC will have ZERO 28nm competition until March/April.  All of the other companies have committed to multiple batches that won't finish shipping until then.  And until then, KNC will be they only vendor able to ship from stock if they so choose.

"First to market" is a massive advantage for KNC and you can bet that they will take full advantage of it.
I was thinking KNC would be on Neptune 20nm by then, and there simply is no competition....  Wink

The bolded sentence simply means that no other 28nm competitor will be selling units from stock like KNC could theoretically do if they wanted.  All other competitors are committed to fulfilling preorder batches until March/April.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:14:03 AM

Given their stated reasoning for releasing another batch, I would expect them to wait until a competitor actually ships something.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:18:37 AM

Given their stated reasoning for releasing another batch, I would expect them to wait until a competitor actually ships something.

HashFast has to be damn close by now.  Right?
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 877

Etherscan.io

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:07:43 AM

Given their past pricing trend I am expecting the new batch to be anywhere between USD 2995-3995

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
Tweak25

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:08:27 AM

Phoenix:

Not having a go here, I assure you. Just wondering, because I'd like to know where to rank what you say.

In the past, because I follow this board, I've seen your ... hundreds of posts.
Some have been helpful, and I found some, like I'm sure a lot here did - kind of hilarious, as we watched you stumble through trying to set up your first saturn and posting here every 10 minutes ... then, the more recent "humblebrags" that have served to make some people angry.

That said, some of you stuff has been genuinely helpful.

But, to my question:
Can you disclose the nature of your relationship with KNC please? Like, fully? ... ie: what discounts you may or may not have gotten, etc?

Again, not having a go at you .... just wondering what weight to put on what you say. And, I don't mean that negatively. Like, I envy your close relationship. Same as I envy bitcoinorama for stepping up like he did. He earned his rep here as a solid dude, and his position shouldn't be begrudged.

At any rate, genuinely curious, not trying to be a dick. Feel free to PM, if you'd rather do that.

- Canadian early Oct. Jup owner, for the record.
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:10:54 AM

I hope that KNC sells their premined miners for BTC only. Show some love for the btc faithful, not just those who mine and cash out to fiat immediately.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
minternj

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:31:48 AM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-73

they say they will release jupiters for sale.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
waterboi92

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:35:47 AM

Given their past pricing trend I am expecting the new batch to be anywhere between USD 2995-3995

fingers crossed!

if i've helped you, donations welcome: 1BwGnrqSjbfJ39mTNrvb257eUSuUP7Pfxh
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1554

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:39:58 AM

fingers crossed!

yeah pricing at the last module price would be iffy to buy imho ...right now my Jupiter at 555.2gh is making around .26 coin a day so at 1000 bucks a 144gh module ..er imho that won't fly..but then again people betting on bitcoin price rises maybe it would

Searing

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 [1306] 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 ... 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.