Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:54:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 [2011] 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 02:34:25 AM

Can anyone tell me how much watts I'm using if on the advanced tab it's roughly showing 1460W? Also, anyone running a lot of TH with the Neptune?

I've got a little over 7th of neptunes running.  Several bad cubes laying around.  I haven't been able to figure out where all the excess watts would be coming from either.  I'm sure that's showing chip level, but I run 220v so I don't have a kill-a-watt meter for the wall watts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:04:16 AM

Can anyone tell me how much watts I'm using if on the advanced tab it's roughly showing 1460W? Also, anyone running a lot of TH with the Neptune?
I didn't bring my crystal ball.... darnit!

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:06:16 AM

Someone already got this problem ? Seem that one of my 5 cube doesnt receive power as the others... My 4 cubes are at 240 W + and cube 2 is always at 6-7 watts... ? Ive tried all possible combinaisons and i noticed that's really the problem of this cube and not wires. Thank you

I would say take the ribbon cords out from the controller board one by one until you figure out what cord belongs to that cube.

Then i would say unplug the rest of the cubes the same way and only leave that one cube plugged in. Then i would say turn it on and mine and see if its still doing it.
If it is, then try the power cord from a known working cube and if its still doing it.

Then try a ribbon cord from a known working cube and if its still doing it.
Try a different slot for the ribbon cord on the controller board. And if its still doing it then email knc for RMA after you have reflashed the micro sd card with firmware from scratch and the problem still exists.

If it at some point in the trial it starts working then you know it has to do with that part. My initial guess would be a power issue.

I tried everything and ive noticed thats really a power problem of this cube. Does someone have a home solution? If not, gonna need to deal with Knc to get a new one :S

Then rip the band aid off and RMA it. Some of mine arrive back today. Thats a turnaround of less then two weeks.

support@kncminer.com
OMG congrats dude. That's usually unheard of in here....   thanks for the info... What Country?

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:06:56 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 09:39:28 AM by LongAndShort

Someone already got this problem ? Seem that one of my 5 cube doesnt receive power as the others... My 4 cubes are at 240 W + and cube 2 is always at 6-7 watts... ? Ive tried all possible combinaisons and i noticed that's really the problem of this cube and not wires. Thank you

I would say take the ribbon cords out from the controller board one by one until you figure out what cord belongs to that cube.

Then i would say unplug the rest of the cubes the same way and only leave that one cube plugged in. Then i would say turn it on and mine and see if its still doing it.
If it is, then try the power cord from a known working cube and if its still doing it.

Try a different slot for the ribbon cord on the controller board. And if its still doing it then email knc for RMA after you have reflashed the micro sd card with firmware from scratch and the problem still exists.

If it at some point in the trial it starts working then you know it has to do with that part. My initial guess would be a power issue.

I tried everything and ive noticed thats really a power problem of this cube. Does someone have a home solution? If not, gonna need to deal with Knc to get a new one :S

Then rip the band aid off and RMA it. Some of mine arrive back today. Thats a turnaround of less then two weeks.

support@kncminer.com
OMG congrats dude. That's usually unheard of in here....   thanks for the info... What Country?

Australia.

All the cubes work as intended as they did the day i bought them all... For now
teslaman

Activity: 65
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:17:53 AM

Based on the calculations done on the R.I.P. KnC forum, I would say that's roughly around 1982W at the wall.

I used the same calculations to see if I could run 3 Neptune miners on one 30A, 240V breaker and it came out right around the recommended max 80% load. I went ahead and did it and it worked out fine. So, the numbers can't be too far off.

I also use it for calculating how much of the electric bill the miners account for. Subtracting the miners puts me around what the average usage was pre-mining.

If I ever get a clamp meter, I'll be sure to post how the actual numbers compare. Smiley

KnCMiner Firmware - Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune/Titan
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:50:56 PM

Based on the calculations done on the R.I.P. KnC forum, I would say that's roughly around 1982W at the wall.

I used the same calculations to see if I could run 3 Neptune miners on one 30A, 240V breaker and it came out right around the recommended max 80% load. I went ahead and did it and it worked out fine. So, the numbers can't be too far off.

I also use it for calculating how much of the electric bill the miners account for. Subtracting the miners puts me around what the average usage was pre-mining.

If I ever get a clamp meter, I'll be sure to post how the actual numbers compare. Smiley

I pull around +/- 1900 watt @ all 500 mhz knc defaults with 470 mhz
so running ~1900w at @ 500 is quite good.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:53:54 PM

support@kncminer.com
OMG congrats dude. That's usually unheard of in here....   thanks for the info... What Country?

Australia.

All the cubes work as intended as they did the day i bought them all... For now

RMA at KNC works quite well its the scammers who do not have a miner at all that PRETEND to have a miner and create the messages about failing parts at forums like theese.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
bbuser

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:00:01 PM

I've got a little over 7th of neptunes running.  Several bad cubes laying around.  I haven't been able to figure out where all the excess watts would be coming from either.  I'm sure that's showing chip level, but I run 220v so I don't have a kill-a-watt meter for the wall watts.

Thanks guys. I'm assuming everyone is also running fans with these miners, right? I've got a fan but it uses like 84watts. Any recommendations on high efficiency fans?
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:27:36 PM

I've got a little over 7th of neptunes running.  Several bad cubes laying around.  I haven't been able to figure out where all the excess watts would be coming from either.  I'm sure that's showing chip level, but I run 220v so I don't have a kill-a-watt meter for the wall watts.

Thanks guys. I'm assuming everyone is also running fans with these miners, right? I've got a fan but it uses like 84watts. Any recommendations on high efficiency fans?

just replaced the fanes of the bonus miners.
with a noctua 3000 rpm fan 4 wire fan.
and a room with an open chimney.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
teslaman

Activity: 65
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:17:11 AM

I wasn't running any during the winter, but I am now that it's getting warmer here. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have trying to find a high efficiency fan that has good airflow. Usually, you just size it to your needs, how big you want/need it, how much air you need it to move, etc, then find a brand with good reviews. I just ended up getting a 20" Box fan to blow the heat out the window and that is working well for my 3 Neptunes. That's moving a lot of air though, so it's rated at 120W or so on High. That only costs me less than $10 a month to run 24/7 though, so I can definitely live with that.

Is yours moving a good amount of air at 84W?

KnCMiner Firmware - Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune/Titan
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:58:40 AM

3 out of 4 dies of one 1st batch Titan-cube died o while a go. Do you guys have any tricks to bring them back? I can't remember how to exactly power cycle them. Was it to just start the miner without the power cable or something like that?

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:27:30 AM

3 out of 4 dies of one 1st batch Titan-cube died o while a go. Do you guys have any tricks to bring them back? I can't remember how to exactly power cycle them. Was it to just start the miner without the power cable or something like that?

Oh god, do they just stop working even after all the firmware updates ?   who else experience this ?   can't believe they sent alpha state miners for 10,000$
Hunyadi
Legendary

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:44:39 AM

Oh god, do they just stop working even after all the firmware updates ?   who else experience this ?   can't believe they sent alpha state miners for 10,000$

Yes they stopped working around 2 weeks ago. I updated fw to 2.0 and it helped, unfortunately, now nothing seems to work.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 11:02:06 AM

Careful, you'll invoke that twat notthematrix to start posting his sermon about how everybody who complains about KnC is an idiot who isn't deserving of KnC's love and how he took a gamble and won while everybody who didn't win is an asshole who took a gamble and lost so, you know, stfu dumb bitches . . .etc. etc.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:17:13 PM

Oh god, do they just stop working even after all the firmware updates ?   who else experience this ?   can't believe they sent alpha state miners for 10,000$

Careful, you'll invoke that twat notthematrix to start posting his sermon about how everybody who complains about KnC is an idiot who isn't deserving of KnC's love and how he took a gamble and won while everybody who didn't win is an asshole who took a gamble and lost so, you know, stfu dumb bitches . . .etc. etc.

exactly you r getting it.
Its just like the insiders of banks...
https://ipsofactodotme.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/dit-kan-niet-waar-zijn-this-cant-be-true/
if yoiu are not tech shavvy , you are a muppet , and muppets sould not take the gamble , but if you can replace a beagle bone black , its quite easy to restart the miner , go for beagle bone black rev C (for neptune)  and you can find how to re-flash it in previous posts....
if done restore the settings and you are online again.
saw some titan boards with raspberry pi if yours have a raspberry you can also replace that easaly.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Hunyadi
Legendary

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:22:30 PM

Oh god, do they just stop working even after all the firmware updates ?   who else experience this ?   can't believe they sent alpha state miners for 10,000$

https://ipsofactodotme.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/dit-kan-niet-waar-zijn-this-cant-be-true/
if yoiu are not tech shavvy , you are a muppet , and muppets sould not take the gamble , but if you can replace a beagle bone black , its quite easy to restart the miner , go for beagle bone black rev C (for neptune)  and you can find how to re-flash it in previous posts....

Grin Re-flashin is not a problem. The problem is, it doesn't work.

notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:27:46 PM

if yoiu are not tech shavvy , you are a muppet , and muppets sould not take the gamble , but if you can replace a beagle bone black , its quite easy to restart the miner , go for beagle bone black rev C (for neptune)  and you can find how to re-flash it in previous posts....

what Does not work? Smiley  .... The beagle bone , the board youy cant see the cubes etc .... no electicity etc etc ,, so thats what you have to check.....
I did the same.
you can RMA it only if cubes are realy broken.
but for the board its easy to fix.
make a puic of the controler board so people can see what Micro computer is on it.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Hunyadi
Legendary

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 01:34:37 PM

if yoiu are not tech shavvy , you are a muppet , and muppets sould not take the gamble , but if you can replace a beagle bone black , its quite easy to restart the miner , go for beagle bone black rev C (for neptune)  and you can find how to re-flash it in previous posts....

what Does not work? Smiley  .... The beagle bone , the board youy cant see the cubes etc .... no electicity etc etc ,, so thats what you have to check.....
I did the same.
you can RMA it only if cubes are realy broken.
but for the board its easy to fix.
make a puic of the controler board so people can see what Micro computer is on it.

Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:04:06 PM

I'm possibly picking up a used bonus Neptune, and my understanding is they were shipped without the VRM heat transfer pads that were factory installed on the original Neptunes and Titans. Has anyone found a suitable replacement for them? I assume they're needed for stable operation at 3~3.3 TH/s?

I also need to RMA a Titan cube that has 2 dead dies. Also have another cube with 1 dead die, but KNC won't RMA that one since I can overclock my cubes to reach 300MH/s anyways.  Roll Eyes What kind of turn around times have you guys experienced lately with Titan cube RMAs?
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 02:49:37 PM

+1
Pages: « 1 ... 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 [2011] 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: