Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:04:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 [2109] 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:48:31 PM

The ones I made have added 16v capacitors on male and female ends. This reduces the heat.  The triple head helps reduce heat also. If anyone needs pics , just ask.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:55:27 PM

I did purchase (20) brackets from Mark and they look extremely well made, and very professional. Havent had a chance to mount them yet. At $10 each , its an amazing bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:56:30 AM

I did purchase (20) brackets from Mark and they look extremely well made, and very professional. Havent had a chance to mount them yet. At $10 each , its an amazing bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegas

Thanks! Please leave me some +Trust! I had cut a few of the factory holddowns like others have done, but that still left the front single mount which is probably the reason that dies 1 and 2 are the first to fail. I was looking for a better way to secure the cooler and came up with this idea and designed it to have rounded corners to allow more room for DC/DC heatsinks. Then when I went to have them made if I only had enough made for my Titans the brackets would have cost twice as much. If I made more that what I needed to make it worth the metal working shops time, the cost was 1/2 as much, so I had the extras made and figured some of you guys would want a better mount also, and wanted to keep the cost down for fellow miners.

You can also apply a addition larger heatsink between the brackets like in the photo below. This lowered the temp a additional 1.25 Degree.

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:06:33 AM

did anyone else buy this firmware from http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/ and didn't get a confirmation mail?

For me it was just send LTC to address and get access to a download link. Now I can't prove the purchase.

I can look you up Mickey. Just PM me, I just need your email . I need to get the database to Tarkin anyway. I wont speak long on this, and turn the thread into a circus, except to say I "felt" wronged. I am not a bad person, and neither is Tarkin. We had our our disagreement, but at the end of the day, the community should not suffer for our disagreement. I plan on returning to this forum soon for the sole purpose of contributing information. Please lets not discuss the past and turn this thread into a soap opera, nobody wants to read that. If you dont like me, put me on ignore. Im not here to cause problems. Tarkin, I sincerely apologize to you for being an ass. 'nuff said.
Vegas

pm'ed, thanks!
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:24:02 AM

So I had a few minutes and mounted one and took a few photos. My experience was very positive.

First I tried to mount the bracket using the small screws that were already in the aluminum flat area, and quickly discovered they were not long enough. The solution that I used was to take the kncminer long screws that were already in there and use those to screw through the threads. Now they are much too long, so the fitting was so tight that I didnt even need to put a nut underneath. It clamped the aluminum area to your brackets very tight and secure.

Next I cut off the excess screw with a dremel.

Then I had some loose standoffs that were just spinning under the case. An EASY fix with the strongest glue I know of : JB weld. 3700 PSI glue. Its like concrete. Just put some glue on the bottom of the broken standoffs. Its makes it much stronger than even factory. This is the bottom of the cube were no one will see it.

After that everything turned out great!!!

Even lowered the ambient temps by 10C

The only catch is most people will only have 3 long screws. I happen to have many extra. So perhaps hunt down 4 screws with same torque head and measure size and add a buck to each bracket. I would pay for them all day long.

People can also use JB weld glue to glue the bracket to the heatsink, if they dont have screws. Its that strong.

Vegas

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:26:38 AM

did anyone else buy this firmware from http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/ and didn't get a confirmation mail?

For me it was just send LTC to address and get access to a download link. Now I can't prove the purchase.

pm'ed, thanks!

Confirmed Mickey did pay for 1 licence.

Vegas

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:32:08 AM

When I get more time. Im going to post a walkthrough how to get a tighter seal on the aluminum cap between the copper heatsink and the silver cap. It includes epoxy thermal glue and a thin copper plate as most of you have noticed, the coverage is lacking. There is a cheap and easy, and very effective solution to this, and it will reduce ambient temps by 5c-10c

Vegas

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:36:03 AM

Vegas

Thanks! Please leave me some +Trust! I had cut a few of the factory holddowns like others have done, but that still left the front single mount which is probably the reason that dies 1 and 2 are the first to fail. I was looking for a better way to secure the cooler and came up with this idea and designed it to have rounded corners to allow more room for DC/DC heatsinks. Then when I went to have them made if I only had enough made for my Titans the brackets would have cost twice as much. If I made more that what I needed to make it worth the metal working shops time, the cost was 1/2 as much, so I had the extras made and figured some of you guys would want a better mount also, and wanted to keep the cost down for fellow miners.

You can also apply a addition larger heatsink between the brackets like in the photo below. This lowered the temp a additional 1.25 Degree.

Hey Maxumark!

You have a LINK for that big ass heat sink above? or whatever to dig one up via google?

Also below as to the trusted user feedback here on bitcointtalk (or for anyone else legit selling stuff on here)

I sent you a PM but to get trusted status you have to have the buyer in your trusted list on your end and them with the successful sale on their end also...so as people pay and all is well you put them on your trusted list as paying etc and then perhaps they will do the same and put you on theirs and thus you swap trust comments and viola!

I have you on my trusted list so you showed up as a trusted to make me +4 ...BUT ALAS you did not have me on your list yet..not sure if this can be undone with you adding me to such

anyway did pm on this just posting it here if you missed it (or anyone else wants to keep track of this kinda thing that is legit and sells stuff on bitcointalk)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Maxumark

Activity: 159
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:56:31 AM

So I had a few minutes and mounted one and took a few photos. My experience was very positive.

First I tried to mount the bracket using the small screws that were already in the aluminum flat area, and quickly discovered they were not long enough. The solution that I used was to take the kncminer long screws that were already in there and use those to screw through the threads. Now they are much too long, so the fitting was so tight that I didnt even need to put a nut underneath. It clamped the aluminum area to your brackets very tight and secure.

Next I cut off the excess screw with a dremel.

Then I had some loose standoffs that were just spinning under the case. An EASY fix with the strongest glue I know of : JB weld. 3700 PSI glue. Its like concrete. Just put some glue on the bottom of the broken standoffs. Its makes it much stronger than even factory. This is the bottom of the cube were no one will see it.

After that everything turned out great!!!

Even lowered the ambient temps by 10C

The only catch is most people will only have 3 long screws. I happen to have many extra. So perhaps hunt down 4 screws with same torque head and measure size and add a buck to each bracket. I would pay for them all day long.

People can also use JB weld glue to glue the bracket to the heatsink, if they dont have screws. Its that strong.

Vegas

What screws to use where when mounting the 4 point brackets:

When its all mounted you should have 1 of the 3 long hold down screws leftover.

To mount the bracket to the small aluminum cooler holddown use the 2 screws that held the PC Board to the cube bottom in the front, and the 2 cube screws for top of the cube. These screws will be long enough to hold the brackets to the hold down but will not protrude out the bottom of the bracket plate. Then you can use two of your 3 long screws for the front, and my 2 provided black long screws fro the back, or if you prefer when applying to 2 cubes at a time you can use 4 long silver screws to secure the assembled bracket to PC Board on one cube and 4 black long screws on the other cube if you want all of the screws to match per cube. either way you will have 1 long screw leftover per cube. Then when putting the cube cover back on use the 2 short screws that were the alignment screws that you removed from small aluminum holddown plate so you could mount the brackets.         

Mining LTC and other alts since 2014 when I thought I missed the BTC train.
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 01:24:29 PM

Ya, that would work great too. The key is all the holes must be filled or it wont balance. I had loads of left over long screws as I removed my E-Plates ages ago, and just used those long screws from KFC. Its a PERFECT fit, and is very tight. Then just cut the excess with a Dremel.

Vegas

vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:28:53 PM

Clever mining V2 is the most profitable multipool to hash right now. My personal experience: I put 1Ghs for 24 hours and got .1 BTC. Zpool is the other good one.

http://poolpicker.eu/table?algo=scrypt

Vegas

Mattzees

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:03:34 PM

Clever mining V2 is the most profitable multipool to hash right now. My personal experience: I put 1Ghs for 24 hours and got .1 BTC. Zpool is the other good one.

http://poolpicker.eu/table?algo=scrypt

Vegas

Do you have a personal stake in these pools, or is this just unsolicited advice?
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:19:23 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 03:30:33 PM by vegasguy

No affiliation whatsoever. I dont get paid anything from them or any other pool. The other good pool is Prohashing.com. I will always announce when I am posting for commercial purposes that I have a stake in , and really that wont be much. Just some hardware mods I made, but I wont spam the thread. Perhaps one post like that every 3 months, and it will only be my finest mods like the triple head pci-e cable with capacitors and other unique items, and it will be clearly stated that I am selling these. Some of you are watching, and waiting to see what im really here for. Exhale. Im simply here as I feel I have great information to contribute to the community thats all. As the weeks go on youll be glad that I am here. I will be releasing information, never seen before.

Vegas

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:41:18 PM

Just something to file away in the back of your mind with poolpicker is that the earnings they show are before fees etc.  Also you should keep in mind that if the pool pays out in something like BTC and you still have to exchange it for other coin then your going to have yet more fees involved.  I know a lot of folks are after the BTC so it isn't a big deal, but for those who are acquiring other coins this adds up pretty fast. 

When I tested zpool I didn't feel my earnings were quite where I expected them to be, and I still had to exchange coin so the cost added up.  I felt like I was getting decent results with multipool.us, BUT again you end up acquiring lots of different coins that you may not need or desire so your back to sending off to exchanges and going through that.  Again overhead of time and cost. 

I am currently using Prohashing.com and they seem to be working well.  I was turned off by the higher fees, but I feel that is offset by the fact I can have them pay me in any coin I want, and the dashboard features and support have been decent so far.  I am always on the lookout for better opportunities of course, but after discovering that poolpicker is showing gross earnings, and not net and the fact my own experience didn't seem to net what I was expecting I am a lot more cautious with poolpickers recommendations now. 

I would recommend everyone give each of the pools a try over a couple of days and see what you get.  You might have a different experience than I did.  For now I am hanging around at Prohashing with my A2 and still trying to buy a Titan. 
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:58:33 PM

Just something to file away in the back of your mind with poolpicker is that the earnings they show are before fees etc.  Also you should keep in mind that if the pool pays out in something like BTC and you still have to exchange it for other coin then your going to have yet more fees involved.  I know a lot of folks are after the BTC so it isn't a big deal, but for those who are acquiring other coins this adds up pretty fast.  

When I tested zpool I didn't feel my earnings were quite where I expected them to be, and I still had to exchange coin so the cost added up.  I felt like I was getting decent results with multipool.us, BUT again you end up acquiring lots of different coins that you may not need or desire so your back to sending off to exchanges and going through that.  Again overhead of time and cost.  

I am currently using Prohashing.com and they seem to be working well.  I was turned off by the higher fees, but I feel that is offset by the fact I can have them pay me in any coin I want, and the dashboard features and support have been decent so far.  I am always on the lookout for better opportunities of course, but after discovering that poolpicker is showing gross earnings, and not net and the fact my own experience didn't seem to net what I was expecting I am a lot more cautious with poolpickers recommendations now.  

I would recommend everyone give each of the pools a try over a couple of days and see what you get.  You might have a different experience than I did.  For now I am hanging around at Prohashing with my A2 and still trying to buy a Titan.  

I really wish poolpicker would add prohashing as I would like to see how it compares with the others. Ive had a GREAT experience with Prohashing and highly recommend them. I wasnt impressed with Zpool. The payout times are unstable and come in strange amounts through the day. Like I said I did Clevermining for 24 hours and got .1 btc, im going to switch back to prohashing for 24 hours and compare.

Nice hash just released this information today:
*Profitability calculator*
Our profitability calculator aims to be a global database of mining hardware with records of mining performance as well as past and expected future earnings. This database is open to public and anybody can submit the performance of their hardware: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=calc

*New miners page*
We understand that monitoring the performance and profitability of your mining rigs is a vital and essential feature. Therefore we improved the miners page. The new mines page aggregates data from all algorithms and both locations into single, comprehensive page. No more drop-downs and confusions with locations and algorithms!

*GPU Farm rental*
The core feature of NiceHash is to offer on-demand hashing power rental service. However due to the complex nature of hashing rental system some algorithms are not supported. To cover the full range of our customers needs, NiceHash also provides the ability to rent physical GPU miners through our certified third-party GPU farm providers: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=gpufarmrental

Okay, let this be all for this anniversary . We would like to thank you all very much for being our customers. We'll work hard to furthermore improve NiceHash, release new features and make it one of the best cryptocurency mining places.

Vegas

xlameee

Activity: 40
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:32:27 PM

hi there

I turn off the miner few days a go needed to clean 2 of the cubes and when I plugged them on back again HW Status shown them OFF any suggestions how can fix that
I tried every troubleshooting I know to get them back ON nothing seems to work

Thank you
Longsnowsm

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:51:14 PM

Prohashing was in Poolpicker, but apparently the data that Prohashing provides is after fees.  This put them in a poor light on Poolpicker.  Apparently they said something to Poolpicker about how the data is reported and a arguement started which ended up in Poolpicker dropping Prohashing, and Prohashing deciding not to contest it because it is an apples to oranges comparison if your reporting gross vs net numbers and apparently there was a issue of standardizing the time frames for which they gather the reports.  So just a bunch of nonsense came out of it.  I had already looped through several pools before I landed on Prohashing.  Prohashing wasn't doing well on Poolpicker at the time, but strangely enough I was bringing in as much or more than I was on some of the other pools that appear to be the best as far as earnings according to Poolpicker.  So that sort of sealed the deal that Poolpicker isn't too awfully reliable as a yardstick to measure.

I will have to give Clevermining a try.  Possibly next week I will give them a couple of days of hashing to see how they do.  Are they optimized for Titan's?   
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 07:55:37 PM

hi there

I turn off the miner few days a go needed to clean 2 of the cubes and when I plugged them on back again HW Status shown them OFF any suggestions how can fix that

Thank you

check the data cable that connects to the cube, it is easy to connect to only 1 row instead of 2. Also redline on the ribbon cable connects towards the display and towards the back of the cube.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
xlameee

Activity: 40
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:57:02 PM

hi there

Thank you

check the data cable that connects to the cube, it is easy to connect to only 1 row instead of 2. Also redline on the ribbon cable connects towards the display and towards the back of the cube.

Sorry I don't understand what you are trying to tell me
Longsnowsm

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 09:05:41 PM

I believe what hawkfish007 is trying to say is double check your connection on the cubes.  It is easy to mis-align the connector so not all the pins are connected.  Make sure they are aligned correctly and fully seated.  I would add to double check the connections on the controller board also and make sure they are seated completely.   Usually it is the simple things that are the most common things to happen with stuff like this.
Pages: « 1 ... 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 [2109] 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: