Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:45:05 PM

IIRC, didn't KNC say we can get refunds up until the time of delivery?  like October for me.

is there a link to that policy?

I e-mailed about this 2 days ago and Carl from KNCMiner responded:

"You can request a refund at any time prior to shipment date."

I phoned KNC today as I have done a few times with them picking up pretty quickly.

I got a verbal confirmation again today saying they are offering refunds up to the shipping of the miner.

KNC also confirmed no delays on anything they know of.

You say you have done this a few times, why are you pestering them? Just let them get on with it, you are not the only one waiting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

And? If you paid 2 btc for a day 1 ddelivery instead of day2 you still made a difference.

I was just recapping the situation for cypher.  Though even people outside of the "golden ticket" first 500 slots that were fetching a high price are Day 1 it sounds like.  However if someone would have been day 2 then it likely will be worth it for them to buy into Day 1 for a BTC or 2 assuming KNC delivers.  I'm not convinced they know exactly how many units will go out in a day and I think every single day 2 order will likely not all go out 1 day after all the day 1 orders.  This is a total guess though like the rest of our speculation.  In the end we won't know if buying an early slot was worth what people paid until after delivery.
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 08:48:15 PM

amen to that.
Anenome5

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:12:54 PM

Any new info on the sub $1000 product that they were considering?
I don't think there were explicitly considering sub-$1,000, they just made a cheaper device, the Mercury. They don't want to do sub $1k because they don't want the support headache of having thousands of customers.

Democracy is the original 51% attack.
Anenome5

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:18:25 PM

Has anyone done any of the math to figure out if it's even worth it to buy a Jupiter now? I've been looking to get into ASIC mining for a while, but I always seem to miss the original announcements for these things by a month or two. As I'm sure you all know, the later you receive the device, the longer it takes to pay itself off. I'd hate to order one now to only have it pay for itself in 5 years. Tongue
Do the math yourself (use expert mode).

Also, ASICs run in 6 month sets more like, not years Tongue Profit is extremely front-loaded, which is why shipping position and delays are such a huge deal.

Anenome5

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:55:07 PM

I have often wondered why I would pay $7000 in June to be on shipping day #1 when it seems like I could pay the same $7000 in September to be on shipping day #4.

Shipping "days" may not correspond to consecutive days, for all we know.

Anenome5

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 09:58:25 PM

Not sure about the rest of you but I think Knc is going to have to release some pretty significant updates soon including Pic' of Chips, boards etc etc or a LOT of us are going to start getting itchy..

I come from the BFL disaster and I am one of the lucky ones that "JUST" this week got a refund for all my May 2013 orders..  But I had to file claims with Paypal and wait 14 days etc..  

I have a very bad taste in my mouth for anything ASIC after that experience..  

I used Paypal for my Knc order I placed in Mid June(Order #  25XX) and If dont see some pretty significant proof from Knc that they are on track and ok, my Paypal trigger finger will be itching and I have no idea what it will do..

I am gun shy now after BFL and have really NOTHING from Knc yet to make me NOT feel this way..

p.s.   I am Emailing Knc this Post..
All you ex bfl people act like wounded lovers cheated on by BFL--now you can't trust ANYONE ever again Tongue Avalon was my first love, they treated me well, but we broke up when they delayed batch3 too long. We're still friends.
I'm totally into KNC now Tongue

Anenome5

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:03:22 PM

I don't think there were explicitly considering sub-$1,000, they just made a cheaper device, the Mercury. They don't want to do sub $1k because they don't want the support headache of having thousands of customers.

They can't do anything less considering each chip is 100GH and the Mercury is a 1 Chip unit.

Can't split chips in 1/2.
True enough. Personally, I'd like to see their next product with entirely new gen-2 designed chips, assuming this batch comes off without a hitch.

You realize we've still got 4 long years until the next block-reward halving in 2017, and goddamn are we the lucky ones ^_^ Future generations will envy heavily the chance to actually mine even one entire bitcoin... per day. That will be an astounding, eye-opening thing to tell your grandchildren.

Grampa: "Yes Johnny, I once solo-mined a block and got 25 bitcoin."

J: "25 bitcoin, Grampa?! You could buy anything!"

Grampa: *chuckles* "Not quite anything, kiddo. But I did eventually buy this island with one of 'em."

Tongue

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:11:35 PM

They can't do anything less considering each chip is 100GH and the Mercury is a 1 Chip unit.

True enough. Personally, I'd like to see their next product with entirely new gen-2 designed chips, assuming this batch comes off without a hitch.

You realize we've still got 4 long years until the next block-reward halving in 2017, and goddamn are we the lucky ones ^_^ Future generations will envy heavily the chance to actually mine even one entire bitcoin... per day. That will be an astounding, eye-opening thing to tell your grandchildren.

Grampa: *chuckles* "Not quite anything, kiddo. But I did eventually buy this island with one of 'em."

Tongue

lol

i dont wanna interrupt your party but bitcoin maybe the first cc but it wont be the end of innovation.

most likely in 20 years you wont use btc anymore cause it got outplayed by stronger better faster safer whatever currencies.

that being said until then there is still alot to earn with bitcoins.
Anenome5

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 10:55:38 PM

Tongue

lol

i dont wanna interrupt your party but bitcoin maybe the first cc but it wont be the end of innovation.

most likely in 20 years you wont use btc anymore cause it got outplayed by stronger better faster safer whatever currencies.

It would have to be a structural improvement that can't be modded into bitcoin. I find that extremely unlikely. Altcoins will be great for proving new and good concepts--that will then end up modded into bitcoin if they work.

Kuroth

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 11:02:11 PM

Not sure about the rest of you but I think Knc is going to have to release some pretty significant updates soon including Pic' of Chips, boards etc etc or a LOT of us are going to start getting itchy..

I come from the BFL disaster and I am one of the lucky ones that "JUST" this week got a refund for all my May 2013 orders..  But I had to file claims with Paypal and wait 14 days etc..  

I used Paypal for my Knc order I placed in Mid June(Order #  25XX) and If dont see some pretty significant proof from Knc that they are on track and ok, my Paypal trigger finger will be itching and I have no idea what it will do..

I am gun shy now after BFL and have really NOTHING from Knc yet to make me NOT feel this way..

All you ex bfl people act like wounded lovers cheated on by BFL--now you can't trust ANYONE ever again Tongue Avalon was my first love, they treated me well, but we broke up when they delayed batch3 too long. We're still friends.

Tru Dat.    Grin  I feel like a Whore on a Navy ship full of men after BFL.....

binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 11:04:08 PM

Tongue

lol

"i dont wanna interrupt your party". Then just don't.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
ImI
Legendary

Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:04:16 AM

Tongue

lol

"i dont wanna interrupt your party". Then just don't.

i changed my mind and decided to let you know that most likely our grandchildren wont use bitcoins. thats it. learn to accept realities.
androz

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Crypto-ideologist

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 12:33:35 AM

i changed my mind and decided to let you know that most likely our grandchildren wont use bitcoins. thats it. learn to accept realities.

they will use vaginacoins for sure Grin

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 12:55:17 AM

Cumcoins

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 01:35:18 AM

please dont take your hate from BFL onto KNC just because they are nice and will listen... they already dealt with 100 pages on this thread and two open days..  if people won't go back and at least skim what has been said 500 times each I hope they do limit their responses..

they should cook up a huge FAQ though

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 02:40:46 AM

lol

I think that there's a fair chance that you are correct and that something else supercedes bitcoin, one day. However, that doesn't mean that 5, 10 or 20 years of bitcoin mining investment will go to waste. During the overlap, you will be able to purchase the replacement by exchanging bitcoin or fiat or whatever else you have invested in, just as you can choose to invest in litecoin or ppcoin or ripples if you feel that these will eventually overtake bitcoin.

Bitcoin may get replaced, but it won't be overnight and it's likely that the value of bitcoin will have risen significantly by the time that worthy competitors are truly nipping at their heels.

Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:46:22 AM

Tru Dat.    Grin  I feel like a Whore on a Navy ship full of men after BFL.....

LOL
ziomik
Legendary

Merit: 1009

SELL bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com SELL

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2013, 05:47:11 AM

Create domain china: http://knc-china.com/ in date:2013-07-12

DOMINI IN VENDITA/NOLEGGIO
bitcoinmarket.net | bitcoinitalia.com

Contattatemi pure per info.
---- +++ ----
"Se domani senti due massaie che parlano di bitcoin tra di loro dal macellaio, forse e' il momento di vendere.. se pero' le sentirai fra 10 anni forse staranno solo pagando il conto" GBianchi
---- +++ ----
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 18, 2013, 05:53:06 AM

I went with the childhood friend then ASIC haha
Keeps observing the swede in the corner  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: