Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 [657] 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:35:35 PM

Forget tracking numbers . Silk road has been busted. btc crashing. $3.5 million in btc seized also.
bodog poker seized too.

Edit: Actually btc price isn't diving as fast as I expected

That's actually great positive news!  Grin Bitcoin is free to rise without the negative stigma that that attached itself as a cancer.
If only they could also bust all the traffickers and drug dealers, who use USD, so that maybe Dollar would also stand a chance...

Something will replace the gap left by SR.  $50M a year in demand isn't going to just disappear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btc_uzr

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:37:33 PM

Bitcoinorama you work for kncminer as a PR guy or what is your function there? And have you always worked for them since the start of this topic message?

ur0pl, please do not take it for granted or complete. It's a brief description of my perception so far.
I followed the story from the beginning and It seems to be this way based on info available in here written by him:

He was an interested customer and payed for his device.
He was visiting the open day, made a good impression on KnC as it seems, so he got a job offered by them.
He refused to work for them until there's no product in hands, but as M.Sc. was impressed by the overall thing he saw.
So he was very pro KnC all time, but never was hiding it nor lied or mislead.
Last week he was asked to come over to Stockholm over the weekend on his expanses as far as I know. Then he accepted the job offer and provided to us  hot infos from the front line without any bigger delay. Thanks again Bitcoinorama!

*edit:
I just dared to answer this questions as he is resting now and others might be interested in it as well and before the next bullshit party starts I've though I'll provide my view.

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:41:02 PM

Forget tracking numbers . Silk road has been busted. btc crashing. $3.5 million in btc seized also.
bodog poker seized too.

That's actually great positive news!  Grin Bitcoin is free to rise without the negative stigma that that attached itself as a cancer.
If only they could also bust all the traffickers and drug dealers, who use USD, so that maybe Dollar would also stand a chance...
This is much off topic, and I will let it be after this post, but US currency has a special place with the citizens of the world, as opposed to the governments and businesses of the world.  

Do you recall some years ago, when the US announced that a change was being made to the 100 dollar bill to make it harder to counterfeit?  Rumors went around Eastern Europe, which morphed, as rumors do, into the belief that the "old" bills would no longer be honored.  There were great "runs" on banks and currency exchanges, with thousands of desperate people wanting to exchange the bills they feared soon would be worthless.

In that sense, the $100 bill serves the same purposes as gold, or diamonds.  Or, some day perhaps, as bitcoins.
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:44:49 PM

bodog poker seized too.

That's actually great positive news!  Grin Bitcoin is free to rise without the negative stigma that that attached itself as a cancer.
This is much off topic, and I will let it be after this post, but US currency has a special place with the citizens of the world, as opposed to the governments and businesses of the world.  

Do you recall some years ago, when the US announced that a change was being made to the 100 dollar bill to make it harder to counterfeit?  Rumors went around Eastern Europe, which morphed, as rumors do, into the belief that the "old" bills would no longer be honored.  There were great "runs" on banks and currency exchanges, with thousands of desperate people wanting to exchange the bills they feared soon would be worthless.

In that sense, the $100 bill serves the same purposes as gold, or diamonds.  Or, some day perhaps, as bitcoins.
Meh. The 500 Euro note is the banknote of choice for criminals in Europe. The dollar really is not as special as you think.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8678979.stm

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:48:20 PM

<snip>
May I ask how you can seize BTC ?
Do they have them in their wallets or at least the private keys ??

seizing hardware on which a wallet is stored on means nothing, but I guess it's what they did.
If they do not understand BTC and compare the wallet.dat to a real wallet then you're lost since there is the magic concept of a 'copy' another one might hold and transfer the 'seized' BTCs anyhow.

Well, if they can easily prove that you used a BTC address to receive/send funds then a judge can hold someone in contempt (in jail) until they disclose the private key. Sure, there are all kinds of ways that one could deny ownership but if they don't convince the judge then they sit in contempt.

Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:49:21 PM

Meh. The 500 Euro note is the banknote of choice for criminals in Europe. The dollar really is not as special as you think.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8678979.stm
That was my point:  for businesses - legal and criminal - the dollar is not so special.  But for people in less developed nations, in Asia, Africa, and continuing in areas of the former Soviet Union, many individuals maintain their hidden savings in USD.  

Certainly, in the latter, in EUR currency as well.  But not so much, yet, out of the EU's sphere.
btc_uzr

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:51:12 PM

<snip>
May I ask how you can seize BTC ?
Do they have them in their wallets or at least the private keys ??

seizing hardware on which a wallet is stored on means nothing, but I guess it's what they did.
If they do not understand BTC and compare the wallet.dat to a real wallet then you're lost since there is the magic concept of a 'copy' another one might hold and transfer the 'seized' BTCs anyhow.

Well, if they can easily prove that you used a BTC address to receive/send funds then a judge can hold someone in contempt (in jail) until they disclose the private key. Sure, there are all kinds of ways that one could deny ownership but if they don't convince the judge then they sit in contempt.

I thought more about family members or a close friend having for ex. a paper copy and now transfer the BTC to another wallet, then one could release after let's say 3 days the key without any impact. So seized or not seized in this case ?  Wink

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:51:40 PM

I thought there already was someone like SR, but they accept LTC also.  It's not Atlantis.
Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:03:03 PM

Forget tracking numbers . Silk road has been busted. btc crashing. $3.5 million in btc seized also

I'm glad SR is done.  Smiley

I'm not, it was a good place to get cheap generic prescription meds for those who need them. Sad
Yes, there's Canada. But prices were more affordable and reliable sellers.

Avalanche is a must own
btc_uzr

let's have some fun

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:04:53 PM

off topic?

Vagnavs
Legendary

Activity: 1121
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:08:58 PM

off topic?
wasn't Silk Road mentioned in the thread earlier?

Avalanche is a must own
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:10:03 PM

off topic?

After 660 pages you post 'off topic' Smiley

donations not accepted
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:12:18 PM

Is there any info about orders for picking-up in Stockholm? Huh

+100

Well, I am just now leaving Stockholm without my pickup and frankly angry at how mis-informed I was the whole time I was here. I could have changed the flight out or changed to a delivery but what I kept getting was "you will get your unit today or tomorrow".  

One truck left the factory already. Without my day1 1-500 Jun3 unit because I was never given the choice of sending it there even though they new perfectly I was leaving today!(Congrats to the lucky bastards whose units are in the truck).

Regarding your questions and because I know how hard it is to get information to organise your lives: I was also told many different things about pick up. Latest I got was that day 1's pick ups will be available today evening at their new shinny Östermalm address but, frankly, I have learned along this week to trust nothing coming from the central office.

I understand everything was tight and hard at the factory but there really is no point giving false information to clients. Especially if they flew all the way to Stockholm for a pick up. That is just unnecessary!   Angry

Pfft...  That's nothing.  Their Little address glitch costed me over a grand. I feel ya tho

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:14:13 PM

hm, get me right please, I'm seriously wondering and do not want to spread any FUD or panic

since the US budget issue is not resolved now the nasa website http://www.nasa.gov is down, you cannot visit Statue of Liberty, and many other things...
..are customs still working ?

This is what they have to say:-

Following a briefing Tuesday from U.S. Customs and Border Protection, officials at CME said the shutdown would have virtually no effect on companies because most of the agency’s 59,000 employees have been deemed essential and will continue to work.

One less thing to worry about. Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
MrHempstock

Activity: 140

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:15:49 PM

Thanks for all your effort, 'Orama. I guess the shill debate has been forcefully closed, thank FSM.

I think we should go round up all the shit talkers, rumor mongers and haters, and drag them by their necks in here to watch the thread for the next few days.

For old time's sake!

"VAPORWARE!!"

"SCAMMERS"

"BFL CLONE"

"I'LL BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT. Even though I never ordered from KNC, and have zero vested interest other than my general douchebaggery."

Anyway, this has been a wild ride. And my hates off to KNC, thank you for your hard work, integrity and honesty. My measly 25GH shares of a GB should be hashing away within 2 weeks.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:26:42 PM

hm, get me right please, I'm seriously wondering and do not want to spread any FUD or panic

since the US budget issue is not resolved now the nasa website http://www.nasa.gov is down, you cannot visit Statue of Liberty, and many other things...
..are customs still working ?

This is simply a political stunt. Customs is one of the places they steal money. It will be open.
pixl8tr

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:27:36 PM

Whoops, Got an update from UPS on KnC Shipment

Order exception.  Delayed shipment.
"THE COMMERCIAL INVOICE IS MISSING AND IS REQUIRED FOR EXPORT"

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:28:18 PM

Whoops, Got an update from UPS on KnC Shipment

Order exception.  Delayed shipment.
"THE COMMERCIAL INVOICE IS MISSING AND IS REQUIRED FOR EXPORT"

oh fuck
Vyper

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:28:25 PM

Silkroad effect..

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/mtgoxUSD.html
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:31:33 PM

Miner protection offered by KnC would be a huge plus.

So today I'm thinking about the possibility of my Mercury getting fried from lightening.  I recall a Presario that was destroyed by lightening.  The RJ-45 was molten copper at the motherboard.  The power in jack was blackened.  The power brick was dead.  Here in the US a home will usually have two phases of 120VAC relative to neutral and neutral is tied to ground in the service and then ground to a ground-rod driven into the ground properly at the service and the service has only those two phases coming in from the electric utility.  Perhaps the power company asked the cable company to pay a fee for connecting to their ground, was refused and got cut.  So, the jolt of lightening came in via the cable, thru the cable modem to the RJ-45 ethernet connection, out the power-in jack thru the power brick trying to get to neutral in the 120VAC outlet which is tied to ground in the service.  If the computer was using Wifi it wouldn't have fried. They should call it WhyFry.  So, I was thinking about my Mercury.  Since it has an operating system I'd need do something like take a laptop and configure its RJ-45 as the downlink of a router and the laptop's wifi as the uplink.  My very first router was an older system with multiple ethernet cards running either Slink or Potato.  That I recall was not for me an easy thing to do.  I wonder if it's any easier with Wheezy.  I'd probably take a communication penalty in metrics.

Think I'll try cable box -> 802.11 linksys wireless router -> (wireless) -> bridge -> my regular network routing.  I'll simply be unplugging my regular network routing uplink RJ-45 from the 802.11 and putting the bridge in place of the uplink cable, the uplink cable then going the bridge.  My entire regular network will then not be wired to the cable box.  This instead of wifi on each of the miners.  No threat of molten RJ45 copper and lesser fried power in on boards.   

Well, bridge isn't what I want.  Having two E900 Linksys routers, looking at the config I see "bridge" offered as an uplink option.  Trying that I lost the network for a while.  Seems bridge as they see it is taking the uplink and disabling it, then allowing the downlink ports and the wireless to be connected as if connecting a high speed switch.  There isn't a capability of *wireless* uplink to the upstream router.  If, as their example shows, there is still a hardwire ethernet link then I don't have wireless isolation of the downlink router.

Which is the correct forum for this?  I'm only doing this because the KnC will be the highest cost device on my network.
Pages: « 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 [657] 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: