Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049460 times)
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 03:45:11 PM

Thank you very much KNC!!

All four Noveremmmbbberrrr come late, but all is working perfect.

Everyone has 670 to 672 +-1. You are the best!

Now you can offer an other firmware so that we can have 1 Th/s per Machine.

If you develop one i will pay 1K for each machine. Cheesy

thx

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:14:29 PM

Just received my November Jupiters and there is damage. Here's the email I sent to support:

I just received my November batch Jupiters and 2 of the ASIC chips are extremely hot, reaching over 86C in a very cold room, which cannot be kept cold as it is the living room. The other ASIC chips vary in temperature from 38 to 57 degrees.
I removed the heatsink from the hottest ASIC to re-paste it and as you can see in the pictures provided it has been severely damaged during transit.
The base consisting of 4 copper pipes is supposed to be perfectly flat, so it has perfect contact with the heat spreader of the ASIC chip, but the pipes have been misaligned and bended and currently they do not sit at the same level as seen in the pictures.
The original metal plank that sits directly on top of the pipes has fallen off even though it is not supposed to as it is glued to the pipes.
Because of the uneven contact surface the whole heatsink is tilted backwards.

Also recently I bought an October Jupiter from (Phoenix1969) from Hawaii and it also arrived with one of the heatsink damaged it the same way. Until yesterday I was convinced it was damaged by being dropped as it looked impossible for such damage to happen during transit, but now with the units I have received directly from you it is obvious UPS are at fault. And his unit was packaged much better than yours - 2 separate boxes and a lot of thick bubble wrap.

Pictures from the Jupiters I received from you today: http://imgur.com/a/zrL2Z#0

Pictures from the Jupiter received a few days ago: http://imgur.com/a/zCCJk#0

The ASIC chips + boards are fine - it is just the coolers that are damaged. I have already ordered a replacement cooler for the Jupiter, not received directly from you, but would need to order 1 or 2 more for the damaged ones you sent me. I will appreciate it if you can pay for these or just sent me replacements.

Thank you.

ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:21:23 PM

Just received my November Jupiters and there is damage. Here's the email I sent to support:

I just received my November batch Jupiters and 2 of the ASIC chips are extremely hot, reaching over 86C in a very cold room, which cannot be kept cold as it is the living room. The other ASIC chips vary in temperature from 38 to 57 degrees.
I removed the heatsink from the hottest ASIC to re-paste it and as you can see in the pictures provided it has been severely damaged during transit.
The base consisting of 4 copper pipes is supposed to be perfectly flat, so it has perfect contact with the heat spreader of the ASIC chip, but the pipes have been misaligned and bended and currently they do not sit at the same level as seen in the pictures.
The original metal plank that sits directly on top of the pipes has fallen off even though it is not supposed to as it is glued to the pipes.

Also recently I bought an October Jupiter from (Phoenix1969) from Hawaii and it also arrived with one of the heatsink damaged it the same way. Until yesterday I was convinced it was damaged by being dropped as it looked impossible for such damage to happen during transit, but now with the units I have received directly from you it is obvious UPS are at fault. And his unit was packaged much better than yours - 2 separate boxes and a lot of thick bubble wrap.

Pictures from the Jupiters I received from you today: http://imgur.com/a/zrL2Z#0

The ASIC chips + boards are fine - it is just the coolers that are damaged. I have already ordered a replacement cooler for the Jupiter, not received directly from you, but would need to order 1 or 2 more for the damaged ones you sent me. I will appreciate it if you can pay for these or just sent me replacements.

Thank you.

man, you have had some bad luck/experiences eh....
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:23:52 PM

Thank you.

img removed

THink that's bad? All ya gotta do is buy new heatsinks  Wink, here's mine:

ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:27:13 PM

oh shitttt

exactly why they need to put foam or air packing into the case for shipment. sigh.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:29:13 PM

Thank you.

If the units were damaged by shipment, via dropping or whatnot, and the heat pipe moved out of place.. why not just move it back in place? Am I missing something? The force of the drop moving the pipe can't possibly be much more than a few pounds.

CYPER

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:31:33 PM

THink that's bad? All ya gotta do is buy new heatsinks  Wink, here's mine:

True. Mine are easy to fix. I just have to leave the window open until the new coolers arrive.
I wonder what have UPS been doing with the package. Play football?

Look at how big the difference is in temperature:

CYPER

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:33:44 PM

Thank you.

If the units were damaged by shipment, via dropping or whatnot, and the heat pipe moved out of place.. why not just move it back in place? Am I missing something? The force of the drop moving the pipe can't possibly be much more than a few pounds.

I tried forcing the pipes by hand to allign so they make a flat surface, but they are not moving and I am afraid that if I apply too much force I can do even more damage.
I might get a small hammer, put a piece of rubber or other cushioning material and hit the end of the piper on the top of the cooler downwards.
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:36:54 PM

I tried forcing the pipes by hand to allign so they make a flat surface, but they are not moving and I am afraid that if I apply too much force I can do even more damage.
I might get a small hammer, put a piece of rubber or other cushioning material and hit the end of the piper on the top of the cooler downwards.

Yeah try tapping it with something heavy like a hammer or a wrench or something. You could put a flat piece of metal against the pipe, it would help line it up automatically when you tap.

If that doesn't work, it wasn't damaged in shipping, it was likely defective to begin with. This is based on simple physics.

xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:41:13 PM

That's a precision machined surface.  You will never be able to get it flat enough by hand.  Just buy a new cooler, and hopefully, get KnC to reimburse you for the damaged one.

Libertarians:  Diligently plotting to take over the world and leave you alone.
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:42:46 PM

That's a precision machined surface.  You will never be able to get it flat enough by hand.  Just buy a new cooler, and hopefully, get KnC to reimburse you for the damaged one.

It's simply lapped/flattened, it's not measured on a micron level. You could use a flat piece of steel (CNC'd flat preferably) to align it.

I suspect it was like that from the OEM though, and not through shipping.

ASIC-K

Hell?

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:44:24 PM

no hes saying its actually bent, its hard to see in the pics but i know what he means. the pipes would barely contact the chip
Henchman24

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Could you use the flat bar (on the processor side) and the integrated bracket that came unglued to make a sandwich around the heatpipes?  Then use a c-clamp or locking pliers (vise-grips) to squeeze all four pipes back into proper alignment?
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:46:24 PM

no hes saying its actually bent, its hard to see in the pics but i know what he means. the pipes would barely contact the chip

Henchman24 kindof gets what I'm saying. Even if it's bent, it can be re-aligned. And if it can't be realigned, it was likely not damaged in delivery, but a defect from the OEM.

CYPER

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:55:11 PM

I think "bent" wasn't the best word to use.

Some copper pipes are slightly off level = not even surface.
The surface of each pipe is completely flat = no damage there.

So tapping them on top of the cooler might make them move downwards, thus alligning them on a horizontal plane.

I might try that a bit later.
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:58:50 PM

So tapping them on top of the cooler might make them move downwards, thus alligning them on a horizontal plane.

Just use a full tube of thermal paste! That'll fix it right up! lol

Mine was damaged as the front screw on the support bar wasn't screwed in, so the heatsink has free reign to bounce around. It's already back on it's way to KNC.

CYPER

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:17:45 PM

Mine was damaged as the front screw on the support bar wasn't screwed in, so the heatsink has free reign to bounce around. It's already back on it's way to KNC.

I wonder what kind of people work at the factory. How can you forget to screw everything right or leave the plastic cover on and still apply thermal paste all over it. Even a blind man will feel the plastic being on and remove it.
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:20:05 PM

I wonder what kind of people work at the factory. How can you forget to screw everything right or leave the plastic cover on and still apply thermal paste all over it. Even a blind man will feel the plastic being on and remove it.

They're not looking to catch these small misalginments. They're likely popping the stuff together, and turning it on for like a minute to make sure it "seems right". They were under a huge deadline.

This is part of the reason I believe KNC is making such a vague prediction of the next shipment. They know the crap they have to face with the new product, and they want more time to get things right.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:40:21 PM

After bending them back mostly right, you will still need to sand/lap the bottom. Be careful not to sand it down too much, if that gas in there escapes, its game over. Actually, that may already have happenend if there is only the tiniest of cracks. Ive ruined a fair number of GPU coolers trying to bend the heatpipes on a certain type of cooler to elevate them above some high caps on my cards. No visible damage, but cooling performance was terrible and you could simply feel that some pipes no longer got warm like the others, despite perfect contact surface.
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:54:57 PM

Could you use the flat bar (on the processor side) and the integrated bracket that came unglued to make a sandwich around the heatpipes?  Then use a c-clamp or locking pliers (vise-grips) to squeeze all four pipes back into proper alignment?

or you could just buy a new one.

to easy.. job done  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: