Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:32:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 [1405] 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
greenbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:33:28 PM

if you think you have actual 220 running into your home... guess what... lol   you actually have two 110 lines which are combined to make the 220. The psu's mostly can handle either, yes, and 220 is more efficient in general... but what most don't realize is that your amp rating install is the limit. You get 100 or 200 amp service usually...just because you install 220v circuits, means nothing towards running more neptunes. But ok...I don't know what I'm talking about.... lol.. believe what you want. I have too many installs under my belt to buy that load of crap.

We have actual, 3 phase 240v service from our main panel here. ~1400A total capacity @ that voltage
actual 3 phase in usa homes is rare...  congratz    you must live "In town" eh?
They simply don't offer that here

More ignorance. Talk to your power company and they can probably pull 3 phase to your house (if you have commercial area for it on your property, there is no reason to have 3 phase at a house unless your draw is at least 20,000 KWH per month in my opinion.

I live off a state route in the middle of nowhere and my power company was able to get me 3 phase.
nope... 200a is max here, and I had to get a transformer installed to get it.
its not ignorance btw...  its fact, and we are supposed to be having a conversation...right? Why do people have to get nasty while conversing?
ignorance? I think not. That's just how it is here.

You realize your first post to mine was full of the nastiness and showed you had no clue what you were talking about?

I'm assuming you haven't even really talked to your power company, but that was me just being high and mighty. I find it hard to believe you're capped at 200amps, but it certainly could be the case.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greenbtc

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:35:17 PM

hahahaha.. really?   guess you don't know that two 110 lines make 220 in america....  don't have a grasp eh?  You know I wired my house...right? the neighbors house... and a few others...  all of which passed inspection by the county 1st time round. Not to mention the commercial installs. I frequently worked under a licenced Electrical contractor, and he will sign anything i do
Just sayin
on another note...
Good thing no miners here ATM...
My new 200 amp service line took a direct lightning strike last night  Angry
It blew every breaker in the house, both live phases
It exploded a 20 amp power strip, blew my desktop, microwave, and left a
3 inch long exploded hole in the new conduit. It struck on the portion
of the line we had not been able to bury yet. The mains are literally in pieces.
After calling the power company, they come and find that my transformer is also blown.
They patched me into a local transformer down the street a bit, but only one phase
is still working with a huge exposed/blackened hole in the conduit for now until I
can fix this mess. oh boy.  
So far I was able to get a set of dual 100amp switches for the mains and a
microwave oven (Gotta warm that coffee) to get going
Installing all new 2-2-2 in conduit is gonna be fun I have no way of
splicing the hit portion of the service line   do I?

Pretty sure I don't need to say anymore...don't trust just anybody for electrical advice, especially on the internet. In fact, if you THINK you aren't SURE about something electrical, hire a contractor. Your wife will thank you when the insurance actually covers the fire rather than them blaming your own shoddy handiwork.

Guess you brow beat your customers into paying lots and lots of money.  Shoddy?  What give any indication the work was shoddy?  Lightening will fry anything.
Yeah... guess the electric company was wrong saying my install was okay huh... lol  shoddy hahaha  okay...I'm done  
rip me apart. lol  fact is I don't care really,  you can find your own way...call a contractor....his wire is better because it costs more, right? lol
That lightning got dozens of homes around here

I wire the majority of my own buildings unless I don't have time, but someone who doesn't know simple facts about 3 phase, 240v, and 120v--I would not trust near my breaker box personally. I was simply telling others if you aren't SURE,  hire someone that IS.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:36:15 PM

if you think you have actual 220 running into your home... guess what... lol   you actually have two 110 lines which are combined to make the 220. The psu's mostly can handle either, yes, and 220 is more efficient in general... but what most don't realize is that your amp rating install is the limit. You get 100 or 200 amp service usually...just because you install 220v circuits, means nothing towards running more neptunes. But ok...I don't know what I'm talking about.... lol.. believe what you want. I have too many installs under my belt to buy that load of crap.

We have actual, 3 phase 240v service from our main panel here. ~1400A total capacity @ that voltage

More ignorance. Talk to your power company and they can probably pull 3 phase to your house (if you have commercial area for it on your property, there is no reason to have 3 phase at a house unless your draw is at least 20,000 KWH per month in my opinion.

I live off a state route in the middle of nowhere and my power company was able to get me 3 phase.
its not ignorance btw...  its fact, and we are supposed to be having a conversation...right? Why do people have to get nasty while conversing?

You realize your first post to mine was full of the nastiness and showed you had no clue what you were talking about?

I'm assuming you haven't even really talked to your power company, but that was me just being high and mighty. I find it hard to believe you're capped at 200amps, but it certainly could be the case.
sure...I could get another, totally separate meter with another 200 amp 2-phase, that's it. There's no 3 phase here in FF,  the nearest 3 phase is 25 miles away
i never called you ignorant...  and never meant to be nasty  okay?  just a discussion... take it easy

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
greenbtc

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:37:59 PM

sure...I could get another, totally separate meter with another 200 amp 2-phase, that's it.
i never called you ignorant...  and never meant to be nasty  okay?  just a discussion... take it easy

Yep--exactly, you can get more. 3 phase is on it's own meter (special), as are any additional runs to residential. So you simply don't *want* another 200 amp meter, not that you can't get more.
soy
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:38:03 PM

hahahaha.. really?   guess you don't know that two 110 lines make 220 in america....  don't have a grasp eh?  You know I wired my house...right? the neighbors house... and a few others...  all of which passed inspection by the county 1st time round. Not to mention the commercial installs. I frequently worked under a licenced Electrical contractor, and he will sign anything i do
Just sayin
on another note...
Good thing no miners here ATM...
My new 200 amp service line took a direct lightning strike last night  Angry
It blew every breaker in the house, both live phases
It exploded a 20 amp power strip, blew my desktop, microwave, and left a
3 inch long exploded hole in the new conduit. It struck on the portion
of the line we had not been able to bury yet. The mains are literally in pieces.
After calling the power company, they come and find that my transformer is also blown.
They patched me into a local transformer down the street a bit, but only one phase
is still working with a huge exposed/blackened hole in the conduit for now until I
can fix this mess. oh boy.  
So far I was able to get a set of dual 100amp switches for the mains and a
microwave oven (Gotta warm that coffee) to get going
Installing all new 2-2-2 in conduit is gonna be fun I have no way of
splicing the hit portion of the service line   do I?

Pretty sure I don't need to say anymore...don't trust just anybody for electrical advice, especially on the internet. In fact, if you THINK you aren't SURE about something electrical, hire a contractor. Your wife will thank you when the insurance actually covers the fire rather than them blaming your own shoddy handiwork.

Guess you brow beat your customers into paying lots and lots of money.  Shoddy?  What give any indication the work was shoddy?  Lightening will fry anything.
Yeah... guess the electric company was wrong saying my install was okay huh... lol  shoddy hahaha  okay...I'm done  
rip me apart. lol  fact is I don't care really,  you can find your own way...call a contractor....his wire is better because it costs more, right? lol
That lightning got dozens of homes around here

I wire the majority of my own buildings unless I don't have time, but someone who doesn't know simple facts about 3 phase, 240v, and 120v--I would not trust near my breaker box personally. I was simply telling others if you aren't SURE,  hire someone that IS.

Reminds me of electronic proto lab engineers who went to do a show in Chicago where the unions wouldn't let extension cords be used.  The engineers came back with the lowest opinions of those electricians - talked about it for years.
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:43:22 PM

can lighting hit this thread someday?

Strike X Here

might bring it back from the dead...

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:44:55 PM

Strike X Here

Hehehe... surely  

I'm indeed a bit frustrated... I'm still tossing equipment into the truck for the dump-run, and I really don't think 3-phase would have made any difference if it were possible. It blew 90% of what i have...through mains, subpanel breakers, breaker-ed power strips, and psu's
so far, 6 grand in damage, still counting. Thank the powers that be...  all data is okay...  I have 6tb of video that has taken 10 yrs to collect

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
greenbtc

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:48:37 PM

Strike X Here

Hehehe... surely  

I'm indeed a bit frustrated... I'm still tossing equipment into the truck for the dump-run, and I really don't think 3-phase would have made any difference if it were possible. It blew 90% of what i have...through mains, subpanel breakers, breaker-ed power strips, and psu's
so far, 6 grand in damage, still counting

3 phase would not have changed a thing in your situation, but a whole house lightning suppression system (they're inexpensive to some extent) would have. I install them standard on anything I do.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:51:47 PM

Well, the lightning rods were untouched by the lightning...   I think I know what attracted it to the service line .... The radio fence wire crosses the service line right where it struck... or at least it used to... it vaporized...  for several meters.. and yes... I left it on during the storm...oops.. and before you say it... ill admit to ignorance on that one.
5 Neptunes here at that moment would have been the demise of this project. whew. lucky

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:56:02 PM

Strike X Here

Hehehe... surely  

so far, 6 grand in damage, still counting

Just looking out my back door at the power line to a 100 amp breaker box.  Two heavy insulated cables, L1 and L2, wrapped around insulated steel twisted support cabling, the support cabling wrapped around a very heavy insulator and going no further.  The two heavy insulated wires loop out and down to plasitc PVC to the breaker box.  In the ground at the base of the pole is a ground rod.

I think you ran steel conduit from a box to another box outside and grounded it well, sitting above ground it would have attracted the lightening.  Down here they cut the copper grounds that ran up the sides of roadside poles to the support cabling while leaving those copper grounds on poles down on property.  Your conduit offered a better ground than you incoming power support cable perhaps.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:58:19 PM

hmm, all the conduit is schedule 40 pvc, and looks to have exploded outwards ... ill take a snap... gimme a min...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
soy
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:59:36 PM

hmm, all the conduit is schedule 40 pvc

Okay, I was picturing the stuff we use to use up in NY within stairwells in commercial buildings.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:04:35 PM

ghash.io is down???

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

one tenth of a second...
and i'm still using one 110 phase of it! lol

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
greenbtc

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:05:50 PM

ghash.io is down???

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yep, it is.
greenbtc

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:07:44 PM

one tenth of a second...

They make some serious home SPDs, have you thought about looking into them additionally to the lightning rods?
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:10:25 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2014, 10:16:32 PM by Phoenix1969

one tenth of a second...

They make some serious home SPDs, have you thought about looking into them additionally to the lightning rods?
Teach me o masterful one... im all ears as a Ferrangi would say...  SPD's?
suppression devices?
I honestly thought the breakers, and power strips offered some protection... hahahah

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:12:48 PM

one tenth of a second...

Teach me o masterful one... im all ears as a Ferrangi would say...  SPD's?
suppression devices?

Yes, surge protection device.
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:18:04 PM

Next weeks thread - How to install plumbing!
Saproach

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:18:17 PM

My October Jupiter hashes at 425Gh/s (has the Die0) issue.   I've wasted so much time (and downtime) messing around with it I've given up.

Any Toronto-based Jupiter miners interested in some pocket scratch in exchange for coming in to get mine up to speed?
Pages: « 1 ... 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 [1405] 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: