Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:09:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 [1639] 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:33:42 PM

Because it wasn't marketing.. they needed more delays to force people to see the benefit of cloud hosting. Shipped a bunch of junk equipment, at the customer's cost (no loss to them). Either way.. they knew what they were doing, regardless of the reason.

I pointed out awhile back that they were getting too friendly with BFL for my taste..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:39:02 PM

Because it wasn't marketing.. they needed more delays to force people to see the benefit of cloud hosting. Shipped a bunch of junk equipment, at the customer's cost (no loss to them). Either way.. they knew what they were doing, regardless of the reason.

I pointed out awhile back that they were getting too friendly with BFL for my taste..

Extortion then. At the very least it should demand a consultation with a lawyer for an affected party.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 09:52:32 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2014, 10:08:44 PM by Phoenix1969

I feel your pain Frankencrappers. But at the same time, I'm glad I didn't go that route.
I'm wondering now if they will get their shit together before Neptune or Titan ship?
This has all been epic to say the least, and it's not over yet.

*SgtMoth...  Yeah, I could have cited my sources, but I look a bit more magical this way, hehe. No.. really besides the KNCForum, it was on IRC and I had someone else I know who ordered several, and all were the same.... busted up. Knowing that....  It was logical to assume the rest of the batch, or most of it was also the same way. BTW.. your Avatar is hypnotic

what a mess...

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 10:19:11 PM

My Jupiter hasn't been shipped this week.

Anyone else who hasn't received theirs yet?

I never received shipping notice from knc. If I didn't have UPS My Choice i wouldn't have known it was sent.

Ok tnx.

Prepare to enter a world of stress
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:49:15 PM

I setup the second pair with similar poor results except only one ASIC doesn't hash. I'm getting a little over 800GHs on this pair. Even if all 18 ASICs worked, they wouldn't be able to get to 3THs. And they are running hot too. The BFL Singles in my hot garage aren't much warmer and the FrankenJups are in the air conditioned house. They are running low 70s to 80c. Gee I wonder if that has anything to do with the friction-fit heatsinks?!  Sad

from what i understand you just inform them of the pkg issues and they said (on forums someplace and knc forums) that you can keep the broke units and they will send you another... fulll unit packed corectly if i remember right...

now for those who "may or may not* know this ...I have a buddy that fixes state of the art new tv's etc..with microscopic components maybe 3 guys in this state can do so (MN)

IF you can find someone ...pay them in parts of your asic or some such..you may be able to 'revive' the dead frankenjupiter and get another replacement too

it is not such a long shot as you may think ..in that is what basically this guy does..repairs the 'unrepairable' logic boards on new TV's

anwyay I did not get such a beast but the odds would be 80% (assuming i could get a component that worked or worked the broke off)  anyway get it working

another option is if you have a local university with a clean room and a electroinic engineering or ETT certification program at a vo-tech you may get this 'extra' broke unit running for large amounts of beer/pizza....or a donation to the EE club at the uiniv

anyway what I'd do if i got the replacement and they let me keep that unit that arrived junked.....

what the heck worth a a shot hope this helps I refunded (to a Titan you can here my sob story this fall likely) but boy i'd be miffed too

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bkminer

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 11:57:29 PM

As far as having the UP Arrows on the packages I've seen UPS rotate packages that had many arrows on them.  I've also seen them throw a package with arrows and "Fragile" on it on the ground sideways and when it was in the way walk on top of it......

The biggest thing is shipping companies all have one rule...make sure any package can withstand a 7 foot drop..... I highly doubt the Franken's could withstand a 7 inch drop from what I've seen...
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:27:06 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 01:38:20 AM by Phoenix1969

As far as having the UP Arrows on the packages I've seen UPS rotate packages that had many arrows on them.  I've also seen them throw a package with arrows and "Fragile" on it on the ground sideways and when it was in the way walk on top of it......

The biggest thing is shipping companies all have one rule...make sure any package can withstand a 7 foot drop..... I highly doubt the Franken's could withstand a 7 inch drop from what I've seen...
Yep. and marking one "Fragile" results in extra bonus abuse.
We had this proven on the first Jupiter shipment...

Imagine if they knew it was a miner...  or had KNC stamped on the box.  omg.  
Plain brown box is best;
it only needed screws to hold the asics to the cooling towers, and this whole (current)mess could have been avoided.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:42:01 AM

Prediction: They did this knowing there would be issues. They'll then act like they're helping and promise to make it better. 2 weeks of silence. Then they'll say due to XYZ issue, there will be delays. After ABC time will re-ship you same  or worse equipment.

This is another tactic to push everyone to use their cloud hashing! It is basically a marketing tactic to send faulty hardware that's never going to work and the customer knows that it will be weeks and weeks before they get settled properly, so KNC offers the desperate customer their cloud hashing program subscription. It is pretty pathetic this multi-million dollar company can't even now properly ship out hardware. Custom hardware is shipped all over the world with no problems, but these guys took such a horrible approach to it really didn't care if the product came as expected or not. They basically just shoved parts in a box with no packing support and sent it out. No insurance, nothing. Thank god I cut my ties with this company a while ago.

I just really hope all the delusional people on here that are KNC fanboys remember this and cancel their Titan order(s).

Oh wow.  Good info.  Glad I caught this and the other posts.

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 01:45:13 AM

I just really hope all the delusional people on here that are KNC fanboys remember this and cancel their Titan order(s).

Except you can't cancel a Titan

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 02:02:33 AM

How could anyone rely on this company to design and make a good product anymore? I've heard it had rivets on this thing? Why would a mining rig that you NEED to access the internal components (like the fans) be riveted shut so you can't open it? You have to be able to access these components. Were these things really riveted shut so people can't open them? If you have a Neptune on order, now would be a really good time to get your money back. You just may receive a box of broken parts. Also, Phoenix told us he got all his units refunded but now has like three on order? Dude, are you a compulsive lire and just can't help it?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 02:04:13 AM

O god, forgot about that one. Imagine the shit those customer's will be going through. They'll receive a riveted sealed box with broken parts and faulty fans and no way to access them.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 02:31:11 AM

O god, forgot about that one. Imagine the shit those customer's will be going through. They'll receive a riveted sealed box with broken parts and faulty fans and no way to access them.

and be pressured into cloud mining with no equity
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:04:41 AM

I agree... The damned rivets are a fucking joke, a bad one. WTF KNC?
Some smartass probably brought up in a meeting that if they sealed the boxes, they'd have less internal meddling, and therefore less to refund from customer fuck-ups. While this may be true, you totally forgot Murphy's Law KNC.

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:25:34 AM

As far as having the UP Arrows on the packages I've seen UPS rotate packages that had many arrows on them.  I've also seen them throw a package with arrows and "Fragile" on it on the ground sideways and when it was in the way walk on top of it......

Yep. and marking one "Fragile" results in extra bonus abuse.
We had this proven on the first Jupiter shipment...

Imagine if they knew it was a miner...  or had KNC stamped on the box.  omg.  
Plain brown box is best;
it only needed screws to hold the asics to the cooling towers, and this whole (current)mess could have been avoided.

Yeah, i can only shake my head furiously in disbelief when i hear about KnC shipping and packaging practices, why dont the just put it in a box, covered with foam holders, like when you ship computers?

These things make shipping damage much more unlikely, even if the package were dropped.

Also, they should just put a shockwatch sticker on every package:

It is then easy to prove if the drop force was higher than a 7ft drop, and every uneducated parcel delivery guy knows, he is going to get into trouble if the thing brakes and will handle with more care.
I can tell you from personal experience, since we stick these on our (pricy) audio equipment when shipping it, damages have gone down 80%.

It seems to me like KnC has either hired the intern to manage all their shipping activities, or they simply lack common sense.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 05:56:18 AM

How could anyone rely on this company to design and make a good product anymore? I've heard it had rivets on this thing? Why would a mining rig that you NEED to access the internal components (like the fans) be riveted shut so you can't open it? You have to be able to access these components. Were these things really riveted shut so people can't open them? If you have a Neptune on order, now would be a really good time to get your money back. You just may receive a box of broken parts. Also, Phoenix told us he got all his units refunded but now has like three on order? Dude, are you a compulsive lire and just can't help it?

Yes indeed they case is riveted, not a single screw to be found. It looks like you may be able to break the plastic feet off of the bottom of the case and pull the components out through the bottom. But I'm not willing to break my warranty to do so. Besides, I'm not sure how you would reassemble it again. And I'm NOT a handy person.

Where are all of the replies from other FrankenJup owners that have their units running? I feel so alone, lol.
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:19:59 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2014, 07:40:53 AM by merv77

the way the frankenjup has been put together is seriously a disaster for KNC and everyone who's ordered one even if it arrives in one piece I would recommend to reject it and ask for them to sack their existing case designer and hire someone who got some experience.  The existing design could never survive any shipping company full stop.

Ask for 3TH/s of mining from their data center till new design can be produced and delivered.
OR ask for refund because of incompetence.  Even BFL Josh can do better on case designing.

I hope they do the same big mistake with Neptune and Titan, otherwise it will definitely be the end of KNC.

they should ask spondoolies Tech for some help on case design. By far best/professionally designed case/miner to date.

BTW, I'm not a frankenjup customer, but I have paid for a Titan and refund processing for Neptune.

edit, changed my signature to Spondoolies Tech SP30 offer as it's no longer worth being a reseller for KNC
rm1023

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 07:23:22 AM

Do you still think it was only 2 reports and I was just a KNC hater?
I was merely reporting the facts.

and now for a prediction... ... here comes the datahall offer for FrankenJupiter convertees...

*Someone's gonna be really pissed off at KNC when they realize what just happened, and why IMHO.

nope, just worried cause i received mine but didnt get it inspected before i mailed it again.  im trying to stop it now, before any more damage happens.  you said there were dozens of reports but didnt provide any proof and at that time i only found 2 reports.  it wasnt until i talked to my other buddy in florida, who had 5 unit sent and all five were fkd.
I imagine due to the Heat sink not being screwed down, but rather being held down by "pressure" from foam and the top of the case cover, that most if not all units will need to be opened, inspected and properly re-assembled if the boards are still viable.
Avenger mentioned that the boxes had no sign or arrow for "up" which then allowed for the boxes to be rotated as they moved along the shipping line, and this caused most if not all heat sinks to slip off the ASIC CHIP. I have some heat sinks that are about side ways laying across the boards, so pushing with a pen/pencil through the slots WILL NOT BE AN OPTION.

Whatever happens, I am not mining with these or powering them on until I get word from KNC. I unpacked each unit as carefully as possible to look for small pieces (resistors) and found at least 1 or 2 in the wrapping of every unit and way more in others where the heat sinks beat the shit out of the boards. Some boards I can visibly see they are fucked, but others I can not so I take no chances.

I have received an email that says basically 'hurry up and wait' we'll get to your problem order number 666666666 or something like that.
LOOL, i  laugh at you so HARD! .So you invested your dads money in to knc and expect to earn million $ by babysitting your miner?And now crying  HHHAAHHAA!Dude seriously get a real job!

These guys have thousands of dollars if not millions in some cases invested in this equipment.  Don't mock them, not cool.
tzortz

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 08:30:56 AM

I am sure they got delivered like this:

All is Mine!

1H7LUdfx9AFTMSXPsCBror3RDk57zgnc2R
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:17:43 AM

Do you still think it was only 2 reports and I was just a KNC hater?
I was merely reporting the facts.

and now for a prediction... ... here comes the datahall offer for FrankenJupiter convertees...

*Someone's gonna be really pissed off at KNC when they realize what just happened, and why IMHO.

nope, just worried cause i received mine but didnt get it inspected before i mailed it again.  im trying to stop it now, before any more damage happens.  you said there were dozens of reports but didnt provide any proof and at that time i only found 2 reports.  it wasnt until i talked to my other buddy in florida, who had 5 unit sent and all five were fkd.
I imagine due to the Heat sink not being screwed down, but rather being held down by "pressure" from foam and the top of the case cover, that most if not all units will need to be opened, inspected and properly re-assembled if the boards are still viable.
Avenger mentioned that the boxes had no sign or arrow for "up" which then allowed for the boxes to be rotated as they moved along the shipping line, and this caused most if not all heat sinks to slip off the ASIC CHIP. I have some heat sinks that are about side ways laying across the boards, so pushing with a pen/pencil through the slots WILL NOT BE AN OPTION.

Whatever happens, I am not mining with these or powering them on until I get word from KNC. I unpacked each unit as carefully as possible to look for small pieces (resistors) and found at least 1 or 2 in the wrapping of every unit and way more in others where the heat sinks beat the shit out of the boards. Some boards I can visibly see they are fucked, but others I can not so I take no chances.

I have received an email that says basically 'hurry up and wait' we'll get to your problem order number 666666666 or something like that.
LOOL, i  laugh at you so HARD! .So you invested your dads money in to knc and expect to earn million $ by babysitting your miner?And now crying  HHHAAHHAA!Dude seriously get a real job!

alpha, glad you had your laugh....and only reason I worry about 'ole' POPS is because he is such a gripe when it comes to money.....money he has, this a cup in his bucket but he watches every drop so not 'Crying' as you so kindly put it just complaining. And alpha, I have a real job, actually several of them, and this is just a side gig at 3.5TH/s and waiting on 1TH/s this week and a few other goodies....so a big GIG it is nonetheless SO ALPHA, SHUT YOUR YAP!
HATER!!
sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 27, 2014, 11:32:35 AM

Yes indeed they case is riveted, not a single screw to be found. It looks like you may be able to break the plastic feet off of the bottom of the case and pull the components out through the bottom. But I'm not willing to break my warranty to do so. Besides, I'm not sure how you would reassemble it again. And I'm NOT a handy person.

Where are all of the replies from other FrankenJup owners that have their units running? I feel so alone, lol.
I just finished doing a full visual inspection of 6TH/s worth of BROKENJUPS. I finally had time to sit there and really look at this disaster. Unfortunately that is all I can do at this time since there is no way I would power any of these units up. I found at least one resistor in the packaging of every single unit. I have some 25+ resistors that have been completely knocked off. I don't think I lost any since I tried to be very careful when removing each and every one out of the box and packaging hoping that at least a few units would be intact. Unfortunately this case design was very flawed. It might have worked had the heat sinks been bolted in place to the board itself. Since they were not, this allowed the bottom of the heat sink to easily slide off the chip and start beating everything else up.

So I can definitely see about 25 out of 36 boards that are damaged i.e. resistors missing. On some of these the heatsinks are literally on their side so this just does not bode well, I would be surprised if any of these worked at all.
Pages: « 1 ... 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 [1639] 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: